Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

• Please log in to reply
2839 replies to this topic

#2311 Crazydom

Crazydom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

I just got back from Target and got the 1600 point cards, which they had a ton by the register, for the sale price. The lady tried arguing that the picture in the ad for the door busters was different, but I kept saying that it says 1600 points so what's the actual difference? Finally she gave in and adjusted it for me lol.

#2312 vballboy51

vballboy51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

I just got back from Target and got the 1600 point cards, which they had a ton by the register, for the sale price. The lady tried arguing that the picture in the ad for the door busters was different, but I kept saying that it says 1600 points so what's the actual difference? Finally she gave in and adjusted it for me lol.

exact same thing for me, but i did get 4

#2313 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

Man you guys seem to be having ALOT of issues, I did at walmart when i tryed to PM the target ad (but they said no date = no pm) im like its a damn black friday ad! are you kidding me! Then I went to target, they had a ton of them, had one of the old ad's right next to them on the counter at the electronics register,
So when they rang it up at 20, i pointed it out in the ad, at 10, and i walked out with 11 of them at 10 bucks each, this was at 7:52 pm EST, they just assumed it was a problem with it ringing up.

#2314 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

I was able to get a few at Target. for some reason I was charged tax. Kmart, TRU, and I'm pretty sure Best Buy never charged tax on points/live/psn cards. I know Gamestops do. This is in NY btw.

#2315 themixmaster

themixmaster

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

I posted a couple pages back, but I picked mine up at 3:30pm EST and they rang up as $10 each.

#2316 Thelorn

Thelorn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

Went to Target was told management had pulled the deal and no longer will honor it. Went next door to Wal-Mart with the add and got priced matched no problem, he checked the dates on the add it said good 22-24 and he said alright and rang them up. Walked out with 6. Try using the dates on the adds if you have any problems.

#2317 goldeneye64

goldeneye64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

I went to Target around 830 pm est. They had only a bunch of the Avatar ones. Electronics section lady knew already that they were ringing up $19.99. Went to customer service and she argued that they were a door buster. I told her no where in the ad is there a time frame and it just says quantities limited. Then she tells me only the one in the picture in the ad of the controller cards are on sale.

She got her binder out with her black and white ad and typed some stuff in the system and claimed that the ones in the system that are on sale were originally $24.99 and not $19.99 like the ones I had in my hand. I told her 1600 points is $20 and there is no such thing as $24.99 for 1600 points card. But she wouldn't listen and I got shut down. I should have taken them them to the regular checkout to someone that had no clue what the deal was about. But they might have called the manager over anyway.

#2318 PhQTwo

PhQTwo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

I wonder how much money Target has lost on these. Typically cards like this only bring in a small profit like maybe 3-5%, so that would mean that they are losing close to $9 per card.

#2319 dmzauk

dmzauk

The Cat Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

I went in around 8:30 PM at the Target in Garner NC (White Oak) and went to the electronics dept and every 1600 card rang up $19.99 and on the shelf they had signs saying $10.00 3 month but they were sold out so I figured I would get the last 5 1600 cards that looked the same in the ad and went up front and of course they rang up $19.99 and I told her they were $10.00 and showed the ad & manager came over looked at the ad and shrugged her shoulders and said okay put in $10.00. Easy as pie, gone in 10 minutes. So, I got the ones that were in the ad and not with the girl avatar on the card.

Is the girl avatar the new cards or the old cards?

Follow @Studio1ACouch on Twitter! A famous couch that tweets. Bet you never thought you'd see that!

#2320 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

I ran across the "1600 point cards are ringing up at $19.99" issue as well. The Target I normally go to was picked clean of 1600 points cards save maybe a dozen up at the front registers.

Had a manager check on them and they were coming up as $19.99, though she had no idea why they were not coming up as $10.

Apparently, the "old style" cards were $19.99 and coming up as discontinued, though the "new style" (Windows 8-type design, all white with green lettering) were $10. Different SKU # for each type of card, as well.

They pulled all of the "old-style" cards and let me get two of them at $10 each.

#2321 Whirly

Whirly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

Went to the Target in South Austin with the video game stuff to the right and they would only do the cards which looked exactly like those in the ad which they no longer had. Then I went to the other Target and they guy manually price switched 20 of them for me to $9.99 after checking with somebody.

Success is sweet my friends.

#2322 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

Got 6 cards today at Walmart for $60. Got the Halo 4 Map Pass and the Battlefield 3 Premium pass, with many points leftover. Great day!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#2323 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

Glad I got more today before Target caught on. And selfishly, I'm also kind of glad to hear they aren't ringing up for $10 anymore, since I've been tempted to get even more all day, even though I won't go through what I've got for a very long time. It's just hard not to stockpile at that price.

#2324 darrenaero

darrenaero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

Does the deal end tonight or tomorrow?

#2325 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

You guys can always use the price checker to see what cards ring up for $10 or not. just make sure you scan the small barcode on top not the big bottom one.

#2326 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

like has been posted check the upcs...and take it to the scanner

#2327 Clue

Clue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

Scored 14 of these. Wasn't planning on heading out to the store, but figured I'd give it a shot after work.

First got denied at the East Greenbush, NY store, got the "must have been a doorbuster that ended at 4pm line". Then took a chance at the Latham, NY store and the clerk there in electronics, Ethan, who is awesome, price matched the ad he had without a second thought. He had to change the price on each individually, so if you're out there and see this, thanks!

#2328 thamaster24

thamaster24

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

Thanks you guys, picked up 6 cards for $60 and my buddy got the same deal at about 8 PM at a Memphis Target. All of the ones at the registers were gone but we were able to get them to manually change the price to $10 a piece on the ones by electronics. The people by electronics said no, the people up front said yes.

#2329 MeteoSparkZero

MeteoSparkZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

I found one of those white-ish points card before closing, but it was ringed up at regular price.
Posted Image

#2330 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

Had success getting Wal-Mart to price match. No problems at all, they looked and matched. Worked great. Got 5 cards total and with my gift card I had only ended up coming out to about $25 for $100 worth of MS points.

Over the past two years I have spent about an average of $110 on XBLA games and DLC total, so I probably could have grabbed one more to be safe/have a bit extra, but still mostly pleased with how this turned out. Easily, to me, the greatest Black Friday deal and perhaps the deal of the year. Though that Target Mobile thing was pretty insane.

#2331 Hunter Hybrid

Hunter Hybrid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

This is definitely deal of the year for me. $400 worth of MS points for $200, hell yeah!
Get paid for the time you spend on the web! Click here

#2332 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

Yeah, the Target I work at had the same issue. If I'm not mistaken, I think Target meant for the 3 Month cards to be $10 but the ad showed the 1600 point cards on accident. We still honored them until they sold out though.

#2333 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

Got 10 cards at Walmart. I would have bought more since I had a Target GC but my Target was out and I couldn't get them to give me any of the other 1600 MS point cards for $10. The Target Ad is still valid tomorrow, right? My brother and cousins want some but I am not letting them have mine :)
Posted Image

#2334 TXboxGuY

TXboxGuY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

I guess I may have found the very LAST one at my local Target -- at around 7:00 P.M. It wasn't on the display rack but randomly placed amidst assorted items in a nearby shopping cart. It scanned at $19.99 but I had the guy go look for the ad -- which I had left in car.

As he was away, getting the ad from another dept., a different associate told the cashier to just ring it up at $9.99. :)

I may try to get more tomorrow with a WM pricematch.

#2335 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

Not a single problem at the Woodinville, WA store tonight! FYI, I posted the following tips @ SlickDeals, and will do so for CAG as well. :D

• There is no magic UPC code. The following all rang up as $19.99 for me tonight:
    • 7-99366-72311-0
    • 7-99366-76386-4
    • 7-99366-77003-9
    • 7-99366-82427-5
  • Target employees are being very nice today (and tomorrow) despite cranky shoppers, so don't get up in their face ... they probably make less than you, and this is the one time of year when they have power over you.
  • You shouldn't have a problem to get the price adjusted as long as you can find GC's remaining in the store ... AND ... you take them back to the Electronics dept, rather than pester the checkers up-front.
  • Almost all stores, including Target, don't charge sales tax on GC's, so Walmart not charging sales tax wasn't a mistake. However, sales like this are especially great because Microsoft won't charge sales tax either if using strictly points (rather than currency). Even when buying Games on Demand (such as during the Black Friday sales week), hit the blue-X to convert the amount to points, and you'll avoid paying sales tax, so long as you don't have to buy more points during the transaction.
  • It's better to go when the crowds are low. Try late at night when there's no kids clamoring to try out the Wii-U.
  • Nearly no store (except maybe Walmart) are price-matching (especially Best Buy), so if your local Target has run out, you'll need to find another one ... and another one ...
  • Slow down for pedestrians! If you're the minivan owner who's rear window I slapped as you sped through a STOP line, you're lucky I didn't put my foot under your tire as you drove by ... I could've really used some juicy lawsuit money. :lol:

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#2336 threefiftyzzz

threefiftyzzz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

Just wondering what time you went in? I was hoping for things to be as smooth as you described, but got blocked. Did the cards actually ring up at $9.99 or did you have to get an adjustment?

I checked out at 4:15ish..rang up without a problem..the cards upc ended with 11.
Posted Image

#2337 creeduk

creeduk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Was/is the deal good through today or did it end last night?

#2338 fantasyphil

fantasyphil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Where did target advertise this deal? I don't see it in the ad

#2339 MattZack

MattZack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Black friday ad in the games section $10 area, but only in the print version, online version shows 3 month card.
Posted Image

#2340 creeduk

creeduk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

http://bfads.net/Ad/Target-2012/Page2

You can see it here. I saw it in store as well to confirm but did not keep a printed version (left in trolley)