Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chimpster1313']having read this entire thread, i love the turn around time from this thread being a general consensus 'fuckING AWFUL IDEA' to everyone thinking it's one of the most necessary additions to the CAG forum in years.

for the record, i am of the opinion that this thread rules, even if they aren't on sale often. and i just might have to bite on the 12 month-er at walmart. thanks op![/QUOTE]

i ,for one, welcome our new thread dedicated to deals on ms xbl/points cards

Now, if only, this thread also merges psn cards... :roll:

also yes!

you need Paypal for Bing Cashback to work.
Make sure you use your same paypal email to registed to bing. i am not sure if that is necessary but it is best. my paypal email is the same as my bing email and i have always gotten the cashback.

In for 1 from walmart.com. 15% bing cashback through Sponsered Link.

Hint: search for "Sony HDTV" to have the 15% link appear

I got a great suggestion, which I'm surprised hasn't been brought up.

You should put the date that you update the first post in the topic title so that people that aren't constantly checking this thread can tell when something changes.

I understand what the masses are saying: a thread for one (or perhaps a handful) of specific product seems pointless--especially with the relative infrequency of deals on said product.

Still, I have looked for a deal on this specific item a few times; would have been nice to have this tool.

If the OP is going to keep this thread rolling, this is a good idea. Thanks, OP!!! :applause:

[quote name='DemonGamer24']I got a great suggestion, which I'm surprised hasn't been brought up.

You should put the date that you update the first post in the topic title so that people that aren't constantly checking this thread can tell when something changes.[/QUOTE]

Excellent idea.

Does anyone know a way to check when your current subscription ends, online?
I have been on the Xbox live site and see nothing.

On the top right corner, hit the green arrow thing that's next to "My Xbox" and you'll get a drop down box; go to "My Account" and look under Membership Level.

It's been mentioned, but I'll mention it again because its an even better deal then amazon's was, at least if you are willing to stop at Walmart. You can get 12 months of live for $30, but also get 15% Bing Cashback, making the after rebate price $25.50 with free ship-to-store. There is no tax either, incidentally, at least I paid none. Search for HDTV at bing.com and click the 15% cashback at Walmart link. You can then search for anything at walmart and get 15% cashback in 60 days.

[quote name='crunchewy']It's been mentioned, but I'll mention it again because its an even better deal then amazon's was, at least if you are willing to stop at Walmart. You can get 12 months of live for $30, but also get 15% Bing Cashback, making the after rebate price $25.50 with free ship-to-store. There is no tax either, incidentally, at least I paid none. Search for HDTV at bing.com and click the 15% cashback at Walmart link. You can then search for anything at walmart and get 15% cashback in 60 days.[/QUOTE]

Do you have to use Paypal for the Bing cashback or can you use any credit card?

Thanks

[quote name='dmzauk']Do you have to use Paypal for the Bing cashback or can you use any credit card?

Thanks[/QUOTE]
yes!

Make sure you use your same paypal email to registed to bing. i am not sure if that is necessary but it is best. my paypal email is the same as my bing email and i have always gotten the cashback.

[quote name='dmzauk']Do you have to use Paypal for the Bing cashback or can you use any credit card?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Any credit card can be used as I've received Bing cashback without using Paypal.

[quote name='cRodz']yes!

Make sure you use your same paypal email to registed to bing. i am not sure if that is necessary but it is best. my paypal email is the same as my bing email and i have always gotten the cashback.[/QUOTE]

Actually that's incorrect.

For "Quick Cashback" you need a Paypal account in good standing, and you have to pay with Paypal to the BCB Merchant. Not all BCB merchants support Quick Cashback.

For normal Cashback Rewards, you do not require a Paypal account. You can redeem your Cashback Rewards the following ways:

PayPal account

AmazonPayments

Bank account

Paper check

Go to Settings, and then Reward Methods tab on your Bing Shopping page to set up the Reward redemption method that you like best.

[quote name='SuperSonic X 316']On the top right corner, hit the green arrow thing that's next to "My Xbox" and you'll get a drop down box; go to "My Account" and look under Membership Level.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
I looked all over for it and it was right in front of my face.

I believe the paypal requirement is only with Ebay. On ebay you have to pay with paypal and it has to be buy-it-now, but neither applies to walmart. Probably not other retailers either, but don't quote me on it.

Anyone know if we are likely to see a better deal on Microsoft Points then approx.. 77 cents per $1 of points, which is what you pay, after cashback, via their current 4000 point card price ($45) with 15% Bing cashback?

I would like to see this thread meet the following criteria:
1) stickied.
2) include all membership/points cards for all consoles.
3) auto updates.

On point number 3, how hard would it be for someone to write a script that polls the major online retailer sites for their current price and updates the first post when there is a change? These items never change SKU or MSRP, are in high demand, and frequently go on sale. Not something I could do, but... anyone?

Prices are current as of 7:46AM CST today. I will begin adding dates next to links when prices change.

Also, Amazon has black and white controllers for $30 right now. Good deal if you need an extra.

I don't know why I had thought the 12 Months Cards were 30 dollars in store at Wal-Mart but I went there yesterday after work. Although it was full price the bizarre thing was it was taxed, which kind of made me chuckle as I slinked away from the register and told them "No thanks."

Shipping to the store will, apparently, take two weeks.

[quote name='uglyteradon']I don't know why I had thought the 12 Months Cards were 30 dollars in store at Wal-Mart but I went there yesterday after work. Although it was full price the bizarre thing was it was taxed, which kind of made me chuckle as I slinked away from the register and told them "No thanks."

Shipping to the store will, apparently, take two weeks.[/QUOTE]

That's what it said for me, but I got notification that it's at the store today. I ordered a few days ago.

Saw in the gamestop email this morning that if you buy a 4000 point card by Feburary 1st, you can save $10 on a 12 month subscription.

4000 MS Points on Wal-Mart.com using 15% Bing Cashback makes the card 38.50, and use free site to store shipping. It works as I have done it, but do have to wait 60 days since I used my CCard.

[quote name='rgon86']4000 MS Points on Wal-Mart.com using 15% Bing Cashback makes the card 38.50, and use free site to store shipping. It works as I have done it, but do have to wait 60 days since I used my CCard.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the tip! What's a good search term to get the 15% discount? I tried the usual "wii" and it just got me 8%.

EDIT: alright I see a 15% Walmart discount, but it says it's for exercise equipment. Is there some specific way to get a discount that applies to a MS pts card?

Just search for HDTV, click the 15% at walmart link and then search for microsoft points on walmart.com. It doesn't matter what you buy, you get the 15%. I did this a week or so ago to get the Live subscription. It worked fine. Also note that there's no indication when your on walmart.com that it's working, but it is as long as you don't wait to long before completing your order (I think you have an hour, but don't quote me on that.)

There was a seller on Amazon yesterday with over 500 reviews and 100% rating selling 4000 points for $37 after shipping. I took the deal yesterday but don't know if it is still available. I have purchased the cards this way in the past without any problems via Amazon.

Also, Dr Pepper is having a contest for EA games and MS points

[quote name='TurboPascal']There was a seller on Amazon yesterday with over 500 reviews and 100% rating selling 4000 points for $37 after shipping. I took the deal yesterday but don't know if it is still available. I have purchased the cards this way in the past without any problems via Amazon.

Also, Dr Pepper is having a contest for EA games and MS points[/QUOTE]

link?

[quote name='pureheat101']amazon is selling 12-months for $35..
my subscription ends in the first week of march. bite or should i wait for a hopeful drop to $30?[/QUOTE]

buy from Walmart.com for $25.50 with BCB and free ship site-to-store.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']buy from Walmart.com for $25.50 with BCB and free ship site-to-store.[/QUOTE]

they raised the price back up to $40. and besides, I don't have readily access to walmart.

[quote name='Izod517']BCB on newegg is 1% right now! Making it.... $34.64![/QUOTE]

WooHoo now it is 2% Making it $34.29!

bread's done
Back