Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

• Please log in to reply
2825 replies to this topic

#241 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:53 AM

damn, well thanks for the response dude. does anyone know if i can just go grab a card off the shelve and go check out using my confirmation? i mean it just seems stupid to me that you have to wait for something they clearly have in stock.

Nope, its got to be stupid... I'm guessing Wal-Mart and Wal-Mart.com are ran in a manner similar to Best Buy and bestbuy.com... They are technically different entities. (example: I was in a best buy trying to return a bestbuy.com product, they shipped the same wrong item 2 times because the ISBN was inaccurate, and the local best buy wouldn't let me exchange the item for one in the store... It HAD to come from bb.com.)

Note: My example is year(s) old... Hopefully its changed but Wal-Mart has been late to online retail so I can honestly see them using the same old convoluted process.

#242 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:10 PM

My end date won't go past 1/28/2011 .

card.pngl1.gif

#243 TypeSH

TypeSH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:46 PM

4000 points is $44.54 at amazon ATM... walmart is exactly $1 less. $42 or cheaper again and i'm biting, missed the last one.

#244 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:50 AM

4000 points is $44.54 at amazon ATM... walmart is exactly $1 less. $42 or cheaper again and i'm biting, missed the last one.

Yeah, I only bought one when I should have gotten two... :cry:

Oh, and Wal-Mart's site to store is horrible... I still have a whole week to go before it gets to the store.

#245 gamerdogbert

gamerdogbert

Canine Potentate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:18 AM

Not a deal, but just FYI for all those of you who in the past have bitched about being required to buy MS points in increments of 500 when buying through the Dashboard, MS has changed their policy and from now on they are selling them in increments of 400 to USA XBL members. Of course, why would you pay face value for points when you're a CAG... ;)

#246 Apathetic-Irony

Apathetic-Irony

Seize the Carp!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:32 AM

Not a deal, but just FYI for all those of you who in the past have bitched about being required to buy MS points in increments of 500 when buying through the Dashboard, MS has changed their policy and from now on they are selling them in increments of 400 to USA XBL members. Of course, why would you pay face value for points when you're a CAG... ;)

This site has spoiled me. Unless something is an incredible deal, I only buy games as a B2G1 or B1G1 free deal. I've only bought two games so far this year because I know the end of the year has great holiday deals.

#247 huntzilla

huntzilla

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:25 PM

What about these people selling 10000 Ms points on eBay. Are they legit?

#248 danstabbingworth

danstabbingworth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:45 PM

What about these people selling 10000 Ms points on eBay. Are they legit?

No. At best, they're bought with stolen credit cards, and at worst, it's a scam. Probably the former.

#249 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:55 PM

No. At best, they're bought with stolen credit cards, and at worst, it's a scam. Probably the former.

Since 10,000 isn't a multiple of 1600 or 4000, I'd say it's the latter. Well, I wouldn't say scam, the code you get will probably work, but it's probably from a string generator.

#250 huntzilla

huntzilla

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:05 PM

Well say its either of those. Can you get banned for using them?

#251 danstabbingworth

danstabbingworth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:34 PM

Well say its either of those. Can you get banned for using them?

Srsly? You know it's either a scam or from stolen credit cards and you're still contemplating it?

#252 huntzilla

huntzilla

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:41 PM

You've never bought something from a pawn shop? I mean honestly a deal is a deal. Also, I don't definitively know that it's either of those. Some generous millionaire could be selling points to help low income people out. Instead of getting into a morality discussion, I'd simply like to know if you can get banned or into trouble from buying these.

#253 dmzauk

dmzauk

The Cat Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:46 PM

You've never bought something from a pawn shop? I mean honestly a deal is a deal. Also, I don't definitively know that it's either of those. Some generous millionaire could be selling points to help low income people out. Instead of getting into a morality discussion, I'd simply like to know if you can get banned or into trouble from buying these.

According to all the auctions for stuff like this I have seen they give you a silver account with the points loaded onto it and most say you have to use the points within 7 days. So, I guess they say 7 days so you can use the points before the account gets frozen or banned. Just my thought.

#254 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

According to all the auctions for stuff like this I have seen they give you a silver account with the points loaded onto it and most say you have to use the points within 7 days. So, I guess they say 7 days so you can use the points before the account gets frozen or banned. Just my thought.

If they give a time limit then it certainly gets banned. I don't know if it could get a console banned, but they definitely ban the gamertag with all the MSP on it.

#255 x_fiddle

x_fiddle

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

If they give a time limit then it certainly gets banned. I don't know if it could get a console banned, but they definitely ban the gamertag with all the MSP on it.

Yup which means that the content you could download before that gamertag gets banned will work on that specific xbox but you can never download it again, transfer it, or use it on ANY other system. If your HD or system ever fails or the content gets corrupt your essentially fucked.

I also believe deleting the banned account can cause problems with the content you downloaded before it got banned.

#256 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:12 PM

Some generous millionaire could be selling points to help low income people out.

Even if on the rare off chance some rich old dude was doing this, the point values still don't equate to typical MS currency. Then again, it appears there is a 2000 pt Zune card making 10k feasible.

#257 huntzilla

huntzilla

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

Yup which means that the content you could download before that gamertag gets banned will work on that specific xbox but you can never download it again, transfer it, or use it on ANY other system. If your HD or system ever fails or the content gets corrupt your essentially fucked.

I also believe deleting the banned account can cause problems with the content you downloaded before it got banned.

Couldn't you download it and then transfer it to your main gamertag which would allow you to transfer it to any console or HDD?

#258 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

Couldn't you download it and then transfer it to your main gamertag which would allow you to transfer it to any console or HDD?

No, DLC is tied to two things. It's console and the gamertag that downloads it.

Console = Anyone can use it while they are at that console

Gamertag = This gamertag, and this tag alone, can use it at any machine hooked up to XBL.

Now, one of those is transferable... (The console) but you need the gamertag to change this and if it gets banned then you're SOL.

#259 the4thnobleman

the4thnobleman

Helpdesk Wookiee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

Even if on the rare off chance some rich old dude was doing this, the point values still don't equate to typical MS currency. Then again, it appears there is a 2000 pt Zune card making 10k feasible.

Except isn't there a physical cap on points per 24 hr period? I thought I'd heard somewhere after 8000 points you have to wait to redeem more codes.....could be mistaken

#260 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:49 PM

Any deals on 12 month live subscriptions other than at amazon for 40?

#261 donbaloo

donbaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:07 PM

Any deals on 12 month live subscriptions other than at amazon for 40?

I've been on the hunt for the past week and a half and thus far that's the best deal I've found. I'm still holding out for for a better deal...

#262 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:32 PM

Except isn't there a physical cap on points per 24 hr period? I thought I'd heard somewhere after 8000 points you have to wait to redeem more codes.....could be mistaken

There used to be an overall cap of about 12k, but I think they did away with that. Personally, I had more than that in my account at one point.

#263 hottaterman

hottaterman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:42 PM

I remember when it was 30 dollars for about a 2 month span.... man, I'm still holding my breath it'll be that low again.

#264 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:54 PM

Apparently, this is advertised in next week's ad.

#265 sfvenn

sfvenn

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:44 PM

Also holding out for a better deal on the 12mo xbl sub. Mine ends 4/26...

#266 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:55 PM

I remember when it was 30 dollars for about a 2 month span.... man, I'm still holding my breath it'll be that low again.

And everyone was speculating that $30 would be the new price? Or XBox LIVE would turn free? Hah, some interesting theories arose from those sales.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#267 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:39 PM

NVM didnt see that the 2 year XBL thread was for Dell as well.

#268 Craptacular Bob

Craptacular Bob

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

$30 subscription cards at dell +$7 shipping. 2 cards for $60 gives you free shipping.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A2841849&cs=19&c=us&l=en&dgc&URL=http%3A%2F%2Faccessories.us.dell.com%2Fsna%2Fproductdetail.aspx%3Fsku%3DA2841849%26cs%3D19%26c%3Dus%26l%3Den%26dgc

#269 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:42 PM

$30 subscription cards at dell +$7 shipping. 2 cards for $60 gives you free shipping.

http://accessories.u...9&c=us&l=en

Very nice find.

#270 MrJones

MrJones

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:51 PM

http://accessories.u...9&c=us&l=en

Dell Deal's Dead, Dammit. :(

On another note, thanks to everyone helping out here - I've saved a ton and I keep a pretty constant eye on this thread. keep it up! :applause: