Deadly Creatures Wii - $9.99 YMMV

and I thought the re-surfacing of the BB YMMV thread was a good thing..

nice find OP, great game! (couldn't find a link or cached link for it though..)

This is a great game, luck to those who try to find it at Best Buy. I got lucky and was able to have someone hit a Fry's for me while they were on a business trip.

My Bestbuy (orange, calif) had them for $14.99..they had at least 5 of them so maybe they'll be discounted further soon :eek:

[quote name='formerroadie']There were come copies in the Best Buy bins in Fort Worth. I think they were $15, but not sure.[/QUOTE]

Same at my BB for months now.

I got the game in Bestbuy's bargain bin for 15 shortly after Christmas as well. As far as I saw it was the only copy. This was at the Sawgrass location in South Florida.

[quote name='riskzero']Just got back from BB in Saugus Massachusetts, I asked the cashier when it was marked down he said this morning. There was 2 copies left when I left.[/QUOTE]

Did the cashier have to adjust the price manually or did it scan for $9.99? Also, was this the "holiday dump bin" version with the sticker UPC over the normal UPC?

[quote name='Josef']Did the cashier have to adjust the price manually or did it scan for $9.99? Also, was this the "holiday dump bin" version with the sticker UPC over the normal UPC?[/QUOTE]

It rang up for the $9.99, it did have a price tag on it but it wasnt over anything it was on the top right sticking up for $9.99.

I looked threw the holiday dump bin as well but didnt really see anything that great, the only thing that sparked any intrest at all was Trauma Center:Second Opinion but for $19.99 not a deal at all.

Hope this helped!

[quote name='kiribee']My Bestbuy (orange, calif) had them for $14.99..they had at least 5 of them so maybe they'll be discounted further soon :eek:[/QUOTE]

The one on Tustin Ave? Was it in the bins or on the shelves?

Its pretty good actually. unique and a small story to go with it. It is not terribly long maybe 10-12 hours. The story is split into two main characters and you alternate so its hard to get bored.

More exploration, than fighter however... think Metroid.

This is the game starring the deadly Rose Hair Tarantula (aka Grammostola Rosea), right?

Those things will kill us all eventually, you know. Terrible, terrible beasts with a taste for human blood.

[quote name='kodave']The one on Tustin Ave? Was it in the bins or on the shelves?[/QUOTE]

Nope, it was the one on Chapman across from "the block of orange"
It's on the shelves in there 19.99 or less section.

I want this game, and have searched the local BBs near my house, but...*sigh* my local BBs don't even HAVE a bargain bin. And most of the games that have been marked down in other areas still remain full price at them. When I asked an employee at a local BB why that was, I was told because that store was in what was considered an "upscale area." /facepalm

Guess I'll keep looking for online sales and hope to get lucky.

I absolutely hate spiders...especially tarantulas...but think this game is great. Might have something to do w/ being in control of the tarantula. Other tarantulas I've dealt w/ never responded to my commands at all and kept coming closer, no matter how politely I asked them to oh god please stay away from me. Screaming didn't help, either. I have yet to run from the room or soil my armor while playing Deadly Creatures.

Just another voice adding that this is indeed a steal at $10. Quite unique, and I had a lot of fun with it.

[quote name='nexen']This is the game starring the deadly Rose Hair Tarantula (aka Grammostola Rosea), right?

Those things will kill us all eventually, you know. Terrible, terrible beasts with a taste for human blood.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eugaet']I absolutely hate spiders...especially tarantulas...but think this game is great. Might have something to do w/ being in control of the tarantula. Other tarantulas I've dealt w/ never responded to my commands at all and kept coming closer, no matter how politely I asked them to oh god please stay away from me. Screaming didn't help, either. I have yet to run from the room or soil my armor while playing Deadly Creatures.[/QUOTE]

^^WIN x2! :)

[quote name='Josef']Did the cashier have to adjust the price manually or did it scan for $9.99? Also, was this the "holiday dump bin" version with the sticker UPC over the normal UPC?[/QUOTE]

The Holiday dump bin upc still rings up at $15. I picked it up anyway. I've wanted to play it for awhile.

[quote name='Spacepest']I want this game, and have searched the local BBs near my house, but...*sigh* my local BBs don't even HAVE a bargain bin. And most of the games that have been marked down in other areas still remain full price at them. When I asked an employee at a local BB why that was, I was told because that store was in what was considered an "upscale area." /facepalm

Guess I'll keep looking for online sales and hope to get lucky.[/QUOTE]
I never noticed mine did, but it's a little half shelf on the aisle with the DS games, containing both Wii and DS games. Deadly Creatures was only marked at $15 with a half dozen copies, so I don't know that I'll jump on it yet. I do have a 10% off coupon that might be worthwhile used with gift cards and RZ certs, so we'll see how the timing works out.

This isn't happening here. I found only one copy at mine. The sign in the racks still said $19.99. But I figured it was worth a shot. I went to check out and it rang up $19.99. I told her nvm and went to leave, but she said she'd look it up online and they would PM it even though I knew they wouldn't find it. Sure enough, they couldn't find it online. :(((

[quote name='nexen']This is the game starring the deadly Rose Hair Tarantula (aka Grammostola Rosea), right?

Those things will kill us all eventually, you know. Terrible, terrible beasts with a taste for human blood.[/QUOTE]

Spiders are awesome creatures. I love them.

People need to be more concerned about disease carrying roaches.

bread's done
Back