Photo
- - - - -

Red Faction Guerrilla (PC) $5 - Direct2Drive Deal of the Week

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#61 weevles

weevles

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

Wow, if I didn't already have this on 360, I'd probably get it. I'm more invested in Steam now, but for $5...

#62 KSD123

KSD123

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:59 AM

Wow, if I didn't already have this on 360, I'd probably get it. I'm more invested in Steam now, but for $5...

same i want to but damn Steam >> D2D

#63 hgmk80

hgmk80

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:06 AM

got one and played few hours.. dame this game is amazing! thanx op!

#64 dboy81

dboy81

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:25 AM

Finally jumped in on the deal; had forgotten that I had $5 credit from the Christmas/End of Year promotions. Paid $0.25 through Paypal. Thanks, OP!

#65 sstcrush

sstcrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:22 AM

Damn...If this was 360 I'd Shit my pants

but i prefer console Gaming personally

Posted Image

Posted Image

#66 JohnDM

JohnDM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:12 AM

I bit before it gets too late. Honestly, the youtube video reminded me how awesome the game looked. From what I hear, play it on easy so you can get the most out of being a space asshole and destroying everything.

#67 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:54 PM

Just a warning... the PC version has quite a few issues. Many people experience crashing issues, frame rate issues (even on high end PCs), and it's got the speed-up issue that is also found in Saints Row 2 PC. As well as quite a few other problems.

With the speed-up issue, the game will basically runs about 1.5 times faster than it is supposed to. It seems to affect almost everyone on Windows 7, and a few people on other OSs.

I am on a pretty high end Windows 7 computer, and I experience all of the issues I mentioned. I regret getting the PC version of this game. Though, it's only $5, so you may be able to look past the problems.

They have promised a second patch, so hopefully it will fix a lot of the issues.

Has anyone who has played it experienced any of these problems, namely the frame rate ones?

Being able to register it to Impulse is a huge plus but I don't want to spend $5 on something that is a broken POS.

#68 X-GOUKI

X-GOUKI

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

Has anyone who has played it experienced any of these problems, namely the frame rate ones?

Being able to register it to Impulse is a huge plus but I don't want to spend $5 on something that is a broken POS.

yeah I got the framerate issues. its choppy when you destroy things.
So what I did was set it to the most basic graphic settings and it helped, but sometimes
it will freeze even though you are just walking around.
Now it maybe my PC ( amd X2 5200, 8800GTS, 2gb ram, xp pro) but then again I have no other issues w/other recent games.

hopefully there will be a new patch, because the game IS fun.

76561197964639401.png

xgouki.png

#69 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:31 PM

Damn...If this was 360 I'd Shit my pants

but i prefer console Gaming personally

I prefer console for local multiplayer... computer for online... and from my understanding this game only has online multiplayer on the 360?

#70 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:09 PM

Well I bought it, we'll see how this goes I guess.

#71 necrojustice

necrojustice

is fighting Tyson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:24 PM

Loved the game when it came out. I want to get it but can't justify it as I still have Dragon Age to go through.

#72 Cheadyp

Cheadyp

asdjfaskjdlfhajklsdfhjkla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

yeah I got the framerate issues. its choppy when you destroy things.
So what I did was set it to the most basic graphic settings and it helped, but sometimes
it will freeze even though you are just walking around.
Now it maybe my PC ( amd X2 5200, 8800GTS, 2gb ram, xp pro) but then again I have no other issues w/other recent games.

hopefully there will be a new patch, because the game IS fun.

A few things you could try that work for some people:

-Once the game starts, open up task manager and go to the Processes tab. Right click on rfg.exe and go to Set Priority, and change the priority from Above Normal to Normal. You will have to do this every time you run the game.

-Try playing in windowed mode
Posted Image

#73 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:44 PM

I prefer console for local multiplayer... computer for online... and from my understanding this game only has online multiplayer on the 360?

What? That can't be true can it? That would be a deal breaker for me.

#74 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:45 PM

I got this for $7.50 at Target and didn't have any notable frame rate problems, but there was such a terrible audio bug - environmental sounds are louder than everything else, drowning out dialog and being generally annoying - I quit playing it. Too bad.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#75 Cheadyp

Cheadyp

asdjfaskjdlfhajklsdfhjkla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:54 PM

This is not true. There is online multiplayer on the PC version.
Posted Image

#76 geomoose

geomoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:17 PM

I couldn't pass this one up. Downloading this sweet deal right now.
Posted Image

#77 Rollett

Rollett

For Love and Peace!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:36 PM

Picked it up my self... hopefully if i do have these problems listed they will patch it.

#78 Prix Dante

Prix Dante

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

Sweet! I beat it on the 360 and I'm willing to jump in again. Thanks OP.

#79 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:42 PM

This is not true. There is online multiplayer on the PC version.

Ah, I think my question was a bit unclear.

From what I read online it seems that on the 360 there is no local multiplayer (hooking up multiple controllers on one 360 to play with friends), only online multiplayer - can anyone with the 360 version confirm?

I usually go with the 360 version if I can do local multiplayer, PC if it is strictly 1 player on the 360.

#80 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:24 PM

Ah, I think my question was a bit unclear.

From what I read online it seems that on the 360 there is no local multiplayer (hooking up multiple controllers on one 360 to play with friends), only online multiplayer - can anyone with the 360 version confirm?

I usually go with the 360 version if I can do local multiplayer, PC if it is strictly 1 player on the 360.

Thats correct from what I remember , there was only some destruction mode where you passed the control to see who could do the most damage or something.

#81 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:03 AM

Just got it installed and was playing it for a bit. Pretty damn fun game. Was running the game in windowed mode cuz I heard it runs better, well anyway, butter smooth most of the time except when the physics and destruction get heavy but it's no big deal.

Had to manual patch it also, but so far it seems to be running pretty good.

#82 ramatut4001

ramatut4001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:12 AM

Great game. I just started it on the 360.

#83 Roswellkidd

Roswellkidd

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:17 AM

Well I got it and it sure is entertaining. The only problems ive seen is that online multiplayer looks completely empty even with the sale going on, and that the game seems really fast, fast enough that I think its a bug. Runs very nicely on my rig thats a little over a year old.

#84 Hao

Hao

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:18 PM

Is there a demo for this available anywhere? I did a quick Google search, but couldn't come up with anything.

I would love to pick this up for my laptop, but I know next to nothing about graphics cards, and how they compare to one another, so I'm not sure if it would run or not, even at the lowest settings.

I have a NVidia G 110M, if anyone could help me out here. It plays "Left 4 Dead" just fine on default settings, but that's the most recent thing I've played on this machine, so, I'm really not sure. Any help would be much appreciated.

#85 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:19 PM

It probably won't run, that's a very low end GPU.

#86 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:54 PM

Wow this game really shines on PC, I dont even have that nice a graphics card, but the explosions look phenomenal. At least wrecking mode runs great, hopefully the game runs smoothly.

#87 Hao

Hao

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:06 PM

It probably won't run, that's a very low end GPU.

Ah, fair enough. I thought as much.

Thanks for the reply, though. :D

#88 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:16 PM

Ah, fair enough. I thought as much.

Thanks for the reply, though. :D

http://cyri.systemre...lab.com/srtest/

#89 Hao

Hao

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:38 PM

http://cyri.systemre...lab.com/srtest/

Hahaha, while I appreciate your help (and I'll certainly use this in the future), this site doesn't seem to have Red Faction Guerrilla. Are there any games with more-or-less similar specs?

(Again, I apologize for my ignorance. I'm really new to PC gaming as a whole)

#90 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:53 PM

Hahaha, while I appreciate your help (and I'll certainly use this in the future), this site doesn't seem to have Red Faction Guerrilla. Are there any games with more-or-less similar specs?

(Again, I apologize for my ignorance. I'm really new to PC gaming as a whole)

oops sorry, I thought I had used that site to test my own pc, hmm.