Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

• Please log in to reply
5897 replies to this topic

#3421 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

The space a bed takes up can house a few shelves.

a true CAG!!!

#3422 slainviper

slainviper

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

Question here. I got two copies of Growlanser Generations, and each had disks with different art on them. The SLUS number on one is 20758A and the other is 20758B. Anyone know if that's because one is a first run copy, or did they make two different versions from the beginning?

#3423 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

Since this picture/post (several pages back) i've bought three, going on 4 slim towers (smaller footprint) to accomodate more discgears of my collection, i'll post a picture sometime. Atlantic now owns the discgear 80s line, but the only change is the logo on the item. But they don't scratch (DVDs & bluray) - after seeing firsthand of the scratching nature of binders i was looking for a alternative. I don't mind not having covers, the way that i see it, it's like having a (multiple) juxbox. :idea:

Wow, that is pretty sweet. I can't imagine how many shelves you would have needed without them :lol:

I still haven't decided what I want to do. It will probably be one of my goals for next year at this point.

#3424 Mirpkered

Mirpkered

Dyslexic GAC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

It's been a while since I've pictured my collection. But here is my collection about 4 years ago and I didn't have a PS3, 3DS, or WiiU yet. Here is my set:

I'm missing 30 or so N64 games and 60 or so NES games. CML if you have any you would like to get rid of :)

#3425 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

Was cleaning the closet to put Lego Town Hall and Monster Mansion in there. I'm so glad I haven't bought the Hobbit sets (and that they're all that interest me of sets announced for the future).

Sorry for the bad picture, but my closet isn't deep enough for a good shot.

Posted Image

#3426 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

Question here. I got two copies of Growlanser Generations, and each had disks with different art on them. The SLUS number on one is 20758A and the other is 20758B. Anyone know if that's because one is a first run copy, or did they make two different versions from the beginning?

WD had a habit of putting different disc art on many of their games... but as far as I know, WD's release of Generations didn't use different disc art. The only thing I can think of is that one copy is the standard release, and the other is a copy that was taken out of the Deluxe Edition.

It's been a while since I've pictured my collection. But here is my collection about 4 years ago and I didn't have a PS3, 3DS, or WiiU yet. Here is my set:

I'm missing 30 or so N64 games and 60 or so NES games. CML if you have any you would like to get rid of :)

Man, I love set ups like this. It really feels like a true gamer's room.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3427 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

That is my future. :D

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3428 slainviper

slainviper

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

WD had a habit of putting different disc art on many of their games... but as far as I know, WD's release of Generations didn't use different disc art. The only thing I can think of is that one copy is the standard release, and the other is a copy that was taken out of the Deluxe Edition.

Ah, that could be it. Thanks for the help.
Both of them came complete, and since the cover art for both is reversible it'll be nice to have a good reason to keep two to display each side of the cover.

Also, digging that Christmas tree.

#3429 bkruz11

bkruz11

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

Wow. Some very impressive collections going on here.

small.png

#3430 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

I think I'm about to sell off my PS1 collection :/

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#3431 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

I think I'm about to sell off my PS1 collection :/

unless you are going bankrupt why would you???

#3432 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

Was cleaning the closet to put Lego Town Hall and Monster Mansion in there. I'm so glad I haven't bought the Hobbit sets (and that they're all that interest me of sets announced for the future).

Sorry for the bad picture, but my closet isn't deep enough for a good shot.

Sweet! Don't think I've seen you in the Lego thread?

#3433 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

Sweet! Don't think I've seen you in the Lego thread?

You sure? =P

#3434 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

Ah, that could be it. Thanks for the help.
Both of them came complete, and since the cover art for both is reversible it'll be nice to have a good reason to keep two to display each side of the cover.

Also, digging that Christmas tree.

You know, your question actually made me dig my Deluxe Edition and also the extra regular edition I have in my trading bin, and I think I was wrong. It appears as though maybe there were two variations of the disc art. See these two auctions:
http://www.ebay.com/...=item4d069a379a
http://www.ebay.com/...=item257855a9d5

Both of my copies had the B discs.

EDIT* Also, didn't realize this game had a reversible cover.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#3435 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

You sure? =P

Ha, nevermind. I usually don't notice the avatars and just read the text :lol:

#3436 slainviper

slainviper

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

You know, your question actually made me dig my Deluxe Edition and also the extra regular edition I have in my trading bin, and I think I was wrong. It appears as though maybe there were two variations of the disc art. See these two auctions:
http://www.ebay.com/...=item4d069a379a
http://www.ebay.com/...=item257855a9d5

Both of my copies had the B discs.

EDIT* Also, didn't realize this game had a reversible cover.

Interesting, interesting. I guess I'm pretty lucky I got a copy of both disks.

Yeah, I wouldn't have realized the reversible art either if I weren't so picky about checking the condition of the cover art. A blessing in disguise, I suppose. Like I said before, it's definitely nice to have the different disks to go with the alternate cover.

#3437 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

Crap, where am I gonna put that damned game?!

Well, it's absolutely full now (as are the rest of the shelves not pictured here that have been packed for some time now). Time to clear off the shelves and get started (for reals).

Posted Image

It's gonna take me more than a couple of days to build it, folks. So I don't wanna hear about it on Thursday when it's not done (Squarehard and Vinny). Plus, I've got to move a stupid-ass lightswitch (it's behind Populous on the SNES and is a pain in the ass) and add a couple of outlets for the consoles on the shelves. I plan to have them hooked up where they sit, nowhere near the TV :)

#3438 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

It's gonna take me more than a couple of days to build it, folks. So I don't wanna hear about it on Thursday when it's not done (Squarehard and Vinny). Plus, I've got to move a stupid-ass lightswitch (it's behind Populous on the SNES and is a pain in the ass) and add a couple of outlets for the consoles on the shelves. I plan to have them hooked up where they sit, nowhere near the TV :)

Looks like I have more material for the next comic strip.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#3439 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

Looks like I have more material for the next comic strip.

Hue Hue hue. Bring it on!

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3440 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Man, I love set ups like this. It really feels like a true gamer's room.

I wouldn't call that a gamer in the slighest. That's a hardcore collector but far from a gamer. I'd imagine anyone who works 40 hours a week wouldn't have the time to play 1/4 of that. I have a tiny backlog and unemployed a extremely long time and I still have a bunch of sealed PS3 games. I'd bet if you asked if how X so game was half his responses will be he never played it. Or he booted it up to the title screen just so he could literally say he played it.

That collection is to the point that if you just keep adding to it all that will happen is you'll look at the item till you die or resell it. You'd have to retire in your 30's to actually play all that.

needler420.png

#3441 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

Awesome, I look forward to hearing about all of the appliances you fixed around the house when you should've been working on the shelves.

#3442 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

I hate you guys. Here, just to help my cause.

Temporary homes
Posted Image

Proof that at least I'm making a mess :P
Posted Image

#3443 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

Aww, you know you love us. And seriously, I'm looking forward to the new shelves. If they're even half as nice as your mods, I know they'll turn out great.

#3444 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

You know I love you guys :)

Thanks! Seeing how the old shelves were installed, I think it's gonna be a lot easier to make mine than I thought. I'll just make the entire thing out in the garage, and then move it downstairs in pieces. Hopefully I can reuse a lot of this material that I'm stripping out. We'll see...

#3445 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

It has begun...

finally...

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#3446 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

unless you are going bankrupt why would you???

Not any more. Money situation looks better then it did.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#3447 Napegator

Napegator

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

So I've been looking at all the collections and finally decided to share mine. All my dvd collection (behind blurays) is in order and some games in one of the closets, but I never got to sorting out all my other blus and games I have everywhere else. I was suppose to purchase shelves, but never got around to it. It's all one big mess that needs some 'fixin' :lol: :hot: --- In the first closet (everything out of order) the games & movies run three levels deep. The second closet starting with Seinfeld, the stuff only has 2 levels of games, blus, dvds.

Spoiler

Edited by Napegator, 05 December 2012 - 04:02 AM.

#3448 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

^^The pics are a little small and I can't click on them. ;)

#3449 Napegator

Napegator

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

^^The pics are a little small and I can't click on them. ;)

Yep, sorry I dont know what photobucket did, but I changed them

#3450 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

Man, that's a lot of sealed DVDs/BDs. I think this is the first time I've seen those sealed in any collection posted on CAG.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png