Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

• Please log in to reply
5822 replies to this topic

#3811 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

We haven't had any collection pics in this thread in what feels like forever and I reorganized and condensed my collection onto one shelf so I figured I'd takes some pics and keep us back on track. I'm still in highschool so cut my collection some slack and sell me your college text books on the cheap. ;)
Spoiler

Now please follow my example and post your cool collection pics

Edited by KtMack23, 27 January 2013 - 01:46 AM.

Man you people are cheap.

#3812 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Hey now, I just posted pics on the last page!

#3813 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Hey now, I just posted pics on the last page!

Your junk wall just wasn't doing it for me wiggy! ;)

#3814 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Everytime I see people post pics, I want to do the same. But.. I am...

1. Too lazy (or busy with kids) to clean up and make it look nice
3. Too lazy....

I don't want to get ridiculed like the guy with the nasty looking door handle did (though my house isn't nearly that dirty... just dirty from a 4 & 6 year old and me having to work 60 hr weeks..)

Hypothetically speaking though.. if I did take pics, how do you go about posting them in thread? Just link through a photo shack account or something?

Thanks for pics though.

#3815 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

I don't think they're in a gray area. Just like watching fansubbed anime that isn't licensed in your region isn't a gray area. Not that I personally care, I'm just saying.

5) Find out girl parties all the time, and you can't reach her ever since she took the book one time to study for a test.
6) Kill slowdive21.

this is a more accurate summary. never ever rely on others in college to do anything for you. also i just want to say i hate group projects with a passion.

You guys are doing it wrong. I had her read to me to study for our finals. (no joke) 8-)

#3816 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

Everytime I see people post pics, I want to do the same. But.. I am...

1. Too lazy (or busy with kids) to clean up and make it look nice
3. Too lazy....

I don't want to get ridiculed like the guy with the nasty looking door handle did (though my house isn't nearly that dirty... just dirty from a 4 & 6 year old and me having to work 60 hr weeks..)

Hypothetically speaking though.. if I did take pics, how do you go about posting them in thread? Just link through a photo shack account or something?

Thanks for pics though.

I use tinypic.com pic what you want to upload, resize for forum, let it upload, then copy the link it gives you for posting in a forum. Couldnt be simpler

#3817 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Alright, giving this a shot. Sorry if the pictures are enormous. I put them in Spoiler Tags so that it doesn't take over the whole page.

Entertainment Center with Consoles. It's kind of a mess with cables and dust, but someday I'll get it cleaned up and looking nice...
Spoiler

Stand next to Entertainment Center (Media Center, Gears 360, and other decorative stuff.
Spoiler

Close up of Statues and stuff (the green stuff in the jar is catnip... not the other stuff...before anyone says anything :lol:)
Spoiler

I will post collection pictures in the next post...Wanna see how these turn out first.

#3818 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

Collection Pictures:

PS3 games on Console Stand:
Spoiler

PS3 Games on Shelf (with some kids movies/anime stuff)
Spoiler

Xbox 360 Games
Spoiler

Xbox 360 Games + Wii + Wii U
Spoiler

Gamecube Games
Spoiler

PS2 Games
Spoiler

PS1 Games
Spoiler

3DS + PSP + a few handhelds
Spoiler

Xbox 1 Games
Spoiler

This doesn't include PS2 games I don't have cases for and all of my retro stuff (NES, SNES, Genesis, etc...)

Hope this satisfies peoples urge to look at others collections...

Again.. please disregard any messes or dust or etc... I work a ton and have two kids that keep me very busy. This makes me wonder where I even fit in time for games....

#3819 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

As of right now I'm not buying any books....but I might need to.

And you can't trust college girls. For being so smart they are at the same time dumb as hell.

EDIT:

Going to post my Xbox games soon....well what I have left....just to get some pics again...and sadly the same pics will probably go on craigslist/ebay.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#3820 Macheezmo

Macheezmo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

I keep thinking about taking pictures of my stuff, but I know that in a couple months one of my roommate's is moving out and my wife told me I could use the spare room as a gaming room, so I'm just kind of waiting on that. I currently have a lot of stuff boxed up in my closet that wouldn't end up in the pictures anyways.

Also Monoxide, it's killing me that your games aren't alphabetized.

#3821 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

I keep thinking about taking pictures of my stuff, but I know that in a couple months one of my roommate's is moving out and my wife told me I could use the spare room as a gaming room, so I'm just kind of waiting on that. I currently have a lot of stuff boxed up in my closet that wouldn't end up in the pictures anyways.

What messes with me is the fact that he keeps series in order (Fable, Gears, AC, etc.) but not the actual whole collection.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements

#3822 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

Your junk wall just wasn't doing it for me wiggy! ;)

One man's garbage...

#3823 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

Posted Image

All the sports games. I used to play Baseball/Basketball games religiously....

Posted Image

The regular games....A LOT of the ones I used to have were sold back in the day, and a few recently, so its not what it used to be....I actually have a third counter strike disc somewhere. Played that game so much I scratched up the discs. Somewhere I have the vanilla case with a REALLY destroyed game disc inside.

Posted Image

Case is lying around someone, I miss the first one :( which I sold....

I have two xbox. One is a normal xbox, the other is modded with a 250gb hdd and I love it <3.

EDIT: Not that it matters much but somehow forgot to snap Inside Pitch and Star Wars Jedi Academy.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements

#3824 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

That is not a good way to hold your disks yo

Man you people are cheap.

#3825 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

That is not a good way to hold your disks yo

Lol I was always a little careless with my Xbox discs because they were ripped to my hard drive. That's why I have multiple copies of game like Counter Strike and Halo 2 which I had to use the disc for.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements

#3826 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

What messes with me is the fact that he keeps series in order (Fable, Gears, AC, etc.) but not the actual whole collection.

I would love to have them alphabetized (and did before I had kids). But it seems everytime I do it, the next day I come home from work, my kiddos have "reorganized" them for me. I tried to fight it forever, but eventually gave up and comprimised to keep the series together at least.

Anyway, I'm fairly proud of what I've built so far.

#3827 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

I would love to have them alphabetized (and did before I had kids). But it seems everytime I do it, the next day I come home from work, my kiddos have "reorganized" them for me. I tried to fight it forever, but eventually gave up and comprimised to keep the series together at least.

Anyway, I'm fairly proud of what I've built so far.

Don't let the teasing bother you lol.....

My girlfriend has a son who has a PS3 and whenever I buy "him" a game I take it out of the case and give her the disc from a collection of empty cases I have lmao. I have like 10 PS3 cases/manuals just lying in the trunk of my car for safe keeping.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements

#3828 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

The teasing doesn't bother me. But I find it interesting how ocd I used to be before kids. After the demon spawn came to being, I turned into a pushover slob. Lol.

#3829 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

The teasing doesn't bother me. But I find it interesting how ocd I used to be before kids. After the demon spawn came to being, I turned into a pushover slob. Lol.

Kids ruin people's lives lmao.....boarding school!

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements

#3830 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

I'm on board with the gaming room idea. I'm hoping I can do one in a year or two once I'm able to afford a bigger house. That way I can show off a lot of the promotional stuff and posters I've collected. Like my gigantic RE5 poster, and my 10 foot tall 28 weeks later cardboard movie standee. For now they sit in storage in the basement along with my retro gear.

#3831 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

I guess I'll post pics of my stuff tonight. I got a new shelf around Christmas. It's purdy.

#3832 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

As of right now I'm not buying any books....but I might need to.

And you can't trust college girls. For being so smart they are at the same time dumb as hell.

EDIT:

Going to post my Xbox games soon....well what I have left....just to get some pics again...and sadly the same pics will probably go on craigslist/ebay.

they aren't all smart. but neither are the guys. though in general i've found girls are usually the dumber bunch we just don't say it to their faces because "hey you are an idiot lets have sex now" hasn't been a pick up line i've known to work.

You guys are doing it wrong. I had her read to me to study for our finals. (no joke) 8-)

no you simply found one of the 10 exceptions in that entire school.

#3833 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

We haven't had any collection pics in this thread in what feels like forever and I reorganized and condensed my collection onto one shelf so I figured I'd takes some pics and keep us back on track. I'm still in highschool so cut my collection some slack and sell me your college text books on the cheap. ;)

I like how you have things organized to fit anything and everything anywhere you can... it looks like a game of Tetris gone wrong!:lol:

It took me aback though thinking about what my collection was like back then. I found some pics in my Photobucket account. I think it was my first time posting pics of my collection... yours is way nicer than mine was. I believe this is in 2006, a year after I graduated high school.
http://i11.photobuck...eboltx/cv21.jpg
http://i11.photobuck...eboltx/cv26.jpg

Man, to think what happened since then...:-/

EDIT* Fuck, I should have worked harder towards more NES games. Those fuckers are so much more expensive now.

Alright, giving this a shot. Sorry if the pictures are enormous. I put them in Spoiler Tags so that it doesn't take over the whole page.

Just a tip, if you tie up all of those loose wires from your TV/entertainment center/consoles, it'll look a lot better. For some reason, one thick bundle of wires looks better than all the wires scattered everywhere. But you might not be able to do it if there's no slack to work with.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3834 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

its impossible to tie wires together. wires have their own mind and will in 2 seconds of being left alone tangle themselves. i give up on having untangled wires. even when i tie some together they manage to untie and bunch up.

#3835 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Can get something like this for wires:

http://www.amazon.co...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

#3836 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

On my wires, it seems like the minute I tie them, I have to untie them for some stupid reason. Also, they don't really bother me and I'm planning on eventually getting a small shelf to put on the entertainment center that will cover up the wires up to the tv. Eventually...

#3837 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

I've heard Atlantic shelves are gone down in quality so I look forward to hearing your impressions. Atlantic's shelves always had a solid reputation in the past but it seems like that's not the case anymore... especially because they use the same names but inferior quality material.

Well, I have it all filled up now and for the most part, I'm pleased. As far as I can tell, it seems pretty sturdy and the quality is similar to that of Sauder. I've never used an Atlantic shelving unit before, so I don't know if that's a downgrade or not. I can say, though, that I'm rather disappointed with how shallow the shelves are. They don't extend to be flush with the front of the unit, so everything hangs over the edge. And the entire unit itself is only just barely deep enough to fit a DVD. My games are probably going to get a lot more dust now, but at the same time, the space between each shelf will make them a lot easier to clean. Overall, I'm satisfied just because it's nice to look at a big tower full of games. All of my games, in fact. This is the first time I've ever had my whole collection in one spot.

I will be sure to post pictures later. I want to do it now, but I can barely keep my eyes open at the moment.

My system would probably bug a lot of people. Everything is in alphabetical order, but not 100%. For games that are in a series, I put them in chronological order...but only if they share the same series name. For example: the Ratchet & Clank games are together and in chronological order...but Secret Agent Clank is off with the other S games because it doesn't have "Ratchet & Clank" in the title. Also, I don't mix consoles, so the PS2 R&C games aren't with the PS3 R&C games.

And I have a slightly odd way of ordering the overall collection. Currently, they are grouped by platform in this order (left-to-right, top-to-bottom): Xbox 360, Xbox, Wii U, Wiii, Gamecube, PS3, PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, 3DS, DS, PSP, PC, N64, SNES, NES, Genesis, Atari 2600, GameBoy. And a few games are just sitting on top of others in random spots because I didn't like how they fit...

#3838 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Well, I have it all filled up now and for the most part, I'm pleased. As far as I can tell, it seems pretty sturdy and the quality is similar to that of Sauder. I've never used an Atlantic shelving unit before, so I don't know if that's a downgrade or not. I can say, though, that I'm rather disappointed with how shallow the shelves are. They don't extend to be flush with the front of the unit, so everything hangs over the edge. And the entire unit itself is only just barely deep enough to fit a DVD. My games are probably going to get a lot more dust now, but at the same time, the space between each shelf will make them a lot easier to clean. Overall, I'm satisfied just because it's nice to look at a big tower full of games. All of my games, in fact. This is the first time I've ever had my whole collection in one spot.

I will be sure to post pictures later. I want to do it now, but I can barely keep my eyes open at the moment.

Those are the same issues Squarehard noted. Atlantic shelves, at one time, were much better than most other brands of consumer level shelving but the fact that you say their quality is similar to Sauder basically confirms they've fallen off.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3839 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

My system would probably bug a lot of people. Everything is in alphabetical order, but not 100%. For games that are in a series, I put them in chronological order...but only if they share the same series name. For example: the Ratchet & Clank games are together and in chronological order...but Secret Agent Clank is off with the other S games because it doesn't have "Ratchet & Clank" in the title. Also, I don't mix consoles, so the PS2 R&C games aren't with the PS3 R&C games.

And I have a slightly odd way of ordering the overall collection. Currently, they are grouped by platform in this order (left-to-right, top-to-bottom): Xbox 360, Xbox, Wii U, Wiii, Gamecube, PS3, PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, 3DS, DS, PSP, PC, N64, SNES, NES, Genesis, Atari 2600, GameBoy. And a few games are just sitting on top of others in random spots because I didn't like how they fit...

I struggle with what to do about the game order...

Stuff like Call of Duty I can never decide, alphabetical order? Order by release date? Order by series (MW1-3, BO1-2) etc.?

Also stuff with "The" in the title....like are Oblivion/Skyrim in T together or separate in O/S? Thinking about it now I think it makes sense to put The games in T...lmao.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements

#3840 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Stuff like Call of Duty I can never decide, alphabetical order? Order by release date? Order by series (MW1-3, BO1-2) etc.?

In that case, my preference is to order by series.

Also stuff with "The" in the title....like are Oblivion/Skyrim in T together or separate in O/S? Thinking about it now I think it makes sense to put The games in T...lmao.

Standard practice is to alphabetize without the "The," such as
Darkness, The
Fallout 3
Last of Us, The
Lost
Saboteur, The
etc.

With Oblivion/Skyrim, the question is do you alphabetize by "Elder Scrolls" or the common name?

The beauty is that it's all your choice. It's your collection so you can do whatever works for you.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]