Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

• Please log in to reply
5944 replies to this topic

#3901 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

Binder makes my shelving gene cry :(

#3902 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

Well my collection is definitely not what it was but I still have a good bit of stuff. I for some reason got into collecting Blu-Rays and sold of some of my better games to fund that.

LG 42" 1080p TV/Samsung 7.1 Surround/PS3 Super Slim/Xbox 360 S/Sony BDP-S570/Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD Player

Also yes that is my Sega Saturn sitting out.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Blu-Ray Shelve. I also have my NES games on the bottom as well as my boxes that I still have for some of my Genesis games.
Posted Image

Current Gen/Saturn/Sega CD/Last Gen Leftovers
Posted Image

I unfortunately don't have any good storage space for my cartridge games so for now they sit in these drawers in one of my endtables.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Most of my retro stuff has come from yard sales and these are the many consoles I still have lying around. Hope to add to it this summer.
Posted Image

Finally whats a collection without a ridiculous amount of controllers. I have a lot of Sega Genesis controllers and doubt I will run out anytime soon.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3903 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

Hurrah for collection pics! Nice set up you got there too. Everything just seems to have a very rustic feeling to it partly because of how the room looks.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#3904 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

Blame the Carpet? :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3905 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:18 AM

Haha I figured I'd take over my parents basement while I went to college till I move out since they were getting sick of me being loud all night. Gotta love classic wood paneling. Looking at these pics also reminds me that I need to remember to dust.....
Posted Image

#3906 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

Thanks a bunch... I searched and they're all over Amazon as well.

I'll be searching for the same just a little deeper. Damn Gears 3 and Halo Reach statues are bulky.

Like Squarehard said, you can get them just about everywhere. I got mine from Walmart for $156. But you'll definitely want something different for collectibles. I'm pretty sure those two statues wouldn't fit properly. I didn't bother to test with my Gears 3 statue because I knew I wouldn't have room for anything besides games anyway.

#3907 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Need to find (i.e. make) a shelf for this guy :)

Posted Image

Off to shelf-making land with me...

#3908 spamfree2

spamfree2

cheap but tasteful ;P

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

^^^^^ That is awesome. Is that like a PSOne Screen that you modded into a nice mini-cabinet?

#3909 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Posted Image

That's pretty freaking sweet... more info on this?

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3910 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

:D what part?

Indianapolis!

#3911 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

^^^^^ That is awesome. Is that like a PSOne Screen that you modded into a nice mini-cabinet?

Thanks!

It's actually an Intec PS2 flip screen from way back when. I found it while cleaning my studio a couple of days ago (it must have been sitting in this shoe box for 10+ years) and literally dropped what I was doing and cranked this thing out. I dunno why, was just so amped! LOL! Been wanting to make something like this for a while, but didn't really wanna invest in parts. Had no excuse anymore ;)

http://www.ebay.com/...=item27cf1f8d50

That's pretty freaking sweet... more info on this?

Thanks man! Now I need to make my nest-to-the-TV console shelves that I've got on my list of to-dos. The wife won't like it on the coffee table for too long :P

So easy. Totally plug-n-play. I literally used the SNES composite cable to hook up the audio (and hard-wired S-vid in). It's just lopped up and zip-tied it down inside. I took some pics while making it. I posted a few in my mod thread and I'll post the rest soon.

http://www.cheapassg...=314401&page=20

#3912 OrangeArmy

OrangeArmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Wiggy, you're a genius. I've got to ask, have you ever built any fight sticks before?

dedgeme, nice collection! Would love to see closeups of some of your older sega collections sometime. I couldn't help but notice the lonely little TG16 pad nestled in with the Genesis controllers...this thread needed more TG16. Considering the riduculous collections a lot of us have, I'm surprised and sad to not see more.

To all the other people posting collections, especially the new guys and Zombie - awesome! I love looking at your stuff. This thread kicks so much ass...

#3913 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Wiggy, you're a genius. I've got to ask, have you ever built any fight sticks before?

dedgeme, nice collection! Would love to see closeups of some of your older sega collections sometime. I couldn't help but notice the lonely little TG16 pad nestled in with the Genesis controllers...this thread needed more TG16. Considering the riduculous collections a lot of us have, I'm surprised and sad to not see more.

To all the other people posting collections, especially the new guys and Zombie - awesome! I love looking at your stuff. This thread kicks so much ass...

I had a console too but unfortunately games were either too hard to come across or too expensive for me to really enjoy it so I sold it off and forgot I had a controller left over so there it sits. If I get around to it tonight I can give some close-ups of my Sega Games.
Posted Image

#3914 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

Alright, so I thought I'd go ahead and share some pictures of our redecoration process. This is going to be a big post, by the way. Just keep in mind that this is very much a work in progress, so the house is currently a huge mess and our walls are pretty bare. As of last week, here's what my gaming section and the surrounding area looked like (sorry about the blurriness):

I didn't comment on this before but nice collection. I really like the figure display, even though I'm not much on figures.

So easy. Totally plug-n-play. I literally used the SNES composite cable to hook up the audio (and hard-wired S-vid in). It's just lopped up and zip-tied it down inside. I took some pics while making it. I posted a few in my mod thread and I'll post the rest soon.

http://www.cheapassg...=314401&page=20

Easy for you... maybe. When I make money, I'm gonna have to order one of these from you... assuming you start selling them.;)

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#3915 cgxcswim

cgxcswim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

Indianapolis!

I'm in Greenwood.

Also I need to clean up my room and post some pics.

#3916 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

I haven't. Never been a fight stick guy, but I won't lie and say I haven't ever thought about it. Something about custom fight sticks is just so cooooool.

Easy for you... maybe. When I make money, I'm gonna have to order one of these from you... assuming you start selling them.;)

I think I just might. I have templates for the panels now and the rest isn't too bad at all. I was thinking I might do a group buy for a few. That way I could crank 'em out assembly line style ;)

@Zombie - So good to finally see your goodies!

@dodgeme - nice stuff! My house was like 90% covered in paneling when we moved in, including my current man cave/basement. I both love it for nostalgia's sake and hate it because, well, because it's wood paneling LOL! You ever plan on shelving the loose carts or are the drawers working out for ya?

#3917 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

I think I just might. I have templates for the panels now and the rest isn't too bad at all. I was thinking I might do a group buy for a few. That way I could crank 'em out assembly line style ;)

If I wanted one I even have the screen you can use for mine so cut down on parts cost! :D
Spoiler

And maybe you can even make a super tiny one with this screen, although I'm still rather attached to this controller since it's awesome, ~_~
Spoiler

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#3918 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

Maybe plan the units to be un-assembled too, like the cheapo shelves and bookcases we buy from Walmart and stuff, which would probably save on shipping? I'm sure most people can probably screw in a few screws if the holes are there... and maybe offer the option for pre-assembled units (additional fees and shipping costs will apply of course) for those who can't.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#3919 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

Spoiler

That's fantastic. I saw you talking about this in the other thread and I'm happy to see that it turned out so well. I wish I could be as crafty as you are. You and your shelves are partially responsible for inspiring me to undertake my current redecorating/remodeling plans.

In that case, keep your eyes peeled because there is more to come in the near future!

I didn't comment on this before but nice collection. I really like the figure display, even though I'm not much on figures.

Thanks! Action figures were my first real collection (I collected games at the time but did not yet think of it as a collection). I don't know when I first started buying them (probably when I was 5), but I became serious about it back in 1994 when McFarlane entered the scene. I already had a bunch of Ninja Turtles and whatnot, but when I saw that first Spawn line, I knew they were something special. Not long after the commercials started airing, I was lucky enough to find all of the figures sealed at a yard sale for about $12 total. When I was 10, my estranged father took me to K-Mart, Walmart, and KB Toys and bought me every Ninja Turtle they had...which was pretty much the best birthday ever.

McFarlane toys were definitely my most sought-after for years, though. I don't collect them anymore (aside from a few scarce ones I missed) because of what has happened with both the man and the company, but I've bought hundreds of their products over the years. I also made a lot of friends in the process, including his brother-in-law and a few employees of the company. It as a good run, but now I mostly just collect cheap abstract toys like Mighty Muggs, Mez-Itz, and Funkeys (basically an older version of Skylanders). Unfortunately, these things don't do well in the market so they don't really get produced anymore. But it's just as well because it saves me money...and although my toy collection easily surpasses my game collection, 98% is boxed up and stored away because I simply don't have room to display most of it now that I have a kid. Someday...

Well, that just sounds wrong. Ha ha. I actually showed off my collection once several months ago, but it wasn't nearly as noteworthy because everything was broken up and a lot of stuff was stuck in a drawer.

#3920 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

Man, McFarlane really did fall off :/

Were such cool toys, it's a shame :(

#3921 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

oh man dont get me started on my ninja turtle love back in the day. who knows how many i collected. who knows how many are still stashed away somewhere. they were by far my favorite cartoon as a child. to say i was OCD about them would be an understatement. my favorite comic was garfield i own all of them except the more recent ones in the past 5-6 years.

yes garfield and ninja turtles don't ask how that unholy union formed lol.

#3922 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

Man, McFarlane really did fall off :/

Were such cool toys, it's a shame :(

I loved the Spawn series of McFarlane toys. The music series was a good one since it has Jerry Garcia in the initial lineup. The detail on the figures is what I loved about McFarlane toys. Hell they even got Jerrys missing middle finger on right hand.

I haven't seen what McFarlane has done recently. I take it they make all kinds of figures and throw their name on it?

#3923 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

I haven't. Never been a fight stick guy, but I won't lie and say I haven't ever thought about it. Something about custom fight sticks is just so cooooool.

@dodgeme - nice stuff! My house was like 90% covered in paneling when we moved in, including my current man cave/basement. I both love it for nostalgia's sake and hate it because, well, because it's wood paneling LOL! You ever plan on shelving the loose carts or are the drawers working out for ya?

I'd like to but don't really have the space where I am now for another shelve. I may get rid of the one I have the Xbox/PS3 games on right now and get two more like my Blu-Ray shelves but that is for down the road. For now the drawers are working ok.
Posted Image

#3924 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

Thanks! Action figures were my first real collection (I collected games at the time but did not yet think of it as a collection). I don't know when I first started buying them (probably when I was 5), but I became serious about it back in 1994 when McFarlane entered the scene. I already had a bunch of Ninja Turtles and whatnot, but when I saw that first Spawn line, I knew they were something special. Not long after the commercials started airing, I was lucky enough to find all of the figures sealed at a yard sale for about $12 total. When I was 10, my estranged father took me to K-Mart, Walmart, and KB Toys and bought me every Ninja Turtle they had...which was pretty much the best birthday ever.

McFarlane toys were definitely my most sought-after for years, though. I don't collect them anymore (aside from a few scarce ones I missed) because of what has happened with both the man and the company, but I've bought hundreds of their products over the years. I also made a lot of friends in the process, including his brother-in-law and a few employees of the company. It as a good run, but now I mostly just collect cheap abstract toys like Mighty Muggs, Mez-Itz, and Funkeys (basically an older version of Skylanders). Unfortunately, these things don't do well in the market so they don't really get produced anymore. But it's just as well because it saves me money...and although my toy collection easily surpasses my game collection, 98% is boxed up and stored away because I simply don't have room to display most of it now that I have a kid. Someday...

I hear ya... I have 170-180 packaged TFs, mostly stuff from Robots in Disguise (the cartoon series, not from numerous RiD tags Hasbro plastered on pretty much everything) and Armada, in random boxes in my closet. Most of them aren't worth jack squat either... of course, the series after I quit collection ended up being rather valuable from what I've gathered.

I actually have a few that I have to find more room for and will probably end up sticking in the basement and hoping they don't get damaged due to condensation.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#3925 salishan

salishan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

I will post some pix soon. I feel bad because I love to browse and look at everyone else pix.

#3926 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

Zombie, judging by your pictures you may be the one to as about Pop vinyl figures. Do you know when their planned Mighty Morphin Power Ranger figures are supposed to be released? Iirc they were releasing a Red, White, and Pink ranger but I haven't seen the figures or heads much else about them.

#3927 TheMightySlinky

TheMightySlinky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

shelf broke today...almost all of my collection came crashing down.

#3928 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

Did everything survive?

#3929 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

Ouch. I'm really worried about the shelf my consoles are on doing that, it's bowing way past what's acceptable.

Posted Image

#3930 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Ouch. I'm really worried about the shelf my consoles are on doing that, it's bowing way past what's acceptable.

that would bother the hell outta me.
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!