Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

• Please log in to reply
5944 replies to this topic

#4351 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

I'd wear a watch, but each and every time I've ever owned one it's been lost to a sleepy head not taking it off before taking a shower

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#4352 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

I'd wear a watch, but each and every time I've ever owned one it's been lost to a sleepy head not taking it off before taking a shower

I wear a cheap Casio watch most of the time. I still need to go out and pick up my 4th band for it. I paid more for the wristbands on this thing than the watch itself. LOL

It's a great little watch, though. Waterproof, digital, and the battery lasts, what seems like, forever.

660090.png 660091.png

#4353 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

You would be surprised, I have a few watches but I don't wear them much since I'll bang it all over the place. They have become quite the accessory and have become part of mens fashion.

perhaps but they seem impractical if you have a cell phone. im sure i have a few watches ive gotten over the years but i never use them just more in that endless "useless presents ive gotten from family over the years" pile

#4354 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

who doesn't wear a watch? it's man jewelry and most every one in the office and people I meet on a professional basis wear a watch. It would be strange to see a man's naked wrists.

#4355 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

It's a great little watch, though. Waterproof, digital, and the battery lasts, what seems like, forever.

I got this little casio for something more retro/fun. sort of old school. don't have the heart to wear a calculator watch :)

Posted Image

#4356 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

Regarding DS collections, when did the value of Electroplankton tank? I see it everyone's collection and remember is used to fetch $80 on ebay a few years ago. Did I miss a reprint?

#4357 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

Regarding DS collections, when did the value of Electroplankton tank? I see it everyone's collection and remember is used to fetch $80 on ebay a few years ago. Did I miss a reprint?

I've also been wondering this. It's $10 at gamestop, when it used to be $60+ and impossible to find:roll:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#4358 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

who still uses watches? what are you 100??? lol

Dude, watches are super trendy right now (and have been for some time). Plus, as a designer, I tend towards that sort of jewel-like gadgetry ;)

#4359 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

I guess he just doesn't like watches or maybe he's just as exciting as this guy...
Spoiler

#4360 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

I guess he just doesn't like watches or maybe he's just as exciting as this guy...

Spoiler

oh Al, how I miss you and your flannel shirts:applause:

#4361 OrangeArmy

OrangeArmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

I've also been wondering this. It's $10 at gamestop, when it used to be $60+ and impossible to find:roll:

I think it might have something to do with the flood of Chinese Bootlegs that hit ebay a few years ago.

Prompted by the bad enonomy these last 5 years and the tanking price, more people sold their copies thus inflating supply and putting more downward pressure on the price. According to VGChrtz they only printed 10,000 copies for North America but that's a large number if only 9,000 people world wide care about owning a legit NTSC copy.

The game is not that great (in terms of replayability at least) so without the allure of being valuable, only collectors or hard core Smash Bros fans are going to care about owning it.

Honestly I have no Idea, but it's fun to speculate:)

#4362 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

who doesn't wear a watch? it's man jewelry and most every one in the office and people I meet on a professional basis wear a watch. It would be strange to see a man's naked wrists.

seems obsolete what with phones everywhere that tell time.

i do admit even when i was a child and people said wear a watch so you know what time it was i at best stuck in my pocket and used it for that purpose as i hated wearing them. but now days they just seem obsolete. i also never got into man jewelry or found it appealing.

#4363 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

If you're still wearing a watch it's not that much longer till you probably have to upgrade one to a bigger face. Same thing with your cell phone, you will need one with bigger buttons.

I wore a watch before cell phones. Now it's just a fashion statement. I don't wear any jewelry either. I think it's mainly middle aged men that still wear them.

needler420.png

#4364 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Man... this thread got derailed fast.

I think it's probably because the whole fad with "non-games" (Brain Age, Nintendogs) died and additionally, because Eletroplankton itself was not worth more than $5.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#4365 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Electroplankton is on my to buy list... but it isn't a high priority. I passed on one for $20.00 yesterday.

I'll be posting a new collection update soon, probably next week. Waiting on a few shipments first.
www.vg-force.com

#4366 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Man... this thread got derailed fast.

I think it's probably because the whole fad with "non-games" (Brain Age, Nintendogs) died and additionally, because Eletroplankton itself was not worth more than $5.

when does this thread not derail fast?

next thing you know well be talking about what watch to wear while building shelves....

#4367 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

when does this thread not derail fast?

next thing you know well be talking about what watch to wear while building shelves....

...in the shower...

#4368 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Anyone know a good site for printing ds covers? I have a ton for casing and the cover project has a very limited selection.
www.vg-force.com

#4369 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

two birds, one stone.
Spoiler

gwensigol8.png

#4370 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

I think it might have something to do with the flood of Chinese Bootlegs that hit ebay a few years ago.

That's my thought as well.
gwensigol8.png

#4371 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:13 AM

Anyone know a good site for printing ds covers? I have a ton for casing and the cover project has a very limited selection.

might try vgboxart.com, that's all I know. also, be sure to check the raw scans section of the cover project, they have some covers that aren't available in search

#4372 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:08 AM

for those who wanted to see my ds games...

What, no Monster Rancher? Shame on you. Shame...

#4373 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

What, no Monster Rancher? Shame on you. Shame...

i know im going to regret this but what terrible game is this???

...in the shower...

the way real men build shelves

#4374 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

I also noticed Tetris DS fell pretty drastically in value. Did it get a reprint, or is it the same deal with Eletroplankton?

Posted Image

#4375 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

I also noticed Tetris DS fell pretty drastically in value. Did it get a reprint, or is it the same deal with Eletroplankton?

Same deal.

The bootlegs during that time really drove the prices down on a lot of Nintendo published titles.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#4376 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

Same deal.

The bootlegs during that time really drove the prices down on a lot of Nintendo published titles.

Hmm..Well it really stinks for the owners of legitimate copies, but I'm glad I can get a real copy now for a reasonable price. Ive always wanted to try Electroplankton, but not for $80.

#4377 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Same deal.

sad it takes bootleg copies to bring prices down to reasonable.

#4378 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Hmm..Well it really stinks for the owners of legitimate copies, but I'm glad I can get a real copy now for a reasonable price. Ive always wanted to try Electroplankton, but not for $80.

likewise. I've passed on a lot of DS games because for whatever reason, more than $20 for a handheld game seems to much to me (except Professor Layton:bouncy:). Always wanted to get Tetris DS, thanks for the price heads up:)

#4379 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

Just a heads up to everyone looking to pick them up now too that there are still a ton of bootlegs floating around, so be very sure you know how to spot the difference between bootlegs and real when you are out there purchasing, or purchasing from someone online. Regular sellers without common knowledge may have purchased one themselves and are selling them online, so it's not just look out for the China sellers anymore. Just be aware. ;P

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#4380 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Just a heads up to everyone looking to pick them up now too that there are still a ton of bootlegs floating around, so be very sure you know how to spot the difference between bootlegs and real when you are out there purchasing, or purchasing from someone online. Regular sellers without common knowledge may have purchased one themselves and are selling them online, so it's not just look out for the China sellers anymore. Just be aware. ;P

well there is a copy of Tetris DS fulfilled by amazon for $12. Legit you think?