Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

• Please log in to reply
5843 replies to this topic

#4561 Mirpkered

Mirpkered

Dyslexic GAC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

I used to work at RadioShack so I got the LifeWise brand since I got a huge discount on items that were part of the RadioShack brand. Then when they went on clearance I bought another. They worked great.

#4562 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

I can't believe those SNES prices... Holy crap.

Anyway, how often do you guys clean the dust and how? (Can of air, feather duster, microfiber towel, etc.) It's a pain to have to take the games down to wipe them down every time. Not to mention the Lego models I have.

Old T-shirt dampened with some soapy water. I just wipe across an entire row at once. My shelves are really tight (from top of shelve to bottom), so stuff doesn't get dusty very often. Less room for it to sneak in ;)

#4563 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

my room has a REDICULOUS dust problem. I literally have to clean everything several times a day:cry: if anyone has a good cheap option, it would really help
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#4564 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

my room has a REDICULOUS dust problem. I literally have to clean everything several times a day:cry: if anyone has a good cheap option, it would really help

As long as you have lots of electronics in your room unfortunately dust will continue to build up fast. I clean every week because there's just so much dust build-up unfortunately. =\
Posted Image

#4565 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

Do you live in an apartment or a house? If you live in a house, make sure you're changing out the central air filters on a regular basis. They're cheap and they help keep the dust in the house under control. You can also buy nice reusable ones that you can just spray off with a hose outside when they need cleaning.

If you live in an apartment, especially an older one, it might not be that easy. My old apartment complex had been around for a long time and I once looked into the air ducts with a light and there were huge mounds of dust. It was awful. It looked like I was obviously the only person who ever lived there and knew about using air filters since there wasn't one when I moved in.

I couldn't afford to have a company come in and clean the ducts because it was pretty expensive, so I just had to do the best I could with a shop vac and a bunch of vacuum hose extensions hooked together. I think I filled it about four times by the time I was finished. Still had dust because I couldn't get it all, but I think it helped some.

At my current house, I dust every two weeks and it really doesn't build up that bad, I could probably push it to every three weeks if I wanted to. I change the air filters every other month, use Swiffers on electronics, and I get everything else with the the hose + brush attachment on the vacuum. The vacuum cleaner makes a huge difference because it's not just pushing the dust around. The only reason I use the Swiffers on electronics is because I don't want to create any static and ruin them.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#4566 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

Depends where in the world/country you live too, filter swap or no.

I dust MAYBE once a month in the winter, and about every 2-3 weeks in the (way too short) warm season.

Though I prolly should dust more often with my terrible allergies...

#4567 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

Well Wiggy, seeing all of your custom covers for so long has inspired me and I've decided to try my hand at making some for my Genesis games. Gonna pick up some UGC's down the road but I felt like messing around with photoshop tonight and tried my hand at this.

As epic as the original Musha art is, I just won a copy of the game cart only last night and figured that would be a good starting point. The one thing that always bugged me was the lack of uniformity in the Genesis covers with so many variants. I always was quite fond of the original black gridline design and decided to try and make a Musha cover on that.

It is not finished at the moment still gotta do the back but figured I'd give a quick look and see if anyone likes what I came up with so far.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4568 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

I do! :D

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4569 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:34 AM

Looks good to me!

#4570 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

Sorry for the pic quality it's from a (at least) 4y.o. cell phone
Posted Image

#4571 GameNChick

GameNChick

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4572 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

Well Wiggy, seeing all of your custom covers for so long has inspired me and I've decided to try my hand at making some for my Genesis games. Gonna pick up some UGC's down the road but I felt like messing around with photoshop tonight and tried my hand at this.

As epic as the original Musha art is, I just won a copy of the game cart only last night and figured that would be a good starting point. The one thing that always bugged me was the lack of uniformity in the Genesis covers with so many variants. I always was quite fond of the original black gridline design and decided to try and make a Musha cover on that.

It is not finished at the moment still gotta do the back but figured I'd give a quick look and see if anyone likes what I came up with so far.

Posted Image

Looks solid!

You should hop on over to the TCP forums ;)

#4573 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Sorry for the pic quality it's from a (at least) 4y.o. cell phone
Posted Image

Looks very nice. Those N64 carts look like they could fall with the slightest tap on that shelf though...

Posted Image

This picture needs a caption. Great collection.

PS - subwoofers belong on the floor.;)

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4574 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Posted Image
[/IMG]

now I'm just wondering what you had to censor out;)
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#4575 GameNChick

GameNChick

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

now I'm just wondering what you had to censor out;)

lol, its where I have family photos and graduation pictures and things of that nature

@Vinny: Thanks but they cant go on the floor, my little dogs would just pee on them xD

#4576 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

@Vinny: Thanks but they cant go on the floor, my little dogs would just pee on them xD

I would teach the dogs not to pee in the house, but that's just me. :-k
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#4577 GameNChick

GameNChick

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

I would teach the dogs not to pee in the house, but that's just me. :-k

They don't usually, as they have learned to use the doggy door but they have an attitude (Yorkie and little Daschund). Whenever I leave they get mad and pee on certain objects because its like they're mad I left(its like im not supposed to lol).

But when I'm actually here, they're good and use the doggy door and no pee anywhere lol

#4578 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

Decided to go ahead and finish it up. Heres the final product. I'm quite happy with it. If I have the time and make a few more I may start posting over on thecoverproject. I'll have to get my hands on some decent paper and start printing these off.

Posted Image

Thanks again for the inspiration Wiggy. Nice to finally put my photoshop skills from high school to use.
Posted Image

#4579 crpav

crpav

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

Recently moved into new house so took pictures of all my games and systems. I have 2 links. First is the original in order but are sideways for some reason. Second was fixed by someone but not in order. Not pictured is my Microsft X Box 360 racing wheel(like this one http://imageshack.us...00047c.jpg/sr=1).

#4580 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

Recently moved into new house so took pictures of all my games and systems. I have 2 links. First is the original in order but are sideways for some reason. Second was fixed by someone but not in order. Not pictured is my Microsft X Box 360 racing wheel(like this one http://imageshack.us...00047c.jpg/sr=1).

Very nice man.

I haven't seen any good boxed (actual boxes, not the generic ones) GB collections in ages... I know there were at least few people who had pretty decent sized boxed GB collections, but I can't remember who they were (Orange was one of them). I think up to ~200 GB/C/A I think...

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4581 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:02 AM

Gotta say this is rather fun. Most time consuming part is finding the logos/cutting the logos out/or vectorizing the logos. Felt like printing out two on what I had and they look so nice in a case. Pretty sure I am going to slowly box up my entire Genesis collection. I'll probably have to switch to UGC's though, for now I'm just using spare Genesis cases and I don't know if I can track down a bunch of them extremely cheap.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by dodgeme, 10 April 2013 - 02:30 AM.

Posted Image

#4582 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:30 AM

I'm tellin' ya, it can become an addiction REALLY quickly!

Looks great, can't wait to see more!

#4583 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

I'm tellin' ya, it can become an addiction REALLY quickly!

Looks great, can't wait to see more!

Oh it is very quickly. Working on one for Phelios right now. I'll be starting a thread on cover project once they approve my account. Just gotta buy some better paper and ink haha.
Posted Image

#4584 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:51 AM

Looks very nice. Those N64 carts look like they could fall with the slightest tap on that shelf though...

This picture needs a caption. Great collection.

Thank you, I scooted them back the picture was from a little while ago. Doesn't have the most recent addition Assassins creed statue and Marcus and Mr. Payne are next to the game systems.

The caption should be "Come at me Bro" (Sibling rivalry).

#4585 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:55 AM

I'm just going to guess you guys have seen the GBA art for DS cases?
Actually a whole thread http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=29544
Direct link to gba http://www.thecoverp...w.php?cat_id=13
There was a better website I'm searching for..
Ah here we go kick ass site for GBA covers http://www.cdcovers.cc/covers
Just enter your wanted media and search

#4586 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:03 AM

Hah. Wiggy's on Kotaku.

#4587 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

Woo-hoo! I hadn't even seen that yet! Thanks :)

#4588 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

It's okay, I'll have my time on Kotaku soon when my anime collection crushes me to death during the next earthquake.

Really though, congratz wiggy, but now everyone will know your name is Matthew. ;D
Posted Image

#4589 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:14 AM

Matthew Wiggins. Nice ring to it. :lol:

Congrats Wiggy! Yay for publicity.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler