Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

• Please log in to reply
5967 replies to this topic

#961 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:40 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else look at some of these and say "I would rather have the cash"?

To each his own, but, any guesses on the amount of cash pulled from Squarehards collection? And yes I realize not everyone needs the cash and they are free to spend it how they please.

#962 unc13 buck

unc13 buck

MainelyCAGGIN'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:24 AM

Is it just me or does anyone else look at some of these and say "I would rather have the cash"?

To each his own, but, any guesses on the amount of cash pulled from Squarehards collection? And yes I realize not everyone needs the cash and they are free to spend it how they please.

You're on CAG...everyone has a backlog and people hardly trade stuff in, do that math.

#963 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:33 AM

*raises hand* I'm not a fan of collecting games I don't play anymore since they just sit there losing value, for the most part, but I can see why some people do buy them and hold onto them. I'm not one to judge.

#964 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:42 AM

most part, but i can see why some people do buy them and hold onto them. I'm not one to judge.

+1
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#965 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:54 AM

*raises hand* I'm not a fan of collecting games I don't play anymore since they just sit there losing value, for the most part, but I can see why some people do buy them and hold onto them. I'm not one to judge.

You can lose value just as easily in the stock market. Let's put it this way, my peers mostly started investing in 2005-2007.

P.S. I'm not saying invest in video games, obviously, but I'd hardly say video games are the worst place to put your money.

elessar123.png

#966 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:48 AM

Personally I don't buy games as an investment, It's a hobby for me and that is all. As someone had mentioned there is the stock market to invest in or 401k for the future. I don't like trading in games because I feel the TIV are such a rip off, sure you can flip certain games for a few bucks but to me that is not worth the time or the hassle.

EDIT: Nice pictures Squarehard, you recommend any good DS import games that I can play with out having the need to read?

#967 StripesOrBars

StripesOrBars

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:50 AM

lol @ losing value.

maybe if youre retarded and pay $60 for every game you buy.

i mean that in the nicest way possible.

id say 75% of the games i own have increased in value since i bought them(or are worth more now than than what I payed for them then).

the only ones i can say otherwise on are current gen titles. call of duty's and LEs are usually my retard buys(basically, games i buy to play, not look at).

Posted ImagePosted Image

#968 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:49 AM

EDIT: Nice pictures Squarehard, you recommend any good DS import games that I can play with out having the need to read?

Well, the generic ones that most people get that don't need translations are Ouendan games, Jump games, Daigasso, Egg Monster Hero, there's some Gundam games that don't require much reading, and last one I'd suggest is probably Nodame Cantabile.

You may notice most of these are rhythm type games, but those are pretty much going to be the most universal without needing to read.

I think for the most part, lots of Import games are actually fairly easy to pick up due to the way DS games are made, which always has extensive tutorials where you practice and repeat, so you pick it up eventually.

#969 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:00 AM

why do you Fuck it up with those ugly ass(although you only have like 5 or 6 from what i can see) players choice/great hits boxes?

I leave them there as a reminder I need to replace them.

I hate those ugly things, and thankfully I have very few of them, but if I set them aside, I will just forget I still own them, which would work too, but I rather try to replace them until all those ugly bastards are gone. :D

#970 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:03 AM

Well I finally got around to cleaning my house to the point where it doesnt embarrass me lol, this is where I do most of my gaming/sleeping. It is a fairly nice room :D

Posted Image

#971 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:10 AM

Well I finally got around to cleaning my house to the point where it doesnt embarrass me lol, this is where I do most of my gaming/sleeping. It is a fairly nice room :D

Posted Image

That looks pretty comfy.

Could you make me one of those?

#972 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:21 AM

That looks pretty comfy.

Could you make me one of those?

Oh it is definitely comfy, the price is about $350 to build this remarkable piece of artwork. So how bout it ?

#973 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:45 AM

Can't wait 'til Tuesday to post my unboxing video of the Dead Space 2 CE and LE guide in here!!!!!!!!!!!!! The excitement is almost killing me!
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#974 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:00 AM

Oh it is definitely comfy, the price is about $350 to build this remarkable piece of artwork. So how bout it ?

Hell, I'll make you one for free squarehard. Will you supply the sledge hammer, or do I have to bring my own? :)

#975 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:06 AM

I'll take 5.

Hell, I'll make you one for free squarehand. Will you supply the sledge hammer, or do I have to bring my own? :)

Hey wait, this guy is giving it away for free.

I'll go with him!

And I'll supply all the demolition tools here. :D

#976 StripesOrBars

StripesOrBars

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:09 PM

lol, even the fridge is tipped over into that pile.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#977 Edwin29

Edwin29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:52 PM

In my honest opinion, to me collecting video games is one of the cheapest "real hobbies" a man can do, damn I know people that spend thousands of dollars into their cars, and I'm not talking rich people, these are guys that have a 40 hour a week job just like any average guy. Heck you can build a nice video game collection with 2 or 3 grands. That's the way I think.

#978 StripesOrBars

StripesOrBars

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:58 PM

edwin.

please post a shot of your collection.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#979 Edwin29

Edwin29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:23 AM

I have half of my collection in boxes, but I'll take a few pics this week to post them here. I'm trying to move to a bigger house this year, so I can have everything in shelves.

#980 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:38 AM

^^^I have the same problem. I bought 2 of the best buy 1080 shelves (I think I need 3, but I do not have room to put them up yet.

#981 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:46 AM

^^^I have the same problem. I bought 2 of the best buy 1080 shelves (I think I need 3, but I do not have room to put them up yet.

I can't even fit 2.

I has a sad.

#982 Edwin29

Edwin29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:29 AM

Haha we all spend hundreds of dollars in games and blu-rays and we don't even have the freaking space to put them in order.

#983 VideoGamesIzFun

VideoGamesIzFun

Legalize it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:43 AM

Finally bought a rack for my :360: games, Probably got like 10 more disc only
Posted Image

#984 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:12 PM

Haha we all spend hundreds of dollars in games and blu-rays and we don't even have the freaking space to put them in order.

thats because most of the good big holders are expensive and we are cheap, which is why we have so much media. its a catch 22.
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#985 creech42

creech42

Bad Enough Dude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:28 PM

thats because most of the good big holders are expensive and we are cheap, which is why we have so much media. its a catch 22.

Truth. I can't even find any of the shelving. My BB is too small and doesn't carry any shelving.
My trading list
My Collection

#986 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

Finally bought a rack for my :360: games, Probably got like 10 more disc only
Posted Image

I have actually always contemplated on getting those from Best Buy, but with nothing in them, they looked so ugly, so I wasn't sure if it would translate once it's all filled up, but they actually look a lot better than I thought they would.

How balanced is the tower with everything in it?

#987 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:59 PM

I can't even take a picture of my set up with the cheapy Kmart camera I've got. Games and media aren't even the real issue; okay I've got two bookshelves in the corner of an eight by eleven room. Between those two bookshelves I've got a wooden pole slung across to serve as a clothes rack (this is all because my closet is a half-closet and is pretty much nonfunctional for clothes.)

Okay. Since I needed to free up more floor space (in a feverish claustrophobic fit of madness) I decided to raise the clothes rack by putting two milkcrates on top of the bookshelves, removed the tupperware container off a storage crate, and this gave me enough space to slide my computer desk under the clothes rack, in-between the two bookshelves.

I then christened my configuration MEGIDDO STORAGIO
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#988 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:14 PM

I have actually always contemplated on getting those from Best Buy, but with nothing in them, they looked so ugly, so I wasn't sure if it would translate once it's all filled up, but they actually look a lot better than I thought they would.

How balanced is the tower with everything in it?

Wheels are rad (if those are wheels).
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#989 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

I fantasize about going into people's houses who have all this clutter and selling it all on eBay. :drool:

EDIT: Before people jump all over me - collect all you want. I find it fascinating but definitely not for me. It would make me mental having all of those games to the point that it would paralyze me from actually enjoying any of them because I'd always be wishing I was playing something else... some of you guys have some pretty sick collections though.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#990 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

I fantasize about going into people's houses who have all this clutter and selling it all on eBay. :drool:

My house looks like a warehouse. My friends say I will be on "hoarders" soon. I really need to get rid of a lot of my stuff. I will be cleaning today, so I may get up some pics of my "Atari Keepers", but I am not making any promises.

If you guys watch the yard sale thread, I post what I find each week in the summer.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=283481