Photo
- - - - -

Toys R Us (TRU) Clearance Thread II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1085 replies to this topic

#1051 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:26 PM

As of now, all four copies of Uncharted(GH) that I picked up yesterday are spoken for. If I find any more today I'll let you guys know.

If not for picking up that ESA pack today I would have no copy of Uncharted for myself.:cry::-# But it's good to get these games into the hands of people who want them.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1052 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:41 PM

Can anybody else confirm the gift card with the World Tour bundle it was it a YMMV type of thing? Just curious because I haven't seen much about it other then what I said.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#1053 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:43 PM

Uncharted Drakes Fortune is going to be $14.99 at TRU on Black Friday as a door buster. So they are raising the price from $6 for their Black Friday "Sale"?

#1054 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:47 PM

Uncharted Drakes Fortune is going to be $14.99 at TRU on Black Friday as a door buster. So they are raising the price from $6 for their Black Friday "Sale"?

:rofl: I guess so. Luckily many of us CAG's know better than to buy shit on BF unless it's JUST the stuff they're losing money on.

Posted Image

#1055 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:02 PM

Can anybody else confirm the gift card with the World Tour bundle it was it a YMMV type of thing? Just curious because I haven't seen much about it other then what I said.

I'd like to know as well but if it helps, I'm going into TRU tonight to pick up Black Ops and hopefully the Guitar Hero bundle if it is priced at 40$. I'll post here and let you know if you get a gift card with it.

#1056 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:57 PM

I'd like to know as well but if it helps, I'm going into TRU tonight to pick up Black Ops and hopefully the Guitar Hero bundle if it is priced at 40$. I'll post here and let you know if you get a gift card with it.

Yeah just curious, I'd like to know if my store just screwed up or what. When I scanned it myself it rang up as 39.xx on sale for 19.xx. Wouldn't ring up for that at the register but she said she'd have to give me that price since that's what the scanner said.

She put the sale through and at the end before she adjusted the price it popped up that it was saying 19.xx because it's 39.xx with a $20gc.

233526.png

#1057 reemer99

reemer99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:03 PM

Appleton WI has Uncharted for $6

#1058 kvntwvlf

kvntwvlf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:28 PM

Yeah just curious, I'd like to know if my store just screwed up or what. When I scanned it myself it rang up as 39.xx on sale for 19.xx. Wouldn't ring up for that at the register but she said she'd have to give me that price since that's what the scanner said.

She put the sale through and at the end before she adjusted the price it popped up that it was saying 19.xx because it's 39.xx with a $20gc.

Same thing happened to me man, I was thinking it was a mistake as well. Guess not!

Edit: I had to pay $39.99, but they gave me a $20 gc

#1059 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:44 PM

oh shit. better get uncharted while im there today!
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#1060 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:47 PM

Same thing happened to me man, I was thinking it was a mistake as well. Guess not!

Edit: I had to pay $39.99, but they gave me a $20 gc

Huh that's odd then, cool but odd. I don't know if it's JUST a promo for GH:WT to clear out the stock or what. If so they should probably put up some signs. At mine the bundle was still marked at $80 and no signs about gc's.

Loving the guitar so far. Took a few songs to get used to the bigger strum bag and lager guitar but waaaaaaaaaay more sturdy then the GH III Les Paul.

233526.png

#1061 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:02 PM

Picked up a copy of Uncharted 1 for $6 (last copy). Have already beaten the game and traded it on Goozex for 1000 pts years ago, but it didn't have trophy support then, so for $6 I'll pick up a classic and get some trophies too.

#1062 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

The reason the gh bundle qualifies for the gc is because it was $79.98 on Sunday when the deal started so it is in the system as an $59.99 game so even though it is now $39.98 the system still gives the gc.

#1063 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

Huh that's odd then, cool but odd. I don't know if it's JUST a promo for GH:WT to clear out the stock or what. If so they should probably put up some signs. At mine the bundle was still marked at $80 and no signs about gc's.

Loving the guitar so far. Took a few songs to get used to the bigger strum bag and lager guitar but waaaaaaaaaay more sturdy then the GH III Les Paul.

To be honest, I'm worried that if they do that I won't be there in time to get one haha. It's funny but everyone seems to be saying it's market at 80$ but it's really 40. If that's the case than only us CAGs know about this.

I know for a fact they're giving me a 20$ gift card with Black Ops tonight since it's within the time frame of the sale. But do you get a 20$ gift card with this or a 10$ one? I'm not sure what the promotion is on that. And I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let you use the gift card on your purchase, you're probably stuck buying something else with that.

#1064 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:12 PM

The reason the gh bundle qualifies for the gc is because it was $79.98 on Sunday when the deal started so it is in the system as an $59.99 game so even though it is now $39.98 the system still gives the gc.

But isn't it a $10 gc for one game $59.99 or more and a $20 for two?...

233526.png

#1065 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:14 PM

But isn't it a $10 gc for one game $59.99 or more and a $20 for two?...

It's 20$ for a 60$ game and 50$ for buying 2 games. I guess I see what the other poster is saying now, since this item was originally marked at 80$ they still give you the 20$ gift card even though you're paying half price.

Question: Does TRU let you use the 20$ gift card on your purchase as you're making it? I haven't shopped there lately so I don't know.. I remember when I was working at Target they would hand you the gift card after you paid, so you couldn't use it on your purchase but if you can for this, it would help me out a lot. Just wondering..

#1066 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:23 PM

It's 20$ for a 60$ game and 50$ for buying 2 games. I guess I see what the other poster is saying now, since this item was originally marked at 80$ they still give you the 20$ gift card even though you're paying half price.

Question: Does TRU let you use the 20$ gift card on your purchase as you're making it? I haven't shopped there lately so I don't know.. I remember when I was working at Target they would hand you the gift card after you paid, so you couldn't use it on your purchase but if you can for this, it would help me out a lot. Just wondering..

Uh, no. I am not aware of a single store that would let you use a gift card you are getting for buying something on the item you are buying to get the gift card. Otherwise, they wouldn't bother with a gift card and it would just be an instant rebate.

#1067 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:25 PM

Uh, no. I am not aware of a single store that would let you use a gift card you are getting for buying something on the item you are buying to get the gift card. Otherwise, they wouldn't bother with a gift card and it would just be an instant rebate.

Actually the lady even told me it didn't activate until the NEXT day. So it wasn't even like you could buy something else right then with it.

233526.png

#1068 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:31 PM

Actually the lady even told me it didn't activate until the NEXT day. So it wasn't even like you could buy something else right then with it.

Really? That could be bad.. I planned on using my 20$ gc from Black Ops on the GH purchase. I don't mind having to pay the remainder but I don't see why I couldn't use a gift card on a different purchase.

#1069 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:35 PM

Really? That could be bad.. I planned on using my 20$ gc from Black Ops on the GH purchase. I don't mind having to pay the remainder but I don't see why I couldn't use a gift card on a different purchase.

Hey who knows, employees have been known to stay stupid stuff before so...

She definitely said I wouldn't be able to use it until about 9am the next day though.

233526.png

#1070 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:37 PM

Hey who knows, employees have been known to stay stupid stuff before so...

She definitely said I wouldn't be able to use it until about 9am the next day though.

Hmm.. I hope that's not the case haha. 40$ is a very good price for GHWT but after spending 60$ on Black Ops I don't really want to put down another 40$ on the same day. 20$ sounds reasonable. I'll see though..

#1071 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

Anyone try or think this would work?

2x GH Tour bundles for 79.98 + 10 off 75 coupon (toy book) and get 50 + 10 GC?

Kay/Prim, thoughts?

Have 3 demo SSB codes for trade. Already have last 6 Club Nintendo Wii U eshop games from Club Nintendo. Will take any Wii U eshop game codes I don't already have or Non CN 3DS eshop code.

Check My Trade List
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=276079

#1072 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:52 PM

I scored two copies of Uncharted and there are two left at the Sawmill Rd. location in Dublin, OH.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1073 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

To clear up the gift card confusion, the gc will activate 6 hrs after purchase. So no, it cannot be used on that purchase or a few minutes later. Six hours.

And FoS, thanks for thinking of me, but I don't think I can do a good enough job. I like to contribute when I can, but I am not qualified to run to whole thing. You did a great job though, and I thank you. I found out about more deals from this thread than I did by working there.

For some reason they like to put me on ticket now & I'm never in r-zone anymore.

#1074 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:01 PM

I found(and bought) FIVE more copies of Uncharted today. All but one are sealed perfectly, while one has a few tears in the plastic.

So far 2 copies are spoken for from the last lot, but if any of you want a copy for $10 shipped I have another five available now. So if seven more of ya's want a copy of the game, let me know. But I don't take Paypal, only USPS MO's and cash. :razz:

Posted Image

#1075 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:18 PM

Picked up 2 copies of Uncharted today. $6 is off the hook for that game... I think the guy ringing me up was surprised, too. No GHWT bundle, though, which is probably good, since it would have sat right next to my unopened (still) RB:Beatles LE bundle...

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Forza 5

WANTED: :xb1: Madden 15 MUT pack codes! PM with offers!

#1076 dabamus

dabamus

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

I found(and bought) FIVE more copies of Uncharted today. All but one are sealed perfectly, while one has a few tears in the plastic.

So far 2 copies are spoken for from the last lot, but if any of you want a copy for $10 shipped I have another five available now. So if seven more of ya's want a copy of the game, let me know. But I don't take Paypal, only USPS MO's and cash. :razz:

I think we have discovered a form of the beast known as... El Hoardo!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#1077 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:29 PM

I think we have discovered a form of the beast known as... El Hoardo!

El Hoardo wouldn't offer the games to fellow CAG'ers at $10 shipped... He'd offer it for $25 shipped, in order to give us a few bucks off MSRP... And then he'd be offended because no one wanted it for that...

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Forza 5

WANTED: :xb1: Madden 15 MUT pack codes! PM with offers!

#1078 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:43 PM

woo hoo! got one last copy. employee bought the second to last copy.

got the GH version though :/
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#1079 guyinga

guyinga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:11 PM

Picked up today :360: Condemned 2: Bloodshot for $9.98, :ps3: Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway for $9.98 and :ps3: Far Cry 2 for $9.98.

84668.png

POEman553.png

#1080 Mance227

Mance227

Homemade ice cream sandwiches with bread tastes horrible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:13 PM

I tried this at TRU where I live and they told me when they scan it there is no gift card that comes with it. Do you know where I can find anything showing that it was 79.98 on the Sunday they started this deal?