Starcraft Battle Chest (PC) $9.77 DotD & Blizzard Gold Box Today at Amazon

If you don't have SC2 beta, this is the best way to get accustomed to Starcraft gameplay before the sequel hits. Assuming you want to be competitive =D

Awesome deal!!! Anyone that has never played this game/series...and has the smallest iota of interest in RTS games should buy this without hesitating!

Thanks for posting Earv!!! :)

It looks like the entire day is going to be full of computer stuffs as well. Might just be a full Blizzard day though, unsure. A few of the Lightning deals look warcraft related.

The tip for the gold box was

"Prepare now for the cataclysm to come."

Since the gold box is mostly pc games oriented today it might lead to this being some kind of deal on a pre-order for the upcoming WoW expansion.

Deal will be up at 7am pacific/10am eastern. Expect it to go fast if it is the expansion.

Keep in mind this does not go past 800x600 resolution. I found it unplayable when I tried picking it up last year, and I was an avid SC player back when Brood Wars came out.

Seems like all the deals today are Blizzard related with perhaps the exception of the accessories.

Seems rather odd that they'd put a preorder for a game with no release date on sale. I'd guess it's more likely to be WotLK given the rather obvious entries for vanilla WoW and TBC later in the day.

I don't expect it to be the expansion, just the current Battle Chest. Then again, I guess that wouldn't necessarily make sense. Hrm.

Have they EVER had a gold box be a pre-order? More importantly, who avidly plays this wouldn't go to a midnight release so they could play as fast as humanly possible? :p

It's not just PC oriented, but Blizzard oriented as well. Just about everything there is a degree or two away from a Blizz game. Question is - have they ever done lightning deals on a preorder before?

Methinks it's either a prank, or not really the expansion. We'll see soon enough either way.

[quote name='Magus8472']Seems rather odd that they'd put a preorder for a game with no release date on sale. I'd guess it's more likely to be WotLK given the rather obvious entries for vanilla WoW and TBC later in the day.[/QUOTE]

It could be, but I thought maybe by it saying prepare it meant pre-order? Not sure, doesn't hurt to let people know that its a possibility.

[quote name='mitnosi']It could be, but I thought maybe by it saying prepare it meant pre-order? Not sure, doesn't hurt to let people know that its a possibility.[/QUOTE]

Could be. I for one would be glad if you were right. :)

Actually it also could be Lich King expansion. They already have the burning legion and regular game in the sale, but not one that hints at the lich king expansion. Prepare could also mean get in and get this stuff done and be ready for the expansion when it comes.

Well... given you sorta need WoW to play Catalysm, I'd guess that the message is referring to buying WoW, Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, or the battle chest as someone has stated.

Only buying and playing the games now will be you have a high level character prepared for the cataclysm to come.

[quote name='Salamando3000']It's not just PC oriented, but Blizzard oriented as well.

[/QUOTE]

The amazon email's subject is

Amazon.com: Blizzard Day in the Goldbox, Including the Deal of the Day--StarCraft Battle Chest

6 am is z board
7 am is wrath of the lich king
9 am is z board again
11 am is Diablo Battlechest
1 pm is z-board
3 pm is World of Warcraft Battlechest
5 pm is likely the steelseries warcraft mouse
6 pm is Warcraft III Battlechest
9 pm is more z-board

Blizzard Day in the Goldbox, Including the Deal of the Day--StarCraft Battle Chest

title of the email from amazon looks like it's a Blizzard Gold box day...maybe they will discount starcraft 2 pre-order *cough* yeah right

Would it be worth it to buy Starcraft for just the offline? I'm probably going to get it for that and maybe the online if I can find some kind of game I like to play. I have Warcraft III already though, but I don't really like it much. I only use it to play TDs and Enfos.

Kind of off topic, but I was looking at the Diablo Battlechest and noticed they took out the original Diablo from the battlechest. Anyone know why Blizzard did that?

Experience the battle between High Heavens and Burning Hell

Diablo 2?

i really want to grab it :)

"Prepare now for the cataclysm to come."

I hope this is a cheap WoW + BC + Lich King combo pack... but it's probably just the Lich King expansion as they have a later deal titled "Enter the World of Warcraft!". :(

[quote name='wasabi5858']The amazon email's subject is

Amazon.com: Blizzard Day in the Goldbox, Including the Deal of the Day--StarCraft Battle Chest[/QUOTE]

How many console blizzard games are still in production though? All I can think of is rock n roll racing and lost vikings. But those were for gba...

[quote name='VidPower']Kind of off topic, but I was looking at the Diablo Battlechest and noticed they took out the original Diablo from the battlechest. Anyone know why Blizzard did that?[/QUOTE]

Hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out.

Does anybody have the answer?

Hmm... I'm thinking about getting the Starcraft battlechest for my dad (he loves Warcraft II), but he also needs a new disc for Warcraft III, so I'm wondering if I should wait to see what price they put that one at. I suppose I could always just tell him to check it out tonight and buy it himself.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Would it be worth it to buy Starcraft for just the offline? I'm probably going to get it for that and maybe the online if I can find some kind of game I like to play. I have Warcraft III already though, but I don't really like it much. I only use it to play TDs and Enfos.[/QUOTE]
The solo campaigns are great. It really does shine on multiplayer, but you can't go wrong just playing offline. I've been playing it for about 10 years or so and have a standing Tuesday night game with some friends online, but I have been meaning to go back and redo the solo missions. The first game is excellent, very well balanced, and the expansion actually improves on the game.

[quote name='The End']Hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out.

Does anybody have the answer?[/QUOTE]

The Battlechest has two versions of its own. The older one has the original Diablo whereas the newer one came out 2009 doesn't.
The 2009 version has guides from Prima Games for both Diablo II and the expansion.

[quote name='Homerun17']Not a Z board, first deal is a Logitech G13 advanced gameboard for 60 dollars...[/QUOTE]

Well, there was only one "gameboard" on amazon.com. The others were being called "gamepads." Heh.

PREPARE FOR CATACLYSM! Buy Warcraft-themed diapers for the 3 straight day gameplaying experience! On sale for 10% off, now only $279.99 with free "Gnome Underoo Hat," in-game item.

[quote name='Sway42']Experience the battle between High Heavens and Burning Hell

Diablo 2?

i really want to grab it :)[/QUOTE]

I'm going to guess the Diablo Battle Chest, which includes Diablo 2. Might be your lucky day.

Meh, I'm blind I guess. I searched and checked didn't see it. Oh well. I picked it up haven't played Starcraft in forever.

I really want to bite on this for $10 but I feel like I'd hardly use it at all with a huge backlog and SC2 coming soon.

[quote name='z3razerviper']Anybody who has not played starcraft cant be considered a PC gamer.[/QUOTE]
fixed

Just scored the Diablo II Battle Chest for $5 thanks to this deal, free shipping, and the Just Cause 2 spacebux.

I really don't understand why the MSRP of diablo 2 battle chest is $40, that is a lot for that ooooold game. SC battle chest being $20 is kind of reasonable, and it being marked down to $10 is even better.

[quote name='Pervect']Just scored the Diablo II Battle Chest for $5 thanks to this deal[/QUOTE]

how'd you get it for $5?

bread's done
Back