(OOS) Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition (New) In Stock @ GameStop.com

[quote name='vikingvessel']The value of a great game to play remains unchanged.[/QUOTE]

true but the value of it as a "collector's item" went down

[quote name='Tony208']true but the value of it as a "collector's item" went down[/QUOTE]

It never had any such value to begin with. This particular "collector's edition" has been in and out of stock ever since release at various retailers. It barely sells for MSRP on Ebay. Personally, I'm glad more people who want it will be able to own it.

Yeah, it's never been valuable on eBay.. you figure that it sells for $90 or so on eBay, but then you have to factor in eBay fees, Paypal fees, shipping.. you could barely make any money off of it.

I am not convinced the game was reprinted, Amazon is still OOS and there are no Game Stops within 100 miles of Denver that have the game in stock. Unless Amazon doesn't a restock within the next 7 days, I think its safe to assume GS might have just stumbled upon a few boxes of the game somehow.

[quote name='freshzen']I am not convinced the game was reprinted, Amazon is still OOS and there are no Game Stops within 100 miles of Denver that have the game in stock. Unless Amazon doesn't a restock within the next 7 days, I think its safe to assume GS might have just stumbled upon a few boxes of the game somehow.[/QUOTE]

I think that is the case. Nobody else was restocked....

seeing that the price on ebay isnt much over msrp,i wondered why more people didnt just do what i did and just sold the armor code. mine went for over 40 bucks...and i got to keep everything else!

Just placed my order and the status says "Backordered". I reloaded the link showing the game and it still says "Usually ships in 24 hours". What should I do? Cancel or wait it out...?

They don't seem to have a ton of them, so it may be simply something like GS or EA finding a couple of cases leftover in a warehouse vs a reprint...but with the 25% off coupon, this is a fairly epic deal (as long as you have something else to bump it up to $100)

[quote name='iPhone']ENT20 might be a better deal if you don't want to spend over $100.[/QUOTE]

Took it down to $55.99. It says Backordered in my Order History... I hope that's not the case.

A no brainer with the 25 off, just got 2 to make the $100; one as a gift for my buddy who loves Mass Effect.

[quote name='iPhone']ENT20 might be a better deal if you don't want to spend over $100.[/QUOTE]

I used this code on my order for 2, instead of the 25% off deal, which I had already used and wasn't sure if it was a one time use--I heard some people talking about getting their 250GB HDD orders canceled with the 25% off coupon which I didn't want to happen for this order :)

[quote name='K_G']They don't seem to have a ton of them, so it may be simply something like GS or EA finding a couple of cases leftover in a warehouse vs a reprint...but with the 25% off coupon, this is a fairly epic deal (as long as you have something else to bump it up to $100)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I resubmitted my pre-order of The Last Guardian, Fallout: New Vegas and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2. :)

And as far as the value goes, I'm getting it for the art book, comic and the codes; it's not going to be a part of my retirement plan. And someone's going to get a cheap copy of ME2, b/c I've already got the game... I just wanted the extras.

looks like the listing was an accident and they pulled it or someone bought about 75 of them thinking they could flip 'em

Dang I just checked mine and it says backordered, I bet they listed too many by accident and will be canceling some orders tomorrow. I've been looking for something good to blow some of my credit on too, damn.

[quote name='freshzen']I used this code on my order for 2, instead of the 25% off deal, which I had already used and wasn't sure if it was a one time use--I heard some people talking about getting their 250GB HDD orders canceled with the 25% off coupon which I didn't want to happen for this order :)[/QUOTE]

I think they were cancelling the orders b/c the 25OFF wasn't supposed to work with hardware and GS was catching it... but I'm not really sure...

[quote name='tlwizard']My order says "Verifying."[/QUOTE]

mine, too... :pray:

Huh, it shows a couple stores by me have it in stock... Part of me is tempted it pick it up, but I've yet to get around to playing the first game...

[quote name='KillerRamen']Huh, it shows a couple stores by me have it in stock... Part of me is tempted it pick it up, but I've yet to get around to playing the first game...[/QUOTE]

Pick up the CE. It has a killer value to it.

[quote name='dchrisd']Everytime I see that cover, I think its for Aliens v Predator :)[/QUOTE]

Offtopic, but did the AvP LE pretty much sell out? Only thing I remember reading post release was some people got damaged facehuggers.

[quote name='Nico0020']Offtopic, but did the AvP LE pretty much sell out? Only thing I remember reading post release was some people got damaged facehuggers.[/QUOTE]

It's not too hard to find on ebay or amazon for PS3 but it hasn't dropped in price despite being pretty underwhelming like most LEs.

Anyone have a screenshot of when it was in stock?

The CS told me that it specifically stated only one per person or something and I said that it didn't. Even if I had proof, it wouldn't change anything, except that if it had said that, I would have told my brother and my buddy in California to get on and order for themselves. Now we're all out of getting the CE.

[quote name='tlwizard']Anyone have a screenshot of when it was in stock?

The CS told me that it specifically stated only one per person or something and I said that it didn't. Even if I had proof, it wouldn't change anything, except that if it had said that, I would have told my brother and my buddy in California to get on and order for themselves. Now we're all out of getting the CE.[/QUOTE]

Tell him that why didn't the system disallow you to order two if that was the case....

[quote name='tlwizard']Mine just got cancelled. Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Still "Verifying" here...

My order was "verifying" and I just got this email:

Dear Valued Customer,

Our records show that you recently placed an order with GameStop.com or EBgames.com.

As an additional security measure we are contacting you to confirm this information. Please call us at 888-842-5512 or reply to this email with an appropriate time to call you. Our hours are Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. and Saturday/Sunday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Central Time.
Please contact us within 48 hours concerning this order.

If you have already spoken with us to verify this order please disregard this e-mail.

Thank you.

[quote name='leesiulung']Tell him that why didn't the system disallow you to order two if that was the case....[/QUOTE]I did.

I also just got this email:

[quote name='Bullshit Gamestop Email']
Dear Valued Customer,

Our records indicate that you placed order number xxxxxxxxxxxxx with us at GameStop.com or EBgames.com. Thank you for your business.

Due to the supply and demand for this item and the limited quantity we have on hand and a current limit of one for each customer, we will not be able to process this order for you at this time. This has resulted in the cancellation of your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We appreciate your business and hope you will continue to shop with us.

Best Regards,

Valerie
GameStop.com
Power To The Players[/QUOTE]

So in the email she's saying you could only order one. The CSR on the phone, she swore that the webpage said you could only order two. And I'm swearing it was never there.

But no matter. Whichever way it truly was, I'm shit out of luck.

[quote name='tlwizard']I did.

I also just got this email:

So in the email she's saying you could only order one. The CSR on the phone, she swore that the webpage said you could only order two. And I'm swearing it was never there.

But no matter. Whichever way it truly was, I'm shit out of luck.[/QUOTE]

That "Power to the Players" is just kind of a kick in the nuttzz.

[quote name='twicwborn']Now they need to re-print the first one's collectors edition.[/QUOTE]

I have one, still sealed :D

[quote name='Vcize']I have one, still sealed :D[/QUOTE]

let me guess, you found it at BB clearance? maybe even grabbed a couple..I remember seeing it for $40 there 6 months after the game came out. Boy have times changed for most LE's, they're gone in the first week!

and how is this thread still not dead? Status is "Currently Not Available Online" WTF?

bread's done
Back