Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

e-rewards: it is trustworthy/worthwhile!

• Please log in to reply
874 replies to this topic

#781 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

I don't use twitter, but at least they got some automated response? I emailed them on Dec 21 with a ticket# and everything, no response as of Jan 4. That's slower than USPS!

USPS gets a lot of unfair criticism. I just received a package, Oakland to Atlanta in 2 days. USPS is far and away the best value for your money.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-The Office season 8
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#782 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

Interesting, sounds like you're the first one to mention PowerUp Reward (PUR) Points as a reward option, I don't see that on my list. Maybe that's part of why the GameStop GC (for many older members) is being changed to $75/$50? I don't think any of us see PUR Points.

I get points as well, no option for cards.

It's an insane amount for a few points. I think $25 for 5,000 points.

The good thing is it only takes about 5 days to get the points credited to my account.

(I thought I was the only one, or on a different site, guess not)

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#783 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

I get points as well, no option for cards.

It's an insane amount for a few points. I think $25 for 5,000 points.

The good thing is it only takes about 5 days to get the points credited to my account.

(I thought I was the only one, or on a different site, guess not)

5,000 PUR (Pick up Rewards, Gamestop members reward point system) points is like $5 off any purchase (I think 4,000 points gets $5 off used game)? So $75 in e-rewards is like a ~$15 gift card...that's even WORSE. And horrid compared to $50 e-rewards used to get a $25 gift card.

Originally, most of us got invited to e-rewards from Gamestop (email refer), that was the only way to have Gamestop gift card as a reward option.

#784 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Since most of you are bailing on e-Rewards I just wanted to point out that SurveySpree recently added GameStop to its list of rewards. $25 for $25 GC. I'm not sure if it's electronic or physical.

#785 randompanzy

randompanzy

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

i dont know why everyone is all upset about it being $75 now, its always been $75 for me and i been able to get one ever quarter for the past year and a half you just have to set out the time to do the surveys

#786 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

If they ever switch me to PUR points, I'm done.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#787 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

i dont know why everyone is all upset about it being $75 now, its always been $75 for me and i been able to get one ever quarter for the past year and a half you just have to set out the time to do the surveys

I always do the math on these surveys, and it's hard to justify the time to take these.

For example, the latest survey I got was for $3 for a 12 minute survey. If I did 5 of these 12 minute surveys (1 hour), I'd make $15. Take that $15 and divide it by $75 (cost of a $25 GS giftcard) = .2 * $25 (the value of the giftcard you get) = $4. So I'd effectively be making $4 an hour.

I get that you can rush through them but even then, I don't think it's worth my time.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#788 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Indeed. Simply put, now it's more effort for the same reward.

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#789 mannam23

mannam23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

Has anyone gotten a response back yet to the $75 for $25 credit change? I still haven't :(

#790 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

I didn't get a response either. Someone posted a response either earlier in this thread or in the other thread. It was some jargon about rewards are assessed periodically and are subject to change.

#791 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

I didn't get a response either. Someone posted a response either earlier in this thread or in the other thread. It was some jargon about rewards are assessed periodically and are subject to change.

I used twitter and all I got is this:

"Per the Rewards’ Terms and Conditions they are subject to change at any time. I am very sorry for the inconvenience."

Well that is a big f*** you to their users.

#792 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Well a couple days ago I hit $50 again and was able to redeem.... But I think it's only a matter of time before they change it to $75 for me. I wonder how they decide which accounts have which terms? It's kinda BS to me.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#793 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Redeemed $75 for a $25 e-gc, and I got an invite for a week long $45 survey. Anyone know id you can redeem more than once a quarter?

For now I'll keep using it

#794 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

Redeemed $75 for a $25 e-gc, and I got an invite for a week long $45 survey. Anyone know id you can redeem more than once a quarter?

For now I'll keep using it

Redemptions of GameStop provided rewards will be limited to one (1) redemption per calendar quarter.

Nope.

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#795 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Oh well. Thanks for the response.

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#796 sidewalkhustla

sidewalkhustla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

I got the same kinda response.

Thank You for contacting e-Rewards. Our Rewards are constantly under revision and as such they are subject to change. In this particular case the available reward is no longer available on the same terms as previously. However our marketing team is always looking for new reward options. Please check your reward center periodically for new reward options that may become available. Should you need more details please consult our Member Agreement.

Seems like BS since other people are still at 50

#797 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Its not just that they raised it to $75, I am pissed half the time I get a survey, I start it and a few questions in, I get kicked off the survey because I dont qualify for it or they have enough responses from my demographic (even though I take it within a couple hours of receiving the survey). I might get a whole 25 cents then. Woah! .....................Blah!

#798 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Its not just that they raised it to $75, I am pissed half the time I get a survey, I start it and a few questions in, I get kicked off the survey because I dont qualify for it or they have enough responses from my demographic (even though I take it within a couple hours of receiving the survey). I might get a whole 25 cents then. Woah! .....................Blah!

You mean 8 cents! Also, still no response to my ticket#

#799 sidewalkhustla

sidewalkhustla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

The worst is when you actually completely a survey but afterwards when you hit the final submit button to return to the erewards site it conveniently times out and you get nothing

#800 bkjohns1

bkjohns1

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Has anyone gotten a response back yet to the $75 for $25 credit change? I still haven't :(

Here is what I got in reply to my question about the exorbitant price increase:

Our Rewards are constantly under revision and as such they are subject to change. In this particular case the available reward is no longer available on the same terms as previously. However our marketing team is always looking for new reward options. Please check your reward center periodically for new reward options that may become available. Should you need more details please consult our Member Agreement.

bkjohns1.pngsig.gif
My goal for 2012 was to fund my gaming habit through reward sites which still continues on into 2014. You can read about my "journey" here.

#801 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

*Sigh* Looks like I'm done with e-rewards
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#802 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

I guess I'm sticking around for one more redemption. I swore I was done but I wanted to use up the carry-over cash from last year. A few surveys later I'm over $50. I will probably do enough surveys to get another $25 and then that will be it.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#803 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Yea Im doing a big TV survey on the mobile app that should net me $30 that would put me over $50 so I'll be here for at least one more.

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#804 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

As long as they keep it at $50 for me, I'll keep doing surveys. I'll have to reassess if/when they change me over to $75.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#805 jhferry

jhferry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Looks like surverys have dried up for me. Time to move on.

JBPBanner2013signature_zps3c5f7a88.jpg
Step By Step Real Money Earning: http://justbeenpaidjohnny.blogspot.com

#806 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

That's strange they seem to have kicked up for me like I'm get one every day or other day at the max

I'm still on the $50 redeem level also

Edited by Rockinjs, 03 February 2013 - 12:09 AM.

#807 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

That's strange they seem to have kicked up for me like I'm get one every day or other day at the max

so now we get to do more work for less rewards. seems like the typical american job today :-|
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#808 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Same here. I'm within $10 of the $75 price hike but haven't gotten a survey in at least a week.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#809 Hoffy

Hoffy

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

Same here. I'm within $10 of the $75 price hike but haven't gotten a survey in at least a week.

I'm in the same boat also. I have $4.50 to get to $75 and I've been seeing maybe 1 survey a week for the last month. On top of all that, it seems they are making them harder to "pass" the survey. I've gotten full credit for 1 survey of the last 5 I've done. I guess I'm off my game :D

#810 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

I finished up my last survey a few weeks ago. It put me at $75.26. I cashed out, got the card, and cancelled the account. It's been nice not to have to worry about it. :)