Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread (OP Updated 04/25/14)

vgm game music game soundtracks deals cd deals mp3 deals amazon itunes

• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#211 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

CDJapan has a new bonus points promo running until the end of March: get 1,000 bonus points (or more) on purchases of 10,000 yen or higher

Also, I noticed the other day that Amazon.co.jp has the limited edition version of the Project DIVA F Complete Collection for 3,036 yen, or 744 yen off of the tax-inclusive MSRP.

Edited by blueshinra, 15 March 2013 - 05:44 PM.

sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#212 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

This thread needs a gif of when someone gets shot in MW2 and all the money flies out.

#213 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

Another one from CDJ: a clearance sale. Here's the anime and game music on sale.

Notable OSTs there:
- Tales of Xillia 2 OST Limited Edition, 20% off
- Super Robot Wars Opening Theme Collection, 20% off
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#214 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

More freebies! I'll add these to the appropriate list shortly - Nintendo 64′s Music Maestro Unleashes His Hit Chiptunes For Free

Direct links to the soundtracks:
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Banjo-Tooie
- Perfect Dark
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#215 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

FWIW, new retro/indie game music bundle starts on May 23rd:

http://www.gamemusicbundle.com/

#216 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

I'm excited to see what's in this bundle. Based on the name, I figured that it would be a bundle of retro-themed/chiptune soundtracks for recent indie games, but apparently these are actual vintage soundtracks, some previously unreleased, to games from the early to mid 90s.

#217 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:19 AM

Remember Me Remix (free)

#218 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

Game Music Bundle 5

It's a little weird that the World of Goo OST is included in that one, since it's free to begin with...

sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#219 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

Can anyone recommend the 10 level for Game Bundle 5? The 1 dollar level is very nice though.

#220 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

Can anyone recommend the 10 level for Game Bundle 5? The 1 dollar level is very nice though.

The only soundtrack I'm familiar with at that level is the one for Frog Fractions, which I've been meaning to get for awhile. You've just gotta love an OST with a track called "Get Your Ass to Mars". The Bandcamp page for that is here if you want to preview any of the tracks. Some of those other OSTs might be on Bandcamp as well.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#221 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

Download of the Game Music Bundle is awfully slow for me.

#222 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

If anyone has a gift url of the complete GMB5 (or 2) and is willing to part with it for $30, PM me.

#223 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

The Groupees Doujin Bundle 2 currently includes as bonuses soundtracks to two indie bullet hell games, and another is likely to unlock.

#224 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

Wow, looks pretty good; thanks! Reminds me that I still haven't checked out the Hatoful Boyfriend demo...

I know it's been a long time since I last did so, but I'm going to update the first post sometime within the next couple of weeks. Get your deal recommendations in now!

sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#225 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

Sumthing has a new coupon for 25% off that will be good from October 31-November 15 - so it's not live yet: sumthingsbehindyou

You could use it to get the upcoming MM25: Mega Man Rocks album, which releases on October 29. The coupon knocks it down from $9.99 to $7.49.

s_3afe24e87e623b9fc7491d3cbb2e2f07_MM25_

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#226 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

Game Music Bundle... of the Damned! - http://www.loudr.fm/gamemusicbundle

Features soundtracks for both Amnesias, Limbo, Dead Space, and BloodRayne: Betrayal at the $1 level, and nine more (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Plants vs. Zombies, and others) at the $10 level.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#227 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

If you like those grungy Mary Elizabeth McGlynn vocal tracks, you'll love the Shattered Memories soundtrack.

#228 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

OP updated! Found a ton of good sale stuff on Amazon.co.jp, including a handful of those classic "every VGM collector needs these" albums. Might have to bite on that SotN OST myself...

Also, now I remember why I don't do these updates very often: it takes forever @_@
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#229 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

Spectrum of Mana (free) - awesome, awesome Secret of Mana fan album

God of War: Ascension OST (free) - source: PSN deals thread

Soul Sacrifice OST ($9.99) - not exactly a deal except in the sense that this MP3 version is much cheaper than the physical album.  I actually bought this forgetting that I already have but haven't listened to the physical album.  Reception to this album was tepid, I believe.  I would summarize the consensus as, "This isn't the classic Mitsuda sound you remember."

Sorry I didn't post this before you updated the thread.

#230 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

Sorry I didn't post this before you updated the thread.

Not a problem! I had to make a fix to the OP anyway, so I included the free soundtracks at the same time :)
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#231 inkcil

inkcil

I went from "Ashy to Thrifty"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

Anyone know where the soundtrack that came with DOA 5 collectors edition can be found?

#232 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:42 AM

Anyone know where the soundtrack that came with DOA 5 collectors edition can be found?

Otaku.com has the Japanese version, which should be the same as the US one - http://otaku.com/products/34822
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#233 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

God of War: Ascension OST (free) - source: PSN deals thread

Has anyone tried this?  It says it will download to the PS3 but I don't see that option on mine.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-Game of Thrones season 1
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#234 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Has anyone tried this? It says it will download to the PS3 but I don't see that option on mine.

It worked for me. Try looking for it in your download history?

#235 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:28 AM

Humble Mobile Bundle 3 went up today (Android only). The soundtracks are Swordigo, rymdkapsel, Ridiculous Fishing (unlockable), and Kingdom Rush (unlockable).

Also, general game music talk: Hideki Naganuma (Jet Set Radio series, Sonic Rush) has composed the music for a new arcade game called Dead Heat Riders. Here's a trailer which includes some of that music. Shit be hot :drool:

In his tweet containing this link, he mentioned an upcoming soundtrack, so definitely gonna look out for that in the future.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#236 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:58 AM

Holiday sales have started! :whee:

There's Steam, as usual, but the reason why I'm posting is because CDJapan is offering double bonus points for orders of 5,000 yen or more until Dec. 20th. If only I'd waited a few weeks to preorder a certain couple of albums, hrrgh.

CDJ has also started their holiday specials. I couldn't find anything relevant to this thread other than two Falcom jdk Band albums (here and here) and a couple of Idolm@ster: Cinderella Girls CDs (here and here).

I'll try and do a proper update sometime within the next couple of weeks (but not this weekend, since I'll be away most of that time). Happy Thanksgiving!
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#237 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

Game Music Bundle 6 is up. It's a big 'un.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#238 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:17 AM

Game Music Bundle 6 is up. It's a big 'un.

It's just one of many game music bundles that Loudr is currently hosting.

#239 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

Sumthing has a new code for 25% off your entire purchase through January 2nd. Their latest releases are the Dead Rising 3 and Castlevania: Mirror of Fate soundtracks.

Promo Code:  sumthinginyourstocking

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#240 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

I don't know what any of his stuff is usually priced at, but Eirik Suhrke tweeted that his music is all pay what you want with no minimum until the end of the year. It includes the soundtracks for Spelunky, Ridiculous Fishing, Super Crate Box, and various other stuff.