GoGamer Madness

The fact that Diablo II and it's expansion, a full 10 years old now, sells for over $30 on sale is ridiculous to me. (Not directed at gogamer, it's like that everywhere)

For anyone on the fence I highly reccomend Darksiders, especially if you're into grim, badass protagonists. War is right up there with Marcus Fenix and Master Chief. The game itself really surprised me with a level of polish found only in AAA games.

Agh, I hope Darksiders is still in stock when I get home in an hour (where the money is). I beat it via rental but want to own it for replay, and that's the price for which I'll do it.

Handful of PC games for around 6 or 7 a piece after shipping. Definitely getting in on that.

[quote name='rapsodist']Too bad Darksiders is already OOS, but I anticipate it'll hit that MSRP soon anyway.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way, it's been dropping fast.

[quote name='pun123']anybody on the fence, buy it, one of the best games I played this past year, can't wait for DS2.[/QUOTE]

This, it's well worth $20 of anyone's money.

Just got my Darksiders in the mail. For some reason, it seemingly also came with a free copy of Maelstrom. I'm not sure why, but whatever, a free game is a free game.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Just got my Darksiders in the mail. For some reason, it seemingly also came with a free copy of Maelstrom. I'm not sure why, but whatever, a free game is a free game.[/QUOTE]

lol I received my copy yesterday and got the same thing.

Very awesome deal. And they're so close, I will probably be buying from them more often.

Also got my darksiders today with Free Maelstrom. I think I have to look more closely at these 48 hour sales, I've bought stuff from them in the past at decent prices, but nothing comparable to the Darksiders deal.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Just got my Darksiders in the mail. For some reason, it seemingly also came with a free copy of Maelstrom. I'm not sure why, but whatever, a free game is a free game.[/QUOTE]

Haha, same thing here yet again. DS is great, not sure I'll ever check out Maelstrom.

[quote name='mikejenks']The fact that Diablo II and it's expansion, a full 10 years old now, sells for over $30 on sale is ridiculous to me. (Not directed at gogamer, it's like that everywhere)
[/QUOTE]

If the game still sells at the price it sells at and Blizzard keeps patching it like they often do, it'll likely stay at the same price.

Unlike most companies, Blizzard tries to keep their games relevant and still patches them - even if it's once a year. Most games don't get any patching support after a few months or even a year, these day and age.

Usually, GameStop's Game Days Sale has the Blizzard games and Battle Chests for 1/2 of what Retail normally charges for them...

Bah, my free copy of Maelstrom came with the disk stuck inside the manual and sealed with a piece of packing tape, but the tape got stuck on the bottom of the disc and now there's a big blob of glue residue on the disc. Any tips on how to clean it?

[quote name='JNKryo']Bah, my free copy of Maelstrom came with the disk stuck inside the manual and sealed with a piece of packing tape, but the tape got stuck on the bottom of the disc and now there's a big blob of glue residue on the disc. Any tips on how to clean it?[/QUOTE]

A little WD40 or 3in1 oil will remove tape residue. Light soap-water to remove the oil.

[quote name='cheapo72']A little WD40 or 3in1 oil will remove tape residue. Light soap-water to remove the oil.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice!

I've bought stuff during one of these sales, but I gotta say when they have all the game platforms mixed together in a web page and not in any order, it just seems like a pain to go through the list. Why not just separate them by platform?

Sorry to resurrect an old dead thread, but did anyone get in on the Darksiders and STILL not get the game? It's still showing up as backordered on my order status page, and I'm pretty sure I read that if Gogamer doesn't get something in stock within a month, they cancel it. We're over 3 weeks already ...

[quote name='Thrakker']Sorry to resurrect an old dead thread, but did anyone get in on the Darksiders and STILL not get the game? It's still showing up as backordered on my order status page, and I'm pretty sure I read that if Gogamer doesn't get something in stock within a month, they cancel it. We're over 3 weeks already ...[/QUOTE]

Yep, same here. :whistle2:(

Darksiders is one of the best games I have played this year, and probably the most enjoyable. Right there with God of War III IMO. I recommend it. Also I am hoping they make a sequel. You couldn't ask for a better, more suspensful cliffhanger ending. Truly underrated, truly awesome.

[quote name='Thrakker']Sorry to resurrect an old dead thread, but did anyone get in on the Darksiders and STILL not get the game? It's still showing up as backordered on my order status page, and I'm pretty sure I read that if Gogamer doesn't get something in stock within a month, they cancel it. We're over 3 weeks already ...[/QUOTE]

I ordered one as well and still have not received it. On top of that they charged my credit card a few days after I ordered it. I've never ordered from GoGamer.com before, but I've also never ordered something online and had the seller charge my card before the shipped my product. Is this a normal practice for them? 'Perhaps' not intentionally, but it seems to me like they are taking a few interest free $20 loans from their customers for a month.

Yeah, they did that with my $20 Muramasa. Then, a day or two after they canceled, they put it back up for the same price...

And I was right. I got an email overnight last night that Darksiders was canceled, and now all of a sudden it's back on their site at $40. Pretty fucking shady.

[quote name='Thrakker']And I was right. I got an email overnight last night that Darksiders was canceled, and now all of a sudden it's back on their site at $40. Pretty fucking shady.[/QUOTE]

Same here, and I agree. It's bullshit. :\

bread's done
Back