GoGamer Madness

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:47 PM

Picked up Magna Carta 2. Thanks CheapyD.

#32 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:56 PM

Just got my Darksiders in the mail. For some reason, it seemingly also came with a free copy of Maelstrom. I'm not sure why, but whatever, a free game is a free game.

Posted Image

#33 goMaki

goMaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

Just got my Darksiders in the mail. For some reason, it seemingly also came with a free copy of Maelstrom. I'm not sure why, but whatever, a free game is a free game.

lol I received my copy yesterday and got the same thing.

Very awesome deal. And they're so close, I will probably be buying from them more often.

#34 xboxsox

xboxsox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:48 PM

Also got my darksiders today with Free Maelstrom. I think I have to look more closely at these 48 hour sales, I've bought stuff from them in the past at decent prices, but nothing comparable to the Darksiders deal.

#35 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:32 PM

My mystery game was "Perfect Chessmate".
Bonus points, it's Y2K safe!

#36 Jigen

Jigen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:10 AM

Haha, same thing here yet again. DS is great, not sure I'll ever check out Maelstrom.

#37 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

The fact that Diablo II and it's expansion, a full 10 years old now, sells for over $30 on sale is ridiculous to me. (Not directed at gogamer, it's like that everywhere)

If the game still sells at the price it sells at and Blizzard keeps patching it like they often do, it'll likely stay at the same price.

Unlike most companies, Blizzard tries to keep their games relevant and still patches them - even if it's once a year. Most games don't get any patching support after a few months or even a year, these day and age.

Usually, GameStop's Game Days Sale has the Blizzard games and Battle Chests for 1/2 of what Retail normally charges for them...

#38 JNKryo

JNKryo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:29 PM

Bah, my free copy of Maelstrom came with the disk stuck inside the manual and sealed with a piece of packing tape, but the tape got stuck on the bottom of the disc and now there's a big blob of glue residue on the disc. Any tips on how to clean it?

#39 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:11 AM

Bah, my free copy of Maelstrom came with the disk stuck inside the manual and sealed with a piece of packing tape, but the tape got stuck on the bottom of the disc and now there's a big blob of glue residue on the disc. Any tips on how to clean it?

A little WD40 or 3in1 oil will remove tape residue. Light soap-water to remove the oil.

#40 JNKryo

JNKryo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:12 AM

A little WD40 or 3in1 oil will remove tape residue. Light soap-water to remove the oil.

Thanks for the advice!

#41 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:49 PM

I've bought stuff during one of these sales, but I gotta say when they have all the game platforms mixed together in a web page and not in any order, it just seems like a pain to go through the list. Why not just separate them by platform?
[cp][/cp]

#42 devil_blog_dracula

devil_blog_dracula

What Nintendon't.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:20 PM

Nothing for me. Thanks anyway, Cheapy!

#43 Thrakker

Thrakker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:35 PM

Sorry to resurrect an old dead thread, but did anyone get in on the Darksiders and STILL not get the game? It's still showing up as backordered on my order status page, and I'm pretty sure I read that if Gogamer doesn't get something in stock within a month, they cancel it. We're over 3 weeks already ...

#44 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

Sorry to resurrect an old dead thread, but did anyone get in on the Darksiders and STILL not get the game? It's still showing up as backordered on my order status page, and I'm pretty sure I read that if Gogamer doesn't get something in stock within a month, they cancel it. We're over 3 weeks already ...

Yep, same here. :-(

#45 ricoraney

ricoraney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:07 PM

Darksiders is one of the best games I have played this year, and probably the most enjoyable. Right there with God of War III IMO. I recommend it. Also I am hoping they make a sequel. You couldn't ask for a better, more suspensful cliffhanger ending. Truly underrated, truly awesome.

#46 InnocentBystander

InnocentBystander

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:29 PM

I ordered one as well and still have not received it. On top of that they charged my credit card a few days after I ordered it. I've never ordered from GoGamer.com before, but I've also never ordered something online and had the seller charge my card before the shipped my product. Is this a normal practice for them? 'Perhaps' not intentionally, but it seems to me like they are taking a few interest free $20 loans from their customers for a month.

#47 deckerro

deckerro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:33 PM

Yeah, they did that with my $20 Muramasa. Then, a day or two after they canceled, they put it back up for the same price...

#48 Thrakker

Thrakker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:32 AM

And I was right. I got an email overnight last night that Darksiders was canceled, and now all of a sudden it's back on their site at $40. Pretty fucking shady.

#49 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:54 AM

And I was right. I got an email overnight last night that Darksiders was canceled, and now all of a sudden it's back on their site at $40. Pretty fucking shady.

Same here, and I agree. It's bullshit. :\

#50 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 04:45 AM

my oh my how gogamer.com has fallen.. i wonder if Jason still posts here.. maybe he could shine some light on this issue.

#51 Drizztd9

Drizztd9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:23 AM

Ive bought a couple things from gogamer but now i dont even bother looking at their madness sales. its just the same ol shit week in and week out and a pain to look through cause theres no order to it.
Posted Image