XBLA price drops Braid (800pts), Cloning Clyde (400pts) & 3 on 3 NHL Arcade (400pts

Crap, I've got two out of the three.

BTW, Cloning Clyde is a little dated, but great fun, especially for $5. And it's an easy 200 achievement points.

Score! 4 years later, and my patience on Cloning Clyde has FINALLY paid off!

(Sadly, I'm serious about this. Been eying it since it came out, never really had a good reason to pick it up, and it never went on sale.)

I know the style of the 3 on 3 Hockey is similar to Hitz, but how does it really play? i.e. are the controls good, how difficult is the CPU, etc etc. Cause my buddies and I played the crap out of Hitz.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I know the style of the 3 on 3 Hockey is similar to Hitz, but how does it really play? i.e. are the controls good, how difficult is the CPU, etc etc. Cause my buddies and I played the crap out of Hitz.[/QUOTE]

The controls are similar to NHL 09 if you ever played that. You can choose between stick or button controls. If you plan on playing this with friends then it truly is a blast.

[quote name='confoosious']how's 3 on 3 arcade?[/QUOTE]

It's really shallow and featureless. But for $5, it's one of those things that can definitely be enjoyed by a group of people, especially non-gamers.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']There are so, so many other titles that really need sales or permanent price drops....[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it's the start of a trend!

I already got Braid on PSN a while back when it was on sale there (it's well worth it for those that don't have it, even though it can get damn frustrating at points), but I might have to consider picking up one or both of the others, if for no other reason than to show my support that price drops on older titles is a good idea.

Permanent XBLA price drops? Bout time. MS needs to take a cue from Valve and get going with more big sales and permanent price drops if they want XBLA to grow.

Braid's mine. Wasn't it discounted several months ago on xbla? It definitely was on psn I think..? I just never got it. Not interested in 3 on 3 but I'll look into the other one. Nice little bonuses I guess.

[quote name='INCyr']Score! 4 years later, and my patience on Cloning Clyde has FINALLY paid off!

(Sadly, I'm serious about this. Been eying it since it came out, never really had a good reason to pick it up, and it never went on sale.)[/QUOTE]
I'm right with you. LOL.

I wish 3-on-3 NHL would go back on sale on PSN though. I know a lot more people that would play it on PS3. I missed it the first time it was on sale.

wow permanent price drop on Braid? I will definitely have to pick that up now. Gonna hafta try NHL now too... Arg @ my backlog.

Tho now that they are permanent price drops, does that mean Braid could have a further sale down to like 540 points? lol

3 on 3 nhl arcade is alot of fun whether you have friends over to play with/against you or if you wanna play on xbl too it's fun overall. braid is worth the 800 points and gets alot of praise by game reviewers and gamers in general. cloning clyde is worth the 400 points plus it has online multiplayer, achievements aren't that hard and it's made by NinjaBee :)

Looks nice, I remember playing the cloning Clyde demo and had a lot of fun with it, nice platformer. Once I finish Manhattan project I'll probably get it.

Cloning Clyde was one of the first XBLA games that I played. I enjoyed the demo,
but I felt that $10 was too much. When I saw that it was now $5, it was an "instant
buy"!

Since we're talking about new additions, how's about adding Metal Slug 3? Either
that, or make it the DOTW, in the coming weeks. For $5, it would be an...
"instant buy"!

Sweet, I got the Cloning Clyde demo years ago and have wanted it ever since, never really acquired all the points for it though. But now I'll definitely go get it... soon...

Thanks, dude! :)

[quote name='RevivedDemon']Permanent XBLA price drops? Bout time. MS needs to take a cue from Valve and get going with more big sales and permanent price drops if they want XBLA to grow.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it's about time they show some price flexibility on XBLA games to push older titles

[quote name='confoosious']i will be getting 3 on 3 arcade then.

thanks folks.

GO FLYERS! :)[/QUOTE]

YESSS! Gagne is my hero.. Always has been, always will be.

Anyway, does anyone know if this will be happening for PSN for braid and 3 on 3 Arcade? I'd rather pick those up on PS3

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I know the style of the 3 on 3 Hockey is similar to Hitz, but how does it really play? i.e. are the controls good, how difficult is the CPU, etc etc. Cause my buddies and I played the crap out of Hitz.[/QUOTE]doesn't the game have a free demo?

This is the first time in like a year they've done this, right?

I'm surprised Penny Arcade 1 didn't permanently drop to 1200 since that's what it costs on PSN.

I'd really love to jump on that Clyde game, but apparently the next Bad Company 2 co-op mode Onslaught will be paid DLC (that's right; the VIP code won't cover it) so I gotta keep my points for that or I'll have to spend $20 to get 1600 points and have spares again.

Picked up 3 on 3 when it was a Deal of the Week and it's definitely worth $5.

Braid if you don't own it--- buy it.

Probably will grab Clyde which I never grabbed.

Tried cloning clyde, reminded me alot of splosion man,could see myself getting it when i get extra points.

Tried braid and I enjoyed it quite a bit, I just don't like games that are 'impossible' to lose at; I can rewind a million times to get it right with no consequence. It's what drew me away from lego star wars and it drew me away from that unfortunately... unless the time travel power gets gimped later on?

I tend to avoid sports games so I didn't try the nhl one.. thoughts?

bread's done
Back