CAGcast #200: Jews Gone Wild

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#31 Conboy

Conboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:19 PM

Congrats on 200 episodes, how far the podcast has come from episode 1. Looking forward to listening later today, and will be back with comments.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 x caponed x

x caponed x

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:24 PM

I personally buy all my single players on the PS3 because it usually has better graphics, and overall gives me a better experience for the game.

#33 Energy Penguin

Energy Penguin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:39 PM

Hey guys,
Red Dead Redemption is flawed, but I don't care. I am loving it. You might want to try changing the camera from "Horse Relative" to "Camera Relative", I think it is better for riding the horse. Also, you can use horse pills to keep the horse's stamina up for a decent amount of time. They are cheap and available at every Dr's office. And make sure you have a 3-star horse.

#34 ObiBen

ObiBen

Form Titan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:12 PM

Downloading now. Congrats on 200 episodes guys! The new podcast art rocks!

#35 hollitz

hollitz

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

I don't know why, but I really want the polo-wearing wombat to do my taxes.

#36 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:20 PM

I love the logo!! Congrats on 200!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#37 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:22 PM

added to OP

Glad you brought back that classic. "Cheap As Shit" is still the best CAG intro music.

#38 Mayday

Mayday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:24 PM

Congrats on the milestone guys, looking forward to another clip show. All I can ask if you can edit the podcast page to not only include Shipwreck in the logo but also in the bio for the show and state that Foreplay is hidden under the rug.

#39 djshot

djshot

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:29 PM

wow on the RDR pissyness (Shipwreck) - seriously I listen all the time and just can't believe i heard you say the horse doesnt control like a car omg R you serious :roll:- If you don't want to review a game why play it is it to just get the game and trade it in for something else and have hatred for GTA / Rockstar games
Posted Image

#40 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:33 PM

Cheapy, this isn't related to the show but I wanted to ask if you've thought about a +/- system for readers to leave about comments. Sometimes users post things that aren't worth replying back to but you want to say good comment or disagree with it. Engadget uses this system and so does G4's The Feed. It's really satisfying when an illogical fanboy statement gets negative rated into the double digits.

For creating more work, I'm sure Super Programmer John would rate this comment a minus.

#41 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:34 PM

On the logo - Wombat on there looks like a weird brown Beast with a shirt and I couldn't tell Cheapy was holding money at first, so it just looked like he was holding his hand up in a "I'm gonna bitchslap you" kind of way. I think I'm used to it now though.

Posted Image

#42 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:48 PM

good show, HAPPY 200th!! Mrs. Cheapy needs to spit on the internet pimp's helmet.
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#43 Clarke

Clarke

The Pretender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:51 PM

Look at all that jews!

Posted Image

#44 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

Congrats guys!
The logo looks good! Downloading now... I wonder how Jews go wild..

#45 prence

prence

Yeah, I'm pretty awesome.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:02 PM

Congrats on 200 and I love 'Cheap as Shit.'
Remote parties restarted the matchmaking process.

#46 Brad Bishop

Brad Bishop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:03 PM

Cheapy nailed it:

There has never been a successful peripheral.

It's always been this way. The way I figure it's because, if you're a game developer, you're already playing to a limited audience (a particular console), why would you want to split that out even further by doing development for a particular peripheral like:
- Intellivoice (going way back)
- TurboGraphix CD
- Sega 32X
- Sega CD
- the various specialized controllers
- the various cameras
- the hard drive for the PS2
- the add-on networking interfaces (PS2 comes to mind but I think there were others)

You just end up either doing unnecessary development for sort of a weird add-on to a game or you end up limiting it to that peripheral and thus limiting your sales.

If it doesn't come in the box, people are less likely to pick it up (even extra controllers).

#47 kashwashwa

kashwashwa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:04 PM

You realize how much of a paradox you are right Shipwreck?

RDR is boring to you, yet you're more than happy to dump dozens of hours into the most obscure nonsensical teeny-bopper JRPG.

I honestly thought the control is amazing in RDR as well. Anyway, I do understand some of your criticism's. I don't expect everyone will love it. I do really like the fact that the story isn't full of retarded slap-stick / sex jokes, and cramming as many swears as possible into a single cut scene. The characters (most anyway) are way more believable, which I like, and the dialogue seems really fitting.

Also wombat - you mentioned that you have to wait for the 'cool-down' for your horse to slow down after you release A. You do know that you can get your horse to stop (or pull on the reigns if you will) by pressing RB, right?
Posted Image

#48 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:09 PM

I personally buy all my single players on the PS3 because it usually has better graphics, and overall gives me a better experience for the game.

Uh huh. Riiggghhhht.

#49 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:18 PM

Here's a larger version of the new podcast art.

A heartfelt congratulations on 200! You guys, the podcast and this website is some of the best stuff in the entire gaming community. Downloading now, can't wait to listen.

And the new logo looks sweet.

Downloading now. Congrats on 200 episodes guys! The new podcast art rocks!

Congrats guys!
The logo looks good! Downloading now... I wonder how Jews go wild..

On the logo - Wombat on there looks like a weird brown Beast with a shirt and I couldn't tell Cheapy was holding money at first, so it just looked like he was holding his hand up in a "I'm gonna bitchslap you" kind of way. I think I'm used to it now though.

Success!

:whee:

And a heartfelt congratulations to CheapyD, Wombat, and Shipwreck for their milestone 200th Podcast! :D

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#50 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:07 PM

pretty good podcast i just started listening and i think everyone has good chemistry and its very enjoyable to listen to.

#51 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:09 PM

Hehe it makes it look like it's the 2 Guys and a Furry Podcast.

#52 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:21 PM

Shipwreck, Wombat, and CheapyD are Jewish?? I don't understand this title "Jews Gone Wild". Someone please explain.

Or is it just Wombat? From the beard and the yamulka (sp?) hat, that has to be the case. :)

#53 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:50 PM

Gears of War 2 All Fronts Collection is finally dlc that's worth the money. $10 for 19 multiplayer maps and a campaign level that can be played two very different ways.

#54 ihih

ihih

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:53 PM

Cheapy and Wombat are jews, dont know about shipwreck.

The new logo is nice congratz on that and the 200th episode:applause:.

On Red dead redemption metacritic score when I started playing the game I thought the exact same thing wow what a crazy meta score but now after finishing it and almost spending 40hrs playing it I can see how it got such an high score.
I dont want to spoil anything but I highly recommend that you finish it ;D

#55 PhaperPlane

PhaperPlane

A British CAG.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

Listening to this now, congratulations for reaching 200 episodes! :) (I'll finish this when I get home from Taekwondo)
Posted Image
Give me an internet please!

Follow me on Twitter! | Be my friend on Last.FM!

Feel free to add me on XBL and PSN!

#56 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:28 PM

Or is it just Wombat? From the beard and the yamulka (sp?) hat, that has to be the case. :)

Beard & Yarmulke? I'm Jewish not a Rabbi

#57 fredy182

fredy182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:45 PM

congrats on the 200th episode!!!!

cant wait to listen

#58 ShinAkumA21

ShinAkumA21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:21 PM

how can you NOT like Red Dead? the game is simply awesome, its so f-ing fun. shipwreck do you know about the fast travel? i love killing all the animal, i love killing all the people, the online is fun as hell when you're in a poses. Rockstars Stories are always over the top and that is why i love them so funny!

#59 ohmyblazes

ohmyblazes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:27 PM

Congrats on 200 episodes guys! Here's to another 200 (or a big sell-out for Cheapy)! :-P

Cheapy, when your wife mentioned about the video it got me thinking, have you guys ever thought about doing a video for one of the CAGcasts? It might be a pain in the ass to setup but, it would be kinda cool to see your physical reactions to each others comments, etc. Plus, who wouldn't want to stare at that shiny bald head for two hours?

Keep up the great work gentlemen!

#60 Manloi

Manloi

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:40 PM

Congrats on the 200th episode! ^_^ Good Job guys.

Thank you for responding my comment about Alan wake.

However, I think there are some misunderstanding about my last comment. James McCaffrey voiced some character in Alan Wake, but he is not the voice of Alan Wake.
So I am sorry to Wombat and all the CAG member for the wrong information.

Hope you Enjoy the game!

Hey, Cheapy D,

Love your show! Anyway, Michael Pachter claimed, "PS3 is the most awesome console. It's far better than the Xbox 360." on his show, Pach-attack from GT. What is your opinion about that?

I understand a lot of people like Michael Pachter. But do you think he jump to his prediction too fast without really understanding the gamers in general?

Edited by Manloi, 28 May 2010 - 09:38 PM.