Import Your Game Collection from IGN to CAG

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#91 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:26 PM

This may have been covered, but, the import tool seems to miss a lot of GBC games. Is there a reason for this? I've had to go in and choose a lot of them after the import.

Oh, and maybe I'm missing it, but this game is actually on GBC; not GBA. I can't find a place to submit this change myself.

EDIT: Actually, the import tool missed all of my GBC games. Granted, I only have ten of them, but still...
EDIT2: Original Game Boy games as well...

Edited by Rig, 20 June 2010 - 05:37 PM.

#92 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:31 PM

I actually had a GBC game move over (Pokemon Pinball) but not some others (Pokemon: Gold and Silver, among others). Just figured I'd throw another data point in there.

Also, since they are both using the IGN interface, any chance we might get a Wishlist import function from them? :)

SI

#93 CephalicStatic

CephalicStatic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:04 PM

I hope they get around to letting you import your collection from GameSpot. I used to use it years and years ago, but the site has a list of all of the games I owned as of 2007. I really don't want to go back and do it alllllll over again. D:

#94 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:04 PM

A couple of suggestions for the import tool:

1) When the game has suggestions: could you put the system icon next to it? As someone above noted, it can be confusing when the game with the same name was released across multiple systems. Even more confusing is when you have something with the same name released a decade or two apart (NBA Jam, Batman, etc)- you don't know which is, say, the NES version and which is the PS2 version.

2) Along with "+" to add a game, "check" to use the substitution, and "magnifying glass" to look at similar ones, could you add an "x"? This would allow us to eliminate a game on the import list that can't be handled. For instance, I imported "Pilotwings" (SNES) which it didn't recognize as IGN had it as all one word while CAG has it as two words. It was easy enough to find in CAG but it wasn't even one of my suggestions so I'd like to add and then eliminate it off of my import list as a "confused game".

SI

#95 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:26 AM

Is there a way to delete all from my collection?

#96 Jobbercho

Jobbercho

Do a barrel roll!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:35 PM

Mine has been in the processing queue for about four hours now. Is this just being really slow or am I stuck?
Edit: Over a day now. Please help?

Edited by Jobbercho, 17 July 2010 - 08:56 PM.

Posted Image

#97 somahead33

somahead33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:52 PM

I am in the same boat. I realized that my IGN name has a couple of capital letters that I didn't perform on the import tool but I can't imagine this really being an issue. Is there any way to get a reset so I can try again? I have been stuck at the processing screen for a few days now.

#98 HUYI

HUYI

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:15 PM

Mine has been in the processing queue for about four hours now. Is this just being really slow or am I stuck?
Edit: Over a day now. Please help?

i have the same problem i imported all my games from ign yesterday, how long does it take to transfer to here? i have over 1600 games i would presume that it would take a while but not sure how long or am i best doing it manually? it will take a while though lol

#99 HUYI

HUYI

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:12 AM

cheap ass gamer obviously don't care so i am moving to playfire instead, better community anyways goodbye.

#100 GF-REX

GF-REX

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:48 PM

I'm new here. I decided to try this place out since the future of IGN's lists are unknown.

Anyways, I'm also having trouble importing my list from IGN. I typed in the correct name, but it has been in the processing queue for a few hours now. Is something messed up, or is it just going extra slow?