God of War III Ultimate Edition (PS3) $59.96 + $0.97 shipping at Walmart.com

I knew there was a reason I held off, Thanks Cheapy. Now let's see if it's still there by the time I get home from work.

[quote name='Jasonlydon']But...

Can it go cheaper?

Damn, special editions are frauds.[/QUOTE]

You can't even find this anymore. Cheaper than $60? Don't think so.

On eBay it seems to go anywhere from about $60-$120.

Anyway, I wasn't really planning to get this, but now that it dropped, I feel compelled.

[quote name='DarkRider23']You can't even find this anymore. Cheaper than $60? Don't think so.[/QUOTE]

It's also $50 at Fry's B&M only its in the AD (today is the last day). I picked one up yesterday.

[quote name='CronGM']How long is this deal gonna last? I need to go make a deposit on my debit card![/QUOTE]
I think it will take the money when order ships, you might be able to place order, then get money on your card later, this probably wont ship out today anyway.

Hah... I preordered this from Walmart and they ran out and canceled my order. They sent me God of War 3 regular edition for free because of the cancellation. I find it humorous that they still have them in stock :)

[quote name='crupp']Hah... I preordered this from Walmart and they ran out and canceled my order. They sent me God of War 3 regular edition for free because of the cancellation. I find it humorous that they still have them in stock :)[/QUOTE]
They probably rounded up all the copies from the stores.

[quote name='mitnosi']I bit, ain't much coming out this month worth getting anyway.[/QUOTE]

Be sure the shipping address is mine :), that way I can get a copy if this is dead by the time I get home.

I still need to play the first two! But that's a good deal that was bound to happen sooner or later. Watch out for the ultimate edition of Halo Reach to hit this price in 2011!

[quote name='JohnDM']I still need to play the first two! But that's a good deal that was bound to happen sooner or later. Watch out for the ultimate edition of Halo Reach to hit this price in 2011![/QUOTE]
gettin it for 60 + 20 dollar game credit, halo reach that is :p

[quote name='eau']Two only? It doesn't sound like El Hoardo.[/QUOTE]
El (Cheap ass) Hoardo, I spent too much in a lowball last night

[quote name='CaoPi']Ultimate is not equal to Limited, hence not rare[/QUOTE]
Did you see the custom made box though, that = Limited, that was probably the most expensive part of the bundle plus that shipping is ridiculous for it, so they wouldn't logically create any more ultimate editions.

[quote name='CaoPi']Ultimate is not equal to Limited, hence not rare[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I follow. It isn't like Limited Editions are actually limited. They are always over produced. Ultimate/Premium/Deluxe/Special/Collector's/Limited Editions are all different terms for the same thing: Pay $10-40 more for some extra junk.

[quote name='SDC']I'm not sure I follow. It isn't like Limited Editions are actually limited. They are always over produced. Ultimate/Premium/Deluxe/Special/Collector's/Limited Editions are all different terms for the same thing: Pay $10-40 more for some extra junk.[/QUOTE]

Agreed completely. It's such flawed logic.

People like to pretend that Limited actually means something to game producers, when it can actually be stretched to essentially mean anything. Similarly, a Collector's/Ultimate/Deluxe/Premium edition can be as rare/rarer than any Limited Edition. Limited doesn't mean "produced in small quantities" even if people think it does. It literally only means "confined or restricted to a certain limit." And a limit can be anywhere from ten to tens of millions.

EVERYTHING is limited if it isn't the normal edition. Hell, you could even argue that black label games are limited editions since they stop being produced once they achieve the greatest hits/platinum hits label. Limited means nothing.

Dang. I suppose I don't regret buying it at launch, one hell of a game. This helps though, I think I'm going to pass on the Fallout: New Vegas CE in hopes that it will get a price drop months later. If not, oh well I can miss out on it I suppose.

mmmmm I guess I'll go for it since it'll only cost me 40 bucks with this Walmart coupon I have. I can always resell it or part of the contents later on eBay to make my purchase feel better since it'll only be a little while before I can get the game at 20 bucks reg edition.

Is site-to-store that bad that I should go for regular shipping? What's the big issue with it?

[quote name='Thorgouge']mmmmm I guess I'll go for it since it'll only cost me 40 bucks with this Walmart coupon I have. I can always resell it or part of the contents later on eBay to make my purchase feel better since it'll only be a little while before I can get the game at 20 bucks reg edition.

Is site-to-store that bad that I should go for regular shipping? What's the big issue with it?[/QUOTE]

For 97c got with shipping. Site to Store took about 3wks for me to get my BFBC2 and my XBL card.

[quote name='Thorgouge']
Is site-to-store that bad that I should go for regular shipping? What's the big issue with it?[/QUOTE]

Just a time issue. It'll ship slowly. Then you'll have to actually drive to the Wal-mart. Then you'll have to wait for an associate to come help you (shit you not, sometimes it takes 5-10 minutes), then wait for the associate to find your item in the stock room (which can also take a long time). Site-to-store blows.

For me, time = money. And I'll gladly take the time I save by getting it shipped to my house for only a 97 cent cost.

First, the Halo 3 Legendary edition. Now, the GOW II Ultimate. Some fairly whispers to me that I shall not get Halo Reach Legendary on day 1.

Now I'm starting to wonder if I should not cancle my Halo Reach Legendary and hold off. Thought I read at one point the statue with reach Legendary Edition would be individually numbered and that when they run out they run out. However I thought in an interview someone from the dev team of God of War 3 said that the Ultimate Edition would be individually numbered and when they were gone they were gone. I was about to pick this up at Best Buy as one of them near me has had 4 just sitting on a shelf from the day the game came out.

Thanks Cheapy thanks for causing me to spend more money that I really don't need to spend.

Anyone have any luck with a price adjustment? Their return period is 90 (!) days, whcih is coming right up and since I haven't opened my copy yet I could technically return and rebuy...

Ordered one... I want to play the game... unfortunetly, my collectible OCD doesn't allow me to buy a regular game knowing that there is a Collector's Edition out there... I know, I'm sad.

But this offer... man... God of War III Ultimate Edition for the same price as the regular game?

Sold!

bread's done
Back