Photo
- - - - -

Xbox 250GB S Int.HDD-& Wifi N-$299-Out Now|Kinect out 11/4|$199 Model and bundles

• Please log in to reply
437 replies to this topic

#331 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:20 PM

The last time I did a transfer (Dec '08) it was a bit tedious. First you copy the HDD and that takes about two hours+ (my 20GB took a little over an hour). Then you have to migrate the licenses. That process involved redownloading them individually. You are talking everyone. I had 600 or so and I have a small rhythm game library. That took about an hour. MS might have made it easier since then
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#332 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:51 PM

That comparison photo in the OP is (a little) deceptive. I finally found a set of photos showing the old and new Xbox together. The new one doesn't appear to be much, if at all, slimmer and is only a little shorter. So if you're looking to buy one of these for a more compact design, you may be a bit disappointed:

http://www.gamespot....ture/index.html

This isn't a huge deal to me, though I did hope it would be a little thinner. Oh well. Being quieter is a win, but I wonder how much quieter it is. I hope someone will get one and be able to fill us in.

Crunchewy.png

#333 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:07 PM

I put my pre-order in on Amazon an hour ago. Hopefully I'll have it by Monday.

Posted Image

#334 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:49 PM

That comparison photo in the OP is (a little) deceptive. I finally found a set of photos showing the old and new Xbox together. The new one doesn't appear to be much, if at all, slimmer and is only a little shorter. So if you're looking to buy one of these for a more compact design, you may be a bit disappointed:

This isn't a huge deal to me, though I did hope it would be a little thinner. Oh well. Being quieter is a win, but I wonder how much quieter it is. I hope someone will get one and be able to fill us in.

Changed it.
Posted Image

#335 Mindzeye82

Mindzeye82

Invite me to your game!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:11 PM

DOes anyone know if the Edge card will give you an additional credit when you trade in for the Slim?
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Mindzeye82"]Posted Image[/URL]

#336 TehMuff1nM4n

TehMuff1nM4n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:15 PM

Soooo anyone who is thinking about upgrading and wants to get rid of their old xbox send me a message.

My 360 just RROD and they refuse to replace it because it's out of the 3 year warranty. :cry:

#337 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:08 PM

DOes anyone know if the Edge card will give you an additional credit when you trade in for the Slim?

Yes

Formerly known as slickkill77

#338 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:10 PM

No. Edge only gives bonus on software and accessories.

#339 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:33 PM

Interesting....I thought it was smaller than it appears. I still want one, but I currently have an ELITE that I use often and a bedroom 60GB that is barely used. I could trade that in, but then I am out $150 bucks or so. I do have an N adapter...so maybe I will bite.

#340 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:08 AM

I sent an email to support asking about what the chances are of the new system getting the rrod after reading that it was "rrod proof" in different forums and threads. Well I got an email back.

Hello Jason,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft online support for XBOX. I am Rhian and I will be helping you today with this issue.

I understand you would like to inquire about quality of new Xbox 360 S.

Please accept our apologies about this matter.

All Xbox 360 consoles are functionally identical. Games designed for use with an Xbox 360 console will run on any Xbox 360, regardless of whether it is a core, Elite, or any other kind.

The nature of the console itself is very complex, as it's a consumer electronic product that contains more than 1,700 different components and 500 million transistors. There are obviously many things that can malfunction at any given time - but the majority of customers who own Xbox 360 consoles have had a terrific experience from their first day, and continue to, day in and day out.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

If you need to reply to this e-mail, please reply 'with history' (include any previous e-mail) or reference to Service Request Number 1133441510 so we can expedite our service to you.

Thank you for visiting Xbox.com. If you should have future questions on Xbox products or services, please be sure to revisit our Web site as we are continually adding information to enhance our service.

Best Regards,

Rhian

Microsoft XBOX Support Services

http://support.microsoft.com/

Posted Image

#341 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:19 AM

It is "rrod proof" as there are no red rings.

#342 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:38 AM

:rofl:

#343 hockeyfun66@

hockeyfun66@

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:14 AM

Doesn't mean it won't have such a high failure rate, it just means you won't know what is going on.

#344 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:16 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#345 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:46 AM

Posted Image

taken from Joystiq
Posted Image

#346 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:03 AM

thanks for the specs sheet

im tempted in actually getting this. for reasons unknown since i dont even play much as i used to. 802.11n seems so convenient and the wireless on my ps3 seems acceptable for online play. and less power with less noise seems great (but i install all my games anyway). one thing i hate is touch controls. everything i own now seems to have touch controls and they all piss me off.

should i trade my current 360 to get a slim for 120 bucks more?

#347 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:13 AM

should i trade my current 360 to get a slim for 120 bucks more?

Same question I'm having. I think my system + 120 gig gets me into $140 range. The remaining bit can be minimized with a DS Lite, which gets it to roughly $80, and even then I have a few games I could trade in.

But at this point I'm questioning why I'd bother when my system is working now, has plenty of HD space, and hardly grants me anything "new" all things considered. Two more USB ports, double HD space (mine is barely half full as it is), an optical audio port, and Kinect port. The only thing out of there that really helps is the audio port, and even then I'd have no current use for it.

I did have one of those E74 (whatever) video errors once several months ago. Maybe if I get another one I'll just up and trade it in for a shiny new slim.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#348 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:17 AM

I'm waiting for the holiday bundles. I'd like a new system, but don't see a reason other than desire to be an early adopter. It's unlikely the trade-in value will stay this high, but I'm actually giving my old one to my mom (she's old) to stream netflix.
Posted Image

#349 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:25 AM

I'm waiting for the holiday bundles. I'd like a new system, but don't see a reason other than desire to be an early adopter. It's unlikely the trade-in value will stay this high, but I'm actually giving my old one to my mom (she's old) to stream netflix.

the only reason to be an early adopter is the fact that gamestop is running a promotion. and i only see the current systems tanking in value since they are all highly prone to failure. resale value for 360s are pretty much already in the tank (trying to sell a console on CL for 100 bucks has been difficult).

also, do you really want to pay for xbox live for your mom?

#350 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:27 AM

I'm sure reddjoey will find ways to keep the XBL costs low. No one on CAG should be paying more than $20 for a year subscription, and in many cases, much lower than that. A lot of us are riding on free subs until 2013 because of that glitched promotion from a few months ago.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#351 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:39 AM

the only reason to be an early adopter is the fact that gamestop is running a promotion. and i only see the current systems tanking in value since they are all highly prone to failure. resale value for 360s are pretty much already in the tank (trying to sell a console on CL for 100 bucks has been difficult).

also, do you really want to pay for xbox live for your mom?

Like Strell said, I'll find a deal. Maybe she'll want to play Gears and pwn some n00bs.
Posted Image

#352 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:40 AM

lol, as we speak the drive on my 360 wont read disc anymore. seems to think game disc are dvds and simply wont read them at all.

looks like MS has got me again. honestly, don't know why i keep paying MS, im going on my freaking 4th console now.

wonder if i can get something of value for a broken 360

Like Strell said, I'll find a deal. Maybe she'll want to play Gears and pwn some n00bs.

as long as she isn't a dick and melee shotgun people

#353 Allnatural

Allnatural

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:51 AM

I wonder if I could trade in two systems to Gamestop? I have a Jasper I bought recently as well as a refurb sent from MS when my Falcon E74'd, with a 250GB and 20GB HDD respectively. I really have no use for the "features" of the new version, but $20 out-of-pocket is tempting. :)

#354 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:05 AM

"Ring of Light - Green Only"

Woot no more RROD =0

#355 willc23

willc23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:41 PM

Pre-order Kinect now at Amazon $149.99

http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=1000519541
Posted Image

#356 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

Amazon pushed back slim for mr to be delivered on June 23. Argg.

#357 J7.

J7.

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:14 PM

The new 360 uses the same X-Clamp on the chipset. http://www.maxconsol...ntent.php?40645

Kinect is outselling the new 360 & selling better than everything on Amazon except 12 month XBL card.

#358 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:31 PM

Amazon pushed back slim for mr to be delivered on June 23. Argg.

Same here, but I ended up canceling because of it. I'll just get it later when maybe there is a deal or something.

#359 Chuplayer

Chuplayer

Anticitizen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:44 PM

The new 360 uses the same X-Clamp on the chipset. http://www.maxconsol...ntent.php?40645

Fuck this shit. I'm modding the heck out of my 360 when I get it. And by modding the heck out of my 360 when I get it, I mean I'm going to dremel away the top of the enclosure and attach the biggest heatsink and fan combo I can possibly find.
Boycotting Digital Press for blatant anti-Semitism.

#360 MSP2008

MSP2008

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:09 PM

I have the red resident evil Xbox 360. I remember reading about how it was the least prone to the rrod. I just don't know if it's worth trading in to get the new slim.