Photo
- - - - -

Xbox 250GB S Int.HDD-& Wifi N-$299-Out Now|Kinect out 11/4|$199 Model and bundles

• Please log in to reply
437 replies to this topic

#31 mossman43

mossman43

Castlevania Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:52 AM

Kill the PS3? That was a fucking stupid comment. Why would you want the better of the two systems to die?
Proud owner of a PC Engine Duo-R with Castlevania Dracula X!!

#32 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:59 AM

And this is why I am glad I have an in-store replacement warranty with Best Buy. Just a little bit of cash to upgrade!

#33 helluvagood

helluvagood

HURRICANE VENUS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:06 AM

this new xbox looks MEAN!
Posted Image

#34 ppself

ppself

Not a girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:28 AM

I hope they announce something new to the console other than including things that we should have had from the beginning.

Only thing i can think of that could have been new is adding BLu-ray. But i think that is pretty much impossible dreaming. :P

#35 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:13 AM

Kill the PS3? That was a fucking stupid comment. Why would you want the better of the two systems to die?

:roll:

1080i is for douchebags

#36 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:25 AM

Hush now. There's a forum for you, and it's not this one.

As for the redesign, I think it'll look better from other angles, etc. Glad to hear about the built-in Wi-Fi and large HDD.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#37 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:40 AM

500$ price point!

#38 J7.

J7.

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:16 AM

So far this E3 is looking bad for MS. Those Kinect launch titles are all Wii clones, the name ain't good, and now an ugly Slim that doesn't even look slim. I was expecting a lot more since MS always seems to deliver at E3. I didn't like the PS3 slim's look either but this looks worse & just as big as the current 360. I was hoping there would not be a power brick anymore either. But as long as it is cheaper, cools better, more quiet I will be happy with it. The 250 gb & Wifi is nice. Now we'll get to see larger PS3 HDD models, those 2 SKUs they submitted to the FCC.

I saw this yesterday, I thought it was interesting to see how closely 360 is to this.
Posted Image

#39 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:24 AM

Holy hell that is one ugly ass system. But thank sweet zombie Jesus that MS finally decided to include wi-fi and an decent sized HD built in.

Now... how much does it cost and will it actually last longer than 6 months?

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#40 dallow

dallow

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:37 AM

Looks pretty damn ugly, but I'll have to see it in person.
I thought the PS3 Slim was ugly too in pics but once I saw it in person, it turned out to be quite nice.

As for Natal/Kinect.... :-/
So far, they've only shown crap software for it. And price is going to be upwards of $120... we'll see.

#41 J7.

J7.

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:38 AM

Speak of the devil, 250 gb & 500 gb PS3 with 802.11n Wifi, Move Bundle rumored to be unveiled at E3.
http://www.cheapassg...631#post7299631

Cliffy B likes what he sees from Kinect:
"I think Microsoft just took a nice step towards "entertainment" from "software."
http://www.examiner....ndustry-forward

Edited by J7., 14 June 2010 - 05:52 AM.

#42 dallow

dallow

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:03 AM

#43 J7.

J7.

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:05 AM

Official Images:
http://www.1up.com/media?id=3820476
http://www.1up.com/media?id=3820478
http://www.1up.com/media?id=3820479
They should have had the Kinect designers do the 360 redesign.

#44 J7.

J7.

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:09 AM

If that is the future of gaming please shoot me. The game play looks even more simple than Wii. Right now the best use of Kinect is that fast forwarding feature. But I don't mind using a remote if it saves me $100+

#45 Modest Oddity

Modest Oddity

You can't quit me.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:23 AM

And what happens if you stretch? Is the movie going to skip a chapter? :/

#46 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:23 AM

Damn, IGN's report from the Cirque De Soleil is pretty down on Kinect.

To say I was disappointed with Kinect would be putting it mildly. After waiting at the Galen Center for a couple of hours, other than the name, Kinect, nothing was revealed except a handful of pre-recorded demos where actors clearly pretended to control the on-screen characters (avatars) with their own body movement. At several points the avatars would move before the actors did, ruining the illusion of a real live demo of Kinect. This body-synch debacle makes Milli Vanilli's legendary lip-synch outrage look tame by comparison.

---

The Kinetic 'body-synchs' that were shown off included rafting down a river, Olympics, yoga, a mildly cool Star Wars demo where the avatar slashed enemies and reflected laser bolts, a tiger pet patting simulation and a handful of other disappointing snippets. The Kinetic camera was also shown navigating on-screen menus with cool Minority Report-style waves of your hand, as well as video conferencing.

http://games.ign.com.../1096907p1.html

And here's GiantBomb's first live video Bombcast from E3 discussing the event (and possibly some other stuff, I haven't finished it). They had the crowd wearing these weird white Poncho things in order to interact with the show. You either had a certain wristband designating you to the regular seating area, or a special wristband that designated you to the actual floor (thus letting you participate). The poncho looks pretty hilarious.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7652901

#47 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:29 AM

God that console is UGLY. It's uglier then the PS3 slim. Looks like someone hit it with a baseball bat. Then again, I can't throw stones. The Fat Princess sat on the PS3 and made it slim.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#48 atomsk

atomsk

A van down by the river

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:40 AM

The actual unit looks pretty upscale. It seems like $150 price point might be true. There are even rumors that it could go as high as $189.

[thread=85641]My Tradelist[/thread]

#49 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:41 AM

The actual unit looks pretty upscale. It seems like $150 price point might be true. There are even rumors that it could go as high as $189.

150 seems like the magic number. Though I'm wondering if it was too ambitious.... Microsoft had to cut out the ram, the extra processor that was in it. Plus the fact that it doesn't you know recognize colored people or dark clothing seems to be pretty lolz worthy.

#50 atomsk

atomsk

A van down by the river

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:44 AM

150 seems like the magic number. Though I'm wondering if it was too ambitious.... Microsoft had to cut out the ram, the extra processor that was in it. Plus the fact that it doesn't you know recognize colored people or dark clothing seems to be pretty lolz worthy.

When $150 was rumored a couple of weeks ago, the overwhelming response was negative. I wonder what people are thinking now.
[thread=85641]My Tradelist[/thread]

#51 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:45 AM

magic number? For who? Not for me, that's for sure.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#52 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:53 AM

When $150 was rumored a couple of weeks ago, the overwhelming response was negative. I wonder what people are thinking now.

I always saw AT LEAST 100 as being the bare minimum of how much this thing was going to cost with 150 being the most likely cost and 200 if they really were on that Kutarugi Juice. The only thing thing we're going to see is how spectacular this thing is going to fail. Nintendo can essentially kill this thing by lowering the price of the wii to 150 so that anyone interested in Natal will just get a Wii instead.

And what are people thinking now? The same thing I thought when I first heard they cut otu the extra ram and processor "looks like a trainwreck waiting to happen"

#53 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

VAIR-RID-DIS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:01 AM

Anyone have a guess on how much the 360 slim is going to cost? Right now I'm kicking myself for just buying the 360 spring bundle, so I might consider selling that and getting the new 360 slim.

Edited by Interstella 5555, 14 June 2010 - 04:09 PM.

#54 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:03 AM

Wii doesn't need to come down in price. Just a commercial saying for $200 you get everything you need to enjoy yourselves. With Kinect, it's $100-$200 for the device, then $200 for the 360, or $300 for a bundle if they do that.

Slim isn't coming with a price drop. I'm wondering more when it's going to come out.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#55 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:10 AM

I find great truth in this.

Posted Image

#56 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:17 AM

^:applause:

Picture courtesy of GiantBomb from the event:

Posted Image

I have no fucking clue what's going on, but it looks insane.

Bonus: Itagaki in a space poncho :lol:

Edited by Fjordson, 14 June 2010 - 07:32 AM.

#57 R1V3R5

R1V3R5

No Pussy McNeverSexes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:45 AM

I actually like the "Kinect" name. However, the average consumer will see the cost of this add-on versus the cost of buying of buying a Wii, and MS will not come out ahead in that comparison. Yes, you don't need a controller, and it might even be crazy accurate for all we know, but that doesn't negate the fact that it is going to be a very expensive peripheral that will cost almost as much as a competing console. Hmmm...
Posted Image
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
-Francois Fenelont

#58 ONESTARv2

ONESTARv2

Dreamcast Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:49 AM

wow, sure are a lot of Sony fan boys in the xbox forum. Regardless the whole motion control thing in gaming is such a gimmick, but I know it's not going away.

I don't know what I think of the redesign yet, I need more pictures, better angles, and a shot of the two consoles right next to each other. If the HDD is built in (which we all agree it should have always been) that will make one smart move. Wifi also is nice to finally have.
*The Cadillac of signatures*

#59 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:54 AM

NeoGAF is ripping MS/Kinect a new asshole...http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=398172

The amount of cynicism is too much...even for me.

I couldn't give a shit...it's not going to affect how the people on this web site, or especially on GAF, do their gaming. It's sort of funny seeing how outright angry people are getting at MS and the device.

Also, this is an exact reason of why I do not read Destructoid (or really any gaming blog...I just glance through headlines and digest info that way instead of trying to read the shit they call "games journalism") http://www.destructo...nt-176291.phtml

A shining example of why people don't take games journalism seriously.

#60 dallow

dallow

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:00 AM

Pretty much every "journo" site is saying the same thing. I don't know, the event seemed nice enough, but it really wasn't made for the gaming press.

This quote made me laugh, because I was wondering what Itagaki and Kojima must have thought of the show:

For me, the highlight of the evening was watching Ninja Gaiden creator Tomonobu Itagaki walk into the event in his white robe, taking in the scene behind his traditional sunglasses. He looked around a few times, stood quietly for a few moments and then turned around and left.