3 Months of GameFly's 2 Game Membership $44.95

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:41 AM

Stuck at home this Summer? For $44.95 (less than $0.50 a day), get three months of GameFly's 2 games out at at time rental plan. This is 15% off the normal price.

Offer not valid for existing members. After the three-month discount period, GameFly will continue to bill your payment method at the regular membership price.

Posted Image GameFly Summer Offer

Edited by CheapyD, 16 July 2010 - 08:10 AM.

#2 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:47 AM

Eh, not much point for those that live near a Gamestop (read the back of a receipt for those that have no idea)

#3 rayne117

rayne117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:52 AM

Gamefly burned me during the 1 month I had them. I sent back a game with about 15 days left in the 1st month and didn't get the email saying they received it for about 2 months.

By all means, give it a try though. Wasn't for me.

Exactly! We're not only cheap gamers, we're also asses.

"Good enough for me," I say; Life's too short to dwell on $5.

#4 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:01 AM

if the return takes more than 3 days I send a complaint (it goes from DC to PA, and very rarely do things mailed out take more than 1 day)

I'll usually get the standard wait 7 days for the return email, then send out the next games while they wait. Which is reasonable.

#5 Irreversal

Irreversal

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:12 AM

Gamefly burned me during the 1 month I had them. I sent back a game with about 15 days left in the 1st month and didn't get the email saying they received it for about 2 months.

Probably because US postal either lost or their workers stole the game you were returning. Had a problem like that and sent a complaint, pretty easy process to deal with. I liked gamefly but i hated the fact that they dont have a shipping depot in norcal/bay area.

#6 rp71284

rp71284

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:19 AM

Gamerang blows them away, even if they are a bit more expensive.

I made a list of 30 games on both sites. Gamefly had less than 1/5 as Available. Gamerang had almost 2/3. I tried renting NHL 10, and it said Low, which is pretty sad.

#7 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:24 AM

hrm i think i might try it out..

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#8 Donnums

Donnums

Great Scott!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:05 AM

As a member since last November, I can't say I have any complaints about them. Generally for me, they get my game in about 2 shipping days, and I get one back 2 days after they ship it.

Depending how long I have the game, I can get 4-6 games a month. Renting from Blockbuster at $10 each, that's $40-$60 versus my $16 a month for the one game plan. Not to mention the $5 coupon they give you every 3 months, 5% off every used game after 6 months, 10% after 12 months, and their amazing used price sales...it's worth it.

#9 jrhawk42

jrhawk42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:38 AM

Gamerang blows them away, even if they are a bit more expensive.

I made a list of 30 games on both sites. Gamefly had less than 1/5 as Available. Gamerang had almost 2/3. I tried renting NHL 10, and it said Low, which is pretty sad.

I agree it's well worth the extra price for newer releases. Sadly their website, and customer service kinda sucks. It's not like they're dishonest or rude or anything they just don't seem to have the resources gamefly does.
Posted Image

#10 UsCoMmAnDeR

UsCoMmAnDeR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:09 AM

The only way u can get games on gamefly is to have them in your q before they release. Otherwise it will take awhile.

UsCoMmAnDeR--.png

#11 Hsith

Hsith

Black Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:14 AM

The only way u can get games on gamefly is to have them in your q before they release. Otherwise it will take awhile.

This.
I'm still waiting for a copy of Split/Second that is on medium availability since release.:cry:

#12 Rollett

Rollett

For Love and Peace!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:18 AM

I tried gamefly a why ago.. but i waited most of the month to get a game.. then said screw this..

#13 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:24 AM

i can see why they are doing this... i just do psp and ds games

memberships runs the 17th to 16th

JULY
NOTHING

AUG 2 games

nothing to rent
WOOOO I STINK

#14 hpv

hpv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:48 AM

You're supposed to report it missing after 7 days. Why the hell would you wait 2 months?

#15 uglyteradon

uglyteradon

CAG-tastrophe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

Anybody know if this can be used for accounts that aren't currently being used? Or do I absolutely have to create a new one?

Ugly, like you.

#16 CountChoculitis

CountChoculitis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:55 PM

I had Gamefly for about 2 months and then quit. I am in Michigan and it would take a week (5 business days) for my game to ship back to them and then another 3-5 business days to receive another game, so I was without a game almost 2 weeks every time I finished one game.

Also don't expect to get a game you actually want. When I first started I had a queue of ten games and I got an email from Gamefly saying that none of the games in my queue were available and that I needed to add more games so they could ship one. So I had to add crap games at the bottom of my queue and those are the ones they would ship me. I never received a game that was less than 15th in my queue of games.

I e-mailed them after the first month and told them I was going to cancel because of these problems and they gave me a free month, but I still quit after the free month because nothing changed.

Luckily I found out about Family Video. If you have one in your area you can get half off game rentals for a month for $10 so with that a 5 day rental is $3 for 5 nights or about $28 a month if you were to rent every single week (which I don't do. I rent probably 3 weeks out of the month so I am paying around $19 total for the month including the half off card). I would do this over Gamefly because you can actually get a game you want to play and when you finish one you can go to the store right away and get a new game.

Netflix should get into the Game Rental biz.

#17 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:17 PM

I re-joined three months ago and everything has been going well so far. Granted I am only renting psp games; my turn around time is 1 day. I sent in dante's inferno on Saturday, they acknowledged it on Monday and I had MGS PO on Tuesday. I completed the part I needed to and sent it back that Monday and I received DOA: Paradise yesterday.

#18 GameOnJohn

GameOnJohn

No Disintegrations!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:54 PM

Gamefly is the best choice of rentals for me. There is a shipping center within 25 miles.

#19 Dynamite

Dynamite

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:48 PM

I am an avid supporter of Gamefly. I have been using it for years. They have been the best resource for me in renting and guying. With my discount new games are $45.xx You really have to learn how to work with their system. I almost always get new released. (Hint Hint) Send back a game a few days before a new release and you will usually get the new game as your next game. This has worked for me over 90% of the time.

I live in DC and my nearest facility is in Pa. It usually takes 2-3 days for them to receive and send out a game to me. I.E. they send a game out on Mon I get it Wed. I can't endorse GF enough honestly. I have just saved so much money played so many games, and massively fed my achievement whoring.

You can check my gamer score and see most of my games. I don't buy then often and I play all the new releases. But, results may very. Just my opinion on this.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:12 PM

I've always felt that they have low stocks on a lot of titles. Hence why I don't use gamefly anymore.

#21 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:57 PM

If this started in October...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:09 AM

Thanks cheapyd. I bought 3 months of membership, if i like it i may want to continue and keep it.

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#23 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:22 AM

I had Gamefly for about 2 months and then quit. I am in Michigan and it would take a week (5 business days) for my game to ship back to them and then another 3-5 business days to receive another game, so I was without a game almost 2 weeks every time I finished one game.

Also don't expect to get a game you actually want. When I first started I had a queue of ten games and I got an email from Gamefly saying that none of the games in my queue were available and that I needed to add more games so they could ship one. So I had to add crap games at the bottom of my queue and those are the ones they would ship me. I never received a game that was less than 15th in my queue of games.

I e-mailed them after the first month and told them I was going to cancel because of these problems and they gave me a free month, but I still quit after the free month because nothing changed.

Luckily I found out about Family Video. If you have one in your area you can get half off game rentals for a month for $10 so with that a 5 day rental is $3 for 5 nights or about $28 a month if you were to rent every single week (which I don't do. I rent probably 3 weeks out of the month so I am paying around $19 total for the month including the half off card). I would do this over Gamefly because you can actually get a game you want to play and when you finish one you can go to the store right away and get a new game.

Netflix should get into the Game Rental biz.

You are lucky you can find the games you want at your Family Video. I've looked at renting games from family video multiple times in the past, but everything that is a newer release (newer than 6 months) is never available. In the end, I find hunting for cheap games that I can own is the best deal.

#24 VWarrior

VWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:31 AM

This is about the time of year when many people cancel their memberships. I suspect that is the reason for this.

#25 RedGamer

RedGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:47 AM

Nevermind. Problem solved.

On that note, when a family member used GameFly before, I found the turnaround time lacking. But I'm considering giving it a chance still.. eh.

#26 rp71284

rp71284

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:15 AM

Last thing I'll say on this....

Gamefly is great, but its not the Netflix of games, not even close... nothing is though so its the best you can do for the price. Just don't expect 1-2 day turnarounds, and virtually every game in stock.

#27 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:56 AM

I agree it's well worth the extra price for newer releases. Sadly their website, and customer service kinda sucks. It's not like they're dishonest or rude or anything they just don't seem to have the resources gamefly does.

Indeed. I use GF, because their service blows away the "competition." Besides, I have no issue getting the games I want. You simply have to know how to work the system. I always make sure to have an open slot on a Monday before a big release. I've had no problem getting games like Assassin's Creed 2, Borderlands, Alan Wake, etc.

You're supposed to report it missing after 7 days. Why the hell would you wait 2 months?

Exactly. Not GF's fault.

#28 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:57 PM

In case anyone wants another opinion. I loved Gamefly when I had it. Being in the Tampa area (GF has a distribution center here), it never took more than 2 days to get a game and sometimes got them the next day. Also, I never received a PS3 game that was damaged or scratched. EVerything was pristine and the 3 used games I have bought from them are 10X better than Gamestop new/gutted copies since no one touches the boxes or manuals. They were basically mint but not wrapped.

Fuck the OP.

Wrencrest.png

#29 dominator

dominator

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:05 PM

Didn't Gamefly start a new system where if they got word from USPS that they have the game in processing, then Gamefly would send out the next game?

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#30 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:06 PM

Didn't Gamefly start a new system where if they got word from USPS that they have the game in processing, then Gamefly would send out the next game?

Yes, they dont have to have it actually at the warehouse before they send out your next game. But I found that it didnt necessarily speed anythihg up for me...but again I got most games within 2 days anyway.

Fuck the OP.

Wrencrest.png