Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Version 2.0

• Please log in to reply
1134 replies to this topic

#1111 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:45 PM

This Tuesday night game is going to make me stressed for the next 48 hours.

My championship isnt going well. I have a 45 point lead, but he has plenty of guys playing Tuesday.

#1112 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:13 AM

So...unless Akers scores 17 points + whatever Turner and Vick do, I'm advancing to my championship game. Which means a minimum of $180 with a possibility of winning $360 (plus whatever I may get from the kitty pool although that's a close race which is too close to call at this point).

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#1113 Guest_strongpimphand_*

Guest_strongpimphand_*

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:15 AM

I hate having a week like that it just makes you sick seeing all those points just riding the pine. :bomb:

I don't see Vick going over 50 in that game, I look for around 30 maybe.

By the way did you have Mike Williams Sea or TB?

Last year was one of my worst years and I got fifth place. My team was absolutely decimated by injuries.

This year the only huge injury was Gates and it hurt last week but, this week I grabbed Witten off the wire and he performed well yesterday.

SEA Mike....who ain't do diddly doo

#1114 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:24 AM

Blah my team tanked today, 2 points each from Wayne and Chris Johnson my keepers sucked all year.

One point lead going into monday/tuesday... My Matt Ryan + Maclin or Jackson vs his Vick, Colston, Longwell... Doesn't look good unless I nail the Philly big game wr, passing tds are 3 receiving 6. I'm going to flip flop between Jax Mac for the next 2 days now. ALMOST sat Wayne and just played those 2 vs the other guys Vick but the snow and Indy's need to win kept me on Wayne. It's hard not to start Wayne...

And to answer the ring question every year it's a new ring. It's cool to show other fantasy guys but i'd rather have $195 instead of something to wear to the draft 1 day a year lol. Winner gets to pick the color and whatever you want engraved on the sides. I got my team name Footaball Ben Goo.

#1115 Tony208

Tony208

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:19 AM

lawl I put Tebow in and he got me the win, thank u running QB's
Digital distribution comes with strings.

#1116 GoJays2025

GoJays2025

I like cake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:19 AM

Bah... my Pro-Bowl calibre team got reduced to dust because of injuries. Coming into the week I led the points for in the league, and my worst week was week 1, where I got 75 points.

Today... Fitz, Megatron, Boss, Tolbert, Branch, and Kitna combined for 13 points, with another 15 by the Stealers D/ST. Still have Akers and McCoy to go, but I lost the trophy this year in spectacular fashion. I'd be surprised if I crack 50 points.

Sitting on my bench? Roethlisberger and Knox for a combined 40-somthing points, F. Jones for 8 - still MUCH better than Tolbert's -2 (!), Gates, MJD, and Gore, all done because of stupid injuries.

/end rant (although not really much of a rant)

Edited by dark2025, 27 December 2010 - 01:38 AM.

Get $2 after you spend $2 on Green Man Gaming by registering with my link. Thanks! :D

#1117 dopa345

dopa345

All around nice guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:58 AM

I'm very glad I started Josh Freeman this week.

#1118 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:29 AM

Should I start Webb over Rice for Tuesday's game? Or should I try to hunt down another WR? I'm about 16 pts down, my opponent has NO D left to play. I've got McCoy and a WR (either Rice or Webb)

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1119 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:30 AM

Wow Freeman, Williams and Blount together got me 67.88 points!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1120 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:21 PM

I squeaked out a Super Bowl win this week, despite my Chargers DST getting lit up and Rivers having an off-week. Foster carried me, like he did all year, and decent games from Nicks and Zach Miller were enough to get me through. It helped that my opponent started Andre Johnson. I finished yesterday up by 1.5 points, with Colston still to go tonight. Had AJ played, it would have been close.

Should I start Webb over Rice for Tuesday's game? Or should I try to hunt down another WR? I'm about 16 pts down, my opponent has NO D left to play. I've got McCoy and a WR (either Rice or Webb)

Are there any other WRs you can hunt down at this point? I think I'd rather take my chances with one of the NO WRs than either Rice or Webb.
Posted Image

#1121 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:43 PM

Well, I have a 40 point lead. I have my K and 3 IDP left to play. My opponent has Vick, McCoy, Akers and 1 IDP. I don't like my chances.

Posted Image

#1122 maccabee72

maccabee72

Hook 'em

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:00 PM

Well, I have a 40 point lead. I have my K and 3 IDP left to play. My opponent has Vick, McCoy, Akers and 1 IDP. I don't like my chances.

Similar boat for me. Although my chances are much slimmer. I am up by 42 with Colston and 1 IDP left. My opponent has Vick, DJax, McCoy, Lance Moore, and 2 IDPs left. I was really hoping the Eagles game would be played in the blizzard. Oh well, I still get $80 for second:D
Posted Image

#1123 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:23 PM

Similar boat for me. Although my chances are much slimmer. I am up by 42 with Colston and 1 IDP left. My opponent has Vick, DJax, McCoy, Lance Moore, and 2 IDPs left. I was really hoping the Eagles game would be played in the blizzard. Oh well, I still get $80 for second:D

Seriously, those weather conditions would have helped me out big time. The game being rescheduled is going to hurt a lot of people out there this week.

Worst case scenario I get 2nd and get $125. But hey, I wanted 1st for the bragging rights as much as the money.

Posted Image

#1124 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:27 AM

looks like i'll have a 63.17 point lead heading into tomorrow night. He has Vick, McCoy, Akers and Greenway (IDP). Gonna be far too close for comfort, but I have my fingers crossed.

Posted Image

#1125 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:34 AM

Webb should start tomorrow in the place on Farve

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#1126 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:46 AM

Right now in my championship game I am up 34 but my opponent has Lesean McCoy and Adrian Peterson, and I have no one. Do you think I'm safe? Michael Turner really screwed me over....
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1127 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:30 PM

Right now in my championship game I am up 34 but my opponent has Lesean McCoy and Adrian Peterson, and I have no one. Do you think I'm safe? Michael Turner really screwed me over....

its a toss up, both those guys can score 17 points each any given week. for both our sakes i hope they dont.

Posted Image

#1128 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:27 PM

Vick the fantasy MVP hands down, every championship game seems to have him involved.

Maclin or Jackson? Every week Maclin is good he disappears for a couple weeks after. Eagles clinched playing again in a couple days maybe Jax doesn't play alot especially since they should be up most of the game and nagging foot.

I'm thinking Maclin may have more chances and maybe break the streak... Up 6 with either of those WR left vs Vick and Longwell. LOW scoring TD heavy league. I'm most likely screwed unless I hit the right WR.

Leaning Maclin for now, i've flipped all week.

#1129 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:23 PM

The Eagles epic fail last night let me win the championship last night. pretty stoked about it.

Posted Image

#1130 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:00 PM

Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks for making this a pretty successful thread the last couple years. I'll definitely start another one next year (assuming there's a season next year) Congrats to everyone who won their leagues, and good luck to anyone still playing in leagues that go right to the end.
Posted Image

#1131 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:38 AM

Figured my lineup was already set for the final week, but since Malcom Floyd has been upgraded to possible, should I switch to him against the Broncos or just stick with Knox coming off a great game and playing the Packers this week? I have no faith in Harvin even though he plays the Lions.

JStryker416.png

#1132 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:41 AM

No thanks to Johnny Knox, I win my matchup 101-84. We both picked up Tebow (we both had Vick as well but had to bench him) and that ended up being a great help to me as my other QB choice Flacco did squat. I'm now $360 richer.

JStryker416.png

#1133 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:28 AM

No thanks to Johnny Knox, I win my matchup 101-84. We both picked up Tebow (we both had Vick as well but had to bench him) and that ended up being a great help to me as my other QB choice Flacco did squat. I'm now $360 richer.

At first I was thinking your league is rather screwed up having a championship week in a potential rest your stars week but then you can own the same players as everyone else owns?? Congrats on the payday! :)

#1134 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:33 AM

At first I was thinking your league is rather screwed up having a championship week in a potential rest your stars week but then you can own the same players as everyone else owns?? Congrats on the payday! :)

Thanks, and to answer the question of how the league works, it's like this. There's 30 total teams, split into 3 divisions of 10 each. Each division has their own draft (so 3 drafts). During the season, we only play against our division so duplicate players never occur, but during the playoffs, since we then play outside of our division, the potential is there for duplicate players. One guy (who my semifinal opponent beat in the quarterfinals) had Vick, Foster, Turner, and Gates. All guys that I also owned.

It was funny though. He sent me a message during the 1pm games and thought it was weird I picked up Tebow since he also picked him up this week (we both had Vick originally). While I could've taken the chance on staying with my drafted QB of Flacco or guys like Bradford on the waiver wire, I figured I'd keep the QB position negated like what could have originally happened. Good thing I did, as Flacco only scored 1 point and some of the wire options did poorly as well from what I remember.

JStryker416.png

#1135 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks for making this a pretty successful thread the last couple years. I'll definitely start another one next year (assuming there's a season next year) Congrats to everyone who won their leagues, and good luck to anyone still playing in leagues that go right to the end.

Your welcome and thank you for doing the thread, see you next season! :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image