Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Version 2.0

[quote name='JStryke']No thanks to Johnny Knox, I win my matchup 101-84. We both picked up Tebow (we both had Vick as well but had to bench him) and that ended up being a great help to me as my other QB choice Flacco did squat. I'm now $360 richer.[/QUOTE]

At first I was thinking your league is rather screwed up having a championship week in a potential rest your stars week but then you can own the same players as everyone else owns?? Congrats on the payday! :)

[quote name='$hady']At first I was thinking your league is rather screwed up having a championship week in a potential rest your stars week but then you can own the same players as everyone else owns?? Congrats on the payday! :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, and to answer the question of how the league works, it's like this. There's 30 total teams, split into 3 divisions of 10 each. Each division has their own draft (so 3 drafts). During the season, we only play against our division so duplicate players never occur, but during the playoffs, since we then play outside of our division, the potential is there for duplicate players. One guy (who my semifinal opponent beat in the quarterfinals) had Vick, Foster, Turner, and Gates. All guys that I also owned.

It was funny though. He sent me a message during the 1pm games and thought it was weird I picked up Tebow since he also picked him up this week (we both had Vick originally). While I could've taken the chance on staying with my drafted QB of Flacco or guys like Bradford on the waiver wire, I figured I'd keep the QB position negated like what could have originally happened. Good thing I did, as Flacco only scored 1 point and some of the wire options did poorly as well from what I remember.

[quote name='Danimal']Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks for making this a pretty successful thread the last couple years. I'll definitely start another one next year (assuming there's a season next year) Congrats to everyone who won their leagues, and good luck to anyone still playing in leagues that go right to the end.[/QUOTE]

Your welcome and thank you for doing the thread, see you next season! :)

bread's done
Back