Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Version 2.0

I'd go Blount over Bradshaw, but my #2 seeded team lost in round 1 of the play-offs. Go with my old pal, Danimal, he knows his football. ;)

anyone else thinking of Starting Joe Webb in the WR spot this week even though he's a QB no one has seen play before?

My options at WR are as follows, and I need 3. Floyd being out last night hurt me bigtime.

Jennings with no Rodgers at NE
Brandon Marshall with Henne vs Buffalo
Nate Washington vs. Houston
Lance Moore at Atlanta
Johnny Knox at Vikings

or the aforementioned Joe Webb

options are not great, luckily my round 1 playoff opponent had VJax on the bench.

[quote name='Vince McMahon']I'd go Blount over Bradshaw, but my #2 seeded team lost in round 1 of the play-offs. Go with my old pal, Danimal, he knows his football. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah thanks everybody. I was leaning the same way, but it seems everytime I sit Bradshaw he goes off...

[quote name='DestroVega']anyone else thinking of Starting Joe Webb in the WR spot this week even though he's a QB no one has seen play before?

My options at WR are as follows, and I need 3. Floyd being out last night hurt me bigtime.

Jennings with no Rodgers at NE
Brandon Marshall with Henne vs Buffalo
Nate Washington vs. Houston
Lance Moore at Atlanta
Johnny Knox at Vikings

or the aforementioned Joe Webb

options are not great, luckily my round 1 playoff opponent had VJax on the bench.[/QUOTE]The way Green Bay looked last week after Rodgers went out, I think I might sit Jennings, as good as he is, and go with Marshall, Washington, and Moore. If Washington is ever going to contribute, this is the week.

[quote name='DestroVega']anyone else thinking of Starting Joe Webb in the WR spot this week even though he's a QB no one has seen play before?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Even with the Bears D knocking him around he could put up 10 points. Worst case scenario, he throws 3 picks and drops the ball and nets you 3 points - about the same Nate Washington or a Flynnified Jennings could net you. Best case? 2 TDS, 250 yds, and 40 yds rushing - which is points equal to an elite WR on a great day. This is the playoffs, you play who would give you the best chance.

[quote name='Kilraven']Absolutely. Even with the Bears D knocking him around he could put up 10 points. Worst case scenario, he throws 3 picks and drops the ball and nets you 3 points - about the same Nate Washington or a Flynnified Jennings could net you. Best case? 2 TDS, 250 yds, and 40 yds rushing - which is points equal to an elite WR on a great day. This is the playoffs, you play who would give you the best chance.[/QUOTE]

yeah man.. I have a day to sit on it. I think I almost have to play him, especially with Jennings not having Rodgers.

[quote name='Kilraven']Absolutely. Even with the Bears D knocking him around he could put up 10 points. Worst case scenario, he throws 3 picks and drops the ball and nets you 3 points - about the same Nate Washington or a Flynnified Jennings could net you. Best case? 2 TDS, 250 yds, and 40 yds rushing - which is points equal to an elite WR on a great day. This is the playoffs, you play who would give you the best chance.[/QUOTE]

I fully agree here. I'll be starting him in my 3rd WR slot this week in my league semifinal game. The upside is way too much to pass on IMO. VJax gave me some breathing room on Thursday night, so it may not matter by Monday anyway:D

Who do you guys like at TE this week: Zach Miller (Oak) or Kevin Boss?

[quote name='maccabee72']I fully agree here. I'll be starting him in my 3rd WR slot this week in my league semifinal game. The upside is way too much to pass on IMO. VJax gave me some breathing room on Thursday night, so it may not matter by Monday anyway:D

Who do you guys like at TE this week: Zach Miller (Oak) or Kevin Boss?[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna go with Boss myself. I picked up Gronkowski but, he's so unpredictable.

I can pickup Owen Daniels so this brings an interesting point:

Owen Daniels HOU or Kevin Boss NYG?

Do you guys think it would be outrageous to bench AP in favor of LeGarrette Blount? My other 2 RBs are McFadden and J-Stew so I am starting both of them.

Thinking about going Blount over AP in the flex spot.

^Hmmm, that's a tough one but, with Rodgers out and Branch being on fire the past three weeks I'd go with Branch.

[quote name='v1et r1ce']Big Ben or Cassel? (assuming he plays)[/QUOTE]

Big Ben

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Do you guys think it would be outrageous to bench AP in favor of LeGarrette Blount? My other 2 RBs are McFadden and J-Stew so I am starting both of them.

Thinking about going Blount over AP in the flex spot.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, this is a tough one cause it's all day but, most likely the bears are going to stack the box and make Jackson beat them with his arm not to mention AP is marked as questionable. Detroit is 22nd in total D but, the run D is their best area. However, Blount is a powerful runner and if they stack the box, Freeman will torch the secondary.

I'm starting him because my other choice is Woodhead. However, I just don't know if I could bench AP.

After much debate I'm going with Daniels over Boss and Gronkowski, hope my gut is right this time.

Final lineup:

QB Josh Freeman TB
WR Mike Williams TB
WR Miles Austin DAL
WR Pierre Garcon IND
RB MJD
RB LaGarette Blount TB
TE Owen Daniels HOU
K Shayne Graham NE
DEF New England

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I know, I have about 7 minutes to decide... leaning toward benching AP... advice please![/QUOTE]

Flip a coin heads AP tails Blount.

Well Adrian Peterson is riding the pine this week in favor of the running back trio of Blount, J-Stew and McFadden. *CROSSES FINGERS*

Do you guys think I mismanaged my team at all this week?

YRCfj.jpg

Looks very good, I bet you had a tough time benching Welker. Granted, unless it's the D, Kicker or Brady, it's tough to tell who is going to do the scoring for the Pat's week to week.

Yeah this was actually the first week I didn't start Welker. I'm sick of him not showing up though, and Kenny Britt seemed like a must-start against a terrible Houston secondary.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yeah this was actually the first week I didn't start Welker. I'm sick of him not showing up though, and Kenny Britt seemed like a must-start against a terrible Houston secondary.[/QUOTE]

Not in a PPR league I take it?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']PS: Vick and Jackson are killing me[/QUOTE]

I see that, my opponent happens to have Jackson.

Blount is doing well though already got 12.20! :applause:

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yeah my league is non-PPR[/QUOTE]

That makes sense then, cause he tears it up in PPR.

Hmmmm Boss and Daniels have done nothing so far.

So my keepers are due tomorrow. Just wondering who you guys think I should keep.

So far I know I'm gonna keep:
Adrian Peterson
Tony Romo
Antonio Gates

Need to pick 2 more to fill out, the potential players I can keep are:
Brandon Lloyd
Mike Williams (Sea)
Chris Ivory
Curtis Lofton
Stephen Tulloch
LaRon Landry

Right now I'm thinking M Williams and Tulloch. Or should I go with 2 offensive players and hope I can rebuild my defense through the draft? Also really like to keep Ivory considering that Pierre Thomas is a FA next season and he might be the feature back but he sounds too risky for me.

Keep it going Blount! Damn MJD has been a ghost today and thanks for finally showing up Daniels.

Edit: Should have started Boss he has 11 points now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should have started Benson over Foster. Who knew? At least MJD didn't show for my opponent. Nice to see Vick show up in the 2nd half too.

Ford is working out for me. Campbell, not so much. I'm winning my match right now, but not comfortably. There's a good chance this is going to come down to tomorrow night.

fuck the NY Giants. They cost me the playoffs. They hold the Eagles until the 4th. Next thing I know, Vick goes from 12 pts to 40 pts, Maclin goes from 6 pts to 16 pts, and my defense goes from 14 pts to 5 pts. On top of that, they continue to screw Bradshaw over with 19 carries. Thanks alot.

Alright, I need Deion Branch, Shane Graham (Pats kicker) and the Pats D to get less than 54 points and I'm off to my fantasy championship.

Thank you Michael Vick! That win is extra awesome today because you are on my fantasy team. Doublelicious.

I think I'm OK but I thought the Giants were OK with a 21 point lead and 7:00 to go... I have a 75.2 point lead right now but my opponent has Brady, Welker and the Bears D left. I've got no one. I'm still pretty nervous.

My team has the high score this week... and would be up 70+ on the team I played last week.

Unfortunately, I lost last week (as the #2 seed) to the #7 seed... sigh...

I liked my chances before the oakland game, but they're still good. I had the Ravens kicker and with his 12, figured I had a huge advantage at K this week. He had the Raiders kicker. Granted, thanks to Vick who scored 37 points (and just a little over half of my points for the week thanks to Turner / Foster / Wayne / Pettigrew doing jack shit).

Still up by 13 with New England's D and Johnny Knox (unless I decide to start Harvin) while he has Deion Branch. Good thing I played Screaming for Vegeance this week. We both had shitty weeks while everybody else is scoring 20-30 points above my team this week.

Something crazy I just noticed though. Last week, the #12 seed knocked out the #5 (top 4 had byes). This week, if Brady scores 2 points, he pulls off another impressive win and I'll have to play him next week. Good, as I didn't want to face the #1 seed (we both have Vick, Foster, Turner, Gates and he has the better WR core than I do), but bad as the #12 seed is hot as hell right now.

Well that sucked. Collie with the head injury and the Colts O grinds to a halt with me starting Manning, Collie, and Tamme. Then Bush vultures McFadden's TDs and Boldin craps the bed, season over.

I'm leading but, only by four points at the moment. I need another interception return to feel comfortable since my opponent has Forte still to play tomorrow.

For some reason, sounded from your last post that your opponent was the one that had New England's D.

And just checked the scores in my league, I'm up by 20 with 4 minutes to go and I still have Knox left (he has nobody after this game). So a minimum of $70 for me and next week I try and make it $180 when I play the red hot #12 seed. Looking at the other matchups though, the #1, #3, and #4 seeds all lost this week. So net week, we have a #2 (me), #12, and two seeds somewhere around 8 or so.

It was looking pretty bleak for me for a while today, but I think I have a good chance of pulling it out. After Rivers and the Chargers D got me off to a 46-0 start on Thursday, I got nothing from Arian Foster, Zach Miller, and Dan Carpenter (actually got -2 from Carpenter) Fortunately, my opponent's team tanked even harder. MJD and Hillis didn't give him much, and Tony Gonzales and the Steelers D gave him even less. At the moment, I'm up 28 with only Jay Cutler left to play for him, and no one for me. As long as the Monday Night game doesn't become a crazy shootout, I should be OK.

Well I'm up by 9.63 as long as Forte doesn't get more than that tomorrow I'll be ready to play the guy who has beat me by a combined 100 points this year. :whistle2:(

Despite Bowe, Branch and Foster combining for less than 15 points, I have a 30 point lead heading into tomorrow. The only problem is my opponent has Peterson and I have Forte. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'm in the finals! I crushed my opponent this week 124.9 - 68.1 and unless the Bears D scores about 60 points I'm in the clear. I also won the week AGAIN for the 6th time out of 15 weeks so far (we get $10 for best score of the week) so I've got at least $60 coming to me from that and $100 next week (if I finish second). No matter what I've made $110 this season! I think my chances are pretty good next week too.

bread's done
Back