Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Version 2.0

I need Bears D to score between 14 and 15 points to bail me out in 2 leagues. Any higher or lower will cause me to lose in one of the leagues o.o

While it ended up not mattering, funny how I fretted earlier in the week about Harvin / Knox. They had basically the same night.

So I'm officially in the finals. I'm really hoping my team can pull through. The guy I'm playing finished 4th overall but he had the second most points (after me) for the year. Should be a good game...

I'm looking forward to my championship. It's gonna be the #1 and #2 (me) seed teams. That's the first time that's ever happened in our league. Also, he won it all last year and I won it all 2 years ago, so our league will see the first repeat champion.

I beat him in the regular season, so I'm pretty confident going into the game. I just purged my IDP and K for guys playing on Monday night, because I had nobody playing on Monday. I don't know about you guys, but I hate not having anyone play on Monday. Now I'll go into Monday knowing that I'm going to win or have a chance to.

I missed the Super Bowl by .12 points, that feels worse than getting blown out by 47 points. :(

However, I was expected a slug fest since the last match-up I had with this person I won by only 3 points.

Good luck to everyone in the Super Bowl or second round of the playoffs!

I get to play for third place this week yippie! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn - that is AWFUL. Did you have a good week too or did both teams underperform? It would be even worse if your team put up good numbers. One week this season I scored 135 points (100 is usually good enough to win) and I was 25 points clear of everyone else for the week EXCEPT the guy I played. Totally sucked because that one game kept me in second place all season until the last 2 weeks.

[quote name='javeryh']Damn - that is AWFUL. Did you have a good week too or did both teams underperform? It would be even worse if your team put up good numbers. One week this season I scored 135 points (100 is usually good enough to win) and I was 25 points clear of everyone else for the week EXCEPT the guy I played. Totally sucked because that one game kept me in second place all season until the last 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Well we both had pretty good weeks, the final score was 95.16 to 95.05 and both our teams only had a few under performers.

His team was:

Peyton Manning who slightly underperformed to only getting 18.16
DeSean Jackson who slightly over performed at 11.80
Brandon Marshall who had a great day with 14.60
Kenny Britt who over performed with 12.80
Arian Foster who was practically a ghost with 6.10
Matt Forte who slightly over performed with 9.80
Dustin Keller who didn't do much with 1.90
Neil Rackers who slightly under performed with 8.00
New Jersey Defense which over performed with 12.00

My Team was:

Josh Freeman who slightly under performed with 14.95
Mike Williams who had an amazing day with 15.60
Pierre Garcon who under performed with just 4.40
Miles Austin who over slightly over performed with 9.80
MJD who was a ghost with 6.80
LeGarrette Blount who had a good day with 17.00
Owen Daniels who under performed with 4.50
Shayne Graham who under performed with 7.00
New England Defense who performed well with 15.00

So, basically he only had four under performers and I had five.

He had Manningham on the bench and I had Boss, Cutler, and Woodhead so, we certainly missed those points. :bomb:

The first time I played this guy I was very lucky to win because most of my guys underperformed but, it was the week Manning had one of his worst fantasy weeks ever when they played Kansas City.

Gates, Austin and the Atlanta Defense saved me that week.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']that sucks. i know i always feel 10 times worse when i lose a close game as opposed to being blown out.[/QUOTE]

I know it's funny how that goes, I think it's just you come so close just to lose because one of your guys couldn't run a few more yards. Whereas if you get blown out you usually know right away. This time it went down to fourth quarter last night.

Well Im in the finals for my friends league. In the money league for work, place 7 and 8 will be facing off for 1st and 2nd. I thought that was ironic

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I know it's funny how that goes, I think it's just you come so close just to lose because one of your guys couldn't run a few more yards. Whereas if you get blown out you usually know right away. This time it went down to fourth quarter last night.[/QUOTE]

yeah - it's even worse when you watch the games and you realize that if it wasn't for some BS holding penalty that negated the 5 yard run your RB had you would have won. Seriously - losing by 0.12 means that if ANY player got 2 more yards you would have won. Brutal.

[quote name='javeryh']yeah - it's even worse when you watch the games and you realize that if it wasn't for some BS holding penalty that negated the 5 yard run your RB had you would have won. Seriously - losing by 0.12 means that if ANY player got 2 more yards you would have won. Brutal.[/QUOTE]

Exactly it's just BRUTAL! :bomb:

I think I'm pretty set on who I'm going to go with in my Super Bowl, but I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Which 2 at RB?: Foster, SJax, Mendenhall

Which 2 at WR?: Colston, Nicks, Wallace

Which TE?: Miller (OAK), Dreessen, Hernandez

Which DST?: San Diego (at CIN), Miami (vs. DET)

Thanks guys, and good luck to everyone still playing!

[quote name='Danimal']I think I'm pretty set on who I'm going to go with in my Super Bowl, but I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Which 2 at RB?: Foster, SJax, Mendenhall

Which 2 at WR?: Colston, Nicks, Wallace

Which TE?: Miller (OAK), Dreessen, Hernandez

Which DST?: San Diego (at CIN), Miami (vs. DET)

Thanks guys, and good luck to everyone still playing![/QUOTE]
Nice team...

I'd say Foster and Mendenhall for your RBs, Colston and Nicks as your WRs (I think PIT might be running a lot in this game). TE... I dunno... Hernandez. D/ST: San Diego - No TO over at CIN, and it's not like they can do much offensively anyway.

I'm in the finals as well and I wanted some second opinions on my team.

Which QB? Kitna @ARI, Flacco @CLE, Roethlisberger vs CAR

Which one for my flex? Tolbert @CIN, F. Jones @ARI, D. Branch @BUF, Lynch @TB

[quote name='dark2025']

I'm in the finals as well and I wanted some second opinions on my team.

Which QB? Kitna @ARI, Flacco @CLE, Roethlisberger vs CAR

Which one for my flex? Tolbert @CIN, F. Jones @ARI, D. Branch @BUF[/QUOTE]

All 3 choices look good at QB, I'd say Kitna though (crazy right). I'm starting Big Ben tonight to kick off my championship, but that's because he's my only choice.

So trying to win this week to go to the finals and need to pick 2 WRs.

Reggie Wayne (Oak), Malcom Floyd (Cincy), Johnny Knox (Jets), Percy Harvin (Eagles)

Leaning Wayne / Floyd, but Wayne has to put up with what's his name (I burnt my hand a minute ago so forgive me I don't remember his name) and Floyd is questionable last I read. For my backup option, I'd prefer Knox, but I dunno.

[quote name='JStryke']So trying to win this week to go to the finals and need to pick 2 WRs.

Reggie Wayne (Oak), Malcom Floyd (Cincy), Johnny Knox (Jets), Percy Harvin (Eagles)

Leaning Wayne / Floyd, but Wayne has to put up with what's his name (I burnt my hand a minute ago so forgive me I don't remember his name) and Floyd is questionable last I read. For my backup option, I'd prefer Knox, but I dunno.[/QUOTE]

Aso is going to play against Wayne looks like, they kept talking early week he was out but Wayne is a must play every week. Floyd is supposed to be out.... Joe Webb at QB so i'd go Knox and a real QB.

I'm defending my title as well in my keeper league. Facing the guy who's beat me twice already this year.

What does the class say: Maclin or DeSean Jackson? Had Jax in my lineup all week GUARANTEE whoever I sit blows up, they have all year.. Feeling pretty good about my game today, this guy hit the jackpot when Kolb went down and he received dumbest trade in the 6 year history of the KEEPER league: the guy with Brady traded Megatron/Bradshaw for Moss/Forte the week before he got traded. He talked shit for a week thinking he was brilliant.

Falcons TQB
C. Johnson
A. Foster
Wayne
Jax
Witten (8)
Chargers
Kaeding

vs

Eagles TQB
Charles
Green-Ellis
Calvin J
Colston
Lloyd
Cowboys (3)
Longwell

More fantasy nerd than you!
Last years prize:

LOL champion gets $195 Jostens ring plus $5. Regular season 1,2,3 get $$$ as well. I'd rather have all money but yea I joined a few years into the league..

MANNINGHAM VS GB
KNOX VS NYJ
MIKE WILLIAMS VS TB

.....I think i'm ridding with Man, but I just want confirmation that I'm not crazy. I think the Jets are going to be fired up and I think SEA has no damn QB right now.....

(I also have Forte on the bench for the same reason. Rex ain't going to lose today....it's going to be an ass whoopin'!!!)

[quote name='$hady']Aso is going to play against Wayne looks like, they kept talking early week he was out but Wayne is a must play every week. Floyd is supposed to be out.... Joe Webb at QB so i'd go Knox and a real QB.

I'm defending my title as well in my keeper league. Facing the guy who's beat me twice already this year.

What does the class say: Maclin or DeSean Jackson? Had Jax in my lineup all week GUARANTEE whoever I sit blows up, they have all year.. Feeling pretty good about my game today, this guy hit the jackpot when Kolb went down and he received dumbest trade in the 6 year history of the KEEPER league: the guy with Brady traded Megatron/Bradshaw for Moss/Forte the week before he got traded. He talked shit for a week thinking he was brilliant.

Falcons TQB
C. Johnson
A. Foster
Wayne
Jax
Witten (8)
Chargers
Kaeding

vs

Eagles TQB
Charles
Green-Ellis
Calvin J
Colston
Lloyd
Cowboys (3)
Longwell

More fantasy nerd than you!
Last years prize:

LOL champion gets $195 Jostens ring plus $5. Regular season 1,2,3 get $$$ as well. I'd rather have all money but yea I joined a few years into the league..

[/QUOTE]

Is a new ring handed out each year? Regardless, that is bad ass

[quote name='strongpimphand']MANNINGHAM VS GB
KNOX VS NYJ
MIKE WILLIAMS VS TB

.....I think i'm ridding with Man, but I just want confirmation that I'm not crazy. I think the Jets are going to be fired up and I think SEA has no damn QB right now.....

(I also have Forte on the bench for the same reason. Rex ain't going to lose today....it's going to be an ass whoopin'!!!)[/QUOTE]

Wait do you have Mike Williams TB or SEA? If Williams TB I would start him because he plays very well at home. Manningham could have another performance like last week but, I wouldn't count on that. If you have Williams Sea then definitely start Manningham.

This is my final lineup of the season:

Josh Freeman TB QB
Miles Austin Dal WR (got me 16 last night)
Steve Johnson BUF WR
Mike Williams TB WR
LaGarette Blunt TB RB
Danny Woodhead NE WR/RB ( because MJD is out I went back and forth between him and Marshawn Lynch hope my gut is right).
Jason Witten Dal (picked up off waivers earlier this week got me 10 last night)
Shayne Graham NE K
New England DEF

Thank goodness the person I'm playing squad is hot trash (he somehow upset the #1 team last week in our playoffs...and the #1 team has like 130 points already so far today!)

Between Forte, Knox, and Gould....I left nearly 50 points on the bench!!!

...and still wining by 20+ with only Vick and a kicker left on his team and Brees/McCoy on mine

[quote name='strongpimphand']Thank goodness the person I'm playing squad is hot trash (he somehow upset the #1 team last week in our playoffs...and the #1 team has like 130 points already so far today!)

Between Forte, Knox, and Gould....I left nearly 50 points on the bench!!!

...and still wining by 20+ with only Vick and a kicker left on his team and Brees/McCoy on mine[/QUOTE]

Lol he must have caught him on the right week.

Did you end up starting Manningham?

The only smart thing I've done so far it seems.....

Because my damn bench is almost outscoring my starters....but yet I've built such a big lead that Vick would literally have to get roughly 50+ points to beat me (all my opponents playmakers didn't do shit this week!)

....Time to throw another 1 man party....because my team will win yet another fantasy football league!!! (and the best part...2/3 times winning since my roommate felt he could win against me in a league)

[quote name='strongpimphand']The only smart thing I've done so far it seems.....

Because my damn bench is almost outscoring my starters....but yet I've built such a big lead that Vick would literally have to get roughly 50+ points to beat me (all my opponents playmakers didn't do shit this week!)[/QUOTE]

I hate having a week like that it just makes you sick seeing all those points just riding the pine. :bomb:

I don't see Vick going over 50 in that game, I look for around 30 maybe.

By the way did you have Mike Williams Sea or TB?

Last year was one of my worst years and I got fifth place. My team was absolutely decimated by injuries.

This year the only huge injury was Gates and it hurt last week but, this week I grabbed Witten off the wire and he performed well yesterday.

This Tuesday night game is going to make me stressed for the next 48 hours.

My championship isnt going well. I have a 45 point lead, but he has plenty of guys playing Tuesday.

So...unless Akers scores 17 points + whatever Turner and Vick do, I'm advancing to my championship game. Which means a minimum of $180 with a possibility of winning $360 (plus whatever I may get from the kitty pool although that's a close race which is too close to call at this point).

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I hate having a week like that it just makes you sick seeing all those points just riding the pine. :bomb:

I don't see Vick going over 50 in that game, I look for around 30 maybe.

By the way did you have Mike Williams Sea or TB?

Last year was one of my worst years and I got fifth place. My team was absolutely decimated by injuries.

This year the only huge injury was Gates and it hurt last week but, this week I grabbed Witten off the wire and he performed well yesterday.[/QUOTE]
SEA Mike....who ain't do diddly doo

Blah my team tanked today, 2 points each from Wayne and Chris Johnson my keepers sucked all year.

One point lead going into monday/tuesday... My Matt Ryan + Maclin or Jackson vs his Vick, Colston, Longwell... Doesn't look good unless I nail the Philly big game wr, passing tds are 3 receiving 6. I'm going to flip flop between Jax Mac for the next 2 days now. ALMOST sat Wayne and just played those 2 vs the other guys Vick but the snow and Indy's need to win kept me on Wayne. It's hard not to start Wayne...

And to answer the ring question every year it's a new ring. It's cool to show other fantasy guys but i'd rather have $195 instead of something to wear to the draft 1 day a year lol. Winner gets to pick the color and whatever you want engraved on the sides. I got my team name Footaball Ben Goo.

Bah... my Pro-Bowl calibre team got reduced to dust because of injuries. Coming into the week I led the points for in the league, and my worst week was week 1, where I got 75 points.

Today... Fitz, Megatron, Boss, Tolbert, Branch, and Kitna combined for 13 points, with another 15 by the Stealers D/ST. Still have Akers and McCoy to go, but I lost the trophy this year in spectacular fashion. I'd be surprised if I crack 50 points.

Sitting on my bench? Roethlisberger and Knox for a combined 40-somthing points, F. Jones for 8 - still MUCH better than Tolbert's -2 (!), Gates, MJD, and Gore, all done because of stupid injuries.

/end rant (although not really much of a rant)

Should I start Webb over Rice for Tuesday's game? Or should I try to hunt down another WR? I'm about 16 pts down, my opponent has NO D left to play. I've got McCoy and a WR (either Rice or Webb)

I squeaked out a Super Bowl win this week, despite my Chargers DST getting lit up and Rivers having an off-week. Foster carried me, like he did all year, and decent games from Nicks and Zach Miller were enough to get me through. It helped that my opponent started Andre Johnson. I finished yesterday up by 1.5 points, with Colston still to go tonight. Had AJ played, it would have been close.

[quote name='kube00']Should I start Webb over Rice for Tuesday's game? Or should I try to hunt down another WR? I'm about 16 pts down, my opponent has NO D left to play. I've got McCoy and a WR (either Rice or Webb)[/QUOTE]Are there any other WRs you can hunt down at this point? I think I'd rather take my chances with one of the NO WRs than either Rice or Webb.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']Well, I have a 40 point lead. I have my K and 3 IDP left to play. My opponent has Vick, McCoy, Akers and 1 IDP. I don't like my chances.[/QUOTE]

Similar boat for me. Although my chances are much slimmer. I am up by 42 with Colston and 1 IDP left. My opponent has Vick, DJax, McCoy, Lance Moore, and 2 IDPs left. I was really hoping the Eagles game would be played in the blizzard. Oh well, I still get $80 for second:D

[quote name='maccabee72']Similar boat for me. Although my chances are much slimmer. I am up by 42 with Colston and 1 IDP left. My opponent has Vick, DJax, McCoy, Lance Moore, and 2 IDPs left. I was really hoping the Eagles game would be played in the blizzard. Oh well, I still get $80 for second:D[/QUOTE]

Seriously, those weather conditions would have helped me out big time. The game being rescheduled is going to hurt a lot of people out there this week.

Worst case scenario I get 2nd and get $125. But hey, I wanted 1st for the bragging rights as much as the money.

looks like i'll have a 63.17 point lead heading into tomorrow night. He has Vick, McCoy, Akers and Greenway (IDP). Gonna be far too close for comfort, but I have my fingers crossed.

Right now in my championship game I am up 34 but my opponent has Lesean McCoy and Adrian Peterson, and I have no one. Do you think I'm safe? Michael Turner really screwed me over....

[quote name='gbpackers94']Right now in my championship game I am up 34 but my opponent has Lesean McCoy and Adrian Peterson, and I have no one. Do you think I'm safe? Michael Turner really screwed me over....[/QUOTE]

its a toss up, both those guys can score 17 points each any given week. for both our sakes i hope they dont.

Vick the fantasy MVP hands down, every championship game seems to have him involved.

Maclin or Jackson? Every week Maclin is good he disappears for a couple weeks after. Eagles clinched playing again in a couple days maybe Jax doesn't play alot especially since they should be up most of the game and nagging foot.

I'm thinking Maclin may have more chances and maybe break the streak... Up 6 with either of those WR left vs Vick and Longwell. LOW scoring TD heavy league. I'm most likely screwed unless I hit the right WR.

Leaning Maclin for now, i've flipped all week.

Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks for making this a pretty successful thread the last couple years. I'll definitely start another one next year (assuming there's a season next year) Congrats to everyone who won their leagues, and good luck to anyone still playing in leagues that go right to the end.

Figured my lineup was already set for the final week, but since Malcom Floyd has been upgraded to possible, should I switch to him against the Broncos or just stick with Knox coming off a great game and playing the Packers this week? I have no faith in Harvin even though he plays the Lions.

No thanks to Johnny Knox, I win my matchup 101-84. We both picked up Tebow (we both had Vick as well but had to bench him) and that ended up being a great help to me as my other QB choice Flacco did squat. I'm now $360 richer.

bread's done
Back