Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Version 2.0

[quote name='lordopus99']Silly people thinking Vincent Jackson would explode after being gone for almost a season. Left without a catch :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:[/QUOTE]

he was injured. its not like he was shut down all game. not to mention rivers sucked in general, no SD receiver had a good game.

that being said, hes on my bench until further notice. Forte is getting the start this week, 2 straight weeks of double digit games and playing Detroit.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA'] not to mention rivers sucked in general[/QUOTE] Fantasy wise, sure. Real world, he was more than fine.

No sense slinging it around to a gimped receiving corps when his defense & running game were kicking Indy's ass.

A double douching by injuries this week. Fantastic.

I'd be pissed about Gore's injury likely screwing me out of the playoffs but if he's out for the season I wouldn't win anyway.

For this week PPR league can start 2 out of the three WRs
Mario Manningham NYG playing WAS
Santonio Holmes NYJ playing NE
Steve Johnson BUF playing MIN

Any advice?

[quote name='Lexicon']For this week PPR league can start 2 out of the three WRs
Mario Manningham NYG playing WAS
Santonio Holmes NYJ playing NE
Steve Johnson BUF playing MIN

Any advice?[/QUOTE] Johnson & Manningham

I picked up Westbrook and Gerhart since Gore is out for the season and AP looks to be out this week. Hope he's not done for the season as well as that will be a huge loss for my team (pretty much locked into 4th place for the 6-team playoff).

Sucks for my opponent this week that had Gore. He would've beat me had he not got injured. And to make matters worse, I picked up Westbrook before he did! He ended up picking up Brandon Jackson, lol!

I lost when Gore went down and now my season may be over. I'm in second place but I lost Gore and Nicks in the past 2 weeks. I put in a waiver claim for Westbrook for $50 which is 1/4 of our season budget but I need him to stay competitive.

I clinched a playoff birth with a win this week in my main league. I was able to pick up Westbrook, so hopefully Gore being out doesn't hurt me too much. Next week I guess Forte is going to be my RB2 instead of Gore. So I have to choose a flex between Westbrook, Jackson (SD) and Branch (NE). Not sure who I should roll with...

In my minor league I also squeaked out a win and my brother lost. So that means the winner of my game next week will get the last spot in the playoffs, we are both 6-6. I put in a waiver claim for Westbrook in that league as well, so it'd be a big boost if I can get him since RBs are one of my weakest spots in that league.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']I clinched a playoff birth with a win this week in my main league. I was able to pick up Westbrook, so hopefully Gore being out doesn't hurt me too much. Next week I guess Forte is going to be my RB2 instead of Gore. So I have to choose a flex between Westbrook, Jackson (SD) and Branch (NE). Not sure who I should roll with...

In my minor league I also squeaked out a win and my brother lost. So that means the winner of my game next week will get the last spot in the playoffs, we are both 6-6. I put in a waiver claim for Westbrook in that league as well, so it'd be a big boost if I can get him since RBs are one of my weakest spots in that league.[/QUOTE]

Check what SF's matchup is next week. If it's run friendly (like Arizona or Carolina), Westbrook is a good play.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Check what SF's matchup is next week. If it's run friendly (like Arizona or Carolina), Westbrook is a good play.[/QUOTE]

San Fran is AT Green Bay.

So, in short, that is not overly run friendly at all. Coming off of a loss, needing to stay competitive in the NFC North, at home, the Pack will be fired up. Starting Westbrook would make sense if you need to, but if you can avoid it, I would.

Also - I saw this morning that Vincent Jackson is likely out. So your best bet by default might be Deion Branch.

[quote name='chimpster1313']

Also - I saw this morning that Vincent Jackson is likely out. So your best bet by default might be Deion Branch.[/QUOTE]

Yup, Jackson is out 2 weeks it looks like. Plus Westbrook might be splitting carries with Dixon... Branch might get in there by default. I'll have to check the waiver wire, but there's probably not anyone out there that's any better.

Edit, Ricky Williams was on the waivers, so I picked him up. So it will be between Williams and Branch for my flex spot.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']Yup, Jackson is out 2 weeks it looks like. Plus Westbrook might be splitting carries with Dixon... Branch might get in there by default. I'll have to check the waiver wire, but there's probably not anyone out there that's any better.

Edit, Ricky Williams was on the waivers, so I picked him up. So it will be between Williams and Branch for my flex spot.[/QUOTE]

Dolphins play my Browns in Miami. I have a feeling there will be a lot more passing by the Dolphins because the Browns defensive front is pretty decent (although they do give up big plays because of missed tackles), but the secondary is ATROCIOUS.

Ok I have a ton of options this week, so I figured I would ask for some help.

I can play 2 WR, 2 RB and 1 WR/RB. My options are:

WR:
Roddy White (@TB)
Miles Austin (@Ind)
Steve Johnson (@Min)
Michael Crabtree (@GB)

RB:
Rashard Mendenhall (@Bal)
Ray Rice (vs. Pit)
Reggie Bush (@Cin)
Knowshon Moreno (@KC)
Joseph Addai (vs. Dal, but unlikely to play)

Too many good choices! Pretty much set on benching Crabtree and Addai, but the rest are up in the air. Any thoughts?

[quote name='bcoakiot']Ok I have a ton of options this week, so I figured I would ask for some help.

I can play 2 WR, 2 RB and 1 WR/RB. My options are:

WR:
Roddy White (@TB)
Miles Austin (@Ind)
Steve Johnson (@Min)
Michael Crabtree (@GB)

RB:
Rashard Mendenhall (@Bal)
Ray Rice (vs. Pit)
Reggie Bush (@Cin)
Knowshon Moreno (@KC)
Joseph Addai (vs. Dal, but unlikely to play)

Too many good choices! Pretty much set on benching Crabtree and Addai, but the rest are up in the air. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I'd go Austin and Johnson for WR 1, 2 and Mendenhall, Rice, and Moreno as RB 1,2,Flex.

Got the newsletter for my money league this morning. I already have a playoff spot clinched. If I win, I get a first round bye so only need to win to get to the money round (if I didn't have the bye, I'd need to win twice). If I lose, I'm not so sure. If "Tap That Pass" loses as well, I hold the tie breaker over him, but for the other two teams in the equation, it gets messy. "Former WHAGers" if he gets a win (I play him this week), we'd be 1-1 against each other and not sure what the tiebreakers are off hand. If "Your Mother" gets a win, I don't clinch the division as he beat myself and Tap That Pass. (Doesn't mean I can't get a bye as top wildcard, but I don't feel like trying to figure that out).

Gonna have to make some moves before next week though. Dropped Ricky Williams for Brian Westbrook (not like I'll ever start him, but prevents others from getting him), and I may make a change at WR. Also going to swap kickers and maybe defenses if there's a better one there since Nick Folk and New England have been mediocre at best.

I am debating though. Should I drop Cedric Benson? I can only start 2 RBs and almost always start Turner and Foster. I would like to keep a 3rd, and looking at schedules quickly, Westbrook may be the better 3rd back instead of Benson.

I have a few:
1. Rivers or Vick
2. PICK 3- TO, DeSean Jackson, Jabar Gaffney, Hines Ward, or Davone Bess
3. Thomas Jones or Darren Sproles
4. Steve Smith or Nate Washington
5. Tony Scheffler or Heath Miller
6. Peyton Manning or Vick
7. Garrard or Eli Manning
Thanks.

[quote name='gbpackers94']I have a few:
1. Rivers or Vick
2. PICK 3- TO, DeSean Jackson, Jabar Gaffney, Hines Ward, or Davone Bess
3. Thomas Jones or Darren Sproles
4. Steve Smith or Nate Washington
5. Tony Scheffler or Heath Miller
6. Peyton Manning or Vick
7. Garrard or Eli Manning
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

From here on out, I think Vick is a must start over anyone. He's the only one that isn't throwing INTs (yes, he threw one against the Bears) and the best shot of running one in (which means you won't have to share. Rivers, while playing like a beast, doesn't give you those rushing yards and TDs. Peyton is just playing like shit right now. What was it, 7 interceptions in the last 3 games?
2. TO, Bess (until Marshall comes back, or Henne is out again), and DeSean (though his contract antics have me concerned).
3. Jones
4. Washington. Though there's got to be better on the wire. Ford, Obomau (sp?), Armstrong, Avant, anybody that doesn't have Rusty Davis throwing to them.
5. Heath Miller. With Hill done for the season, I suspect Scheffler is too.

[quote name='TheRock88']Who should I start?

Mike Goodson vs Seahawks
or
Brian Westbrook vs Packers[/QUOTE]

That's tough, but I think Goodson is the must start right now - until Westbrook shows something against the Pack and Dixon won't steal the show.

[quote name='TheRock88']Who should I start?

Mike Goodson vs Seahawks
or
Brian Westbrook vs Packers[/QUOTE]

Not to mention Westbrook hasn't practiced all week. Even if he does play there's a good chance that he'll be splitting carries with Dixon this week.

It might be a long shot but see if Pierre Thomas is on waivers, he may finally be back this week.

My opponent is in for a shock when he checks the score, I'm up 76.78 (standard league) and it's only Friday. Thanks to Vick, Arian Foster, and Shady McCoy!

So I have a problem. Have to work most of sunday so can't actually check my team when I'll need to since I have some questionable guys this week.

WR (start two) - Reggie Wayne, Percy Harvin, or Johnny Knox? (leaning Wayne and Knox)
TE - Gates or Pettigrew?

[quote name='JStryke']So I have a problem. Have to work most of sunday so can't actually check my team when I'll need to since I have some questionable guys this week.

WR (start two) - Reggie Wayne, Percy Harvin, or Johnny Knox? (leaning Wayne and Knox)
TE - Gates or Pettigrew?[/QUOTE]I'd go Wayne and Knox at WR, although Wayne is a bit scary because he didn't practice on Friday and is listed as questionable. I think he'll play, though. Harvin has been missing practices all week with migraines. He might still play, too, but there's much more upside with Wayne right now.

If you're not going to be around to make last-minute lineup changes, I'd go with the safer option at TE, Pettigrew. It sounds like Gates is going to be a game-time decision.

Thanks. That's kind of what I thought on the TE situation as well. Able to keep an eye on it until about 8, but that's not nearly enough. And even if Harvin does play, he's been a bust ever since Rice came back.

[quote name='kube00']For D
New Orleans' defense or Seattle's Defense? Seattle is playing Carolina[/QUOTE]I'd go with the Saints. Jonathan Stewart is back and had a nice game last week. Seattle is weak against the run, so Stewart and Goodson could have big games. Meanwhile, Darren Sharper is back for the Saints, and the Bengals are a turnover machine (25) and have been struggling offensively themselves.

Guys, a buddy of mine needs to win this week to make the playoffs and he asked me about who he should start at RB. I gave him my advice, but told him I'd see if I could get him some more opinions, too. So, which 2 RB's would you start?

Knowshon Moreno @ KC
Fred Jackson @ MIN
Brandon Jacobs vs. WAS

[quote name='Danimal']Knowshon Moreno @ KC
Fred Jackson @ MIN
Brandon Jacobs vs. WAS
[/QUOTE]

After last week, Fred Jackson is a must start from here on out. I'd also lean more towards Jacobs as the second, KC can stop the run.

[quote name='Don Chubo']Aaron Rodgers or Matt Cassel?

Percy Harvin or Brian Hartline?[/QUOTE]

Rodgers and - if he's healthy gametime - Harvin.

[quote name='Kilraven']After last week, Fred Jackson is a must start from here on out. I'd also lean more towards Jacobs as the second, KC can stop the run.

Rodgers and - if he's healthy gametime - Harvin.[/QUOTE]

Rodgers definately, The Packers run game is already abysmal, and the 49er run D is the only thing that's been going for them this year, they'll go to the air often.

At the last moment, I pulled Brees and finally let Orton start

Cot...DAMN

Should have started Gates, but didn't matter since I had Wayne, Foster, and Vick. First round bye in the playoffs, here I come.

Unless Shonn Greene has the best fantasy game in fantasy football history, I move to 13-0 as the postseason begins, although this game is 1 of 3 in the league this year that has been, uh, barely contested. So I may be undefeated, but I've had a few lame ducks. I've competed in a lot of games, though.

Total craziness... Start the season 2-4... since then have won 6 straight (going on 7 as I am leading and he has no one going).

It seems my team covers each other just well. This week Orton does nothing yet Jennings, Bradshaw, and NY Defense account for 67 of my points.

Damn... talk about a crazy season for me. Started 1-6 and have won out the rest of the season to go 7-6 and make the playoffs by the skin of my nose. Sad thing is, this week I was playing the #1 team in our league who also happens to be our league manager. I was excited to see that I was hanging with him at half time of the morning games when all of a sudden I see that his point total jumped up 10 points inexplicably. It took me a minute to figure out what happened, but I finally realized he changed his QB at halftime from Cutler --> Palmer cause Cutler only had 4.5 points!! I texted him and called him out on it and he switched it back, but now it makes me wonder how many other games he's won this season because of that. :bomb:

[quote name='Warner1281']Damn... talk about a crazy season for me. Started 1-6 and have won out the rest of the season to go 7-6 and make the playoffs by the skin of my nose. Sad thing is, this week I was playing the #1 team in our league who also happens to be our league manager. I was excited to see that I was hanging with him at half time of the morning games when all of a sudden I see that his point total jumped up 10 points inexplicably. It took me a minute to figure out what happened, but I finally realized he changed his QB at halftime from Cutler --> Palmer cause Cutler only had 4.5 points!! I texted him and called him out on it and he switched it back, but now it makes me wonder how many other games he's won this season because of that. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

That's the ultimate dick move. Was this league for money?

bah. Bowe's egg will most likely cost me a game this week in my main league. That will drop me from the #1 seed to the #2 seed. I have a chance to win still, but it's a long shot.

In my minor league, it looks like my run is over. I'll need a miracle to win this week, which means I won't make the playoffs in that league. Oh well.

My season's been pretty crazy. I started out in the basement, going 0-3. And my first 2 wins were against people with the same record as me at the time, so it wasn't that big of an accomplishment. However, those wins definitely jumpstarted my team, since I'm now 8-4.

So anyway, I am currently about 1.5 points ahead of my opponent. He's playing Welker tonight, I got Ben Green and Aaron Hernandez. What are the chances I win this one? If I do, I get a nice bye week....

Simple question.

Week 14, Playoffs Round 1, I am the 1 seed and undefeated, taking on the 8 seed.

Both my QB's have decent matchups. Orton at Arizona, JAAAAAAAAAASH Freeman at Washington. Who should I start?

Alright, 2 questions, actually. Should I pick up Cleveland's D for a favorable matchup at Buffalo OR keep Oakland's D in a matchup at Jacksonville?

Man, I hope Gates plays again this week. fucking Cutler, I finally start him this week despite going with Freeman since mid October and he does shit. Despite, Cutler doing practically nothing and forgetting to start a defense, I still won thanks to Hartley, Gates, and MJD.

The fantasy gods hate me. I started 8-1 and now I'm 8-5 and I'm probably not going to win again. I've lost Gore, Nicks and Clark and my team is a mess.

My loss this week has knocked me down to the 2nd seed. Unless there's a big upset against the #1 seed that's where I'm going to stay. I'm currently 10-3 and the 3rd seed is a guy that beat me twice during the regular season. Our two teams are the #1 (me) and #2 (him) scoring teams in the league. Gonna be a big game.

After losing they week by only a few points, I've dropped Eli Manning. Can't believe I started him over Brady the last 2 weeks due to matchups.

I go in as the 4th seed in a 6-team playoff, taking on the 5th seed who has beaten my twice this season. I have favorable matchups however so I'm hoping 3rd time is the charm.

This might hurt my chances of winning my league. Was checking out the other teams that made the playoffs. Thankfully, this guy won his division (I also won mine) so if we face each other, it won't be until the money round somewhere. HOWEVER, we both have Vick, Foster, Turner, and Gates so I have to rely on my WRs of which we start 2 to beat his (along with K and Def which is such a crapshoot).

My WRs: Reggie Wayne, Malcom Floyd, Percy Harvin, Johnny Knox.

His WRs: Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Terrel Owens, Hines Ward

im kind of torn about who to start this week and im wondering if you guys can help me out. here is my entire team:
QB: Eli Manning, Joe Flacco (pick 1)
WR: Terrell Owens, Pierre Garcon, Larry Fitz, Lee Evans (pick 2)
RB: Cedric Benson, Christopher Ivory, Reggie Bush, Tashard Choice, Joseph Addai (he is out)(pick 2)
TE: Vernon Davis, Tony Moeaki (pick 1 but i will most likely go with davis.)
And also choose one of the above for my flex spot.

Thanks for the help!

bread's done
Back