[DEAD] Save ~50% on Select FUNimation S.A.V.E. Releases @ Amazon.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
Refer to here for any additional questions and notes in regards to S.A.V.E. releases. Note: some of the cover arts shown on Amazon.com are not accurate, see table for more information.

Promotion ends on 9/20/10.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody that can tell me some review or opinions on some of these: Pumpkin Scissors, Magikano, Moeyo Ken, Solty Rei, 009-1, Str.A.In.?

Other recommendations anyone?

(By the way, there are more than the one mentioned in the Op. Either make a search for S.A.V.E of Amazon or something, but I saw a couple that were reduced in price as well, probably wasn't 50% off, but might be some good deals there)

Edit: Read some reviews of some of these online. Will keep my money for now since I just bought Negima! Box Set, [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Jyu-Oh-Sei, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Blassreiter Part 1, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Nabari No Ou[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Part 1, and [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Kaze No Stigma Parts 1 & 2 for $10 each, enough to last me a while. [/SIZE][/FONT]Pumpkin Scissors and 009-1 are still tempting though.

Add these to the list

Venus Vs. Virus --- $8.49
Suzuka -$9.99
UFO Ultramaident Valkerie season 3 and 4 set----$9.49
School Rumble 1st season---$13.99

[quote name='wormraper']Add these to the list

Venus Vs. Virus --- $8.49
Suzuka -$9.99
UFO Ultramaident Valkerie season 3 and 4 set----$9.49
School Rumble 1st season---$13.99[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure what's happening here, but those titles should be showing up on the first post. I will see if I can get it working.

[quote name='nightmare452'](By the way, there are more than the one mentioned in the Op. Either make a search for S.A.V.E of Amazon or something, but I saw a couple that were reduced in price as well, probably wasn't 50% off, but might be some good deals there)[/QUOTE]
I'm have only listed releases that are at about 50% off (with the exception of Rumbling Heart: 45% off).

[quote name='WTK']I'm not sure what's happening here, but those titles should be showing up on the first post. I will see if I can get it working. EDIT: it should work now, it was a missing parentheses that caused the trouble.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I noticed some had been listed twice and didn't match the one you posted on DVDtalk. anyways, thanks so much for the post. Always love the ridiculous prices that the S.A.V.E. editions on sale go for :D

i will most likely pick up count of monte cristo! seems really good based on some reviews. how long does this offer last? is it permanent?

Yeargh, I was trying to stop buying anything until A Certain Magical Index, but dangit I need that UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie to complete the collection... I can't just leave it at two out of four seasons! Also, Solty Rei is above average in my opinion, and a bit twisty in a good way.

I liked Air so I'm tempted to own it, but people are saying the show Kanon is similar to it, so I'm tempted to check that out too...

caved in and snagged Air TV for the wife. Thinking of Mongolian Chop squad but not sure since I'm not a big fan of music drama's, but I've nothing but good about it. *sigh

[quote name='G-Nitro']I own all but 3 of those series. Beck is the only one I don't own that I would be interested in.[/QUOTE]

I have Beck collecting dust since I bought it on the Funimation random bag sale. Are you first in line on Goozex? (I have it on hold)

[quote name='nightmare452']I have Beck collecting dust since I bought it on the Funimation random bag sale. Are you first in line on Goozex? (I have it on hold)[/QUOTE]

I am first in line for the S.A.V.E edition of Beck. :D

Huh, I think I have to finally bite on the Suzuka set at only 9.99, despite a backlog since the last S.A.V.E. discounts on amazon.

[quote name='Rob26Smith']are these save collections any good? why so cheap?[/QUOTE]

It's funimation's value line. Basically no special features but trailers and slimmed down packaging. I've got like 50% off all the S.A.V.E. editions out there. Same quality as funi's regular stuff and for a hell of a lot less.

[quote name='wormraper']It's funimation's value line. Basically no special features but trailers and slimmed down packaging. I've got like 50% off all the S.A.V.E. editions out there. Same quality as funi's regular stuff and for a hell of a lot less.[/QUOTE]

That's not exactly true about the special features. Some releases still retain their extras, but because other S.A.V.E. collections are merely repackaged Viridian Collection discs that *did* have their extras removed, some are missing extras as well.

I was going to get Air, but...I just couldn't afford it...I cannot get through Kanon so I prob was right about not getting Air, I ended up getting both School Rumbles and Gankutsuou. I have had my share of big bulky anime boxes so these save bundles come as a godsend to me. I would love to get rid of some of my anime bulky boxes but...

[quote name='fairyland']Bought the Hell Girl and Suzuka. I really don't know much about either, but the reviews seem great.[/QUOTE]

Really? Suzuka got bad reviews and deserved them. It's not even worth $9.99. Total POS

[quote name='slfc']Really? Suzuka got bad reviews and deserved them. It's not even worth $9.99. Total POS[/QUOTE]
...At least the opening and ending are good.

On Suzuka, I bought it based on the mostly positive amazon reviews. It's Video Girl Ai like, complex and very character-driven. Looking elsewhere, I see mixed reviews, but I still fee that I made a good decision based on what I like and what is said. Half of the series on the list I would like, but I got mixed feelings about, so I took the two I felt the strongest about.

Heck yeah, I may be able to talk my wife into Air and possibly galaxy railways(even though review are ugh) May go for Pumpkin Scissors...beck? Never thought about it..any good?

Air might appeal to you even if Kanon didn't, because the character personalities are different between the 2.

Pumpkin Scissors is really boring in that there isn't very much action and there's pretty much nothing that incites any thinking or intellect.

I enjoyed Beck, but I think Air was more emotional (therefore I think Air is better).

I use this site to check up on what anime I might like http://myanimelist.net/ . Use their search function to look up the anime.

[quote name='killa5k7']Heck yeah, I may be able to talk my wife into Air and possibly galaxy railways(even though review are ugh) May go for Pumpkin Scissors...beck? Never thought about it..any good?[/QUOTE]

Buying Pumpkin Scissors is akin to lighting your money on fire. Beck, on the other hand, is phenomenal.

I bought 10 of the series that were listed on the 1st page. Some of the series I already have on DVD so it might have been more if I didn't already have them. Yeah, I agree from one of the previous posts that Suzuka isn't worth watching. You will probably like it if you like being aggravated by characters in a anime series. Although the series looked great, I thought Aquarion was cheesy and kind of boring. Gankutsuou is one of my favorite anime series probably because the Count of Monte Cristo is one of my favorite books as well. I actually like Kanon more than I liked Air because I liked the characters more and also it is a longer series.

[quote name='kk012']Is Hell Girl any good?[/QUOTE]

It's not awful, but it's not good either. I think "repetitive" is a good word to describe it. And unintentionally silly at times.

I suggest Beck, Gankutsuou, School Rumble, or Kanon as a far-superior alternative.

[quote name='Rob26Smith']i youtubed aquarion and it looked good. i picked up a copy. anybody see it? is it good?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have, and no, it isn't. Completely generic and derivative.

Got my package unusually fast, like 5 days with the free shipping. I'm used to waiting about 2 weeks from Amazon with free shipping. Watched two episodes of Suzuka and it's more like Love Hina than Video Girl Ai. Watched 5 eps of Hell Girl and it is very repetitive indeed. It's not an anime you can sit for the entire day and watch all the eps, which is what I normally do. Both are good enough, but nothing mind blowingly great.

I'm thinking of picking Str.A.In and Solty Rei, but I'm hoping back due to lack of funds and series knowledge. I have the first single of Solty Rei, I should really watch it before this sale ends...

I recieved my purchaes yesterday...Very unusually fast for free shipping amazon-style. I love School Rumble, it takes a lot to make me laugh and it succeeded in the first episode. I was going to pick up Negima. Is it good? I hear good things but you never know. This round I have Beck in my cart and was tempted to pick up Moonphase this go around..too many choices..please guys, I need support!

bread's done
Back