Asperagers quiz

[quote name='2DMention']
Does that mean I have it?[/QUOTE]

That means you fail at quiz-taking. :lol:

They said I am "very likely neurotypical," meaning I don't have it.

poly12c.php

very likely neruotypical

poly12c.php

My little brother was diagnosed with it, actually, as well. He used to fly off the handle if you would move the letter magnets on the fridge or move number blocks he had and such. He's gotten better, but still has some problems. I've seen him maybe two dozen times in eight years..

oh shoot. i didn't download the detailed report. didn't realize it was a quick download.

ehh well my family thinks I'm more autistic anyway.

Ouch !! I guess I suck at socializing stuff

Your Aspie score: 128 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 85 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

poly12c.php

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']wait so when it told me there is a good chance I have Asperger's Syndrome does that mean I really do , or is all this non sense.[/QUOTE]

It's complete bullshit.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']wait so when it told me there is a good chance I have Asperger's Syndrome does that mean I really do , or is all this non sense.[/QUOTE]

It means there is a good chance but the only way you can be diagnosed is by a medical doctor. The answers you gave match up pretty well with the answers that people with aspergers would give, i.e. you share many of the same traits with those who have it.

[quote name='J7.']It means there is a good chance but the only way you can be diagnosed is by a medical doctor. The answers you gave match up pretty well with the answers that people with aspergers would give, i.e. you share many of the same traits with those who have it.[/QUOTE]

Good chance?

• 28. Do you feel stress, panic or have a brain malfunction in unfamiliar or demanding situations? (Aspie-score correlation: .63), inter-correlation: .43 [tl;dr: Do you get stressed in demanding situations?]
  • 31. Is it harder for you to make it on your own, than it seems to be for most others of your age? (Aspie-score correlation: .60), inter-correlation: .40 [tl;dr: Do you live in the real world where shit ain't always stacked in your favor?]
  • 81. Do you tend to feel get nervous, shy, confused and/or like you don't fit in, in various social situations? (Aspie-score correlation: .61), inter-correlation: .40 [tl;dr: When your girlfriend fucked your dog and admitted it at your 24th birthday party, did you feel a bit out of place?]
Nearly all of the questions on that site can be explained away easily. I wouldn't get worried by anything some random quiz tells you.

Or maybe I'm an aspie because I don't like the skanks on reality TV and I'm just in denial.
[Do you have an alternative view of what is attractive in the opposite sex? (aspie-score correlation: .52) ]

it's like when I was in the hospital ICU and these students came in an evaluated me and told me they thought something was wrong with my lung capacity or something. sure it's possible they're right but they're not doctors. Same here. this isn't a joke or anything but it's not official.

Yeah, agreed. I wouldn't take the results to seriously. I mean if you're way over on the Aspie side it may be worth getting checked out by a professional I suppose. But I doubt this quiz is all that accurate.

It's not going to diagnose you, but it's not a bunch of random questions. If you answered honestly and got a high score on their asperger's scale (especially if you actually feel like you have problems), there's no reason why you shouldn't see a doctor.

If you didn't answer honestly or you haven't had any problems socializing and getting through life normally then you're probably fine.

I don't have asperger's. I think one of my good friends does though, for half of these questions I just thought of him.

poly12c.php

Your Aspie score: 78 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 136 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Good chance?

Nearly all of the questions on that site can be explained away easily. I wouldn't get worried by anything some random quiz tells you.

Or maybe I'm an aspie because I don't like the skanks on reality TV and I'm just in denial.[/QUOTE]

These are the same types of questions (or highly likely literally the same) doctors use to screen people for aspergers. The reason there are so many questions is because some of them would be explained away easily for each person, but taken as a whole it would be more likely they would not all be explained away and the results would point in the correct direction. After the screening if you pointed toward having aspergers, they would run more thorough examinations.

I was expecting a much bigger shift over to the right. Some of the questions are dead on. (Do you have trouble manipulating small objects? Tying shoes, threading needle, etc). I can easily go days w/o engaging in any sort of social conversation if need be. Alot of things that I answered 1 for (thiniking, it's not that big of deal) are things that would have meant more to me 15-20 years ago in my teens. My son's autistic, and there are quite a few cousins who are autistic/aspergers.

poly12c.php

[quote name='dmaul1114']Your Aspie score: 17 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 187 of 200

poly12c.php
[/QUOTE]

Got almost the same exact thing. Same score as you.

[quote name='bmachine']Where's ManaKnight? He needs to take this.[/QUOTE]hahaha

but for real we kinda mix up stuff like aspergers vs autism unless you know somebody

[quote name='J7.']These are the same types of questions (or highly likely literally the same) doctors use to screen people for aspergers. The reason there are so many questions is because some of them would be explained away easily for each person, but taken as a whole it would be more likely they would not all be explained away and the results would point in the correct direction. After the screening if you pointed toward having aspergers, they would run more thorough examinations.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no doctor would take a questionnaire like this and make a diagnosis based purely on it. There are factors that could influence how you answer the question as simple as lack of self-awareness (like you don't realize you sway back and forth as much as you do). It'd take an actual face-to-face meeting with a doctor, which would allow them to look for some of the more visible symptoms of Asperger's (lack of eye contact, etc.), to be able to make a solid determination.

I think it says a lot that I'm more interested in the shape of the lines than the actual results. :rofl: @ the cat.

poly12c.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Your Aspie score: 116 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 83 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits
poly12c.php

:whistle2:s:whistle2:k
No clue what any of this means.

[quote name='guinaevere']

:whistle2:s:whistle2:k
No clue what any of this means.[/QUOTE]

I had a brief conversation with someone in the field who claims many people incorrectly think they are (or self-diagnose as) high functioning aspies, in reality, they just suffer from social anxiety disorder.

Many of those traits/symptoms in this "test" overlap, even sharing some of the physical symptoms like an aversion to eye-contact.

Despite sharing many of the same symptoms the causes are quite different.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I had a brief conversation with someone in the field who claims many people incorrectly think they are (or self-diagnose as) high functioning aspies, in reality, they just suffer from social anxiety disorder.[/quote]Interesting.

I have always had trouble in certain social scenarios, most notably crowds and crowded environments. If I wasn't cheering on the field or in the gym, I would always have to sit out pep rallies at school, I couldn't handle being packed in the bleachers with a million other kids. These days, I'm a little better at pro and semi pro games, but when I can, I do way better in a suite or even in season tickets. With season tickets, just having the same seats each time helped a lot in keeping me from having anxiety problems.

We seem to have had anxiety and depression issues in my family (my younger brother suffers the worst from it, with extreme bipolar 1, GAD and SAD to the point where even on his medications, he still can't go out too much. But thank GOD, he's SOOOO much better now with medication. He used to not be able to go out at all. Poor guy has been a recluse almost all of his 28 years.

Many of those traits/symptoms in this "test" overlap, even sharing some of the physical symptoms like an aversion to eye-contact.

Despite sharing many of the same symptoms the causes are quite different.
Thanks for the info, h3llbringer.

What's ironic is that while my score seemed to lean toward aspergers (I don't believe for a minute I have it), people have told me over the years that I'm the perfect personality. Apparently I'm good one on one, in meetings, classes, socially, et cetera.

(Good
doesn't mean comfortable, though. Which is prolly why it amuses people if they tap me on the shoulder or someone is suddenly loud, I jump or tense up noticeably or clap my hands over my ears, or whatever.)

poly12c.php

Your Aspie score: 90 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 118 of 200

Hmmm.. I'm not surprised.

This almost makes me feel better.

One of the ?s that stood out for me was to the effect of: "Do you always know how to behave in social situations?"

Made me think of a passive-aggressive comment a co-worker made to me today. I didn't know how to interpret, or how to react it. That made me think of that question.

I think a lot of socializing has more to do with experience. If you're a good-looking guy or gal, people will be drawn to you, and want to talk to you, so you'll have more social experience. You'll know how to react/what to say, etc.

Also, if you're an only child, I think that makes you more likely to be aspie (or at least socially awkward) because you had/have less opportunity to be around people closer to your age when you were young.

Your Aspie score: 42 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 165 of 200

poly12c.php

I have a friend who has aspergers -he sort of self-diagnosed many years ago but has since been to several doctors and therapists and such. I've lost touch with him a bit but he seems to be doing fine with it.

I too seem to be more interested in the shapes of the results - I'm definitely a visual person! Cats and stars and elephants and birds - maybe a rhinoceros...

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I had a brief conversation with someone in the field who claims many people incorrectly think they are (or self-diagnose as) high functioning aspies, in reality, they just suffer from social anxiety disorder.

Despite sharing many of the same symptoms the causes are quite different.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't stop at SAD, there are quite a few disorders with overlap.

[quote name='seanr1221']It doesn't stop at SAD, there are quite a few disorders with overlap.[/QUOTE]
Oh I agree.

He was just saying that, specifically in his experience, Soc. Anxiety Dis. (which is easily treated) was the most often confused by those who incorrectly self-diagnose as being aspies. FWIW, SAD generally refers to seasonal affective disorder (AKA holiday blues) which is something else entirely.

I know, but I was abbreviating it like GAD. ;)

Unfortunately, the huge increase in autism is likely due to this. Most people don't understand and it brings out all the crazies blaming vaccinations and such as the cause.

I'm very familiar with Asperger's. I ended up getting:
poly12c.php

Your Aspie score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 47 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Just because I was bored and curious, I took this bullshit quiz.

Your Aspie score: 48 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 158 of 200

poly12c.php

I took it as well (mainly because of TMK's blog).

Your Aspie score: 23 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 179 of 200

poly12c.php

Interesting... What I should do is have my wife answer the questions for me, though, and see if it comes out any differently ;). I can think of a few that she might have answered differently for me than I did.

Your Aspie score: 21 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 180 of 200

poly12c.php

According to the detailed report, my more Aspie tendencies mostly revolved around being absorbed in special interests and wanting to be left alone, as well as the lost in daydreaming and laying awake at night with too many thoughts. Some of that might have to do with having a family of 7 though. I cherish time by myself ;).

Seems about right.
Your Aspie score: 80 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 109 of 200

poly12c.php

Your Aspie score: 29 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 186 of 200

poly12c.php
poly12c.php

I'm typical