Photo
- - - - -

Official NHL 11 CAG Team - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Nights Tue @ 10e / Fri @ 8e

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2159 replies to this topic

#31 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:07 PM

HA HA HA HA! Man those bring back some Good memories. Is anybody up for playing tonight? Seriously, I will rent it if anybody wants to get a game going tonight only, and maybe sunday night as well.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#32 Magicking610

Magicking610

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:13 PM

You know guys, now that last week has been brought up a couple times to me, I finally forced myself to think about it. Alright, it's not the first time I've fought you guys, but it was the farthest I've ever gone. I'm sorry that I offended you guys, and I hope it's not too late to try to put it behind us and minimize the impact from it.

I don't really expect any of you to care, and I don't blame you, but don't let it affect the way we play tonight. If you want to bitch at me, do it after the games, not in the middle when I can't leave.
Posted Image

#33 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:54 PM

So, who is playing tonight's final NHL 10 game? Gary Russell want's to make an appearance and send off before he goes to the new arena Monday Night/ Tuesday Morning

Vulcan7905.png

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#34 Magicking610

Magicking610

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:59 PM

I'll be there. Come on boys, let's end this year on a high note!
Posted Image

#35 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:04 PM

So, who is playing tonight's final NHL 10 game? Gary Russell want's to make an appearance and send off before he goes to the new arena Monday Night/ Tuesday Morning

Ooh...this excites me! Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. This is our last official NHL 10 CAG Hockey Night (well, unless the EA servers get overloaded on Tuesday and crash...which isn't unheard of). It will be pretty crazy switching to 11 and feeling like everybody is moving at half speed though. Going from a legend card, 86 speed guy in 10 to a Amateur card, 70 speed guy in 11 is going to SUCK, haha.

#36 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:18 PM

Sounds like The Band is getting back together! SWEET!

Vulcan7905.png

#37 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:06 AM

So in the final night in the CAG arena, Gary Russell scored 2 slap shot goals near the blue, went 1/1 in fighting and had 15 penalty minutes!! Good night I would say!!

Vulcan7905.png

#38 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:03 AM

And made lots of references to male genitals!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#39 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:15 PM

Yeah, I had a pretty good time last night. The only distinction I think needs to be made is playing for shits and giggles vs. playing to win. I know we all enjoy joking around and talking about different stuff, but if it starts to take away from the focus of playing hockey, you have to question why you're playing. I mean, we could all play Uno and do the same thing.

I think a lot of it comes with experience though. And over the past couple weeks, we've had several people come back to the game after not having played in a long time, so it wasn't a big deal. But that's why I hope with NHL 11, having two nights a week will have people playing more often. I can say for me, with as many OTP games as I've played, just goofing off for 4 hours two nights a week won't hold my interest very long. I hope everybody else has this same desire to be a good team as well.

#40 Gillums

Gillums

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:21 PM

Good to be back

#13 | Gillums| Gillums| Jay Gillums | Center/Left Wing

#41 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:57 PM

Probably didn't help that I was running on four hours of sleep either in a 24 hour period. :/

Vulcan7905.png

#42 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:29 PM

Yeah, I had a pretty good time last night. The only distinction I think needs to be made is playing for shits and giggles vs. playing to win. I know we all enjoy joking around and talking about different stuff, but if it starts to take away from the focus of playing hockey, you have to question why you're playing. I mean, we could all play Uno and do the same thing.

I think a lot of it comes with experience though. And over the past couple weeks, we've had several people come back to the game after not having played in a long time, so it wasn't a big deal. But that's why I hope with NHL 11, having two nights a week will have people playing more often. I can say for me, with as many OTP games as I've played, just goofing off for 4 hours two nights a week won't hold my interest very long. I hope everybody else has this same desire to be a good team as well.

Yeah, as I said, I only got on to play because I had a shitty day and figured talking to/playing with you guys would cheer me up. I know I sucked, especially after doing pretty well the night before.

Posted Image

#43 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:31 AM

No, don't feel bad at all guys. Last night was just the final NHL 10 hockey night, and I know people are getting reacquainted with the game, and it's not like our record matters anyway. So, just playing and having a good time was great. I just really think we can make a run for at least one of the Amateur division banners if we try to take things seriously in NHL 11.

I know Alan and myself put in a lot of time in NHL 10 learning how to defend cheap tactics that other teams use, and for the most part, we did learn how to stop them (my favorite moments were when we made glitching teams quit...there's really not a more satisfying feeling playing the game than that). So, with 11, if more people take things seriously and learn how to shut teams down, I guarantee we win at least 60% of our games.

I see a lot of skill in pretty much every person that plays with the CAG team, and there's really nobody who flat out "sucks". It's just a matter of keeping your skills sharp and being able to adjust to how the other team is playing. I'm excited about the new game. It will put everybody back to square one and give everyone a chance to start fresh...but with 2 years of OTP experience under their belts. We can make some good things happen.

#44 azngtlman

azngtlman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:08 AM

New to the league, as I mentioned in the demo thread I play a lot with my wife online vs. Now we have to adjust to OTP.

We'll try to make it on Friday nights as much as possible but with both of us working we don't get home until half the hockey night is over... and with a toddler at home it'll be tough. We'd like to jump in whenever we're available and a spot needs to be filled.

#5 | azngtlman | MsStinkyBotoms | *undecided* | Anything but Goalie

#45 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:31 AM

Captain Obvious says he's going to try to join us on Tuesday. :) Oh, and Venom, if anyone knows him from the Madden league. Well, Gary knows him from our days at another forum.

This fuckin' demo, guys... I love it, but I can't get past the semifinals of the Ultimate Team tournament. I have to restart the tournament, then my players' contracts expire, then I have to exit the mode and remake *team name censored so no one takes it*. I just want that bonus card pack for the full game.

azngtlman, I am in California as well, so I am available to play later than some people who are in other time zones. I'd be glad to team up with you, and I'm sure other will be on later, especially for the first week (probably more than 1 week, but there is that one game coming out on the 14th... something Reach, I think).

Posted Image

#46 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:41 PM

Guys, I've joked with some of you about how I could make a ton of money filling in for the guy who used to be in Boyz II Men who does the spoken word interlude parts, as long as no one saw what I looked like. Now, I'm listening to some of heir music right now, and I thought about that.

Does this not sound similar to my voice? First 3 lines spoken, and then interlude at 3:36:

Posted Image

#47 iambeaker

iambeaker

Right Wing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:59 PM

Guys, I haven't played much Online Team Play, but I would like to play (or try to play as Fridays are my "real" hockey league night")

#41/iambeaker/iambeaker/*Undecided...Not Sure/RW or RD

#48 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:42 AM

I just remembered a piece of conversation that came up when Alan (moojuiced), Magicking, and myself were playing last night. Magic was wondering why my shots always seem to hit him in the ass as he stands in front of the net. This is what followed:

Magicking: "Well, why don't I turn around and you can hit me in the nuts?"
n8rocker82: "That sounds good."
Magicking: "But we won't win if you hit me in the nuts."
In swoops Alan, not missing a beat
moojuiced: "We ALL win if he hits you in the nuts."
n8rocker82: *fighting back laughter* "Yeah, Darwin wins if I hit you in the nuts."
Magicking: "Ahhhh...dammit!"

LOL, I had to share that because that makes me laugh again even now. Magic set it on a tee for him, and Alan knocked it out of the park. Well played, sir. Well played, indeed.

And yes, Matt, you sound exactly like Michael McCrary. It's even funnier now that I listen to that actually thinking about it, haha.

#49 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:07 PM

^hilarious.

but if Magic wants to deflect shots, you kind of have to be moving slowly towards the net or sort of stand sideways, that's what works for me anyway.

Wish the game was out today!

What was going on in OTP Friday night? just a bunch of goofing around?

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#50 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:47 PM

Well, when Matt got in, yeah. We pretty much just goofed around. Nate and Alan were quiet and Magic just quit. We must have disrupted everybody. Damn you Matt for turning me on to your Voice! Wait, what?

Vulcan7905.png

#51 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:51 PM

hahaha I played the demo twice again today and wish I were playing the actual game.. AHHH!

#52 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:26 PM

Well, when Matt got in, yeah. We pretty much just goofed around. Nate and Alan were quiet and Magic just quit. We must have disrupted everybody. Damn you Matt for turning me on to your Voice! Wait, what?

No, it wasn't that bad. It was just like I said, people coming back to the game who haven't played a lot lately. Destro had the same thing happen with him the week before. He realized his data had been deleted and he had to use an amateur BAP, which was rough when you're going up against people with their Legend cards.

Basically, Destro, we went 1-9...and it's been a long time since me, Alan, and Magic took that kind of beating. Hopefully with 11, that feeling becomes foreign to the rest of the team as well.

#53 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:10 PM

yeah, that last time I played was rough as hell.

I think with the new game we can really do some things. looking forward to getting after it!

#54 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:11 PM

No, it wasn't that bad. It was just like I said, people coming back to the game who haven't played a lot lately. Destro had the same thing happen with him the week before. He realized his data had been deleted and he had to use an amateur BAP, which was rough when you're going up against people with their Legend cards.

Basically, Destro, we went 1-9...and it's been a long time since me, Alan, and Magic took that kind of beating. Hopefully with 11, that feeling becomes foreign to the rest of the team as well.

Now I feel like the weak link. Damn me! DAMN ME!

But on a side note, 8 hours and I'll be on the road to BAP, hopefully getting better gear. Did they put up the gear yet on live?

Vulcan7905.png

#55 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:12 PM

Now I feel like the weak link. Damn me! DAMN ME!

But on a side note, 8 hours and I'll be on the road to BAP, hopefully getting better gear. Did they put up the gear yet on live?

Nah, it looks like the only thing up is the demo still. I've had my Bauer pack code for a few days now but have been afraid to try it in case something fucks up and I have to go through the process of getting another one (I can only imagine the headache dealing with MS and GS). I'm guessing they'll put everything up tonight in the midnight - 3 AM range.

As for the CAG team, the common link between Alan, Magic, and myself getting better and being able to win more often than in the past is that we've all played over 500 games of OTP. It's not really that we're better than everybody. We just put in a crap ton of hours to learn how to stop the bullshit that people throw at you online. Once you spend enough time doing it, it becomes second nature. I'd love to see at least 6 people on the team with over 500 games this year. With that, there's no way we won't improve.

Hell, I'm pumped that everybody wants to get better. That's awesome! I want to see that fucking banner animation dammit! lol :)

#56 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:32 PM

With time, we all develop a chemistry. I know that Nate and I have played enough games together where when I have the puck as a Dman, he knows when to break in a direction on the breakout, and I can hit him with a ridiculously angled pass knowing that he will be there. This helps us be less predictable and gain easier access to the offensive zone. It's generally not something that can be "figured out" in a few games.

#57 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:20 PM

#69 | SeanAmI | S3anami| Homestar Runner | The Batman Position

#58 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:20 AM

Yes!

Posted Image

#59 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:21 AM

I hate this Gamestop. First they told me, it's 100% we will be having a midnight release. I Call today and the kid and manager both said they changed there minds cause there wasn't enough Pre-Orders. I mean sure, I can wake up in the morning and get it and rent another game at Blockbuster while I'm at it, but still. Pisses me off when they lie to me.

Vulcan7905.png

#60 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:01 AM

I got mine early, can't wait for some CAG action.