Official NHL 11 CAG Team - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Nights Tue @ 10e / Fri @ 8e

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='n8rockerasu']In my opinion, this kinda summarizes the best way to score just in general: playing angles, making good passes, and forcing mistakes (and we lose games when this is done to us). I'm sure there will be "tricks", but I'd rather everyone spend their energy learning how to be a complete player, rather than just figuring out what the bitch moves are.

I haven't played the demo in a few days, but shots I noticed that are "still there" are slapshots from the faceoff circles aiming near post, shots coming across the slot from right to left (for a righty) aiming for the left corner, and obviously, one on one chances with the goalie. However, these really only work when the defense is soft enough to let you take an open shot to begin with.

The way we get open for these shots is by making good passes. The way we prevent them is with good defensive positioning. To me, those are the only tricks we need. If we can create these types of shots and control the flow of the game, we will win. If we can't stop these types of shots and are constantly scrambling, we will lose. Pretty simple.[/QUOTE]

I pretty much agree with all of this. Gone are the days of '09 when you played decent to solid D and they still scored cause they pulled back before shooting. Defense is the key to stopping goals and starting them.

Along with the good passing.

All right, finally got the stats for our final month of NHL 11 compiled. Shooting percentages went up for several players, but so did penalty minutes. That's something we need to be mindful of with the new game.

August 2011 Stats

Coming Soon!
Year end player hockey cards and 2010-2011 Highlight Video!!!

Again, if anyone has any good clips saved to their hard drive that isn't uploaded to your EA account, go ahead and upload it and let me know so I can add it to the video. Don't want to leave anybody or any memorable play out.

[quote name='jza1218']Anyone going to be on tonight? I've decided that I'm going to trade the game in on Monday or Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll be on tonight cause I won't be able to play most of this weekend (family visiting). Should be on around 10 or 11 PM EST.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']All right, finally got the stats for our final month of NHL 11 compiled. Shooting percentages went up for several players, but so did penalty minutes. That's something we need to be mindful of with the new game.

August 2011 Stats

Coming Soon!
Year end player hockey cards and 2010-2011 Highlight Video!!!

Again, if anyone has any good clips saved to their hard drive that isn't uploaded to your EA account, go ahead and upload it and let me know so I can add it to the video. Don't want to leave anybody or any memorable play out.[/QUOTE]

Positives for me: Games played (maybe an all-'11 month high!) assists and the give / take is where I want it to be.

Negatives: Shooting % is disgusting. I think that's cause I take more circle high slapshots than anything. I also like the blocked shots in the number of games played.

[quote name='DestroVega']Positives for me: Games played (maybe an all-'11 month high!) assists and the give / take is where I want it to be.

Negatives: Shooting % is disgusting. I think that's cause I take more circle high slapshots than anything. I also like the blocked shots in the number of games played.[/QUOTE]

Well, what I was going to point out for you personally, Destro, is yeah, try to take better shots (ie. try to get open at "the spots") and maybe be a little more physical (without sacrificing position). Less than one hit per game makes for some pretty soft defense. Of course, we'll all be starting from scratch in another 2 weeks, so it'll be tougher to be a complete player with drastically lower stats. But just something to keep in mind.

^I start to fall in love with my slapshot, which someone pointed out in the evaluation as "good" I also think it's pretty good, but it's definitely a low-percentage thing.

As far as the defense, the way my player is built I usually just have guys brush me off when I try to check, so I try to pressure with the kneel button and the poke. I think being a winger you can get away with that. I would think my give take is evidence that it works most of the time. I do agree if I could be a bit more physical I could knock guy off the puck at the point and not have to block or poke it's a better percentage play.

Maybe with the new physics it will help me. I don't mind having a lower rated player at first though, most people will be in the same boat and I think playing the right position trumps a higher level player.

[quote name='DestroVega']^I start to fall in love with my slapshot, which someone pointed out in the evaluation as "good" I also think it's pretty good, but it's definitely a low-percentage thing.[/QUOTE]

It's not that the slapshot is low percentage. It's more just where you're taking it from. As we've talked about, there are definitely "spots" in the game (which so far seem to be the same in 12) that the goalie just has trouble covering if the shooter is left unpressured. Brandon scores on a lot of slapshots, and even I put some in from time to time. They don't give the rebounds that they should, but they're not totally worthless like they were earlier in the year either. It's getting to those high percentage zones that is the key.

[quote name='jza1218']Trust me Ltor, Gary's not the only one who has nightmares about your goaltending.[/QUOTE]

You guys have really easygoing nightmares. Mine are about like satanic cults chasing me down. And why did gary say i think I'm the best of the best? I didn't say that at all, so just to clarify I think all five of you guys are significantly better then me. It's funny that he thinks I'm cocky when in reality I'm pretty humble and self deprecating.

Like I realize my play is weak, but my dry hump is on point...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t3oK_ef92s&hd=1

[quote name='moojuice']http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/clubs/502A0001/68/members

Top team for NHL 12 already has three players shooting over 20%, a fourth nearly at 20. They also play with a human goalie it looks like, which helps them in GF/GA. And of the 7 who have played at the time of this post, all but one are shooting over 10%. Wonder if the goalies stil have some stupid quirk.[/QUOTE]

How are people playing already? The only copies that should be out are maybe review copies right? (I haven't heard of anyone breaking the street date). Who knows what the goalie's weakness will be this year. Considering they're live, it could be anything.

Or they could be running into people who simply don't play defense. I mean, we have found some Elite teams with pretty high GAA's. We just have to be strong defensively and force our opponent to make a mistake before we do. No chinks in the armor and grind out wins if we have to.

Last call for anybody with any video clips they want in the team highlight video for this past year. I've been working on it today and hope to have it done by tomorrow. Like I said, everything that is currently on EA profiles, I've downloaded. I'm just making sure there's nothing else on hard drives that maybe got replaced as the year went on.

Nothing extra for vids here.

And European Season Ticket people or whatever that program is called, have access. It comes out this Tuesday for Europeans.

[quote name='moojuice']Nothing extra for vids here.

And European Season Ticket people or whatever that program is called, have access. It comes out this Tuesday for Europeans.[/QUOTE]

Ah, well we knew all those guys were douchebags anyway, lol. :)

I was also thinking that maybe they got a few early copies. Look at the guy on E-bay that was selling Gears of War 3 for $200. Just a matter of getting it early some how in some means.

I'll be cheerleading tonight as I play Shadows of the Damned. Got the Blockbuster pass for $7.99 for this month. I love the new blockbuster pricing now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back