Photo
- - - - -

Playstation 3 Move Poll - Vote Now

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Poll: What are your plans when the PS3 Move gets released?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What are your plans when the PS3 Move gets released?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:19 AM

Sony is offering up a variety options to purchase the new PS3 Move hardware, do you have any interest in buying this stuff, and if so what are your plans?

Edit:

Here's a list of the 54 Move titles (thanks KillerRamen)
http://en.wikipedia.....ayStation_Move

There will be 11 demos on the Demo Disk that comes with the Sports Champions Bundle and the 320gb Console Bundle.

Beat Sketcher
echochrome ii
EyePet
Kung Fu Rider
Sports Champions
Start the Party!
The Shoot
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
Time Crisis: Razing Storm
Tumble
TV Superstars

http://blog.us.plays....demos-exposed/

Lastly Sony has recently launched a site dedicated for the Move, which can be found here - http://www.yaybuttons.com/

Edited by raistlin, 14 September 2010 - 09:08 PM.
Updated with additional info

#2 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:36 AM

the move bundles so far suck imo. i liked what i saw with that magic game during e3 but i dont see the value in move for me.they really ought to bundle the camera, wand and directional dealy in one 100 bundle.

#3 madbst

madbst

Recquiescat In Pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:44 AM

I'm not into motion controllers at all; I hate the Wii. But if a really really interesting game comes out in the future and the price of the Move is right, I'll consider buying it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

^^^ Amazon gift card count so far: $650 ^^^

#4 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:03 AM

If I wanted to play games with motion controls I'd get a Wii system. I've turned off the SixAxis controls wherever possible in EVERY game I've owned that had them.

If the game didn't have the ability to switch to the analog sticks for full control, then they got immediately returned to the store.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:26 AM

Aw c'mon cheapest, why would you buy a $200 system for crappy waggle and SD graphics (you got your HD display now afterall)? If you got the PS Eye already, you just need to pay $50 + a game to try it out.

Anyway, I wish they'd have some better bundles for people who already have the PS Eye. Like 1 motion controller, 1 nav controller, and 1 game (no camera). But I guess it doesn't matter, I don't really care about Move sports or whatever it is. I just want Time Crisis and Sorcery, so $50 PS Move controller and $30 it is for me. I'm going to wait and see if there's a deal though before I buy.
Posted Image Posted Image

#6 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:58 PM

Aw c'mon cheapest, why would you buy a $200 system for crappy waggle and SD graphics (you got your HD display now afterall)? If you got the PS Eye already, you just need to pay $50 + a game to try it out.

Anyway, I wish they'd have some better bundles for people who already have the PS Eye. Like 1 motion controller, 1 nav controller, and 1 game (no camera). But I guess it doesn't matter, I don't really care about Move sports or whatever it is. I just want Time Crisis and Sorcery, so $50 PS Move controller and $30 it is for me. I'm going to wait and see if there's a deal though before I buy.

I imagine if the Move is successful Sony will probably release a larger variety of bundles to accommodate more people. Prices will go down etc etc. Personally I've been PC gaming for a while, so the full console bundle is perfect for me.

#7 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:37 PM

There's a reason I don't own a Wii and it's not just shitty games.

#8 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:04 PM

There's a reason I don't own a Wii and it's not just shitty games.

I don't own a Wii anymore because the controls weren't 1x1. It felt really laggy and contrived or gimmicky. I'm still not entirely convinced the Move won't have lag, as some of the videos I've seen seem to show a delay between what the person is doing and what is being shown on-screen. But I may be willing to give it a try, people are claiming that Socom actually plays better with the Move hardware. There is even a debate going on as to what developers are going to do when Move owners have an advantage over standard controller owners.

#9 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:08 PM

its better than screaming at my xbox to stop
Posted Image

#10 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:11 PM

I'm still not entirely convinced the Move won't have lag, as some of the videos I've seen seem to show a delay between what the person is doing and what is being shown on-screen.

There is lag with all 3 technologies, according to what I read. I think that Ars Technica link I posted in the other Move thread says that. However, they did mention that some games have more lag than others (on the PS Move). So there is a chance that it's just a coding thing that can be perfected over time.

I really liked my Wii for the first 2 1/2 years, but once the novelty wore off, I realized how crappy the controls were (lots of lag). Then, they quit releasing good games for about 1 year, and then they released that Wii Motion Plus for $20, and that was the final straw.

So, I'm excited for the PS Move, because the PS3 has the games already, so all they need are some fun party games (not to mention some hardcore games that use the motion controls).
Posted Image Posted Image

#11 Ashtaar

Ashtaar

King of Blades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:46 PM

Move seems wack to me, I'd only get one if it were free
Any chance to play Time Crisis without a move controller?

210452.png

#12 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:08 PM

Fuck I posted a link to this poll on the official Sony PS3 forums and they deleted my post in under an hour. Seems Sony has a self esteem problem or something.

#13 porieux

porieux

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:16 PM

Looks like a lame gimmick to me, obvious attempt to copy the Wii.
Feel the same way about Kinect, which I seriously doubt will work smoothly.

#14 xsouthparkx

xsouthparkx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:26 AM

This looks like it might have some potential, but I think I'll wait to buy.
I'll probably preorder it now and decide later on whether I really want it or not. I haven't been playing my ps3 much so I probably won't.

Anyone know if Fallout New Vegas will be move compatible? Probably not.

What should we care to know of what is going on in that great insane asylum called "the world" ?

-Franz Hartmann

#15 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:52 AM

The only game I am interested in just a tiny bit is "Sorcery" .

#16 xsouthparkx

xsouthparkx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:08 AM

Little Big Planet 2 will have some Move levels. I'm only pre-ordering the Move because of this game here. It's called "Start the Party."

http://www.amazon.co...ef=pd_sim_vg_18

What should we care to know of what is going on in that great insane asylum called "the world" ?

-Franz Hartmann

#17 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:16 AM

I'm probably getting the 320gb Console Bundle and Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition. It should be interesting to see how it does.
Posted Image

#18 davidb69

davidb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:19 AM

no option for me, I already have it but now my PS3 has the blinking red light. UGGGGG
Posted ImagePosted Image
Wii - 2303 0628 4559 9276

#19 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:26 AM

If there were some games which actually made some innovative use of motion controls, I'd be for it. But so far, there hasn't been anything that's really amazed me. Most of the stuff has been just like the Wii Remote (aiming in FPSes, casual software, etc.). Sorcery looked pretty cool but again, it was nothing amazing.

I'm not complete against it but it seems like MS and Sony are just trying shove this crap down our throats simply because Nintendo's found so much success with it.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#20 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:41 AM

I am hoping to see some kind of deal with the 320GB bundle. I think Move will be nice for games like Resident Evil and No More Heroes.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#21 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:55 AM

I've got the Move Bundle pre-ordered & the Nav Controller. I don't think it's as much as a rip off of the wii or gimmicky. It seems as if it's further development of the Wii(something that Nintendo should've done first hand to keep all of us hardcore gamersinterested), and it's the Wii controls that are gimmicky. Major gimmicky. Move seems pretty slick from what I've seen so far... Definitely interested in trying it out.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#22 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:07 AM

Honestly, Resident Evil 5 might push me to get a Move but only because RE4 on Wii was pretty amazing. If they can magically make RE5 a game that is at least almost as good as 4, I'll probably bite.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#23 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:41 PM

I do wish the developers would have opted for a more sophisticated camera. While it may have taken more horse power from the PS3 and possibly cost more, I think the controllers would have collaborated better.

On the other hand from what I've read so far it seems it's going to be up to the software developers to make the controls as 1x1 as possible. The reviews I've read seem to have come to a consensus that since some of the games control really well, it comes down to the coding used to make the games 1x1.

For instance the controls on the game Slider are almost non-responsive, but there is almost no lag at all with Socom or Start the Party.

#24 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:23 PM

Really have no interest in the move or kinect. I had 2 wiis and sold both of them because the damn thing is so boring.
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#25 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:54 PM

PS Move is nothing revolutionary, and it won't be able to play off the success of being a motion controller because the Wii already cashed on that. Move is just going to be looked at as a Wii controller, a knock off...and I suspect that the games won't be great either.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#26 pob14

pob14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:56 PM

I'll get it if I can use my Sony Rewards points to get one free. I already have the Eye, so I agree with the previous poster about cameraless bundles. Probably will be picking up EyePet for the kids.

#27 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:19 PM

I need to see good games first.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:18 AM

The controllers are too expensive. I like the motion controls and I'd like to pick em up, but not for a hundred dollars.
Posted Image

#29 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:44 AM

waiting for gamestop to get an influx of them for x-mas. Sad to say I have a hunch this might be one of those items come christmas everyone has to have to the stock will be low.
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#30 Newtype Phil

Newtype Phil

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:04 AM

I am getting the move controller and Eye Pet, both are interesting to try out. If I don't like it, I won't be out as much money if I had bought the Wii or Kinect. I am also eager to try out RE 5 and Heavy Rain when they update the games for the Move.