GameFly Weekly Deals w/Free Shipping - FFXIII $20 and More

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#91 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:56 PM

The ones I got lately looked like that - wonder if they are putting the disks in some sort of a cleaning apparatus.

I'm pretty sure the discs only look like that if the pad they are using is worn out and needs replacing. There's a 50/50 chance of the discs actually working 100% so be cautious with them. Unfortunately, places like GS don't switch out the pads often enough which causes shitty refurbs to be sent out everywhere. Hopefully, this was a quality control issue with Gamefly and they don't do what GS does.

#92 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:06 PM

I'm pretty sure the discs only look like that if the pad they are using is worn out and needs replacing.

Agreed, those circular scratches look like it went through their cleaning machine but someone must have put some sand in it (or maybe it previously cleaned a disk with sand and it got stuck in the machien). Either way, that kind of damage could be repeated on multiple disks until they realize that they are damaging the disks rather than cleaning them and change the stupid pads in the cleaner.

#93 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:25 PM

It sucks, that's why. I'm on Chapter 10, and it's all I can do to keep playing. If it wasn't for the incredible cutscenes and the story (which I DO like) I would've shelved it long ago. The characters are annoying and it's extremely linear. I mean EXTREMELY. Walk forward 20 steps, fight a mob, walk 10 steps, watch a cutscene. Rinse and repeat. Everyone's been warned.

Heavenly Sword was $60 for years, probably because it was just that great, right?

UjCoyFa.png

#94 noobeffect

noobeffect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:37 PM

Just got Final Fantasy from Gamefly for $15.28, everything looks good, no extremely noticeable scratches on the disc.