Photo
- - - - -

Darksiders $15, Mass Effect 2 & God of War 3 $18 and More - GameFly Weekly Deals

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#91 vanlandw

vanlandw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:30 PM

Any thoughts on Alpha Protocol 360 vs PS3?

Being able to get a few extra hours at work I'm thinking about caving on a new name.

Digital Foundry sadly didn't do a head to head on the game so any thoughts would be appreciated. :-)

#92 DillPickles

DillPickles

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:54 PM

Mass Effect 2 and Dante's Inferno are finally mine! Thanks Cheapy!

#93 GindoGuy

GindoGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:11 PM

damn, should of held off on buying GoWIII now that its dropped about $5 from the previous sale....

#94 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

Picked up Mass Effect 2 and God of War III. Score!

#95 BR1CK

BR1CK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:49 PM

just ordered me2!

#96 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:11 PM

In for a Dante's Inferno. I really enjoyed the demo and heard the visuals in that game were worth the price of admission alone. ME2 was tempting but i haven't finished with ME1 yet so i can wait on that one.
Posted Image

#97 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:06 PM

I just beat ME 1 over the weekend for the second time hoping that Gamefly would get it under $20 soon. Looks like I timed it perfectly. Now I just need to finish the new game of ME 1 that I started up right after I beat it.

#98 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:15 PM

i just wanted to know is dante inferno gameplay and stages on the same level as bayonetta and how long is it?

Just look at the post above you for an answer. ;)

Basically, if you want a game that's made for the masses, then get GOW3 or Dante's Inforno, which can be zipped through with ease with button mashing and lots of QTEs. If you like a bit more challenge, less chance of surviving with button mashing and much less QTEs, then get Bayonetta. If you want hard core challenge with zero QTEs, a game that doesn't tolerate button mashing where you must learn the combat system, the Ninja Gaiden series is what you want. Hope I help you make your decision. My personal choices are from the bottom up.

#99 oiskaio

oiskaio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:21 PM

ME2 for under $20 ? SOLD! and here I was telling myself that I shouldn't buy anymore after getting Reach yesterday and Bioshock 2 with the last Gamefly deal.

Let the backlog begin....

#100 Full Metal XL

Full Metal XL

Enemy of the State!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:24 PM

Couldn't resist Darksiders and Dante's Inferno at those prices...however, I'm betting Alpha Protocol will get cheaper sooner rather than later, so I'll wait on that. Thanks, Cheapy...!

God made me funky! :bomb:

Posted Image
A, B, C, D, E, F, G...
Someone Should've Told You Not To Fuck With Me!
:evil:

#101 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:25 PM

I'll bite on Alpha Protocol. Been wanting to give it a whirl and this seems like a reasonable price at which to do so.

33126.png

#102 thirtytwoutside

thirtytwoutside

HOW CAN SHE SLAP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:25 PM

Just bought GoW3 (despite my backlog being ridiculous and Super Street Fighter IV and Halo: Reach both competing for time). Couldn't pass it up at that price - thanks!
CAG: Where it doesn't matter how good or how cheap a game is, but games would only be "worth buying" to people if only they were $10 cheaper.

#103 sonnyforple

sonnyforple

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:45 PM

I usually wait for the price point to hit the rock bottom 9.99, then stock up my backlog. Now that EA is fighting against used game sales with DLC, it puts a premium on Gamefly used games, since almost anywhere else you buy used, you will not get the code. I don't even have time for ME2, but my guess is that it will be sold out before it even hits 9.99, so 17.99 is looking like the new 9.99. Although what is the chance you get a copy that someone traded in?

#104 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:08 PM

Although what is the chance you get a copy that someone traded in?

This is absolutely anecdotal, but every game I've ever bought from GameFly has come with absolutely everything, DLC codes included.

33126.png

#105 thirtytwoutside

thirtytwoutside

HOW CAN SHE SLAP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:23 PM

Now that EA is fighting against used game sales with DLC, it puts a premium on Gamefly used games, since almost anywhere else you buy used, you will not get the code.

What the guy who posted prior to me said.

Anywhere else when you buy used, you get the retail package - the same physical package that someone purchased and used.

When you rent games from Gamefly, they send the discs only - never the stuff that comes in the retail package. So the DLC codes are going to be unused... unless there's some warehouse gnome that goes around opening boxes as they sit in storage.
CAG: Where it doesn't matter how good or how cheap a game is, but games would only be "worth buying" to people if only they were $10 cheaper.

#106 Geello

Geello

Walked into Mordor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:31 PM

http://www.escapistm...deos/embed/1404

While I normally think Yahtzee is full of it, his review of Darksiders was pretty spot on to me (but obviously not everyone else in this thread =p )

Posted Image

#107 Ravenous

Ravenous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:47 AM

I went for it. I doubt GOW3 will go any lower that $20, even on BF, since its a Sony game and they NEVER lower their damn prices. I cant even find Uncharted 1 for less than $25. The one time I found it for $20, I jumped and havent seen it lower since.

I loved the Darksiders demo, plus I got in on the "Get Red Faction free with art book" for sending in that paper... found an unused one at Gamestop :) So great deal!!

#108 Splatoon

Splatoon

CAGiversaurus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:32 AM

Too slow, looks like God of War III is already out. First Bayonetta, now this, I need to get on the ball with these things.

EDIT: Wooo, back in stock!

Edited by Splatoon, 16 September 2010 - 07:54 AM.

Comics of all shapes and sizes! Mainly rectangles. Max and Ronnie Do Comics.

#109 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:57 AM

bit on AP. $20 shipped is the right price to me. Even if the gameplay uses dice-rolls and the shooting looks janky as hell. What's the last spy rpg you've played?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#110 vanlandw

vanlandw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:01 PM

Mulled over Alpha Protocol for a few days and decided to cave. Games like this that are polarized between the review community and the forum community intrigue me. Watching a few videos it seems that that dialogue might prove to funny to me in the same way Mass Effect was. Plan on doing a spec walkthough so the combat won't prove to be troublesome.

#111 BLUEMANRULE

BLUEMANRULE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:07 PM

I had both GOW3 and Dante's Inferno, the two games are too similar to own both, so I traded in Dante to Amazon.

I however kept Bayonetta. Not all button smashing games are the same, but GOW and Dante are.

Same here. I rented Dante's and was frustrated at the bad checkpoint system. I enjoyed the story and voice-acting but the gameplay and design faltered. GOW3 and Bayonetta are staples for this generation.

P.S. - I love Michigan too. My userid is an ode to Michigan. Lets get it!
Posted Image
Let's get it!

#112 Ash Burton

Ash Burton

Hail to the King, Baby

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:19 PM

In for Alpha & GOW III, thanks Cheapy!

#113 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:33 PM

In for GoW3. Darksiders, you'll have to wait for now, but next time you are cheap, we'll be together too.

#114 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:04 PM

Just a heads up to people interested in Mass Effect 2 and have a TRU close by the game with current 30% off B&M will be $18.89 before tax..

Hmmm thinking about maybe biting on Alpha protocal .. game always has had me interested...

#115 DAWG26

DAWG26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:23 PM

I thought I remembered reading there was a big graphical difference between the PS3 and 360 versions of Bayonetta. Is this true?

#116 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:28 PM

I thought I remembered reading there was a big graphical difference between the PS3 and 360 versions of Bayonetta. Is this true?

more of a framerate issue with the ps3 version. Although check around if a patch was ever released as most devs throw one out after its too late.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#117 Derrick1979

Derrick1979

For the love of GAMING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:30 PM

it has been patched for awhile now

#118 sherisdoppel

sherisdoppel

The Eye in Shadow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:42 PM

Latest patches apparently fix a lot of technical issues including the ridiculous loading times, but the frame rate issue has not been patched and there is no future plan to improve it.
This is the PS3 version.

Edited by sherisdoppel, 16 September 2010 - 10:03 PM.

whitespace

#119 DAWG26

DAWG26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:44 PM

So the 360 version is the way to go?

#120 sherisdoppel

sherisdoppel

The Eye in Shadow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:03 PM