• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:37 AM

Thanks OP!

#32 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:49 AM

NewEgg has no tax in NY unlike Amazon. I couldn't resist. Thanks!

I forgot Newegg has tax in California, so basically this is the same price that I paid for it a couple of weeks ago! That makes me feel better about adding this to my backlog, for whatever reason.

#33 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:00 AM

Oh snap, had I not just spent a bunch of monies on my girlfriend's birthday coming up early next month I'd jump on this ASAP but as it is I don't want to put anything else on my card.

Le Sigh. Someday.

oIi9lub.png

#34 marineal

marineal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:00 AM

thanks op, ordered one for $14 tax included. I love buying third party wii games for cheap.

#35 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:27 AM

Hmm...looks like on Amazon at least it ends up about the same price to just buy the bundle.

This is something I'd try for $13, as it sounds somewhat promising, but $35 is pushing it for me as I don't know if I'd use the motion plus again. MAYBE for Zelda, but it seems like all the critics are saying it doesn't work and is a big step backwards (I know I'd be thrilled if they announced classic controller only for the next one, and hopefully did something new, or really polished, or something.)
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#36 oni-link

oni-link

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:06 AM

I'm on the fence on this one; as the first Red Steel really left a bad taste in my mouth regarding the franchise. I believe I'm not the only one seeing how bad this game sold:
http://www.vgchartz....me.php?id=16284 .

#37 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:04 AM

In for one. I've been waiting to find this super cheap.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

#38 ZForce

ZForce

Humbling Pumpkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:24 AM

It tanked because of the same reason games like Madworld tanked. The average Wii userbase (families and soccer moms) has no interest in this type of game, and the audience that IS into this type of game likely gave up on, or was never interested in the Wii in the first place.
Posted Image
Dreams do come true....

Check out my stuff for sale!
Chase the Chuckwagon! - http://www.chasethec...ites/zforceffc/
CAG Tradelist - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=189109

#39 Skydude

Skydude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:35 PM

Hmm...looks like on Amazon at least it ends up about the same price to just buy the bundle.

This is something I'd try for $13, as it sounds somewhat promising, but $35 is pushing it for me as I don't know if I'd use the motion plus again. MAYBE for Zelda, but it seems like all the critics are saying it doesn't work and is a big step backwards (I know I'd be thrilled if they announced classic controller only for the next one, and hopefully did something new, or really polished, or something.)

Not worth it to get a motionplus for this, no, but I've got to say, it *is* a major improvement over the wiimote alone, and if more games start using the motionplus, it will be worthwhile to get one. One of the reasons I got it was, in a sense, to justify the motionplus(es, even though there's no multiplayer so only one can be used for this) I already have.

And forget the first one, this is basically a complete departure, and more like what the first one was supposed to be. At least that's what I've heard, I haven't actually played it yet.
Posted Image

#40 pewpewpew

pewpewpew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:44 PM

Very tempting deal but I think I'll stick it out and see if it gets to the Madworld price range. I had my hopes up for this game while it was being developed but seems like it turned out just be a pretty average game.

#41 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:26 PM

I'm on the fence on this one; as the first Red Steel really left a bad taste in my mouth regarding the franchise. I believe I'm not the only one seeing how bad this game sold:
http://www.vgchartz....me.php?id=16284 .

I'm confused by why they called it Red Steel 2. I mean actually Red Steel is a pretty good name, but I kept hearing how "oh, it has name recognition!"...but I think the only people it has that for are us...and we know about the first one :lol:

Not worth it to get a motionplus for this, no, but I've got to say, it *is* a major improvement over the wiimote alone, and if more games start using the motionplus, it will be worthwhile to get one. One of the reasons I got it was, in a sense, to justify the motionplus(es, even though there's no multiplayer so only one can be used for this) I already have.

And forget the first one, this is basically a complete departure, and more like what the first one was supposed to be. At least that's what I've heard, I haven't actually played it yet.

Thanks. Hmm...Darn, if this included the Motion Plus for this price, or it didn't use it, I'd get it I think, but $35 is just kind of pricey... Plus I kind of feel like if Nintendo releases that Zelda game or whatever it'll include that at a discount, if not free...nah, I'm thinking maybe $60 including the motion plus.

Though I have about zero faith in that new Zelda game, but if all the critics who right now think it's bullshit get the full game and go "huh, it's actually pretty fun" I might consider it.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
[LIST]

Posted Image

#42 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:42 PM

Looks like it's dead now.

#43 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:48 PM

Looks like it's dead now.

Although bear in mind you can basically get it for the same price from Amazon if you don't already have the motion plus thing-namely $35ish.
[LIST]

Posted Image

#44 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:58 PM

damn, couldn't have waited until payday..oh well, in for $9.99 when it happens.
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#45 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:15 PM

Although bear in mind you can basically get it for the same price from Amazon if you don't already have the motion plus thing-namely $35ish.

Sure, it's also $35 at Toys R Us, so with the $5 off $25 coupon, it's actually a couple bucks cheaper there. Of course, for game only we're out of luck as Amazon doesn't even have it in stock and hasn't for a while other than through third party sellers.

#46 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:38 PM

Anyone know if this is Lefty friendly? :\
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax