link?

lol preorder

released in like 2009 wasnt it?

#362 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:04 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure buying the new 2011 glasses nets you Shrek 1-4 and Megamind in 3D... I was almost tempted to buy the set even though I have a Panasonic! (but I still stand by my decision to sell 'Avatar' on eBay... for $100+?... duh... winning!)

Oh, and I'm not surprised about Green Hornet, especially since it seems to have one of those Sony 3D covers (the cover art is an object/objects in the foreground and the Blu-ray case insert is the background) so they seem to have made it thicker to both (possibly) increase that effect and have plenty of breathing room for the extra disc (most, maybe all of their other 3D BD's are 1-disc'ers)

That's close. The last Samsung pack had Shrek 1-4. The current pack has Shrek 4 (only) and Megamind.
Posted Image

#363 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

lol preorder

This is the new one that is in active shutter 3D. The original release was red and green glasses.
Posted Image

#364 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:16 PM

lol preorder

We had 3D TVs in 2009?

#365 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:22 PM

That's close. The last Samsung pack had Shrek 1-4. The current pack has Shrek 4 (only) and Megamind.

What? Not sure where you got your info from. But the current starter pack has Shrek the complete collection and vouchers for Megamind and Shrek 4. So you get all Shreks (1-4), plus Megamind, plus an additional copy of Shrek 4 (that comes with Megamind).

#366 ILikeMe1337

ILikeMe1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:04 PM

We had 3D TVs in 2009?

I know you were making a joke but Mitsubishi has been making 3D ready TVs since 2007 (at least I think there certain models that year were labelled 3D gaming ready or something like that, but they were technically 3D ready TVs I think). It's just the kit which has the adapter that converts the input's 1920x1080 3D signal to 1920x960 3D checkerboard which the Mitsubishi's can display (which BTW to my eyes looks just as good as 1920x1080 3D), and an IR emitter for the glasses didn't come out until June of last year. Also I didn't go this route (I have a 2009 Mitsubishi, the 3D kit, and a PS3 that I'm planning to replace with a stand alone Blu-ray 3D player eventually because the PS3 can only output DTS with 3D Blu-ray discs) but I read that some of the Panasonic Blu-ray 3D players output checkerboard, so you don't need the adapter with that player, but you have to use "DLP Link" glasses (which I read don't work unless it's pitch black in the room, so during daylight hours 3D doesn't work), which don't require an emitter to work, so the Mitsubishi 3D ready TVs had at least two methods of becoming 3DTVs, but yeah neither of those were released until 2010.

#367 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

I know you were making a joke but Mitsubishi has been making 3D ready TVs since 2007 (at least I think there certain models that year were labelled 3D gaming ready or something like that, but they were technically 3D ready TVs I think). It's just the kit which has the adapter that converts the input's 1920x1080 3D signal to 1920x960 3D checkerboard which the Mitsubishi's can display (which BTW to my eyes looks just as good as 1920x1080 3D), and an IR emitter for the glasses didn't come out until June of last year. Also I didn't go this route (I have a 2009 Mitsubishi, the 3D kit, and a PS3 that I'm planning to replace with a stand alone Blu-ray 3D player eventually because the PS3 can only output DTS with 3D Blu-ray discs) but I read that some of the Panasonic Blu-ray 3D players output checkerboard, so you don't need the adapter with that player, but you have to use "DLP Link" glasses (which I read don't work unless it's pitch black in the room, so during daylight hours 3D doesn't work), which don't require an emitter to work, so the Mitsubishi 3D ready TVs had at least two methods of becoming 3DTVs, but yeah neither of those were released until 2010.

Some Panasonic 3D blu-ray players do output checkerboard and have dual hdmi outs (like the DMP-BDT350).

You don't have to use DLP link glasses with the above mentioned player, nor do you for any other source on a DLP tv.

And DLP Link glasses work just fine during daytime hours for me.

#368 ILikeMe1337

ILikeMe1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:59 AM

Some Panasonic 3D blu-ray players do output checkerboard and have dual hdmi outs (like the DMP-BDT350).

You don't have to use DLP link glasses with the above mentioned player, nor do you for any other source on a DLP tv.

And DLP Link glasses work just fine during daytime hours for me.

I screwed up my wording, sorry.

Good to know I'm wrong about the DLP link glasses, I just remember reading somewhere that people who bought them had tons of sync and 'rainbow effect' problems during the day.

With the Mitsubishi 3D ready TVs there is no IR emitter built in so if you only have a Mitsubishi 3D ready TV, and a 3D Blu-ray Disc player that outputs checkerboard (like a Panasonic one), as far as I know, you have to use DLP link glasses, since IR glasses won't work without an IR emitter, that's what I meant.

I bought the 3D kit which has the adapter, the IR emitter, and two pairs of IR glasses, but I can't mix IR glasses with DLP link glasses (use them at the same time) because the DLP link ones make you reverse the L-R signal, right?

When the Panasonic Blu-ray Disc players get cheaper (if they even will), I would love to buy one if it can convert DTS HD MA and Dolby True HD to PCM (I have an Onkyo receiver that accepts multichannel PCM, but not the other loss less tracks) and output it on the second HDMI output. But the irony is I don't need the Video HDMI output to output checkerboard since I own the adapter. But yeah I don't know what possessed Panasonic to make 3D Blu-ray Disc players that give me a 3D signal through the first HDMI out for a 2009 Mitsubishi 3D ready TV (which would be good if I didn't own the adapter) and give me a loss less audio signal (that is if it converts everything to PCM) through the second HDMI out for a 2006 Onkyo receiver, but I need to buy one before they change their minds and remove those features in newer models. With my PS3 I can only watch 3D Blu-ray Discs in plain DTS, it just doesn't cut it, especially Tron: Legacy.

#369 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:41 AM

I screwed up my wording, sorry.

Good to know I'm wrong about the DLP link glasses, I just remember reading somewhere that people who bought them had tons of sync and 'rainbow effect' problems during the day.

I don't get rainbows or have syncing issues, but the picture certainly looks better when it is darker (doesn't have to be night time, just close the blinds as much as possible). :lol: My understanding is some home lights (can't recall what type) cause the glasses to lose sync because their "flicker" interferes with that given by the dlp-link.

With the Mitsubishi 3D ready TVs there is no IR emitter built in so if you only have a Mitsubishi 3D ready TV, and a 3D Blu-ray Disc player that outputs checkerboard (like a Panasonic one), as far as I know, you have to use DLP link glasses, since IR glasses won't work without an IR emitter, that's what I meant.

Correct (I believe). There was no "mitsubishi" IR emitter before 2010 to my knowledge. I actually had a Samsung 3D ready tv before my Mitsubishi, and I think those TVs were in the same boat as far as branded emitters go.

I bought the 3D kit which has the adapter, the IR emitter, and two pairs of IR glasses, but I can't mix IR glasses with DLP link glasses (use them at the same time) because the DLP link ones make you reverse the L-R signal, right?

If you can wear the DLP link glasses upside down they mesh just fine with the IR ones. ;)

(I tried it with xpand102's, it was not too uncomfortable, but nowhere near ideal, and I didn't do it for an extended amount of time. So I don't suggest it.)

When the Panasonic Blu-ray Disc players get cheaper (if they even will), I would love to buy one if it can convert DTS HD MA and Dolby True HD to PCM (I have an Onkyo receiver that accepts multichannel PCM, but not the other loss less tracks) and output it on the second HDMI output. But the irony is I don't need the Video HDMI output to output checkerboard since I own the adapter. But yeah I don't know what possessed Panasonic to make 3D Blu-ray Disc players that give me a 3D signal through the first HDMI out for a 2009 Mitsubishi 3D ready TV (which would be good if I didn't own the adapter) and give me a loss less audio signal (that is if it converts everything to PCM) through the second HDMI out for a 2006 Onkyo receiver, but I need to buy one before they change their minds and remove those features in newer models. With my PS3 I can only watch 3D Blu-ray Discs in plain DTS, it just doesn't cut it, especially Tron: Legacy.

I am pretty sure the DMP-BDT110 (or maybe 210?) models are checkerboard compliant, and much cheaper than the 350 model was. I don't know if it has dual HDMI's though.

I actually just ended up upgrading my Onkyo to a 3008 (newegg has them at a great price on saturdays), rather then continually messing with my older Onkyo (plus the 3008 offers 9.2 as opposed to 7.1). Of course the fiance wasn't too excited about new AVR, speakers, and a sub given the cost (I got a great deal on most of it though, lol). :mrgreen:

#370 ILikeMe1337

ILikeMe1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

Rango was 3D in theaters, right?

http://www.thedigitalbits.com

No mention of a 3D version, my guess is it's going to be another exclusive for Samsung 3DTV's, if they have a contract with Dreamworks, my guess is they have a contract with Paramount, but I might be wrong. Do Dreamworks' movies still get manufactured by Paramount or is it a different company?

#371 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:37 PM

What? Not sure where you got your info from. But the current starter pack has Shrek the complete collection and vouchers for Megamind and Shrek 4. So you get all Shreks (1-4), plus Megamind, plus an additional copy of Shrek 4 (that comes with Megamind).

That's awesome then. I saw the same question asked on the bluray.com forum and the answer there was you only got the two movies.
Posted Image

#372 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:40 PM

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader 3D is an expensive Sony exclusive that comes with their new rechargeable glasses.

http://www.sonystyle...552921666337185

#373 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

Sony exclusive for a Fox title? Wtf.

#374 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:34 PM

Rango was 3D in theaters, right?

http://www.thedigitalbits.com

No mention of a 3D version, my guess is it's going to be another exclusive for Samsung 3DTV's, if they have a contract with Dreamworks, my guess is they have a contract with Paramount, but I might be wrong. Do Dreamworks' movies still get manufactured by Paramount or is it a different company?

I thought the same thing yesterday, but actually the movie was not released in 3D, who knew that they made kid's movies these days that are not 3D.

#375 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:50 PM

Not a huge savings but Amazon has Piranha 3D for $23.49 and Resident Evil: afterlife is $23.99.

#376 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:49 PM

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader 3D is an expensive Sony exclusive that comes with their new rechargeable glasses.

http://www.sonystyle...552921666337185

What no chronicles of Narnia collection bundle like the shrek collection in 3D bundle

#377 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

The final destination 3D Blu-ray is coming out in Aug 16th Amazon is taking pre-orders for it.its 30.99 hope its cheaper when it comes out

#378 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:18 PM

What no chronicles of Narnia collection bundle like the shrek collection in 3D bundle

Well, considering the first two Narnia movies are live action and weren't originally filmed in 3D... the conversion process would be a LOT more expensive and time-consuming than merely programming a second camera (for the other eye) into the rendering system for a digitally animated movie like the 'Shrek's or the first two Toy Story movies.

The other issue with having a 'Narnia' set is the fact that the first two were released/distributed by Disney and the third one is Fox.

#379 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:31 PM

cloudy with a chance of meatballs 3d 13.99 shipped brand new from reputable seller on ebay 27 copies available http://cgi.ebay.com/...04#ht_500wt_835

#380 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:10 PM

Thanks bredbu, I picked one up!

#381 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:46 PM

22 left

#382 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:21 AM

The Final Destination [Blu-ray 3D] (2009)
http://www.amazon.co...duct/B004YJMQCS

#383 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:24 AM

dang that is pricey for such an old movie :(

#384 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:37 PM

dang that is pricey for such an old movie :(

its in 3D so 30 is good

#385 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:46 PM

I still don't get the whole exclusive thing. If the industry is trying to get 3d into people's households, they should be removing barriers to content, rather than adding them.
Posted Image

#386 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

I agree with you, It annoys me that if i want monsters vs aliens i have to pay 70 bucks but i can get cloudy with a chance of meatballs for 13.. it makes no sense

#387 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

The Final Destination [Blu-ray 3D] (2009)
http://www.amazon.co...duct/B004YJMQCS

FYI, HBO has it ON DEMAND for anyone with HBO 3D at home (I have Comcast). Yet to watch it, but Avatar on HBO seemed pretty good.

#388 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:37 PM

I still don't get the whole exclusive thing. If the industry is trying to get 3d into people's households, they should be removing barriers to content, rather than adding them.

The CEs are giving the studios more money then what they would make selling the disc in stores. I see why studios do this, but in the long run, it's only going to hurt them.

#389 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:33 AM

The exclusives are just for pushing the brand, yes, it sucks. Unlike video games, the consoles have their own developers, but 3D TVs are not movie makers, duh.

#390 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:27 PM

Is the bolt 3D only one disc and also how is this is it in 3D