3D Blu-Ray thread

• Please log in to reply
2944 replies to this topic

#601 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:11 AM

Blu-Ray.com also has reviews of the three stand-alone releases of Toy Story 3D, Toy Story 2 3D and Toy Story 3 3D:

http://www.blu-ray.c...y/28346/#Review
http://www.blu-ray.c...y/26538/#Review
http://www.blu-ray.c...y/26537/#Review

Assume the same for the three-movie pack of the 3D only discs.

A Cars 2 3D review as well:
http://www.blu-ray.c...y/25785/#Review

I wonder Disney re-release Toy Story in 3D. I wonder how much 3D in 3 movies? 30% off the movie will be in 3D or 40% or 50% ??
"Evil is Funs"

#602 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

Hmm, Best Buy has a deal this week for Toy Story, Cars 2 and new titles this week for buy 4 get $40 off or buy 2 get $10 off. Ad says Toy Stories and Cars are reg $40 each and others $30 each. They seem to be missing Meet The Robinsons on their web site. However, the 3 Toy Stories are currently listed as $30 on the web site (don't know if store prices are fixed back to $40). Are there any extras in the box set that aren't in the individual releases? I know the box set doesn't contain the 2D BD versions, which makes the individual ones for $60 (if you order one more title for $20) sound like a better option.

#603 tidwell

tidwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

If you were going to bet one of the Lego games anyway, BestBuy has a kickass deal on Harry Potter 7 pt.2 3D blu. They'll give it to you for $3 if you buy one of the games.

I picked up the DS version and the blu for $34.xx shipped. Not bad.
Now that you mention it I do have trouble breathing underwater sometimes.

Do you like bad movies? Well, bad movie reviews, anyway?
http://twodollarcinema.blogspot.com/

#604 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

Hmm, Best Buy has a deal this week for Toy Story, Cars 2 and new titles this week for buy 4 get $40 off or buy 2 get $10 off. Ad says Toy Stories and Cars are reg $40 each and others $30 each. They seem to be missing Meet The Robinsons on their web site. However, the 3 Toy Stories are currently listed as $30 on the web site (don't know if store prices are fixed back to $40). Are there any extras in the box set that aren't in the individual releases? I know the box set doesn't contain the 2D BD versions, which makes the individual ones for $60 (if you order one more title for $20) sound like a better option.

Yep, IMHO, that's the better deal.

Meet the Robinsons 3D comes out Tues. with Bolt 3D and G-Force 3d.

For some reason, the MtR 3D isn't working with the promo (Bolt, Chicken Little, and G-Froce are). I opted for Bolt 3d- for $79 you can get TS1-3 3D and Bolt 3D. Not bad.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#605 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:51 PM

Yep, IMHO, that's the better deal.

Meet the Robinsons 3D comes out Tues. with Bolt 3D and G-Force 3d.

For some reason, the MtR 3D isn't working with the promo (Bolt, Chicken Little, and G-Froce are). I opted for Bolt 3d- for $79 you can get TS1-3 3D and Bolt 3D. Not bad.

That's exactly what I ordered. May pick up the others when I go to the store on Friday to get the Lego HP Xbox deal with the 2 Harry Potter 3D titles.

#606 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:18 AM

Amazon has trade-in values ranging from $5.25 to $6.50 for each of the three TS movies in 2D (BD packaging) as well as Bolt, so you can make like $23 in Amazon credit for trading in those four movies.

#607 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

Amazon has trade-in values ranging from $5.25 to $6.50 for each of the three TS movies in 2D (BD packaging) as well as Bolt, so you can make like $23 in Amazon credit for trading in those four movies.

Already checked that as well :) We have an internal "for sale" email list at work--usually I can get $10 each for the Disney combo titles, so will attempt that first.

#608 xhonzi

xhonzi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:47 AM

Thanks for the tip, KyleN. Ordered TS1-3 and Bolt along with HP7.1 and HP7.2.

#609 porieux

porieux

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

Any way to get HTTD and Megamind 3D exclusive barebones releases from BB for less than msrp?

#610 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

Any way to get HTTD and Megamind 3D exclusive barebones releases from BB for less than msrp?

It's so frustrating--I loved HTTYD in the theater and really want to see it again. These exclusives are a killer--I refuse to pay $35 for a bare-bones release. I was hoping these would be part of a Black Friday sale, but doesn't look like it. They will have a few titles for $18--Rio, Narnia, Ice Age, Polar Express & Deathly Hallows (not sure which one, hard to read ad). Hoping that Amazon price matches these early.
You may want to look for Megamind on ebay--I managed to get the Samsung Shrek 1-4 + Megamind for $40 shipped!

#611 porieux

porieux

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:44 AM

Thanks Kyle. Yeah it wouldn't be so bad if these weren't barebones releases...pretty lame of them IMO.
Guess I will wait for now.

#612 gokou36

gokou36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

Why does it cost an arm and a leg for 3D movies? It's like the studios don't want you to buy them!

What's the best 3D movie to showcase the tech? Thinking of getting Conan on Tuesday, is that movie any good?

#613 beatngurnuts

beatngurnuts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:29 PM

Conan was awful, but that's my opinion and I definitely would not pay the 3d price for it. As for 3d titles to show off, here is a list of the best I have seen:

Tron Legacy
Toy Story 2 & 3
Legend of the Guardians
Coraline

#614 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

Why does it cost an arm and a leg for 3D movies? It's like the studios don't want you to buy them!

What's the best 3D movie to showcase the tech? Thinking of getting Conan on Tuesday, is that movie any good?

Resident Evil: Afterlife
The Final Destination
Step Up 3D
Drive Angry

All four of those movies have amazing, fly out in your face 3D. The movies are all fair to middling, but the effects make them fun to watch.

#615 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

Supposed to be picking up a 3D tv here in a few minutes. 55" Sony :) I heard they do the best job of 3D alongside Samsung, but I'm getting this tv for $950. The only 3D blu I have is Tron Legacy. Anyone know if BF is having a sale on 3D blus?
Posted Image

#616 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

Conan was awful, but that's my opinion and I definitely would not pay the 3d price for it. As for 3d titles to show off, here is a list of the best I have seen:

Tron Legacy
Toy Story 2 & 3
Legend of the Guardians
Coraline

Nice list, I guess I need to see LOTG because you are spot on with the others.

I picked up Alice In Wonderland and I think that also looks awesome. The barebones 3D only disc goes for around $10-15 on ebay (guessing it was a promo pack in of some sort earlier this year).

#617 Spacepest

Spacepest

Your Tax Dollars At Work

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

Maybe its just me, but...I must have crappy 3D movie theaters in my area. Movies I've seen on a 3D theater screen look better on my 3D TV at home. For example, Tron Legacy looked okay in a theater, but looks fantastic on my TV. I've just been buying random 3D blu rays because I'm starting to make a 3D movie collection, and I've been surprised how well they look on my TV screen.
(Well, except for Step Up. I'd be kind of embarrassed to be seen owning that. But I have a friend that watched in 3D, and said the movie was crap, but the 3D effects were awesome, such as they were. Feet and shaking asses popping out of the screen into your face).

And once word gets out among your friends and family that you have a 3D TV, you will NEVER have enough 3D glasses to go around.
"Videogames...why waste good technology (and $$$ ) on science and medicine?"

#618 darkdaze73

darkdaze73

Serious Fisherman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

Supposed to be picking up a 3D tv here in a few minutes. 55" Sony :) I heard they do the best job of 3D alongside Samsung, but I'm getting this tv for $950. The only 3D blu I have is Tron Legacy. Anyone know if BF is having a sale on 3D blus?

Starting tomorrow, Best Buy will have some Disney 3d's for $25 each. Not the best price since most were cheaper on release week.

Best Buy will also have some 3d's on sale BF for 17.99 each. I know one of the Harry Potters will be one of them, along with Rio, Polar Express, Narnia: Dawn Treader and a couple more.

#619 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

Anyone thinking of Tron 3D, it will be $25 at Best Buy tomorrow but Amazon has listed the deluxe set as a Black Friday gold box deal.
No price is listed though, it has been as low as $39 before.
Posted Image

#620 anderson4145

anderson4145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:42 PM

http://www.amazon.co.uk has some cheap 3d movies. I just bought saw, piranha and my bloody valentine for about $15 each including shipping.

#621 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:57 PM

Is that the 929 version and where u buy it at

#622 porieux

porieux

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:01 PM

http://www.amazon.co.uk has some cheap 3d movies. I just bought saw, piranha and my bloody valentine for about $15 each including shipping.

What about the region coding?

#623 noone13

noone13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

Tron 3D sucks :cry: not very much of the movie is even in 3D. Its a bad movie to start your 3D experience with in my opinion.

#624 anderson4145

anderson4145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

What about the region coding?

I should have mentioned you need a region free player.

#625 Gamer_Boy14

Gamer_Boy14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:32 AM

Well I know I will be buying Resident Evil Afterlife 3D from Amazon UK.

#626 anderson4145

anderson4145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:35 AM

Well I know I will be buying Resident Evil Afterlife 3D from Amazon UK.

Currently my favorite 3d movie.

#627 Gamer_Boy14

Gamer_Boy14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:02 AM

Currently my favorite 3d movie.

Soon, it will be mine, also.

#628 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:38 AM

Is that the 929 version and where u buy it at

http://www.amazon.co...21767151&sr=8-1

It's this TV. And I bought it from a local discount store that gets returns in from different places. However, Tron isn't even working with it for some reason even after buying the transmitter and glasses. The guy threw in Coraline and a 3D blu-ray player for free, Coraline works fine but it's not the best 3D I've seen yet. Gonna try out Uncharted 3 shortly.

Any recommendations on good 3D? Thought about Lion King or Captain America..
Posted Image

#629 gokou36

gokou36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:21 AM

Maybe its just me, but...I must have crappy 3D movie theaters in my area. Movies I've seen on a 3D theater screen look better on my 3D TV at home. For example, Tron Legacy looked okay in a theater, but looks fantastic on my TV. I've just been buying random 3D blu rays because I'm starting to make a 3D movie collection, and I've been surprised how well they look on my TV screen.
(Well, except for Step Up. I'd be kind of embarrassed to be seen owning that. But I have a friend that watched in 3D, and said the movie was crap, but the 3D effects were awesome, such as they were. Feet and shaking asses popping out of the screen into your face).

And once word gets out among your friends and family that you have a 3D TV, you will NEVER have enough 3D glasses to go around.

It's because the theater 3d's are passive, your 3d TV is probably active.

I don't like any of the RE movies so not sure if I'll get that. Enjoyed Final Destination 5 so maybe i'll get the first one since I've never seen it before.

#630 Gamer_Boy14

Gamer_Boy14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:27 AM

The 3D at my theater is active, but still pretty crappy, IMO. However, the active TV's I have seen look phenomenal.