3D Blu-Ray thread

• Please log in to reply
2873 replies to this topic

#1201 daruler022

daruler022

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

I am picking up Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas from BB tonight. The only other 3D Blu-ray I own is Tron: Legacy.

I got it last week when BB had it on sale. Very funny movie with some very well done 3D. It's the second best in the series behind White Castle.

Transformers Dark of the Moon is one of the best 3D Blu-Rays out! The movie was shot in 3D,but the Transformers themselves were converted,so sometimes they can look a little cardboard cut out-ish.

#1202 opterasis

opterasis

Bullhonkery!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

FYI Deep Discount is having a BOGO sale on select Blu-rays right now with PRES2012 code. Included in the sale are:

So both for $33.77 shipped.

I got excited when I saw a thread about the sale earlier, I was hoping it would include Thor and Captain America. Sadly, it didn't.

*edit* and I just ordered the 55LW5600 from Amazon! Can't wait for Wed for it to get here!
My Bluray owned list

http://www.points2sh...p?ref=opterasis

What I've gotten free from points2shop *updated* 1/16/12!
Spoiler

#1203 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

I got excited when I saw a thread about the sale earlier, I was hoping it would include Thor and Captain America. Sadly, it didn't.

*edit* and I just ordered the 55LW5600 from Amazon! Can't wait for Wed for it to get here!

You suck. I want to get a 3d tv as I now have like 36 3d movies lol :P

http://dmdragon.dvdaf.com/owned/3d-blu

I got it last week when BB had it on sale. Very funny movie with some very well done 3D. It's the second best in the series behind White Castle.

Transformers Dark of the Moon is one of the best 3D Blu-Rays out! The movie was shot in 3D,but the Transformers themselves were converted,so sometimes they can look a little cardboard cut out-ish.

If you like depth, there is very little popout from what i understand. A truly good 3d title will have both.

#1204 opterasis

opterasis

Bullhonkery!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

You suck. I want to get a 3d tv as I now have like 36 3d movies lol :P

http://dmdragon.dvdaf.com/owned/3d-blu

I believe I have around 10. I plan on getting a few more soon. I love the short period of time when I have money after I get my taxes done. lol
My Bluray owned list

Spoiler

#1205 logicmeme

logicmeme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

Picked up Lion King 3D from the barnes and noble sale for $20 with 20% off code and free shipping with trial membership. Good deal!
>Posted Image

#1206 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:34 AM

I believe I have around 10. I plan on getting a few more soon. I love the short period of time when I have money after I get my taxes done. lol

I actually got a 3d tv today.

Picked up a 42" Lg 3d passive with a free 3d blu-ray player and 4 sets of glasses for 700 bucks out the door. Not bad really

#1207 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:51 AM

yay! welcome to 3d! :D

#1208 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:00 AM

I'm going to scroll back and see if I can find more info, but does anyone know how "limited" the Hugo 3D is? Or what makes it limited? I mean it says limited and though I dont have 3D, if in the future I do, I'd prob preorder this version rather than standard bluray version.

#1209 Squall_L_FF8

Squall_L_FF8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:35 AM

I didn't think I was going to get a 3D TV so I didn't buy any 3D blu-rays. After I got a 3D TV, I had to re-buy some of the movies I previously bought. The $10 coupon from Transformers: Dark of the Moon helped a little.

I think the 1st two 3D movies I bought were Pirates of the Caribbean and Tekken: Blood Vengeance. The TV I bought was the Samsung 46" LED UN46D7000 which included 2 pairs of glasses and a blu-ray player. Almost got the Panasonic 50" plasma TCP50GT30 though. Didn't because the glasses cost too much.

#1210 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:22 AM

Just watched my first 3d movie. Legends of the guardians. That movie was..... breathtaking and utterly amazing.

#1211 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:23 AM

I'm going to scroll back and see if I can find more info, but does anyone know how "limited" the Hugo 3D is? Or what makes it limited? I mean it says limited and though I dont have 3D, if in the future I do, I'd prob preorder this version rather than standard bluray version.

I don't think limited means low in production. It's just a new way of saying "special edition" on 3d blus I think.

#1212 HorrorFan88

HorrorFan88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

Does anybody know if My Bloody Valentine is the real 3D version NOT the papered glasses one? The description is vague....and it pictures the actual 3D one, but I'd be pissed if I got it and it was the crappy version lol

#1213 opterasis

opterasis

Bullhonkery!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

Does anybody know if My Bloody Valentine is the real 3D version NOT the papered glasses one? The description is vague....and it pictures the actual 3D one, but I'd be pissed if I got it and it was the crappy version lol

I would assume it's the real 3d one because of the price. The crappy version you can get for like $12 these days.
My Bluray owned list

Spoiler

#1214 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

If you're talking about the DD sale, the one I linked to was the real 3d one (based on UPC and picture). The other 3d version is also part of the bogo sale and has cheaper MSRP and different pic/UPC.

#1215 merkman

merkman

CA is better than DA.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:52 PM

Well, I did it now. Not satisfied with the 24" Sony 3D display I bought 3 months ago, last night I brought home the 60" Samsung 7050 from Costco. Every time I walked by it in the store, the picture was SO good. The guest bedroom just became a home theater!!! ;)
"Remember, remember, the fifth of November - the gunpowder, treason, and plot.

I see no reason the gunpowder treason should *ever* be forgot."

#1216 msu89dawgs

msu89dawgs

Are you threatening me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:40 AM

Well, I did it now. Not satisfied with the 24" Sony 3D display I bought 3 months ago, last night I brought home the 60" Samsung 7050 from Costco. Every time I walked by it in the store, the picture was SO good. The guest bedroom just became a home theater!!! ;)

I started with a 3D PC for games and Blu-rays, then got a 55" LED TV, then a 720p 3D DLP projector with an 80"screen. I'm now at an Epson 1080p 3D LCD projector with a 100" screen. Hopefully that will be the last upgrade for a while.

#1217 pythoncancer

pythoncancer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

its just my opinion as i am fan of pop out effects rather then depth/I don`t like to put on glasses throughout movie for nothing so if you are in same boat -Don`t Miss "A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas " as goes for HUGO.Its good story and oscar worthy editing but lacks good 3D .It is only in beginning of movie where cam zooms .you can watch it in 2D .

MY Top 3=3D OUT OF SCREEN list (Documentaries not included )

1) Resident evil
2) Final Destination 5
3) A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas

whats your top 3 =3D movies ( exclude documentaries )

#1218 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

I don't notice a whole lot of pop out. I don't know if it's because I have a passive cinema lg, but while I see stuff coming at the screen, it doesn't usually come out. I will say that Drive Angry was pretty damn good for 3d over all.

#1219 Sk

Sk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

I don't notice a whole lot of pop out. I don't know if it's because I have a passive cinema lg, but while I see stuff coming at the screen, it doesn't usually come out. I will say that Drive Angry was pretty damn good for 3d over all.

I own a passive set they do amazing pop out. Go check out the two underwater documentaries by wb. The one with the potato cod has a 6 foot long pop out effect on my 47 inch set. Most movies tone down the pop out in favor for depth. I could see too much pop out being annoying.

#1220 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

I own a passive set they do amazing pop out. Go check out the two underwater documentaries by wb. The one with the potato cod has a 6 foot long pop out effect on my 47 inch set. Most movies tone down the pop out in favor for depth. I could see too much pop out being annoying.

That was on demo at the store, so I saw that. Haven't seen any pop out close to that yet on any of the 40 movies I own... although I haven't' even watched 1/4 of them yet.

#1221 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:58 AM

I actually got a 3d tv today.

Picked up a 42" Lg 3d passive with a free 3d blu-ray player and 4 sets of glasses for 700 bucks out the door. Not bad really

Best Buy? I think we might have bought the same model. Did it come with two pairs of white glasses and 2 orange?

#1222 pythoncancer

pythoncancer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:47 AM

Free movie DL from PNC products valid on pc or mac .its legit

http://www1.movie-promo.com/PNY-US
P82Q-LRSC-MWCJ-DV8Y

#1223 gokou36

gokou36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

How big is your screen and how far away do you sit? I noticed that if you sit closer, you can see the 3D better.

#1224 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:04 AM

Hey guys I just got Toy Story 3D Trilogy for $39.99 with FS at Barnes and Nobles because of this thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=315640. They have other Family/Kid movies in 3D that have good prices after the 20% coupon.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1225 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

Best Buy? I think we might have bought the same model. Did it come with two pairs of white glasses and 2 orange?

no, mine were all black. I got a 42LW5300

It was a christmas return and an open box, got it for 649 plus tax (700 out the door) with the free 3d blu player (that I already sold for 60 bucks) and 4 pairs of black passive glasses.

#1226 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

Hey guys I just got Toy Story 3D Trilogy for $39.99 with FS at Barnes and Nobles because of this thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=315640. They have other Family/Kid movies in 3D that have good prices after the 20% coupon.

Keep in mind that I don't believe these come with 2d blu's, just the 3d versions and disney 3d blu's don't work in 2d mode.

Just letting you and others know in case you didn't :P

#1227 Captain Wrong

Captain Wrong

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not worried about the 2D versions or the extras really.

#1228 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

Keep in mind that I don't believe these come with 2d blu's, just the 3d versions and disney 3d blu's don't work in 2d mode.

Just letting you and others know in case you didn't :P

Not going to lie I didn't know that so thanks. I have other Blu-ray 3Ds that are the same so it doesn't bother me and I don't own any of these on any other format so I would buy again later if a new format or 3D dies.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1229 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:43 PM

no, mine were all black. I got a 42LW5300

It was a christmas return and an open box, got it for 649 plus tax (700 out the door) with the free 3d blu player (that I already sold for 60 bucks) and 4 pairs of black passive glasses.

Weird. That's the exact same model number as mine. The box does show black glasses. I paid a little over $700 for mine and it's been fantastic.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#1230 pythoncancer

pythoncancer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:50 AM

Guys whats verdic on Ghost rider 3D and journey2 movies ? did anyone watch'em in theater.i read reviews but more interested in common peope suggestion rather then critics . i want to chose only one over another.

i know journey2 shot in 3D while Ghost rider post production 3D .