2913 replies to this topic

#2131 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

So, anyone plan on getting GAMER in 3D?

EDIT: Updated with review http://bluray.highde...5/gamer_3d.html

I think I am going to get for $10 after coupon at Best Buy!

Edited by doubledown, 02 May 2013 - 12:43 PM.

#2132 armandxp

armandxp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

I am, why not for $15. I've spent that much on lunch today.

#2133 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

I already pre-ordered from best buy back during one of those buy 3 BDs/get $10 GC deals--was going to buy the other 2 things anyway, so $5.

Actually, it was when they sent the free $10 RZ that you had to use w/in 2 days at end of March--still, only $5.

#2134 pablo escobar

pablo escobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

I'll probably get it, I'm a sucker for 3d titles

#2135 SweetP1983

SweetP1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

Thought the movie was decent but not a must to add to my collection. If the transfer is done really well, I may consider it. Especially only being $15.
135068.png]

#2136 anderson4145

anderson4145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

Thought the movie was decent but not a must to add to my collection. If the transfer is done really well, I may consider it. Especially only being $15.

You may want to read the review I posted a few days ago. It has a different aspect ratio for some reason.

#2137 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

coupon.com has $5 off coupon for Life of Pi (DVD, BD or 3D)

http://qpfabf.cpns.cc/

Thanks!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2138 lross

lross

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

Just picked up The Green Hornet for $9.99 from Fry's. 3D and movie were decent but nothing showcase worthy.

#2139 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

Saw this posted on another site:

BB - 2 Day Sale - 3D Movies $19.99 ($14.99 after U&S)

Includes:

Rise of the Guardians
Top Gun
Madagascar 3
Monsters vs Aliens
Megamind
Titanic

All the above are on sale for $19.99 Friday-Saturday. $14.99 after U&S.

LINK

#2140 impostor71

impostor71

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

Thanks for the heads-up on those, KyleN!

#2141 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

Nice, in for Monster Vs. Aliens and Madagascar 3...thanks!

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#2142 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Aren't Megamind and Monsters vs Aliens 3D only?

#2143 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

Unless Best Buy received a new version, Megamind is 3D/2D combo blu-ray and DVD.

EDIT: On the back of the case, it says:

This Blu-Ray 3D disc is also able to play in 2D mode.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#2144 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Though is it 2D playable in a non-3D BD player? Some discs are 3D/2D only in a 3D player and won't play in a non-3D player.

EDIT: The review of the Samsung exclusive version on Blu-Ray.com makes it seem like it can be done on 2D or 3D:
http://www.blu-ray.c...y/22146/#Review

As does the review on HighDefDigest:
http://bluray.highde...egamind_3d.html

#2145 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

Went with Top Gun and Madagascar 3

In case anyone wonders...
Top Gun comes with iTunes HD version
Madagascar 3 comes with iTunes SD version + Extras

#2146 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:33 AM

Sorry if this is the wrong place for it but anyone have opinions of How To Train Your Dragon in 3D? I love the film, just wondering how the 3D transfer is.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
P0B2hzf.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#2147 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

Sorry if this is the wrong place for it but anyone have opinions of How To Train Your Dragon in 3D? I love the film, just wondering how the 3D transfer is.

I enjoyed it, and am still very happy even with a double dip on the title. It's one of the more enjoyable CGI family blurays that my wife, kid and I equally love. We had watched the streaming 3D version on HBO twice before hand, so I had an idea what to expect in terms of the depth and application of 3D (although the streaming compression was no match to the 3d blu's PQ).

This review is pretty accurate IMHO (especially the part about the 3d master eschewing the more gimmicky 3D cliches & affectations). I would add that the 3D really helps flesh-out the physical presence of characters (and their differences)- the 3D also really heightens & improves some of the more emotional sequences and their impact (the first flight comes to mind- as the speed, depth and motion becomes much more immersive and- obviously- a more exhilarating emotional experience).

I heartily recommend the 3D blu to any fan of this film.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#2148 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

I like the Vudu app on the PS3 for checking out the quality of 3D movies. Type "3D" into the search bar and it shows a number of them.

Sometimes typing out the name of the movie will bring up what doesn't show up under the 3D list. They have a handful of them, not all.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2149 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:24 AM

I like the Vudu app on the PS3 for checking out the quality of 3D movies. Type "3D" into the search bar and it shows a number of them.

Sometimes typing out the name of the movie will bring up what doesn't show up under the 3D list. They have a handful of them, not all.

Damn, good to know. I never even thought of that. Thanks.

#2150 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Not sure if this was posted on CAG yet or not. Disney has announced a "work-around" for people who want Oz the Great and Powerful in 3D and 2D. As expected, the "work-around" involves you giving Disney more money (+$5.99):

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=11069
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#2151 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

Not sure if this was posted on CAG yet or not. Disney has announced a "work-around" for people who want Oz the Great and Powerful in 3D and 2D. As expected, the "work-around" involves you giving Disney more money (+$5.99):

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=11069

The "workaround" is absurd--I wouldn't mind if it was just 3D/DC if it was the same price or cheaper than the 2D/DVD/DC set (I would never watch the 2D or DVD copies--and most 3D players/TVs should let you watch the 3D version as 2D anyway). But it is already a premium price and they want you to pay more?! Does the 3D disc even contain all of the extras from the 2D version? From that thread it also sounded like they might also offer a similar upgrade to 3D. If that was the case, I might have preordered the 2D version on Amazon when they had the $5 coupon. Unless this drops to $20 or less for release day, I'll just wait for a cheap/used copy.

Edited by KyleN, 07 May 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#2152 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:08 AM

I enjoyed it, and am still very happy even with a double dip on the title. It's one of the more enjoyable CGI family blurays that my wife, kid and I equally love. We had watched the streaming 3D version on HBO twice before hand, so I had an idea what to expect in terms of the depth and application of 3D (although the streaming compression was no match to the 3d blu's PQ).

This review is pretty accurate IMHO (especially the part about the 3d master eschewing the more gimmicky 3D cliches & affectations). I would add that the 3D really helps flesh-out the physical presence of characters (and their differences)- the 3D also really heightens & improves some of the more emotional sequences and their impact (the first flight comes to mind- as the speed, depth and motion becomes much more immersive and- obviously- a more exhilarating emotional experience).

I heartily recommend the 3D blu to any fan of this film.

Really appreciate the heads up, think I'm going to buy it now!

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
P0B2hzf.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#2153 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

Did Speed Racer ever come out in 3D, if not do you think they will?

#2154 pablo escobar

pablo escobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

For anyone brave enough to venture into Walmart, Dredd 3d is priced as 12.96. YMMV

#2155 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

For anyone brave enough to venture into Walmart, Dredd 3d is priced as 12.96. YMMV

Damn... that's $2 cheaper than I just paid at Best Buy before the upgrade and save.

I just don't know if I could handle going in there to save $2.....

#2156 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

Hahaha, this is so true. It is like entering the Twilight Zone.

#2157 movie_mike

movie_mike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:39 AM

Did Speed Racer ever come out in 3D, if not do you think they will?

I'm sure as converting movies gets cheaper AND more people subscribe to 3D, yes, it'll happen. But until 3D picks up more steam, we're a ways off. Don't get me wrong, I think 3D is here to stay, but until autostereoscopic screens/tvs come out (no glasses), it won't have that "it" factor it's so desperately trying for.

#2158 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

Saw this posted on another site:

Dang missed that. Would have been all over Rise of the Guardians for $15. If anybody got that and didn't like it, I'm willing to trade Amazing Spider-Man or Hotel Transylvania (both 3D) for it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2159 pablo escobar

pablo escobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

Gamer 3d 9.99 at frys

#2160 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

Anyone find GAMER 3D at Best Buy? I was looking to use U&S coupon, but I didn't find it at one of my BB. Debating if I want to keep looking.