3D Blu-Ray thread

• Please log in to reply
2947 replies to this topic

#2251 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

I doubt it, considering the reception it received. Most people didn't like it, I personally couldn't even sit through it.

what was so bad about 10,000 BC

Edited by starmask2k3, 23 August 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#2252 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

I can't really even remember the film, but it's one of the few blu-rays I actually sold/traded off after watching.

Check here for Up-to-Date list of Current/Upcoming 3D BD titles (since this forum no longer has Wiki Posts)

kyool.jpg

#2253 anderson4145

anderson4145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

I just found it boring and it's sitting at 8% rotten so I think a lot of people agree. It's just my opinion, if you like it good for you.

#2254 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

US Release of Jumper on 3D BD has just been announced for October 15.

Looks like another case like I, Robot where they went from 2,35:1 to 1.78:1 for the 3D.

#2255 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Pacific Rim will be released on October 15 and R.I.P.D. October 29

Check here for Up-to-Date list of Current/Upcoming 3D BD titles (since this forum no longer has Wiki Posts)

kyool.jpg

#2256 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

I cannot wait to see Pacific Rim again.  I was like a kid all over again watching that movie.  Giant robots fighting giant monsters = happy me.

#2257 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

I highly doubt it would, none of the extended editions for LOTR ever carried the standard version.

Well, there was one version of the trilogy that had both the original and extended editions: the "Limited Edition" releases of the films.

The movies were on two-sided DVDs and had "seamless" branching to choose between the theatrical or extended versions. The only extra features included were the (then exclusive) Costa Botes documentaries.

Cash grab much?

That said, I still don't imagine we'll see something like that for a while (if we do at all) so I'm planning on shelling out some money come release date!

#2258 xhonzi

xhonzi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:19 AM

Any good deals on Star Trek this week?

#2259 pablo escobar

pablo escobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

It's 21.99 + shipping on deepdiscount.com, some people hate that site but I haven't had any problems with it

there's also 10% off at target with cartwheel

#2260 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

It also depends on which bonus features you want--sounds like Paramount divided up all of the bonus features, giving them to various retailers as exclusives. May need to buy like 3 versions if you actually want everything--so annoying.

http://digitalbits.c...nto-darkness-bd

So for example, the iTunes Extra download does have audio commentary with J.J. Abrams and his team.  There are additional featurettes that have been split up as CinemaNow and VUDU digital extras.  Still more are only available on exclusive bonus discs at Target and Best Buy. So in the end, fully half of the bonus content created for this title got scattered by the marketing team as a retailer promotions.

I had preordered from Amazon back when they had that 20% off your order coupon--no idea what bonus features theirs does/does not have.

#2261 anderson4145

anderson4145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

19.96 at walmart http://www.walmart.c...9469730&veh=cse

#2262 xhonzi

xhonzi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

Yeah, saw that.  I price matched at BBy since I was there.  I really just wanted to rent it, but for $20 I think I can watch it and sell it on half.com for a few dollars less.

It also depends on which bonus features you want--

I'm pretty disguested by this practice.  How many people really go and buy multiple copies so that they can watch the full EPK?  I have to imagine that it's fewer people than they tick off.

#2263 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

What's the story on this $14.99 Double Feature? (Note: my kid loves that horrid Sharkboy . . . flick, is that Spy Kids #X on par or worse than the rest?
http://www.bestbuy.c...4&skuId=6958266

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#2264 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

What's the story on this $14.99 Double Feature? (Note: my kid loves that horrid Sharkboy . . . flick, is that Spy Kids #X on par or worse than the rest?
http://www.bestbuy.c...4&skuId=6958266

I picked this up a while ago because it was cheap and I try to buy every mainstream feature film 3D BD release in order to support the format. Haven't seen the Sharkboy film yet, but The Spy Kids 3D is about on par with the rest of the franchise--none of them are all that great--expect cheesy effects and gimmicky at the camera 3D.

kyool.jpg

#2265 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

So what is the "best" 3D movie to watch to show off?  I just got a new TV but don't have much in the way of 3D content other than a bunch of recent Pixar movies (and my PS3 isn't even hooked up to it yet).

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#2266 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

So what is the "best" 3D movie to watch to show off?  I just got a new TV but don't have much in the way of 3D content other than a bunch of recent Pixar movies (and my PS3 isn't even hooked up to it yet).

i really like the 3D in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

#2267 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

The animated stuff seems to be the best. Watching Epic recently on 3D BD, I couldn't imagine only seeing it in 2D. The 3D adds so much.

kyool.jpg

#2268 md4man

md4man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

It's not likely you will ever get everyone to agree on what "the best" is. 

In my opinion, the best 3D in animated films that I have seen was in "Kung Fu Panda 2" and "Monster House". 

For live action movies, I thought "Hugo" & "Life of Pi" were very well done, with "The Avengers" a little behind.

"Avatar" gets a lot of attention & it was good, but I did not find it to be that spectacular.  I actually think the 3D in "Titanic" was more impressive. 

I just watched "Dredd" in 2D on Netfix & am now going to buy it in 3D (it's only $14.99 at Best Buy right now).  Based on what I saw in 2D, my guess is that it will look awesome.

#2269 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

So what is the "best" 3D movie to watch to show off? I just got a new TV but don't have much in the way of 3D content other than a bunch of recent Pixar movies (and my PS3 isn't even hooked up to it yet).

If you have a PS3 or a SmartTV, use the VUDU app to watch Previews. They have a nature one called Coral Reef that will show off 3D.

Just searching '3D' will pull up all types of movies. And, some movies can be found by searching their specific titles.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2270 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

The most amazing piece of pop-out 3D I have seen is on the IMAX Under the Sea 3D Blu-ray--the potato cod looks like it's coming out halfway across my living room.

kyool.jpg

#2271 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

The most amazing piece of pop-out 3D I have seen is on the IMAX Under the Sea 3D Blu-ray--the potato cod looks like it's coming out halfway across my living room.

Haha! So true! I have that one. Got it for $10 when Best Buy had it for $14.99 during an U&S sale.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2272 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

I just watched "Dredd" in 2D on Netfix & am now going to buy it in 3D (it's only $14.99 at Best Buy right now).  Based on what I saw in 2D, my guess is that it will look awesome.

It is pretty spectacular.  

I thought Resident Evil Retribution, Amazing Spider-Man, and basically any Disney 3D movie look phenomenal.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#2273 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

Turbo has been officially announced for November 12

kyool.jpg

#2274 Havokscry

Havokscry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:23 AM

Hopefully its true that the Iron Man 3 3D will be $24.96 at Walmart tomorrow.

#2275 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

Hopefully its true that the Iron Man 3 3D will be $24.96 at Walmart tomorrow.

The ad on my desk is going to make it true when I pm it at Target. I got ahead of myself, I forgot Target wasn't going to carry the 3D release.

#2276 Havokscry

Havokscry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

Do you know the start date of the Walmart ad? Rang up at $36.96 this morning. The only ad they had up front ended today. Picked one up to price match. Only saw four copies at my store.

#2277 dakuecker

dakuecker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

I live in Wisconsin and it rang up at $36.96 but I showed them the ad. According to management, they can't honor national ads because my state has a consumer law that prohibits selling below cost (unfair to other retailers). They said if the ad came from any other retailer or if the store was in Minnesota, no problem.

FYI, limited copies as well (6).

#2278 Havokscry

Havokscry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

Do you know if the start date of the ad is today or tomorrow?

#2279 KyleN

KyleN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

Do you know if the start date of the ad is today or tomorrow?

The ad scan says 9/22-9/28

kyool.jpg

#2280 Havokscry

Havokscry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

Thanks! Someone actually had the Parade at work. :)