Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Out Now!

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#121 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:37 AM

I really didn't expect something like that from them. They should've just been upfront about it not being in the game. I doubt anyone would've cared, especially since they left the subquests in. But now they've lost some people's trust. Was that worth it, Atlus??

#122 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:27 AM

When I played it last week, and while going through the menus I was like "I wonder where the theater mode is..." shrugged my shoulders and played for a few hours, thinking it was unlocked after beating the game or something along those lines. Nice to know they gimped a feature that was originally in the game. =/

My take is this, honestly as long as the main game was translated from the PS1 original 100%, I am content, not happy with the decision, but content. Like everyone said they should have been more upfront about it instead of hiding behind the fact that they never one mentioned it being included, as that was proof enough of "well you didn't ask, and we weren't going to mention it" as being good enough to make it all right. Which is isn't.

Now if Atlus wants to make it up, I have a big list of PSP titles I want localized, like now. And a free copy of Catherine would be nice too. ;)
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#123 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:10 AM

Did amazon stop selling this game? I can't find a listing being sold from amazon only found third parties.

#124 jello44

jello44

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:23 PM

Did amazon stop selling this game? I can't find a listing being sold from amazon only found third parties.

I heard that Amazon was having problems with the way copies were shipping and they received a lot of complaints, so they just stopped carrying it for the time being.

72768.png

#125 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:41 PM

Finished it last night, loved it. Really don't know what the reviewers were on about.

#126 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:36 PM

Finished it last night, loved it. Really don't know what the reviewers were on about.

They were on crack.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#127 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:37 PM

About how long did it take you?

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#128 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:23 AM

amazon had it day one and then stop selling it due to complaints .. they then did carry it again for 2 or 3 days but then took it off their site... went into chat and was told

AMAZON will no longer be selling this game in the near future due to shipping problems

it seems they cant put the item in a box its up to the shipping department how they ship it and they are tired of the complants they are getting

Glad i did get the game off gamefly for 20 (after my gamebuxs and discount)

got the case today off gamefly and it came with the outer cardboard box and the CD so its like brand new to me .. nice pick up for 20 since who knows if amazon will ever carry it again and i doubt we see a price drop anytime soon at gamestop
WOOOO I STINK

#129 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:35 AM

I was going to post a picture of something to show the stupidity of this situation, but got tired of looking for something adequate.

So I'll just rephrase what I said before, it's a FuckING cardboard box, for Fuck's sake....:roll:

I understand collectibility and all that, (I own many collectors editions and odds and ends) but I value the content of those things rather than the stupid box it comes in. Some people have their priorities messed up when it comes to their hobbies. Bunch of whiny babies. [-(

Now they complain Amazon doesn't have a game to sell to them, the secondary market scammers are taking full advantage of the situation (@$$holes) and Atlus is loosing sales and even more reputation due to this mess and the missing content cock up. I blame
Spoiler
for this, this game seems to have some serious bad mojo attached to it. (Even though I think its freakin' awesome, bad mojo non-withstanding)
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#130 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:01 AM

About how long did it take you?

Clock says 36:50. Did a bit of NPC chatting/exploring, probably a minimum of sidequests. Did a lot of (eventually rather pointless) demon contacting in the first half, very little in the second half.

#131 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:37 AM

That's weird - I ordered this from Amazon and got it just fine around launch.
Posted Image

#132 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:57 AM

Started today. I'm in the second dungeon, I put it on hard for now because it's just been too easy. It's still pretty easy. I don't remember it being this easy. Not really a bad thing but...

I know I'd rather have it easy than Eternal Punishment, which was basically impossible without knowing what you're doing.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#133 diaeresis

diaeresis

Lemon$$$$ '08

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:54 AM

Is this still worth buying? I played 10-20 hours of P2: EP a decade ago and bought it again after the reprint 6 or however many years ago. Music was haunting, storyline was intriguing, I loved the details like the iMacs in the internet cafe, but the demon negotiation in battles made me want to kill myself.

#134 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:19 PM

Just use a guide for the demon negotiation.

Yes it is still worth buying.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#135 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:24 PM

I just changed the difficulty back to normal. It's not that hard was hard. It wasn't. It just took slightly longer to kill enemies. They still did pitiful damage. So all it was doing was slightly wasting my time keeping it on hard. Maybe I'll change it back for some of the tougher bosses.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#136 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:28 AM

I need to find time to play this some more.
Posted Image

#137 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:27 PM

God damn. The decreased difficulty of normal mode vs. the original PS1 game is way more apparent during the final boss fight than anywhere else. The PS1 version has a devastating attack where it can randomly instantly kill multiple party members (we're talking 1-4 but never all 5 at once and never more than n-1 of the party members still alive). It has deadly accuracy in the PS1 version. Normal mode on the PSP? It never killed anyone. At all. And a lot of the attacks did 1 damage to a lot of my guys. 1. damage. The Fuck Atlus. I am wondering if the deadly attack has more accuracy on Hard Mode, because this was just a joke. I didn't powerlevel either, my guys were an average of the high 50s.

EDIT: WHAT A JOKE!! I just reloaded my game before the final boss, to change the difficulty to hard mode to see if he's any harder there. Apparently, I ALREADY WAS IN HARD MODE AND BEAT HIM IN HARD MODE. WHAT THE Fuck!!! Nice job COMPLETELY ruining a challenging boss fight, Fatlus!

Edited by Dead of Knight, 24 October 2011 - 08:53 PM.

RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#138 cindersphere

cindersphere

Running on no sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:15 AM

God damn. The decreased difficulty of normal mode vs. the original PS1 game is way more apparent during the final boss fight than anywhere else. The PS1 version has a devastating attack where it can randomly instantly kill multiple party members (we're talking 1-4 but never all 5 at once and never more than n-1 of the party members still alive). It has deadly accuracy in the PS1 version. Normal mode on the PSP? It never killed anyone. At all. And a lot of the attacks did 1 damage to a lot of my guys. 1. damage. The Fuck Atlus. I am wondering if the deadly attack has more accuracy on Hard Mode, because this was just a joke. I didn't powerlevel either, my guys were an average of the high 50s.

EDIT: WHAT A JOKE!! I just reloaded my game before the final boss, to change the difficulty to hard mode to see if he's any harder there. Apparently, I ALREADY WAS IN HARD MODE AND BEAT HIM IN HARD MODE. WHAT THE Fuck!!! Nice job COMPLETELY ruining a challenging boss fight, Fatlus!

The instant death in the original was more cheap than difficult. However I am a little sad to hear that they pared down the difficulty.
Religion ends and philosophy begins, just as alchemy ends and chemistry begins and astrology ends, and astronomy begins. - Christopher Hitchens 1949-2011

#139 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:08 AM

First time playing the game. I clocked in about over 9 hours just before the first boss (the principal) mainly cause I spent more time checking in with every NPC, every demon I ran into, as well as getting all of the Fusion Skills I could at the time while maxing out my party's Personas. It does feel a tad easy on Normal (had the basic gear when fighting the principal and was only getting hit by 1s by some, while Lisa and Yukki took 9 damage at most, whereas my Fire skills did over 100 damage), but I don't really mind. I'm enjoying it for what it is.

I probably should have invested more time into actually playing Persona, though. Some of the backstory's lost to me and would probably be more charming if I finished Persona first. Either way, definitely prefer this PSP port over Persona 3's. Really hated how everything but the battles became point-and-click and visual novel style. The sprites in P2 seem to have more emotion to them than P3P's did when they decided to ditch using the character models from the PS2 version.

#140 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:53 PM

You don't really miss much from not playing 1. Most of the original's playable characters make an appearance and reference the original but the story is totally separate.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#141 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:30 PM

Well that's what I meant. I would've understood their backstories a little more if I sat through the first, but it's all good. Wasn't any different from going through Persona 4 before finishing Persona 3.

On another note, I took on the first mission of the Climax Theater after the first boss fight on a whim. Jumped from level 6 to 14 by the end of that. Did I just make the main story easier for myself by reducing the amount of grinding needed by getting hefty EXP bumps from stronger enemies?

#142 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:38 PM

Grinding isn't necessary in the game anyway. Like I said, they reduced the difficulty of the game even further. I wouldn't worry about it. You were going to have an easy time anyway with the game.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#143 ivana89

ivana89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

http://blog.hardcore...nocent-sin.html
Somewhat unfortunately, it sounds like they cut the Climax Theatre Quest-Creation feature out of the US version. It's not a major loss, since it was something that was apparently added for the PSP version, and its removal doesn't detract too much from the package. As the blog post above points out, more unfortunate is that Atlus is sticking with the "Well, even though it was in the Japanese version, we didn't promise it..." when the bigger sin is that they didn't say anything about this removal before release. Even the topic on their own forums regarding the feature was posted on 9/2, while AtlusAram and the other Atlus employees didn't respond until today, 9/28, to confirm the feature's removal.

As I said before, the removed content is unfortunate, though not a deal-breaker. How they went about its removal (silently, with no transparency whatsoever), however, is another issue.

for those of us who haven't yet bought P2:IS (me included), is the UK version complete? pricing is comparable to US MSRP. TIA.

Spoiler

#144 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:01 PM

I am betting no. Aren't these releases based on the American translation?
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#145 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:25 PM

for those of us who haven't yet bought P2:IS (me included), is the UK version complete? pricing is comparable to US MSRP. TIA.

I am betting no. Aren't these releases based on the American translation?

Compared to the JPN version? Like DoK said, probably not, they probably just licensed the US version and will release it "as-is" especially if Ghostlight published it. (Since Atlus doesn't have a publishing arm in Europe)

Edit: Just checked, yeah Ghostlight did the release in Europe, so basically its going to be the same version Atlus released in the US for all intents and purposes.

#146 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

Like I said in another thread, I'd like to play this game again, but it's too intense for my mind now with all the stress I've had in my life lately. I love the game and want to play it again, and I'll revisit it later. I need to lighten up and play Nintendo games for awhile.
Posted Image

#147 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:59 AM

Didn't even know this was in the works

http://p-atlus.jp/p2x/

Persona 2 Eternal Punishment comes out in JPN in May, maybe we'll have it by late Summer (even though I already own the PS1 version, it would be nice to have a complete set of PSP remakes)

Bad ass cover art by Kaneko too. :drool:

http://andriasang.co...na_2_packaging/

More to come, with hopefully an announcement at E3 with all luck. ;)

#148 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

I wonder if they'll keep the much higher difficulty of EP, or nerf it like they did IS (which was pretty easy to begin with, other than the final boss). Either way I'll still buy... EP had too much grinding for tarot cards anyway.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

#149 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

I wonder if they'll keep the much higher difficulty of EP, or nerf it like they did IS (which was pretty easy to begin with, other than the final boss). Either way I'll still buy... EP had too much grinding for tarot cards anyway.

Well supposedly they are adding an extra scenario with Tetsuya and some other odds and ends, so it'll be an enhanced version of the PS1 game, still like I said I'm looking forward to it, and no doubt it will be out in the fall like P2:IS.

#150 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

Sigh....fucking Atlus.

PS1 release of P2: EP, that isn't compatible with Vita, then full out cancelling PSP version with no rhyme or reason. Nich Maragos from Atlus (editor on their staff) posted over at Neo Gaf that he was going to reveal a reason why they couldn't not wouldn't (or didn't want to) release P2:EP on PSP on the PSN blog for P2:EP PS1. Official wording was unusual circumstances Well some where along the way Atlus or Sony blocked the explanation, Nich asked to be banned from Neo Gaf (users pestering him or some such) and more drama queen crap about this and that popped up there and on his Twitter, and still no explanation other than complications.

Spoiler

In effect saying nothing but a big Fuck you to users that have been patiently waiting for this to be released. Atlus even locked the thread on their forums requesting it's release before the announcement, when the PS1 version leaked it was ESRB rated for PSN.

So sigh..... Fuck Atlus.

I went and imported it, along with Valkyria Chonicles 3 (Fuck Sega ;) ) from Sam (awesome CAG) over at http://www.dv8cag.com/ The two games cost me around $30, plus about $15-20 to get forwarded by Sam and his wife Ai to me, which is still tons cheaper then dealing with Ebay ($80-90 for both shipped) or digitally on JPN PSN, where it'll cost almost $100 for both.

Don't even get me started on Xseed and the Legend of Heroes games (tale for another day). Atlus as a company is going to hell in a hand basket since Index took controlling interest, wouldn't surprise me they pull a Nautilis when Aruze killed'em or even worse a Sega when they merged with Sammy (shudder)

And I must say it one more time, because I truly must, but....

Fuck Atlus.

Spoiler