CAGcast #220: You Tell 'em, Slaphead

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Yay! This is so awesome. I just saw CheapyD post that a new cagcast was on it's way on facebook. Now i get to spend the next hour listening to CheapyD, Wombat and Shipwreck at work. Thanx for making my nite guys! ;)

OMG I JUST GOT A SHOUTOUT! IM SO HAPPY! lol, thanx guys!

lol, great show as always. I think lots of people will be playing Enslaved for the $25 price amazon was selling it at. I know I just started it.

haha, slap head is hilarious. and woot Kube00 got a shoutout too at the end. Peace Cagcast! Thanx

Last edited by a moderator:
Just in time for the commute to work. Nice job guys... hopefully the show is good :D I'll be back if it is... and if it isn't...

I think maybe Wombat was thinking of this arcade game, Namco's Lucky & Wild.

Debatable if it's better than the Chase H.Q. sequels though.

04c4c54c5b9de78aac8ef7c0c4b18017-orig

Who was supposed to be singing old mcdonald during the clip at the end.. Wombat or his kid... cause I'm pretty sure wombat sang most of it.. fail

I was actually surprised to hear that much game talk coming out of Cheapy's mouth. Usually it happens to be toilets and iPhones.

I'm also glad you've given us tips on dealing with hair loss. Now i'll never lose the bone in my boner thanks to you, Cheapy.

Subarus are great cars. Amazing engines and great all wheel drive

Is your engine H6 or H4?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mahoney07']Subarus are great cars. Amazing engines and great all wheel drive

Is your engine H6 or H4?[/QUOTE]

We went with the 4 cylinder. Plenty of pep for what we need.

As far as Assassin's Creed 2's combat goes it's actually quite different from the first two games. In the 1st two games it was mostly just about countering moves, but now you are more effective at being proactive, and enemies don't want attack you one at a time. You can also start out a kill chain by initiating a power kill on one enemy via attacking or blocking and then you can press the left stick in direction of another enemy and hit X to execute another dude and that can continue until you mess it up or get hit. I definitely think it's a step up from the past games and that it will be hard to go back to the previous games with the combat in this being overhauled.

Also, the execution where you kick them in the stomach causing them to hunch over and you shoot them in the back of the head...brutal! I love it!

I'm assuming that was Wombat and Sabrina as the outro. So cute, along with the Cheapy and Tai ones from earlier shows. Making me more willing to have a kid.

[quote name='iamnick']Who was supposed to be singing old mcdonald during the clip at the end.. Wombat or his kid... cause I'm pretty sure wombat sang most of it.. fail[/QUOTE]

You fucking failed Wombat's kid? :hot:

Good show guys, I like how Wombat keeps the show moving with thoughtful open ended questions. Gotta agree about Pac-Mac CE DX. It's the anti-Kinnect. Oh, and it's coming to PSN before the end of the month.

Here is how Enslaved could have sold more copies. Call it Call of Duty: Enslaved. There's a guaranteed 2 million units sold.

Good show guys.

Cheapy, maybe you are joking (or not?) but I wonder if keeping your son away from the new TV will only increase his desire to touch it?

When our family got a new LCD TV, I was also protective of the TV. However it cannot be guarded all the time, so I was not thrilled when my daughter decided to draw on the screen with her crayons. It cleaned off fine, then we explained that paper, and not TV screens, are for drawing and it was been pretty good since then.

Ship, we have an outback as well. it is a great car. I hate minivans and this has been a good family car for us. Ours is a 4 cylinder as well, works fine even in snow and better mileage than the 6.

Cheers.

Oh damn, Wombat got something wrong again this week. Pac-Man CE DX is available for PSN Nov 23. I guess you made a CAG happy tho. ;)

[quote name='LiK']Oh damn, Wombat got something wrong again this week. Pac-Man CE DX is available for PSN Nov 23. I guess you made a CAG happy tho. ;)[/QUOTE]

Well it is still an exclusive "today"

Wombat should just jump into some COD online. Avoid Team Deathmatch and play things like Ground War or Headquarters. You don't have to be amazing to get points in those games and not be in last place. Just play enough to get to play those and I think you'll have fun.

Avoid Medal of Honor though. That game is infuriating online much more than COD could be.

I just started listening to these and they're hilarious! I know some people complain about the off topic discussions like toilet posture, but I think it's really funny

Great show! I was waiting for maybe some Kinect talk though. Have you heard anything about the new dog fighting kinect game? Michael vicktimals I believe.

Trixie360 leaving Xbox isn't such a big deal. I used to follow her on Facebook but it's been a long, long time since she talked about games. I finally unfollowed her on UnFriend Day the other day. I get the sense she resented the Major Nelson community for not liking her like they did E, Laura Lollipop, or Stepto.

My wife, who doesn't follow video games at all, came to me the other day and said we should get Kinect for the kids for christmas. I asked her if she knew that there was also a motion control accessory for PS3. She didn't know.

I've seen almost no advertising for Move, but lots for Kinect. They managed to get my wife excited for Kinect and she hadn't even heard of Move. WTF Sony? Did a Microsoft spy infiltrate Sony and cause them to make stupid decision after stupid decision?

Is your kids singing a now permanent end to the CAGcast? If so, get on it Shipwreck! Have a kid or three already!

Great show guys, keep it up!

[quote name='eataburger']You fucking failed Wombat's kid? :hot:

Good show guys, I like how Wombat keeps the show moving with thoughtful open ended questions. Gotta agree about Pac-Mac CE DX. It's the anti-Kinnect. Oh, and it's coming to PSN before the end of the month.[/QUOTE]

No, I failed wombat, because he's a giant attention whore. Mid cheapy sentence.. "HEY GAIZ I BE RIGHT BACK I GOTZ TO GO"... A little later cutting cheapy off again.. "HEY GAIZ I AM BACK U MISS ME TEHEHEHE"... Then end of show, he kept cutting his kid off from singing... The guy needs friends

[quote name='iamnick']No, I failed wombat, because he's a giant attention whore. Mid cheapy sentence.. "HEY GAIZ I BE RIGHT BACK I GOTZ TO GO"... A little later cutting cheapy off again.. "HEY GAIZ I AM BACK U MISS ME TEHEHEHE"... Then end of show, he kept cutting his kid off from singing... The guy needs friends[/QUOTE]

Will you be my friend?

[quote name='banodyne']Trixie360 leaving Xbox isn't such a big deal. I used to follow her on Facebook but it's been a long, long time since she talked about games. I finally unfollowed her on UnFriend Day the other day. I get the sense she resented the Major Nelson community for not liking her like they did E, Laura Lollipop, or Stepto.[/QUOTE]

But she wasn't on the podcast nearly as much as the other three?

Btw, they way the three dudes on the Major Nelson podcast suck up to Laura is kind of creepy. They spent so much time going on about how her appearance at Microsoft's E3 press conference should be enough for a Wikipedia page, which was funny to me because the only mentions I read of it on gaming websites weren't too kind.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/eurogamers-best-of-e3-2010?page=2

The "Let's Chill Here on the Deck" Kaz Hirai Memorial Award for excellence in strained banter: The unfortunate young woman demonstrating Kinect's video chat with her sister during the Microsoft conference delivered the most eye-wateringly scripted, halting and false exchange of the year. Maybe the future of humanity... is Don Mattress turning us all into lobotomised family entertainment nodes.

I didn't know Subaru had steak houses too...

Even with all this talk of Kinect advertising and stuff about Move, I can't help but wonder: after the holidays, will much of anything else be heard about Kinect? Or Move for that matter? All the people are that are in a rush to get Kinect are probably the same who had to have Wiis right away that are now collecting dust in closets.

[quote name='Curufinwe']But she wasn't on the podcast nearly as much as the other three?

Btw, they way the three dudes on the Major Nelson podcast suck up to Laura is kind of creepy. They spent so much time going on about how her appearance at Microsoft's E3 press conference should be enough for a Wikipedia page, which was funny to me because the only mentions I read of it on gaming websites weren't too kind.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/eurogamers-best-of-e3-2010?page=2[/QUOTE]
You must be a recent listener. In the early days of the show, it was just Major Nelson with no co-hosts. E and Trixie were frequent guests. The listeners loved E. Eventually he became co-host. Trixie on the other hand always got a flood of comments saying keep her off. She didn't "get" most of the games the fans were into. To top it off, she's a little shrill and there were people who complained just about the sound of her voice. It happened so often that E would goof on her about it. Eventually she stopped coming on. Laura and Stepto were also guests but the fans responded to them because they were excited about games from a genuine place instead just marketing big releases.

As for Laura, there is a little bit of the "Omigod, a cute girl who is actually one of the coders on Xbox" effect going on there. But to be fair, none of them, even Major Nelson, has ever presented at the actual E3 presentation. You could clearly see she had stage fright but I think reviewers would been a little more forgiving if they knew she wasn't from PR/marketing but one of the actual engineers who made it happen.

I think I started listening in late 2007.

You are right that MS should have made it more obvious than she was someone who actually worked on Kinect and not just another presenter.

[quote name='Wombat']Well it is still an exclusive "today"[/QUOTE]

Really?! You can't be serious... lol You guys talked about that game like it was NEVER coming to PS3. I had to look it up for myself... glad I did.

[quote name='Thomas96']Really?! You can't be serious... lol You guys talked about that game like it was NEVER coming to PS3. I had to look it up for myself... glad I did.[/QUOTE]

Thats a joke, lighten up. I was wrong, I got the wrong information for another podcast and perpetuated the wrong info. I guess I should pack it in, because I thought that Pac-Man was an exclusive. Probably the worst mistake ever made by anyone. I am glad that it has been brought up by various different people as if it had not been mentioned yet.

The reason I don't like call of duty is that as a high school student, the only games any of my friends own is call of duty or halo. Its a little bit frustrating that 90% of the kids have an xbox, but if you try to talk about anything but call of duty or halo you get ripped on. The games are not that good, and most people i know just skip over the single player. That's why I cringe every time a call of duty game does well. I feel like my life would be better if it got forever cancelled. Hopefully once activision releases the next game that's nothing like the other ones, it'll start to decline.

I really wonder how the new reconstituted Infinity Ward without all the top developers that left is going to do with next year's Call of Duty? Frankly I was impressed how well Treyarch did with Black Ops.

Another interesting CagCast guys! Keep up the good work. Btw, Wombat's special ending was definitely the cutest thing i've heard all week. the CagCast made my day, and that topped it off. Thanks guys!

bread's done
Back