Cities XL 2012 - $6.99
Cities XL 2011 - $4.24

========================================

Painkiller: Hell and Damnation Preorder - $12
Anno 2070 - $25
Alan Wake - $20
The Walking Dead - $18
MumboJumbo Collection - $43

Edited by manyT, 11 October 2012 - 08:13 PM.

#10472 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

W:
Farming Simulator 2012

H:
$7.49

Missed on the glitch, if anyone got in on it and changed their mind I will take it off your hands :)

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#10473 Fozbot

Fozbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

{H} Desura Keys: Battlegroup / Postal 2 / Garshasp: The Monster Slayer / Battlemass / Pitman / NEO Scavenger - $1 (for all Desura keys)

{H} Steam keys: King's Bounty: The Legend / Avencast: Rise of the Mage / Worms / Alien Breed 2 / World of Goo / X-blades - $2 (for all Steam keys)

{H} RIFT digital (x2) - $3.50/each

{H} Steam trade/gifts: Orcs Must Die ($5) / The Longest Journey + Dreamfall ($10)

#10474 Mr.Unger

Mr.Unger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

[H] All steam games for cheap (no keys) [W] Paypal (I'll beat the guy selling to you)
Laugh, and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.

#10475 starwa1ker

starwa1ker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

[W] Skyrim

[H] Paypal, Amazon GC

#10476 St4rgalaqtic

St4rgalaqtic

I have no stars... WHY?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

:)

You have to stop posting in here man, I see that crazy fox animation and crack up everytime....YOUR HORRIBLE!!!!

#10477 cobolatrix

cobolatrix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

[H]
Natural Selection 2 gift $12

[W]
Paypal

#10478 roosterHairs

roosterHairs

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Hey if you still have the games I'm interested in buying Beat Hazard and Razor 2 off of you. Here's my steam profile http://steamcommunit...561197993460604

Add/message me for paypal

Have (Steam keys):

Alien Shooter - $1
A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda - $1
Beat Hazard Ultra - $1
Dungeon Defenders - $2
Ironclads Collection - $2
King's Bounty: Armored Princess - $1
Making History: The Calm & The Storm - $1
Razor 2: Hidden Skies - $1
Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor, Braid (combination key) - $3
Steel Storm: Burning Retribution - $1

Have (others):

Any PopCap game priced at $19.95 on the PopCap website - $5
RIFT digital copy - $5
SubSoap Infinity Bundle Key - $25 (one time promotional giving you access to every SubSoap game ever made, the only catch is that the site to redeem it isn't live yet)

Want:

Paypal

#10479 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

I was wrong.

I googled the regional pricing circumvention thing, and some users who have done it excessively have been warned about it by Valve. The lesson is basically this: buy a few things that way and you're okay. Don't make a habit of it though. If Valve notices a pattern they will give you a warning.

Makes perfect sense, if someone is doing it intentionally there would be a lot of evidence of such on their account, which gives them the grounds to call you out. But if it's only a couple of games, how would the average user actually know they're buying a Ukraine or Russian gift on a few occasions?

They're not going to be heavy handed about enforcing this. You're safe to buy a few games, so I suggest getting deep discounts on the big ones and calling it a day. And make sure you buy a lot of other games in between your RU/Ukraine/Whatever ones.

Just got this.

This game was activated with a product code that is valid only in a specific geographic region. Since you are not currently in that region, XCOM: Enemy Unknown is not available to play.

Very upset. Wonder if this means my Call of Duty Black Ops II copy is bad too...

I'm out like, 80 bucks now. I was so addicted to X-Com. Such a great game. Overblew my video game budget to get it, and I can't play anymore. This seriously sucks.

Edited by Das_Regal, 12 October 2012 - 12:27 AM.

#10480 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

I was wrong.Just got this.Very upset. Wonder if this means my Call of Duty Black Ops II copy is bad too...

I'm out like, 80 bucks now. I was so addicted to X-Com. Such a great game. Overblew my video game budget to get it, and I can't play anymore. This seriously sucks.

Where / who did you buy XCOM from and was it a key or steam gift?

#10481 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

still looking for xcom. pm me.

#10482 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:46 AM

Where / who did you buy XCOM from and was it a key or steam gift?

It was a gift. I bought it from some guy from Steam Trades, but I assume the same is happening to anyone who got a gifted copy of X-Com from a different region.

:( Is all I can say at this point.

#10483 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:51 AM

It was a gift. I bought it from some guy from Steam Trades, but I assume the same is happening to anyone who got a gifted copy of X-Com from a different region.

:( Is all I can say at this point.

Now I am afraid to claim my copy since it is a different region and I am in the US. It is still sitting in my inventory.

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#10484 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

They'll take it away from you, don't do it.

At least if it's in your inventory you can trade it. It's totally valueless once you redeem it.

#10485 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

Have:
-Sold! (SCII)
-MW3 ($15/code-$20/shipped)
-BF3
-ACR

Want:
-Amazon GC
-PayPal

Edited by MC Kage, 12 October 2012 - 09:57 AM.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#10486 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

They'll take it away from you, don't do it.

At least if it's in your inventory you can trade it. It's totally valueless once you redeem it.

From what I've read it looks like they snuck in a Region Lock with the past update to the game. But I thought gifted games didn't have restrictions when redeeming them? Not sure what I am going to do now if this is true. If anyone else has a (RU) copy are you still able to play?

#10487 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

You people should check for tags in Steam gifts titles you are about to buy. Just insist before paying to see whether the game is tagged or not. Always avoid anytthing tagged (RU) or (CIS) because they would be 75% locked (some are not locked just tagged but it is still a risk). Also avoid (DE). (AU) and (JP) (they are censored most of the time but not locked)

XCOM Enemy Unknown (RU) PrePurchase and XCOM Enemy Unknown (RU) are region locked. Period

You should always get untagged games or games with (RoW) or (NA) tag (these are region free)

Posted Image

Steam keys are totally different thing. COD series cheap Steam keys are mostly (RU) locked for activation (need Russian VPN) and they are risky, while the same COD series in Russian Steam store as gifts are not tagged at all and are region free
Borderlands 2 (RU) Steam keys were region free first although they have (RU) tag but now new keys are locked, while Steam Store gifts were (RU) tagged and locked from the start

As a CAG, I like cheap games, but also would NEVER risk my account with any tagged game (locked or not)

fs_pc.png

#10488 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

As a CAG, I like cheap games, but also would NEVER risk my account with any tagged game (locked or not)

Ironically, the only (RU) game I have in my account (that was redeemed via a key) is Witcher 2, and the key came directly from the publisher.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#10489 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

Well then on that note any CAG from Russia looking for XCOM? lol

XCOM Enemy Unknown PrePurchase

Want
Paypal

Damn was really looking forward to playing this game. Oh well.

#10490 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

Ironically, the only (RU) game I have in my account (that was redeemed via a key) is Witcher 2, and the key came directly from the publisher.

Ironically, I forgot that I traded for the same Witcher 2 (RU) Steam key last year (im my first days of trading) lol

Glad to know that it seems The Witcher 2 Steam keys are only (RU) because the game was only available as a Direct Download DRM Free

Well then on that note any CAG from Russia looking for XCOM? lol

XCOM Enemy Unknown PrePurchase

Want
Paypal

Damn was really looking forward to playing this game. Oh well.

You can try to contact Steam support and say that the gift has no indication that it can't be played in certain regions. Steam should put a note in red (just like they did with Guest Passes) on those locked RU gifts that they would not work outside Russia/CIS region

fs_pc.png

#10491 MegaXtrike

MegaXtrike

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

From what I've read it looks like they snuck in a Region Lock with the past update to the game. But I thought gifted games didn't have restrictions when redeeming them? Not sure what I am going to do now if this is true. If anyone else has a (RU) copy are you still able to play?

a friend played the game without problem yesterday and now he can't because of the update :S and the RU problem

#10492 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

It's weird that I was able to play for days before they locked it down...

I never should've been unable to unpack the game without a warning if I wasn't going to be able to play it. Steam has seriously failed me, now I'm out a bunch of money.

#10493 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

I have no job and had to move back home.

I do not have the money to buy another freaking copy of XCOM. I am so pissed right now, Steam and 2K better get their crap together and give me my game back.

#10494 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:26 AM

I have no job and had to move back home.

I do not have the money to buy another freaking copy of XCOM. I am so pissed right now, Steam and 2K better get their crap together and give me my game back.

If you already added the game to your library, contact Steam support and ask them to deactivate the RU version and activate the right one for your region. Be polite, patient, convincing and show them it is their fault

fs_pc.png

#10495 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

If you already added the game to your library, contact Steam support and ask them to deactivate the RU version and activate the right one for your region. Be polite, patient, convincing and show them it is their fault

I'm terrible at that when it comes to shitty support. :roll:

Good advice though. I really hope you can get things worked out, Broly. That really, really sucks...

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#10496 St4rgalaqtic

St4rgalaqtic

I have no stars... WHY?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:32 AM

So anyone wanna hook me up with Xcom......one that will work in the US.

#10497 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:33 AM

Thanks guys. I have had TERRIBLE luck before with multiple things through Steam's Support so I have my fingers crossed that everything works itself out.

For now I am just frustrated because I literally have been looking forward to playing this game again all day. Haha Oy.

#10498 Cojack426

Cojack426

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:02 AM

Guess I learned my lesson to not purchase RU keys on cag anymore. Especially when I don't know the seller is giving me an RU key to begin with. Man this bums me out because I was really enjoying this game.

#10499 Jokerkun890

Jokerkun890

Jokerness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:07 AM

This is definitely your only chance. By the sounds of things, they slapped the region lock on it AFTER release and by the time many of you had either traded/bought the game and activated.

If you guys just ignored the tags and didn't bother seeing if their was a region lock, I could see them doing nothing. But for those of you that already played and/or owned the games before it was updated with the lock, I can see them helping you after some back and forth.

Even though it sucks that most of you paid for the gifts, as others have said, I would suggest not mentioning that to support since it's technically against the rules. Good luck.

jokerkun890.png

joker-kun890.png

#10500 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:52 AM

So as posted in the 2k forums, the Russian copies work now?

I restarted Steam and XCOM runs fine now.

I checked and I still have the (RU) version. Not quite sure what happened on their end but I am sure glad I can play now!

I checked my Licenses + Subscriptions and I have an Item, "Steam" just added and the acquisition method is 'Complimentary'

I wonder if that has anything to do with it?