Steam Group Buy and Gift Requests thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19744 replies to this topic

#11101 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

Anyone selling a Black Ops II Steam code?

#11102 Carlmundo

Carlmundo

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

Selling Steam Gifts for PayPal:

007 Legends £18.50 (~$30)
Killing Floor Complete Bundle £5 (~$8)

Amazing Spiderman £18.50 (~$30)
Amazing Spiderman DLC Bundle £5 (~$8)
Company of Heroes 2 £28 (~$45)
Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising £3.75 ($6)
Dawn of War 2: Retribution £5 (~$8)
Deadlight £7.50 (~$12)
Mark of the Ninja £8.50 (~$14)

Feel free to add me: http://steamcommunit...m/id/carlmundo/

#11103 Fozbot

Fozbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

FIRE SALE!

{H} Steam keys: $3.50 for all of them (12 games)
King's Bounty: The Legend
Worms
Alien Breed 2
X-blades
Secret of the Magic Crystals
Detour
CreaVures
Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World
East India Company
Hearts Of Iron II
Knights of Honor
The Kings' Crusade

{W} Paypal / Amazon / Trade / Offers

Gone!

Edited by Fozbot, 03 November 2012 - 12:28 AM.
Sold

#11104 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

1 copy of the Amazon Absolutely Great Square Pack for $15 (not breaking this pack up into pieces, if you want it, $15 paypal)

Also have Indie Gala X beat the average bundles for $1.90 paypal only. Send me a PM if interested.

Tradeable Steam Games:

Kings Bounty Platinum Edition ($7)
Doublefine Bundle (Stacking, Costume Quest & Psychonauts) ($7)

Gamersgate Giftable Games:
Company of Heroes Gold + Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor ($7)

Steam Keys:
Starvoid Steam CDKey ($1.50)

#11105 mentalward

mentalward

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Have:

-Just Cause 2
-Supreme Commander 2
-Worms Crazy Golf
-Quantum Conundrum

Want:
-PayPal/Amazon Credit/Whatever

PM if interested

#11106 Curien

Curien

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Want:
Borderlands GOTY

Have:
Paypal

#11107 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

When did this turn into a BST thread? I read the first post and it says group buys.

Anyway, are there rules on how often you can bump your post? Twice a day on a thread that's not that busy is pretty close to spam.

#11108 Veteranu

Veteranu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Have:

Lead And Gold 1$ (Steam Key)
Trine 1$ (Steam Key)
Just Cause 2 (Steam Key)
Omegalodon 0.5$ (Desura key)

Want:

Offers(small games from bundles I've missed)
Paypall Gift

Edited by Veteranu, 02 November 2012 - 10:55 PM.

#11109 mnuttster

mnuttster

CAG It Up!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Have:

-Just Cause 2
-Supreme Commander 2
-Worms Crazy Golf
-Quantum Conundrum

Want:
-PayPal/Amazon Credit/Whatever

PM if interested

PM sent your way for JC2

#11110 EvilInside

EvilInside

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

[W] L4d2
[H] Paypal

#11111 Siezemore

Siezemore

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Have:
Planetside 2 beta key
Dota 2 Beta key (Steam)
Hawken beta key

Want:
Any game you think I could want

(http://steamcommunit...e/games?tab=all)

Edited by Siezemore, 02 November 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#11112 mnuttster

mnuttster

CAG It Up!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Have (all are Steam keys):
Supreme Commander 2
Just Cause 1 +2
Hitman: Blood Money
Quantum Conundrum
The Last Remnant
Worms
Worms Blast
Worms Crazy Golf
Worms Pinball
Alien Breed 2 + 3
Rig 'N Roll
Reign: Conflict of Nations
Space Rangers
Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943
King's Bounty: Armored Princess
UFO Afterlight
Majesty 2
East India Company
Lead and Gold
Europa Universalis: Rome (Gold Edition)
Hearts of Iron II
The King's Crusade

Want:
Amazon GCs
These games from other Indie bundles:

Spoiler

Check my wishlist

Sent you a PM

#11113 cobolatrix

cobolatrix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Have:
edited

Dont think selling beta keys is allowed here, maybe DOTA 2 but the other... not to mention that PS2 will launch in 18 days lol.

Edited by cobolatrix, 03 November 2012 - 04:13 AM.

#11114 Siezemore

Siezemore

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for the heads up. The paypal mention was merely a result of me having removed Payday: The Heist from my list but not paypal.

#11115 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

And the PC Games BST thread is supposed to be only for hard copies, but no one pays attention to that, either.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#11116 Twoje

Twoje

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

Anyone want to go in with me on a 4-pack of Natural Selection 2? I can buy the 4-pack.

#11117 TimeBomb

TimeBomb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

W:
Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor and Braid Update: Bought it from someone, thanks!

H:
Paypal $4.00

PM me.

Edited by TimeBomb, 03 November 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#11118 tgi7

tgi7

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Looking for natural selection 2 10-12 dollars. Pm me I use paypal

#11119 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

Do you think anyone will give you it for $10 given you state you'll pay up to $12?

Oh, and does anyone want to go in with me on a Dead Island 4-pack from GamersGate? I have a discount so it will come to about $4.77 a person (not GotY). Send me a PM if interested. Thanks.

If I had it, and I wouldn't lose money, I'd sell it to him for $10. But that might just be me. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#11120 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

Hehe. I was only half teasing him, hence the post smiley. At the same time, though, most would likely save try to optimize their earnings unless the upper end felt too high (like someone offering to pay $8 for Wizorb when we all just got it for a low price with both HiB 6 and/or IGN. It's good to see good intentions in this place, however. On Neogaf, I have found myself offering things to people for less than what I could have received on SteamTrades, but mainly due to not exactly finding people with much reputation there (on ST).

Haha, I didn't think you were harsh at all, nor did I think you had any ill-intentions. =P

While I don't use GAF for anything, I do agree with your comment on SteamTrades. I was scammed by some dude who was posing to be another guy with high feedback. I was going to check the associated Steam profile with that SteamTrades account, but I didn't, and ended up losing out on a Battle.net key. Blizzard doesn't give half a shit about its customers, so there was nothing that I could do about it.

Since then, I've sworn myself away from that site. I've never been scammed here, and I don't believe I ever will be. This site, while not as secure regarding trades (since they're done outside of the site), there are TONS of trustworthy and downright good people here. I use this site exclusively for buying/selling/trading for the reasons stated above.

I would've never guessed I would find people here that I could trust more than my own RL friend! Maybe I have a poor choice of friends, maybe I'm wrong, but either way this site is a great home away from home (figuratively speaking). ;)

#11121 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

looking for 2 for a chivalry: medieval warfare 4-pack. $18.75 each

pm me

#11122 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

Haha, I didn't think you were harsh at all, nor did I think you had any ill-intentions. =P

While I don't use GAF for anything, I do agree with your comment on SteamTrades. I was scammed by some dude who was posing to be another guy with high feedback. I was going to check the associated Steam profile with that SteamTrades account, but I didn't, and ended up losing out on a Battle.net key. Blizzard doesn't give half a shit about its customers, so there was nothing that I could do about it.

Since then, I've sworn myself away from that site. I've never been scammed here, and I don't believe I ever will be. This site, while not as secure regarding trades (since they're done outside of the site), there are TONS of trustworthy and downright good people here. I use this site exclusively for buying/selling/trading for the reasons stated above.

I would've never guessed I would find people here that I could trust more than my own RL friend! Maybe I have a poor choice of friends, maybe I'm wrong, but either way this site is a great home away from home (figuratively speaking). ;)

You know about that key you got scammed out of. If you don't have the game on your Bnet account (or just make another bnet account just for this purpose) and having the receipt/box you should be able to tell Blizzard you just bought the game and when you tried to register it on your account it gave you whatever error message it gives (like duplicate key). They will then ask for proof of your purchase and you can provide them a good clear pic of your receipt with a piece of paper with your name on it proving you purchased it. They will remove the game from the other persons account and possible ban them for using a key that they did not get in a legit manor.

Might sound like a little bit of work, but I'd honestly do it just to stick it to the asshole that thinks he got off scott free stealing and hope that he loses access to his account in the process.

#11123 mnuttster

mnuttster

CAG It Up!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Have:

Kingdoms of Amalur origin key (base game only)

Want:

$7 paypal

Just sent you a PM

#11124 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

1 copy of the Amazon Absolutely Great Square Pack for $15 (not breaking this pack up into pieces, if you want it, $15 paypal)

Also have Indie Gala X beat the average bundles for $1.90 paypal only. Send me a PM if interested.

Tradeable Steam Games:

Kings Bounty Platinum Edition ($7)
Doublefine Bundle (Stacking, Costume Quest & Psychonauts) ($7)

Gamersgate Giftable Games:
Company of Heroes Gold + Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor ($7)

Steam Keys:
Starvoid Steam CDKey ($1.50)

#11125 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

You know about that key you got scammed out of. If you don't have the game on your Bnet account (or just make another bnet account just for this purpose) and having the receipt/box you should be able to tell Blizzard you just bought the game and when you tried to register it on your account it gave you whatever error message it gives (like duplicate key). They will then ask for proof of your purchase and you can provide them a good clear pic of your receipt with a piece of paper with your name on it proving you purchased it. They will remove the game from the other persons account and possible ban them for using a key that they did not get in a legit manor.

Might sound like a little bit of work, but I'd honestly do it just to stick it to the asshole that thinks he got off scott free stealing and hope that he loses access to his account in the process.

This is exactly what I tried. Logically, it makes sense, and one would think that Blizzard would be kind enough to do this, but that's not the case.

Five different customer support reps told me it was a no-go. They told me that authentication keys (which is what their new games are using) only work with one activation, and after that activation is used up, the key is worthless. Even if you have the box, receipt, and key, they won't do a damn thing. If you happen to get a used key, the game is considered
"defective", as I was told, and the only thing you can do is get a refund on it at the place where you purchased it (though most have a return policy against returning pc games). No replacement key, no removing the key from whoever has the key registered with their account and returning it to you.

I was selling the key, so I just returned it to the store I bought it from. Theoretically this could happen, say, if an employee were to use a key, and put the game back on the shelf for selling, though. So anyone who buys a Blizzard game (newer ones), and the key happens to be used, you're screwed.

It's nice to see that Blizzard cares so much about their customers...

Of course, if the place where you bought it doesn't allow for returns of pc games, though, one could always get things sorted out by using the BBB as a middleman. ;)

But that's just a load of bs that I wouldn't want to deal with, although it is there if you need it.

#11126 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

This is exactly what I tried. Logically, it makes sense, and one would think that Blizzard would be kind enough to do this, but that's not the case.

Five different customer support reps told me it was a no-go. They told me that authentication keys (which is what their new games are using) only work with one activation, and after that activation is used up, the key is worthless. Even if you have the box, receipt, and key, they won't do a damn thing. If you happen to get a used key, the game is considered
"defective", as I was told, and the only thing you can do is get a refund on it at the place where you purchased it (though most have a return policy against returning pc games). No replacement key, no removing the key from whoever has the key registered with their account and returning it to you.

I was selling the key, so I just returned it to the store I bought it from. Theoretically this could happen, say, if an employee were to use a key, and put the game back on the shelf for selling, though. So anyone who buys a Blizzard game (newer ones), and the key happens to be used, you're screwed.

It's nice to see that Blizzard cares so much about their customers...

Of course, if the place where you bought it doesn't allow for returns of pc games, though, one could always get things sorted out by using the BBB as a middleman. ;)

But that's just a load of bs that I wouldn't want to deal with, although it is there if you need it.

Wow, that is downright pathetic on Blizzards part. This pisses me off (both the Blizzard thing and you getting ripped off, I hate thief's). Every other pub/dev I've heard of has fixed the situation when things like above happen with keys being in use and just having to provide proof you bought it (I know for a fact that is how Valve does it if a key you try to register on Steam is already used). Sorry you got scammed, people can be such scum.

#11127 keigetsu

keigetsu

Doesn't Like Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

H:
Just Cause 2
Quantum Conundrum
Supreme Commander 2
Torchlight Steam Gift

W:
Steam Wishlist #1
Steam Wishlist #2
Steam gift/key offers

Edited by keigetsu, 08 November 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#11128 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

Wow, that is downright pathetic on Blizzards part. This pisses me off (both the Blizzard thing and you getting ripped off, I hate thief's). Every other pub/dev I've heard of has fixed the situation when things like above happen with keys being in use and just having to provide proof you bought it (I know for a fact that is how Valve does it if a key you try to register on Steam is already used). Sorry you got scammed, people can be such scum.

Yeah, it's pretty lame. This happens with bigger companies, they become snobs. =/

It's cool though, I learned my lesson. I try not to look at it negatively, but more as I learned something from it. Makes it easier to leave it in the past.

#11129 Gxray

Gxray

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

H:
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - $20

W:
Paypal

#11130 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

Yeah, it's pretty lame. This happens with bigger companies, they become snobs. =/

It's cool though, I learned my lesson. I try not to look at it negatively, but more as I learned something from it. Makes it easier to leave it in the past.

After I wrote that message I even gave a friend of mine a call that works at Blizzard to see if he can help out (bit doubtful as he is a dev but you never know) and sadly I find out from him that he quit there like 3 months ago, doh :(

Sorry again though you got scammed, at least though it wasn't an expensive lesson (I"m assuming it was a $10 TRU deal game).