CAGcast #221: We Love Robot Butlers

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]More Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit & Assassin's Creed Brotherhood talk, Majin & The Forsaken Kingdom, Pinball FX 2, big Black Friday sellers, the latest gaming and shopping news, your CAGbag and Twitter questions and so much more!

[podcast]130[/podcast]
Download - 81 minutes, 49MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Download last week's Live show here.

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Picture - Robutler
[IMG-L=5838]19561[/IMG-L]

-

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for making me spit my Dr Pepper all over my keyboard with that "lucky cat" joke Wombat, one of your best timing on your jokes in a long time.

I just started listening to these things but I like 'em...they're like talk radio - if talk radio was good heh...not to say ALL talk radio is bad. Just most of it.

I just found the Child's Play info not too long ago - think I heard about it on one of these CagCast's...anyway, my point is, it's cool. Already tweetered it, gonna throw some money in here pretty soon too - I'm poor is hell, but it's a good cause. Plus I need the Kama. And the raffle doesn't hurt :D

Mostly though, I'm just posting to plug the Child's Play donation on the off chance somebody reads this...

I think the "Download last week's Live show here." link is pointing to an old show from earlier this year....is that just me?

I am not so taken with Need For Speed Hot Pursuit as you guys are. It's a step down where Criterion was with their Burnout series. It should have been Burnout Paradise 2, with cops. As it is, it's very limited in gameplay variety.
I'd really have liked a "virus" type multiplayer mode where cops turned other drivers into cops by smashing into them. It was in the Midtown Madness series, why don't they bring that back?

I did check out Pinball FX 2 while listening to the show. It's fun stuff. I still prefer the Williams Pinball game physics, but the boards in this game definitely draw me in. Love the robot that thrashes around and shoots the ball at you in the Earth Defense table.

Ship, you and your wife both have Xbox Live accounts, right? (Cheapy, Wombat... are either of you multi-account households?) Have you, or will you convert to the Family Pack to see what the catch is? They're no offering a free extra month to new members, plus 800 microsoft points to all who sign up. (They say existing members get their remaining time converted to a "further discount"...hmm.) Up to 4 for the price of 2, there must be fine print somewhere, right? Single console only perhaps? And what are these "exclusive deals on family-friendly games"? Time for some investigative reporting, guys!

And since this post isn't long enough yet... Cheapy, have you gone in for your voice-over work for Saints Row 3 yet? You need to tell them to add Assassin's Creed style freerunning and climbing so we can hear modernday citizens make fun of us for climbing stuff.

Great show guys, I think NFS was by far my best Black Friday purchase, I've been playing a little every night and its hard to put down. Played my first online race last night and came in first!

Wombat: I too have the Sony sound bar 3.1 channel and its the best piece of my entertainment setup. I don't know what your setup is, but I have a Bravia TV, Sony Up-Scale HDMI DVD player and PS3 all connected with Bravia Sync enabled. It's absolutely seamless, so if you have a Sony TV, make sure that is definitely enabled..It took me about 2 days to where I was comfortable with all the settings, so you should be half way there, if not already. oh, and i LOL'd hard at the 'lucky cat' joke, the best I've heard probably since I've started listening, perfect timing and delivery :lol:

I love hearing about poop stores on the show, because this means I get to read angry comments in the show thread about them later!

I listened to a bit of that 4-8 podcast you linked to cheapy and you nailed it when mentioned how the deals this Black Friday weren't very good. In the end I got a copy Super Street Fighter IV for Xbox360 and bought Metro 2033 on STEAM for 10 bucks. That was my haul.

Cheapy,

I have had the dreaded vasectomy. I had it done about 4 years ago.

I can safely say it was the easiest procedure I've ever gone through. It took probably about 15 minutes (I sat in the room waiting for the doctor longer than the procedure took).

There wasn't any pain but I will say a syringe to the balls is a strange feeling.

Anyways, procedure was done and I was on a plane to New York with my wife that night with no problems.

I highly recommend it. Just make sure you find a good doctor. Also, if you do it, don't life anything heavy for a few days! My cousin made that mistake and was in a lot of pain.

"May-jin," Cheapy? Really? From the guy who corrects everyone's pronunciation of "karaoke"? :D

At least you made up for that with the sexypants bit. That was hysterical.

Awesome show I listened to the first few minutes and love the casual style can't wait to listen to the rest.

I was happily enjoying my lunch and listening to the CAGcast until Cheapy said ejaculate and immediately lost my appetite. Cheapy now owes me five dollars.

Based on your appleTV discussion I use PS3 Media Server to get everything on my PC to my tv via my PS3. It works great and the software is free. Its a java based application so the install is a breeze. It works for all pictures, moveis, and music. Yeah I have to turn on my console, but heck that is what it is for. Now this doesn't help you get content, but we all know there are plenty of ways to do that.

Great show guys, really enjoyed it.

Errr might just be me being dense, but isn't that link to the Black Friday Live show pointing at an old show (187). Seems like I've heard it before.

I now feel Shipwrecks pain. I have always had brown hair and and a brown go-tee, now as since I turned 33 I have graying hair and my go-tee has turned orange. It hit me in the face today as a co-worker said wow look at you and your ginger go-tee. I need help as a new Ginger. what do i do ?

Entertaining show as usual guys.

Wombat -- Please update us again next week on how the Sony surround sound bar is working out ... I've been thinking of getting one but wasn't sure of the quality or effectiveness of the surround sound. I heard you need a specific room shape or setup, but am curious how you're using it.

:)

[quote name='Amnesia Bot']Joystiq just today put up a post about the CAG Child's Play donation drive whatnot. You can go read it and ejaculate now Cheapy.[/QUOTE]
:applause:

Guess they were worried...

[quote name='Falion']"May-jin," Cheapy? Really? From the guy who corrects everyone's pronunciation of "karaoke"? :D[/QUOTE]

You mean it's not supposed to be pronounced kay-ray-oh-key? :D

Why is Shipwreck such a buzzkill on every episode? The best parts of the show is when you guys talk about everyday stuff. It's entertaining. I like hearing about Robutler. But no Shipwreck has to start the damn show all the time. STFU and let the comedy happen. I enjoy the video game talk obviously but when Wombat and Cheapy are being funny Shipwreck has to come in and throw a wet blanket on everything.

[quote name='TheH2s']Why is Shipwreck such a buzzkill on every episode? The best parts of the show is when you guys talk about everyday stuff. It's entertaining. I like hearing about Robutler. But no Shipwreck has to start the damn show all the time. STFU and let the comedy happen. I enjoy the video game talk obviously but when Wombat and Cheapy are being funny Shipwreck has to come in and throw a wet blanket on everything.[/QUOTE]

We all play our part.

Congrats to Wombat and Mrs. Wombat! I liked the lucky cat joke too. Everything is coming up Wombat in this CagCast.

Hey Cheapy - after we had our second child I went to get the ol' snip. I was nervous as hell but the procedure was a complete breeze. By comparison, it's 100x easier than getting a filling at the dentist. There's no knife or incision involved, you don't even need so much as a band-aid down there.

The most uncomfortable part is when the doctor has to shave your sack unless you're into that sort of thing of course.

Another bonus is you get to spend the following weekend with a bag of ice on your crotch watching football.

After a couple days everything works the way it did before. There's no difference in your romantic life other than the relief of knowing that another little Cheapy isn't just one broken condom away.

Cheapy,

You bitch for 10 minutes about how other blogs aren't putting in effort to help out with the charity, than when someone says that they will donate if you sing a simple little song, the only response you have is "I'll think about it".

Come on. I know you've done a lot already, but this is just another small step that will help reach the goal.

Plus, we all want to hear the CAGcast triangle get their boy band on. For the children.

The reason why Kotaku and the other blogs don't need to promote the CAG charity drive is because people can donate directly to Child's Play without going through a middleman. Cheapy, you say that you don't benefit from donations but that isn't true. With a lot of donations, Cheapy can brag about the success of their massive charity drive and CAG seems more influential. That attracts attention and gives more name recognition to CAG. Cheapy isn't dumb, he knows all this perfectly well so it's really insincere when he complains about not benefiting from the donations. "It's all for the kids", that made me roll my eyes.

I'm waiting until my next paycheck to donate to Child's Play but because of Cheapy's pathetic whining, I am going to donate directly to Penny-Arcade and not go through CAG. I already own every console so I don't need to be bribed by Cheapy's grand prize.

[quote name='peteyrose']The reason why Kotaku and the other blogs don't need to promote the CAG charity drive is because people can donate directly to Child's Play without going through a middleman. Cheapy, you say that you don't benefit from donations but that isn't true. With a lot of donations, Cheapy can brag about the success of their massive charity drive and CAG seems more influential. That attracts attention and gives more name recognition to CAG. Cheapy isn't dumb, he knows all this perfectly well so it's really insincere when he complains about not benefiting from the donations. "It's all for the kids", that made me roll my eyes.

I'm waiting until my next paycheck to donate to Child's Play but because of Cheapy's pathetic whining, I am going to donate directly to Penny-Arcade and not go through CAG. I already own every console so I don't need to be bribed by Cheapy's grand prize.[/QUOTE]

I'm happy that you're donating to Child's Play. I'm also happy that CAGs are so generous when contributing every year. I'm sorry that you feel the way you do, but the fact in the matter is that more money is raised for Child's Play every year because CAG sponsors these drives and has such an active community. I don't want to sound like I'm beating my own chest here, but CAG is influential.

[quote name='shipwreck']I'm happy that you're donating to Child's Play. I'm also happy that CAGs are so generous when contributing every year. I'm sorry that you feel the way you do, but the fact in the matter is that more money is raised for Child's Play every year because CAG sponsors these drives and has such an active community. I don't want to sound like I'm beating my own chest here, but CAG is influential.[/QUOTE]

No. Beat your own chest like you are freakin' Donkey Kong. Brag about how influential you have been in the charity drive. You guys deserve it. Everyone that is involved in this site does such a great job that when the time arises to give a little, people are more than willing to cough up a few bucks. Sure, Child's Play would continue on whether CAG was involved or not, and a lot of the donors would still donate through other means. Still, some of us who are more than willing to donate would probably not have done so without CAG showing us the road. And let's face the facts; some people are NOT donating because they want to help the children. That is the reason he throws in the raffle. Without CAG, they would never do that, and less money would have been raised. You are helping out a charity on a massive scale, and if that is not a reason for you to feel on top of the world, then I don't know what is.

I think a new assassins creed in japan would work really well. Ninja Assassins Creed. As shipwreck pointed out, once you get into the gun era it doesn't make much sense because you would just get shot. I don't think they should try to keep the same storyline but a game based in feudal japan would make great use of the technology and gameplay of assassins creed.

Either that or they need to take it back to the middle east. I haven't played brotherhood yet but I played through AC1 and AC2. Despite the obvious gameplay enhancements in AC2, I still liked AC1 better because of the superior settings. There need to be more games set in this time period!

Ruahrc

[quote name='TheH2s']Why is Shipwreck such a buzzkill on every episode? The best parts of the show is when you guys talk about everyday stuff. It's entertaining. I like hearing about Robutler. But no Shipwreck has to start the damn show all the time. STFU and let the comedy happen. I enjoy the video game talk obviously but when Wombat and Cheapy are being funny Shipwreck has to come in and throw a wet blanket on everything.[/QUOTE]

get a life kid.

Hey wombat I like how you announced that your new child was a mistake. Can't wait to see how fat you get over the next 18 months.

Wow I had to post when I heard Shipwreck say "OH you have to finish AC II, the end of that game is fantastic!!!" I'm sorry but the end of AC II was so terrible I just had to respond. The last level sucked eggs, seriously the level was so linear it did a complete disservice to the rest of the game, seeing as how much of an open world it really had. Also besides the level structure being trash the games story gets so frickin stupid at the end. I mean I like some science fiction in my AC but I mean c'mon, that crap was retarded. I just don't understand Shipwreck's tastes most of the time I guess lol.

[quote name='cgarb84']Wow I had to post when I heard Shipwreck say "OH you have to finish AC II, the end of that game is fantastic!!!" I'm sorry but the end of AC II was so terrible I just had to respond. The last level sucked eggs, seriously the level was so linear it did a complete disservice to the rest of the game, seeing as how much of an open world it really had. Also besides the level structure being trash the games story gets so frickin stupid at the end. I mean I like some science fiction in my AC but I mean c'mon, that crap was retarded. I just don't understand Shipwreck's tastes most of the time I guess lol.[/QUOTE]

I believe you need to see this before it's too late.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sarcasm

[quote name='ohmyblazes']Cheapy,

I have had the dreaded vasectomy. I had it done about 4 years ago.

I can safely say it was the easiest procedure I've ever gone through. It took probably about 15 minutes (I sat in the room waiting for the doctor longer than the procedure took).

There wasn't any pain but I will say a syringe to the balls is a strange feeling.

Anyways, procedure was done and I was on a plane to New York with my wife that night with no problems.

I highly recommend it. Just make sure you find a good doctor. Also, if you do it, don't life anything heavy for a few days! My cousin made that mistake and was in a lot of pain.[/QUOTE]

Same here man. The numbing shot felt like someone flicked my balls but it was a very quick pain. I was back up and about the next day. Just keep cycling the ice to keep the swelling down and it was no problem.

[quote name='hamsterstyle2']hey wombat - which sony sound bar system did you get?

The ht-ct150 or ht-ct350 (or another)?

Thanks!

[/quote]

ht-ct150

What's with the hate in this podcast? Chinaman? I haven't heard that term in years.

Shipwreck, have you even talked to an asian person in Ohio before? Other than that, great podcast.

Cheapy, do you still use your Mac Mini, or have you replaced it with the Apple TV? I have a Mac Mini for my media center, and it looks like it does everything the Apple TV does, and then some. Granted, you have to work out some interface issues, but after I downloaded Remote Buddy, I can control everything with the Apple remote.

Just wondering.

Love the show

bread's done
Back