Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #221: We Love Robot Butlers

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 hugues

hugues

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:51 PM

Hey Cheapy - after we had our second child I went to get the ol' snip. I was nervous as hell but the procedure was a complete breeze. By comparison, it's 100x easier than getting a filling at the dentist. There's no knife or incision involved, you don't even need so much as a band-aid down there.

The most uncomfortable part is when the doctor has to shave your sack unless you're into that sort of thing of course.

Another bonus is you get to spend the following weekend with a bag of ice on your crotch watching football.

After a couple days everything works the way it did before. There's no difference in your romantic life other than the relief of knowing that another little Cheapy isn't just one broken condom away.

#32 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:34 PM

Hey Cheapy, you mentioned that you guys were going to be doing a favorite games from the past year episode when talking about Need for Speed. You guys should do it Oprah style, and give away all of the games you mention to all of your listeners.

#33 Moozh

Moozh

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:56 PM

Congrats on the new baby on the way Wombat!

#34 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:32 AM

Cheapy,

You bitch for 10 minutes about how other blogs aren't putting in effort to help out with the charity, than when someone says that they will donate if you sing a simple little song, the only response you have is "I'll think about it".

Come on. I know you've done a lot already, but this is just another small step that will help reach the goal.

Plus, we all want to hear the CAGcast triangle get their boy band on. For the children.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#35 peteyrose

peteyrose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:35 AM

The reason why Kotaku and the other blogs don't need to promote the CAG charity drive is because people can donate directly to Child's Play without going through a middleman. Cheapy, you say that you don't benefit from donations but that isn't true. With a lot of donations, Cheapy can brag about the success of their massive charity drive and CAG seems more influential. That attracts attention and gives more name recognition to CAG. Cheapy isn't dumb, he knows all this perfectly well so it's really insincere when he complains about not benefiting from the donations. "It's all for the kids", that made me roll my eyes.

I'm waiting until my next paycheck to donate to Child's Play but because of Cheapy's pathetic whining, I am going to donate directly to Penny-Arcade and not go through CAG. I already own every console so I don't need to be bribed by Cheapy's grand prize.

#36 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:31 AM

The reason why Kotaku and the other blogs don't need to promote the CAG charity drive is because people can donate directly to Child's Play without going through a middleman. Cheapy, you say that you don't benefit from donations but that isn't true. With a lot of donations, Cheapy can brag about the success of their massive charity drive and CAG seems more influential. That attracts attention and gives more name recognition to CAG. Cheapy isn't dumb, he knows all this perfectly well so it's really insincere when he complains about not benefiting from the donations. "It's all for the kids", that made me roll my eyes.

I'm waiting until my next paycheck to donate to Child's Play but because of Cheapy's pathetic whining, I am going to donate directly to Penny-Arcade and not go through CAG. I already own every console so I don't need to be bribed by Cheapy's grand prize.

I'm happy that you're donating to Child's Play. I'm also happy that CAGs are so generous when contributing every year. I'm sorry that you feel the way you do, but the fact in the matter is that more money is raised for Child's Play every year because CAG sponsors these drives and has such an active community. I don't want to sound like I'm beating my own chest here, but CAG is influential.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#37 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:11 AM

I'm happy that you're donating to Child's Play. I'm also happy that CAGs are so generous when contributing every year. I'm sorry that you feel the way you do, but the fact in the matter is that more money is raised for Child's Play every year because CAG sponsors these drives and has such an active community. I don't want to sound like I'm beating my own chest here, but CAG is influential.

No. Beat your own chest like you are freakin' Donkey Kong. Brag about how influential you have been in the charity drive. You guys deserve it. Everyone that is involved in this site does such a great job that when the time arises to give a little, people are more than willing to cough up a few bucks. Sure, Child's Play would continue on whether CAG was involved or not, and a lot of the donors would still donate through other means. Still, some of us who are more than willing to donate would probably not have done so without CAG showing us the road. And let's face the facts; some people are NOT donating because they want to help the children. That is the reason he throws in the raffle. Without CAG, they would never do that, and less money would have been raised. You are helping out a charity on a massive scale, and if that is not a reason for you to feel on top of the world, then I don't know what is.

Edited by DrMunkee, 04 December 2010 - 06:31 AM.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#38 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:57 AM

I think a new assassins creed in japan would work really well. Ninja Assassins Creed. As shipwreck pointed out, once you get into the gun era it doesn't make much sense because you would just get shot. I don't think they should try to keep the same storyline but a game based in feudal japan would make great use of the technology and gameplay of assassins creed.

Either that or they need to take it back to the middle east. I haven't played brotherhood yet but I played through AC1 and AC2. Despite the obvious gameplay enhancements in AC2, I still liked AC1 better because of the superior settings. There need to be more games set in this time period!

Ruahrc

#39 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:16 PM

Why is Shipwreck such a buzzkill on every episode? The best parts of the show is when you guys talk about everyday stuff. It's entertaining. I like hearing about Robutler. But no Shipwreck has to start the damn show all the time. STFU and let the comedy happen. I enjoy the video game talk obviously but when Wombat and Cheapy are being funny Shipwreck has to come in and throw a wet blanket on everything.

get a life kid.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#40 blacksanta87

blacksanta87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:59 PM

Hey wombat I like how you announced that your new child was a mistake. Can't wait to see how fat you get over the next 18 months.
Pigtails are for face Fucking.

#41 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:19 PM

Wow I had to post when I heard Shipwreck say "OH you have to finish AC II, the end of that game is fantastic!!!" I'm sorry but the end of AC II was so terrible I just had to respond. The last level sucked eggs, seriously the level was so linear it did a complete disservice to the rest of the game, seeing as how much of an open world it really had. Also besides the level structure being trash the games story gets so frickin stupid at the end. I mean I like some science fiction in my AC but I mean c'mon, that crap was retarded. I just don't understand Shipwreck's tastes most of the time I guess lol.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 Sashka

Sashka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:41 PM

Wow I had to post when I heard Shipwreck say "OH you have to finish AC II, the end of that game is fantastic!!!" I'm sorry but the end of AC II was so terrible I just had to respond. The last level sucked eggs, seriously the level was so linear it did a complete disservice to the rest of the game, seeing as how much of an open world it really had. Also besides the level structure being trash the games story gets so frickin stupid at the end. I mean I like some science fiction in my AC but I mean c'mon, that crap was retarded. I just don't understand Shipwreck's tastes most of the time I guess lol.

I believe you need to see this before it's too late.

http://www.merriam-w...tionary/sarcasm

#43 sfree79

sfree79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:25 PM

Cheapy,

I have had the dreaded vasectomy. I had it done about 4 years ago.

I can safely say it was the easiest procedure I've ever gone through. It took probably about 15 minutes (I sat in the room waiting for the doctor longer than the procedure took).

There wasn't any pain but I will say a syringe to the balls is a strange feeling.

Anyways, procedure was done and I was on a plane to New York with my wife that night with no problems.

I highly recommend it. Just make sure you find a good doctor. Also, if you do it, don't life anything heavy for a few days! My cousin made that mistake and was in a lot of pain.

Same here man. The numbing shot felt like someone flicked my balls but it was a very quick pain. I was back up and about the next day. Just keep cycling the ice to keep the swelling down and it was no problem.

#44 hamsterstyle2

hamsterstyle2

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:21 PM

Hey Wombat - which sony sound bar system did you get?

the HT-CT150 or HT-CT350 (or another)?

thanks!

#45 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

hey wombat - which sony sound bar system did you get?

The ht-ct150 or ht-ct350 (or another)?

Thanks!

ht-ct150

#46 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:53 AM

Oh wow really Shipwreck was being sarcastic? Man I totally missed that haha, usually good with sarcasm but not this time apparently lol. Ok well anyways carry on.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 GameHobo

GameHobo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:06 AM

What's with the hate in this podcast? Chinaman? I haven't heard that term in years.

Shipwreck, have you even talked to an asian person in Ohio before? Other than that, great podcast.

#48 csloan

csloan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:09 AM

Cheapy, do you still use your Mac Mini, or have you replaced it with the Apple TV? I have a Mac Mini for my media center, and it looks like it does everything the Apple TV does, and then some. Granted, you have to work out some interface issues, but after I downloaded Remote Buddy, I can control everything with the Apple remote.

Just wondering.

Love the show

#49 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:18 AM

Congrats Wombat! I'm right there with you. My wife is due in June with our first :)
Posted Image

#50 csloan

csloan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:19 AM

On the subject of the Sony sound bar, I have the 150, and it is a solid product. For the price, it puts out great sound, and it is really easy to set up. Only once have I sensed any surround sound effect, but it really did sound like the sound was coming from behind me. I don't watch a lot of things that would take advantage of surround sound though. Wish I could afford the Yamaha sound bar, but if you are on a budget, the Sony product is a great choice.

#51 Swoxx

Swoxx

Resident Swede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:04 AM

I think the "Download last week's Live show here." link is pointing to an old show from earlier this year....is that just me?

Yup. This is true for me as well. Fix it please, David.

#52 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:59 PM

No. Beat your own chest like you are freakin' Donkey Kong. Brag about how influential you have been in the charity drive. You guys deserve it. Everyone that is involved in this site does such a great job that when the time arises to give a little, people are more than willing to cough up a few bucks. Sure, Child's Play would continue on whether CAG was involved or not, and a lot of the donors would still donate through other means. Still, some of us who are more than willing to donate would probably not have done so without CAG showing us the road. And let's face the facts; some people are NOT donating because they want to help the children. That is the reason he throws in the raffle. Without CAG, they would never do that, and less money would have been raised. You are helping out a charity on a massive scale, and if that is not a reason for you to feel on top of the world, then I don't know what is.

He does own a Donkey Kong Machine...
[URL="http://exophase.com/gamercards/"]Posted Image[/URL]

#53 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:24 PM

I think a new assassins creed in japan would work really well. Ninja Assassins Creed. As shipwreck pointed out, once you get into the gun era it doesn't make much sense because you would just get shot. I don't think they should try to keep the same storyline but a game based in feudal japan would make great use of the technology and gameplay of assassins creed.

If they set it in Japan I think it should be after Japan was forced to allow Westerners in to the country.

http://en.wikipedia....pening_of_Japan

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#54 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:56 PM

listened to this weeks cagcast while shoveling snow this morning and wombat just called me a son of a bitch

what a way to start the day

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#55 jkanownik

jkanownik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:46 PM

I didn't get that either. I think you're imagining it. I unsarcastically tell people that the ending of ACII is great all the time though, so I'm biased in the other direction.
Posted Image

AC: 4682-1344-1734 (Leenie - Home)

#56 eataburger

eataburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:19 PM

I didn't get that either. I think you're imagining it. I unsarcastically tell people that the ending of ACII is great all the time though, so I'm biased in the other direction.

I didn't think it was sarcasm either. Honestly though, I can't get through AC2. It was SOOOOO much fun to play at first, but then I just hit a wall where it wasn't fun anymore, somewhere around the 10th sequence.

I've tried to go back and finish the game, but it's just so boring. I have way more money than I'll ever need, I'm sick of the collect-a-thon, there's no challenge at all to the missions and it's repetitive as Fuck.

#57 eataburger

eataburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:53 PM

I thought of the perfect analogy for AC2. Pancakes.

When you order a big stack of pancakes, you start eating them and it's the best thing in the world. The syrup, the butter, the fluffy cakeness... mmmmm.

Then about half way through, it starts getting dry, so you add a lot more syrup. You start thinking you might not finish the stack.

Towards the end you're sick of freakin pancakes. It's a big pile of food that all tastes the same and you're full but you can't stop eating.

Eventually you push the plate away promising yourself to never order them again.

#58 Earmuffin585

Earmuffin585

Modding Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:38 AM

Racist episode much!?!? Really you guys. Anyways, keep the CAGcast coming!
Posted Image