- - - - -

Staples Clearance Games

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 BlamBlam

BlamBlam

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:43 AM

Try this.
- if they've put Blur's 50% price on a ticket on a shelf (22.97) take the ticket from the shelf
- get an employee to follow you to the clearance table where Blur is (or whatever clearance game available)
-22.97 is the lowest price so point out that you should get 1/2 off of that (even though its obvious they were just pre-emptively providing the 50% off of the 39.99 on the shelf ticket)

Worked for me and I got Bioshock 2 and Blur for $8.73 and $11.48 respectively. (Also she gave me Crackdown 2 for 1/2 off $17.47 but I think I got lucky with that)

#32 charleytony

charleytony

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:08 AM

What really drives me crazy is that those clearances is that they don't match up from store to store. At one place you can find a game that is 9.97 and it might be 29.99 at the second store !
YMMV indeed !

You might want to know that I saw DJ Hero (1) bundled with the turntable for 30$. I still don't know if it is a good deal but it is tempting...
Posted Image

#33 Ninja Robot Pirate

Ninja Robot Pirate

I got it at Ver-sayce

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:37 PM

Staples at Morningside in Scarborough is pretty much cleared out. Call of Duty 2, Lost Planet 2, and Professor Layton and te Diabolical Box. Saw one copy of Lego Rock Band for PS3 for $3.97. There was also Resident Evil 5 (360) for $10 and Red Dead Redemption (both systems) for $39.97.

#34 craig64

craig64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:40 AM

Staples in Oliver Square (Edmonton) had a few decent titles available earlier this afternoon. Crackdown 2 and Lost Planet 2 (PS3/360) were the main titles. They also had The Saboteur for $9.xx for PS3 as well. I didn't pick up anything, but was tempted by Crackdown 2.

#35 PuppetYuber

PuppetYuber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:03 AM

cool, will go check out on monday after my exam :D

#36 Rocky071

Rocky071

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:53 AM

Staples in Oliver Square (Edmonton) had a few decent titles available earlier this afternoon. Crackdown 2 and Lost Planet 2 (PS3/360) were the main titles. They also had The Saboteur for $9.xx for PS3 as well. I didn't pick up anything, but was tempted by Crackdown 2.

Thanks Craig, don't suppose you saw Saboteur for 360 as well?

[Are you] ready not to go to a disco on Friday night because on Saturday [you] want to have a good game?

-Arsene Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager

#37 craig64

craig64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:24 PM

Nope, unfortunately only for PS3 for the Saboteur.

#38 grendel266

grendel266

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:20 AM

I managed to grab Alan Wake and Dragon Age Origins (PS3) at the Heartland Staples in Mississauga. I checked a few other Stores, Argentia, and Appleby line. Neither had any of the games on the list.
I truly wanted Heavy Rain but sadly I could not find it anywhere. For anyone near Heartland they had one copy of Dragon Age Origins for the 360 left as of this afternoon.

#39 GTAERgameing

GTAERgameing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:32 AM

Where should i look to find the games if they had any? All i find was some dvds and cds.

#40 matsam

matsam

Cooldude pts hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:14 AM

Where should i look to find the games if they had any? All i find was some dvds and cds.

I know a lot of stores don't have their game stock on display because too much gets stolen. My advice is to ask someone who works there if they have the game you're looking for in stock, it's probably in the backstore.
Posted Image

#41 GTAERgameing

GTAERgameing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:12 PM

I know a lot of stores don't have their game stock on display because too much gets stolen. My advice is to ask someone who works there if they have the game you're looking for in stock, it's probably in the backstore.

Thanks for the info.

#42 fokkerfan

fokkerfan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:06 PM

I checked the Staples in Calgary at Market Mall. Nothing on sale at all!

#43 Rocky071

Rocky071

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:59 PM

I checked the Staples in Calgary at Market Mall. Nothing on sale at all!

Did you ask them to scan the price?

[Are you] ready not to go to a disco on Friday night because on Saturday [you] want to have a good game?

-Arsene Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager

#44 Cheap360games

Cheap360games

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:13 AM

Thanks for the heads up!

#45 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:46 PM

what do you think of my chances calling the stores I've tried calling places like Wal-Mart and long story short it doesn't work.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#46 zoro69

zoro69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:52 AM

Between the 2 stores here I found the clearance games split between up to 3 locations at once - the normal aisle for games, designated "clearance table" of various items, rack just with clearance games, tables set up for generally regular price nicely displayed holiday merchandise with the games standing on end, and some (misplaced?) on the "$20 value game" rack.

At first none had the correct price, then they fixed some while others remained right beside with incorrect tags, sometimes identical titles with different prices

So I'd take a good look around

#47 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

Found multiples of the following PS3 games in the big bin near the entrance at Highway 7/Weston in Woodbridge:
Lego Rock Band ($3.97! Still didn't pick it up tho)
Bioshock 2 ($17.97)
Dragon Age Origins ($17.97)
MAG ($17.97)
UFC something ($??)

Lots of Wii, PS2, PSP, DS and 360 games, but sorry didn't browse them as I was in a rush. And no Heavy Rain :(

Posted Image

#48 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:41 PM

well that's right by me. i might have to stop by. was planning on going outside anyway.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#49 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:53 PM

Managed to pick up

Pikmin NPC
Lego Rock Band
Bionic Commando
Halo Wars
Cooking Mama 3 Shop & Chop

$3.97 each

And Zelda Spirit Tracks for $9.99
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#50 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:06 PM

oh man oh man. i was completely shook. Over on the gamecube side many of us use NGC instead of GCN. I thought you found an original Pikmin. For 4 bucks I'll keep on eye out on the new version. Never played the original anyway.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#51 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:12 PM

oh man oh man. i was completely shook. Over on the gamecube side many of us use NGC instead of GCN. I thought you found an original Pikmin. For 4 bucks I'll keep on eye out on the new version. Never played the original anyway.

I enjoyed the crud out of pikmin 1 + 2. If you'd like I can sell it to you at cost + shipping, I really only wanted the club nintendo code from it :lol: have the originals on GCN anyhow. Let me know.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#52 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:39 PM

Why is there no Pikmin 2 NPC? I thought that was coming so I sold off my GCN copies. :-(

#53 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:42 PM

Why is there no Pikmin 2 NPC? I thought that was coming so I sold off my GCN copies. :-(

They probably didn't sell too well, though I do recall miyamoto confirming a pikmin 3 is in the works.
Posted Image

Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#54 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:25 PM

yeah but how bloody long ago was that with no word since. I'll get to you on the Pikmin. As much as I'd prefer to play the cube version I think it would make a great showcase game. All the kids just want to play Smash Bros and Modern Warfare.. well none of them are older then 14 and the only other age appropriate games i have are Bomberman, Galaxy and Dokapon.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#55 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:26 PM

P.S. Red Steel 2 (solo) was down to $4.97 at Steeles and Keele location.. only they're out of stock. Just had the placeholder.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler