Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9303 replies to this topic

#4231 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

spybreak makes a good point, EA made money through the online pass...not being able to access a few additional MP maps and classes that can still be purchased through microtransaction for online pass holders would make a bigger stink. if they're smart they'll keep the MP content fresh longer as SP games eventually all succumb to the huge price drops in very little time.

#4232 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

I think that if the info about the MP content pack hadn't been leaked previously, we'd probably have been paying for it. Most likely that leak and the bad press they've been getting over the ending drove this to be free versus whatever they were going to charge for it.

Future ones will likely be paid DLC, if I had to guess.

#4233 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Go to the trailer. Go to 0:16. Notice the colors of the three characters shown.

Pick your favorite!

Hah! Good catch.
Posted Image

#4234 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

I'm pretty sure it was always intended to be free. Characters held back to give MP a shot in the arm. The timing of the DLC release is perfect to keep the MP fresh. And with everyone still trying to unlock the new content, there will be some microtransactions going on (I intend to try, hell I still haven't got my Salarian Engineer or Quarian Infiltrator ). They'll make plenty of money on that alone and will please the cheap gamers.

#4235 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

Go to the trailer. Go to 0:16. Notice the colors of the three characters shown.

Pick your favorite!

Ah hahaha I just saw that comment as well, totally missed it.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#4236 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

The official face model of Samara/Mornith in ME 2/3 decided to show up at PAX East 2012 to cosplay as Samara.
http://kotaku.com/58...ed-up-as-samara

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#4237 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

The official face model of Samara/Mornith in ME 2/3 decided to show up at PAX East 2012 to cosplay as Samara.

That's very cool, the model's voice kind of ruins the illusion though. :lol: They need Yvonne Strahoski to cosplay as Miranda, that would be the total package.

I'm surprised that the model for Shepard doesn't appear at conventions and stuff, seems like easy money/publicity.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#4238 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

She did this at last year's San Diego Comic Con, too.
Posted Image

#4239 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

Oh man, I thought I was gonna be excited when they officially announced geth MP characters...but a krogran vanguard??? Can't wait!

#4240 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

That's very cool, the model's voice kind of ruins the illusion though. :lol: They need Yvonne Strahoski to cosplay as Miranda, that would be the total package.

I'm surprised that the model for Shepard doesn't appear at conventions and stuff, seems like easy money/publicity.

I don't think there would be enough walls that could hold back all the people rushing up to see Yvonne Strahovski cosplay Miranda.

And which Shep model are we talking about, Sheploo or femShep?

#4241 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

I don't think there would be enough walls that could hold back all the people rushing up to see Yvonne Strahovski cosplay Miranda.

And which Shep model are we talking about, Sheploo or femShep?

Male Shep. Female Shep isn't based on any real-world person AFAIK.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#4242 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

Posted Image

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#4243 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

Single-player-only elitist remains unimpressed.

Posted Image

#4244 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

so no major news from PAX today outside of the MP pack?

#4245 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Posted Image

:rofl: I saw that picture and I heard YeeEEEEAAAAa AaHHHHHHhhhhh!!!

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#4246 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

Faith: Restored

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

I'm waiting for the inevitable head-explosion you'll have either way with the ending, be it suckage or amazing. :lol:

If it's still bad after the Extended Cut, then all you'll hear is a loud shriek (similar to the Banshee's) erupt from the skies. That will be the sound of my soul dying.

------------------------

I'm so pumped for next week, now.

Geth4Lyfe 8-)

#4247 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

so no major news from PAX today outside of the MP pack?

Not yet, but the Mass Effect panel is about to start. Don't know how much they'll say, but hopefully we get some new bits and pieces of info.
Posted Image

#4248 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

:rofl: I saw that picture and I heard YeeEEEEAAAAa AaHHHHHHhhhhh!!!

NOW PLAY ME SOME BLUES. (<3 Dethklok)

Also, I notice you're in K-ville. Me too! I've only ever seen people from Winston or Greensboro. Crazy.
Steam: Rhett816

#4249 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

Not yet, but the Mass Effect panel is about to start. Don't know how much they'll say, but hopefully we get some new bits and pieces of info.

News on single player dlc would be welcome. I expect to hears more about the comics and the upcoming anime. I'm actually more hopeful for dragon age news out f PAX.

mass_effect_n7_training_program_custom_lChubbyNinja1319.png

#4250 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

Liveblog of the ME3 PAX panel going on right now.
Posted Image

#4251 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

servers down for anyone else?
Posted Image

#4252 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

NOW PLAY ME SOME BLUES. (<3 Dethklok)

Also, I notice you're in K-ville. Me too! I've only ever seen people from Winston or Greensboro. Crazy.

Saw them "live." Super cool show.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#4253 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

If it's still bad after the Extended Cut, then all you'll hear is a loud shriek (similar to the Banshee's) erupt from the skies. That will be the sound of my soul dying.

------------------------

I'm so pumped for next week, now.

Geth4Lyfe 8-)

Duly noted. :D

Liveblog looks interesting so far.

#4254 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

Liveblog of the ME3 PAX panel going on right now.

Spoiler

zantar45.jpg

#4255 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

Dunno if anyone's posted this yet or not. Little more clarity on some of what to expect next week.

http://blog.us.plays...ers-april-10th/

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

#4256 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

That panel was a lot of talking without saying much.
Spoiler

Those questions sucked, too. Nothing that really put the writers on the spot, other than the Citadel question, and even then
Spoiler

Posted Image

#4257 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

Faith: Restored

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

That panel was a lot of talking without saying much.

Spoiler

Those questions sucked, too. Nothing that really put the writers on the spot, other than the Citadel question, and even then
Spoiler

At least I wasn't the only one who felt like they wasted 30 minutes of their time :roll:

#4258 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

looks like I'll be saving all credits till the dlc hits and buy packs then

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#4259 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

I see that people have settled into a traditional role in the MP. Same map, same enemy each time I play. Is there a reason why Cerberus is the favorite enemy?

I think I have just 2 more gold maps to complete but I cant seem to get into a game that has the maps being played.

#4260 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

I see that people have settled into a traditional role in the MP. Same map, same enemy each time I play. Is there a reason why Cerberus is the favorite enemy?

I think I have just 2 more gold maps to complete but I cant seem to get into a game that has the maps being played.

cerberus is predictable and easy to manage because theirs tactics are so varied where as reapers and geth are one extreme or the other...with cerberus the only real danger is the phantoms and one stasis bubble and concentrated fire eliminates that problem.

I've seen one map where you can farm Geth on gold w/out a quarian support...this is purely more for XP vs. credits but whatever works.